This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    In fairness, it's not like anybody in the country is confused about whose fault it is at this stage.
    Yeah, I guess you are right - everyone knows now and those who don't accept it, will never accept it! They do have a base support of 18% so almost one in every five Irish voters either don't blame FF or have glossed over their role in the economic meltdown already. A bit depressing but there you go.

Quick question: does anyone know if there is a cloakroom in the Olympia? I can't see it in my mind's eye - am going to see Ross Noble next Tuesday (greatest comedian ever IMHO) and will have my laptop with me as I'm arriving from Galway and won't have time to head home to drop it off. The Olympia is so tight for space that I really don't want to have to jam it under the tiny little seats!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Here, cheer up

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            emigrate back here and we'll talk about it

edit; actually I'm in the mood for a fight. What's your advice to Joe Average who's got two kids, stuck in Negative Equity in a poxy house miles from anywhere, whose wife has lost her job, whose kids schools are falling down and whose own pay is being pilfered for the next 30 years to pay back the debts that the FF scumbags foisted on to us? Bend over and take it??

GTFO, you've got some very impressive academic qualifications but you haven't a fucking clue how things work in real life. I've called this thing correctly over a number of years and your call has pretty much been 'it'll be grand'. You even thought Lenihan was doing a good job FFS. You strike me as a farily delusional Peter Pan figure tbh, what age are you - 30 or so? You come across like a naive child.

Now shove that up your mortarboard.

Raoul vs Hitchhiker thread soon?

Comment

Oooh! One of the first images back when I search for 'Fight Fight Fight' in Yahoo images:

Hope we get a humdinger

Comment

barring outright revolution, there are no solutions. Certainly none that will make things 'better'

to expand on this further; V for Vendetta and I have been pretty consistent in this this. You need to forget about this place called 'Ireland' and focus solely on the welfare of yourself and those important to you. Default on your debts if you have to, it's every rat for himself now. Get your money offshore if you haven't already and make an escape plan. Learn another language, get extra qualifications, don't be the sucker who sits around paying the bill for the traitorous scum.
                Fair enough. I'm staying, so I'll keep worrying about 'Ireland'.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                Yeah, Pat Rabitte tore Pat Carey a new one - it was GREAT! It was probably rehearsed but really articulated the feelings of the nation at the moment I think...just wait until the FFers are visiting doorsteps next year before any election, you'd almost feel sorry for the reception awaiting them. Almost.

The resident FFers on boards are spinning away the rant last night to focus negatively on Labour and Rabitte himself, but at this stage there are too many holes in the dyke, they are fighting a losing battle. Is it a conspiracy theory to think that various members of the FF organisation spend their whole day fighting for their party on boards / policitics.ie / irisheconomy.ie? What have you heard Denny Crane?!
                It is still important to assign blame though isn't it? It is more than important, it is essential! I have to LOL every time I hear someone give out about 'the blame game', as if past history doesn't matter...people can't move on without a proper knowledge of what went wrong and who is responsible for this, obviously policies for the future need to go hand-in-hand but starting off from a position of 'well, we are were we are and there is no point pointing fingers' is ludicrous.

Poor old Ireland, we really fucked you over this time!
                lol, you should get some popcorn by the sounds of things. You'll probably delight in the 'drama' of a record GE defeat for FF when it comes too.

I just don't give a fuck about this political grandstanding, and I find the anger of people to be utterly irrelevant. The Irish people and everyone else are fully aware of who is to blame at this stage. That's all the opposition have been doing for over two years now - pointing the finger. We are way past that being 'useful'.

Looks like I'll be spoiling my vote.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Continue....

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Possible repost, but these are in line for the FIFA goal of the year:

http://www.fifa.com/ballondor/puskas...425/index.html
                    Swedish chap has it sown up imo, Nasri in with a shout too.

Comment

barring outright revolution, there are no solutions. Certainly none that will make things 'better'

to expand on this further; V for Vendetta and I have been pretty consistent in this this. You need to forget about this place called 'Ireland' and focus solely on the welfare of yourself and those important to you. Default on your debts if you have to, it's every rat for himself now. Get your money offshore if you haven't already and make an escape plan. Learn another language, get extra qualifications, don't be the sucker who sits around paying the bill for the traitorous scum.
                      I guess that means your never coming back?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                        Confirmed fake. Very well done, but was on Rudetubes top 50 virals the other night.

Team elev8 from the apprentice could do with watching it
                        It's on the Onion News Network, of course it's fake.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                          It's on the Onion News Network, of course it's fake.
                          Any more tips Zod?

Comment

This should be an educational war of words. I am staying up.

Comment

emigrate back here and we'll talk about it

edit; actually I'm in the mood for a fight. What's your advice to Joe Average who's got two kids, stuck in Negative Equity in a poxy house miles from anywhere, whose wife has lost her job, whose kids schools are falling down and whose own pay is being pilfered for the next 30 years to pay back the debts that the FF scumbags foisted on to us? Bend over and take it??

GTFO, you've got some very impressive academic qualifications but you haven't a fucking clue how things work in real life. I've called this thing correctly over a number of years and your call has pretty much been 'it'll be grand'. You even thought Lenihan was doing a good job FFS. You strike me as a farily delusional Peter Pan figure tbh, what age are you - 30 or so? You come across like a naive child.

Now shove that up your mortarboard.
                              I'm sure you'd have some choice words for me too as a single male in his mid twenties who has no intention of leaving.

What I would say is that families like you describe above should be looking to throw back the keys and see if they can scrape their way over to the UK / Australia / Canada.

There are plenty of other situations where you have people in their mid to late fifties who borrowed to the hilt ten years ago and have no mobility. For them, the idea of 'Ireland' is very important. I'm currently paying half my parent's mortgage at the moment as it happens (on top of my own rent ), so you'll excuse me for still caring about all of this.

Argh, fuck this stuff.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ship the 91st percentile in the Gamsat. Get the fuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  This should be an educational war of words. I am staying up.
                                  I like words.

Comment

I like words.
                                    Especially big ones all put together in a sentence. Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      Especially big ones all put together in a sentence. Awesome.
                                      Be careful, you have exceeded your 8 word quota for a post

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                        Don't know what that is but well done!

I'm in great form too. Passed an interview and a psychometric test for a job. Just have to get through the medical today and hopefully should have an offer on the table next week
                                        Last edited by bantee; 19-11-10, 13:18.

Comment

Be careful, you have exceeded your 8 word quota for a post
                                          Was all one line so is acceptable

Comment

Comment

Don't know what that is but well done!

I'm in great form too. Passed an interview and a psychometric test for a job. Just have to get through the medical today and hopefully should have an offer on the table next week
                                              Its for postgrad medicine. Congratulations also! today is a good day

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                You are an impressive doommonger, i'll give you that. You have said before on boards that you had been railing against the property bubble for the last nine years. Obviously it's now turned out 'well' for you, but that's got to be a depressing existence.

Re 'got some impressive academic qualifications but you haven't a fucking clue how things work in real life'. I placed a bet with V for Vendetta two years ago about how the public sector employment situation would work out, and won. And placed a bet with you a year ago about general unemployment and essentially have it won. You both overreacted by allowing your emotions to interplay with the facts.

Re 'I've called this thing correctly over a number of years'. You may have mentioned it in pub chat over the last ten years, but you still bought a house, so....

Re 'whose own pay is being pilfered for the next 30 years to pay back the debts that the FF scumbags foisted on to us'. Think this is the problem – you view this as purely a FF thing. Read the manifestos of FG and Labour from the last election and the one before – none of them were talking about cutting spending or the housing bubble – they were actually talking about cutting taxes and increasing spending.

Re 'You strike me as a farily delusional Peter Pan figure tbh, what age are you - 30 or so? You come across like a naive child.' lol, I'd published a series of articles in the Irish Independent warning about this back in 2006, probably around about the time when you were drooling about FF over pints in the local (while negotiating with the estate agent on your house)
                                                oh dear, I'm crushed

let us remind ourselves of your prescience

Liking the bank recapitalisation plan. Good deal for taxpayers imo. Relatively safe investment earning about 8% per annum for the National Pension Reserve Fund (NPRF).
                                                how's that working out for ya?
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Re 'whose own pay is being pilfered for the next 30 years to pay back the debts that the FF scumbags foisted on to us'. Think this is the problem – you view this as purely a FF thing. Read the manifestos of FG and Labour from the last election and the one before – none of them were talking about cutting spending or the housing bubble – they were actually talking about cutting taxes and increasing spending.
                                                  { } understands 'accountability'

Comment

Comment

Some good news the other half took down a sweet new job after battling 200 others. It was down to two of them who had to do some case studys that would give Sugars apprentices instant ulcers. And what does she say to me when she is offered the job. What a pity the other person couldn't get it also. Refreshing .

TL DR etc
                                                      SPOILER

So are we to be impressed by Pat Rabbite or indeed ANY politician these days. Both government and opposition should hang their fecking heads, if a driver is asleep at the wheel, do you just sit there and watch the car head towards the crash barrier? and THEN complain about the driving. I'm saving any anger I have until the next election. No matter what party comes to my door I'm going to ask them wtf they where the last decade. I shall have the hounds ready and hungry to be released.

Ad for Ireland, none of this is permanent, ok the debt will be with us for years to come but the IMF don't actually have 800 years to landlord over us. THey are protecting Europe (which we are a part of) the real problem is the don't give a fck about our actual growth as a country, they are only concerned about the debt.
                                                      If we can protect the corporations, keep our young educated and take the higher taxation on the chin, we might get through this. What's really needed short term
                                                      and I don't care about the rights and wrongs of it, is to ensure the people who are really desparately in trouble are not left floundering. Give the banks the fluidity back and let's get working on the basics again. A harsh lesson but fk it. Unfortunately Labour will be in power next term but as many have said for the next while it's irrelevant who is really.

I think Raoul is drunk from last nights drink, cash game victory, plus the inevitable actually happening. There is no harm in being positive at this stage. THe rats deserting the ship attitude is disgusting and the look after yerself I'm all right Jack attitude is deffo one from across the wee pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                        My GAMSAT (entry to medicine) results are out today

One Time Dealer
                                                        providing there is no statistical anomaly say hello to your new grad med student

Get the fuck in there im going to be a doctor (hopefully)

Comment

Opr

Comment

where do you get the percentiles? congrats man delighted for us

edit got it - meh im only in the 80th percentile. still should be enough I hope
                                                            Last edited by Bubbleking; 19-11-10, 13:38.

Comment

You are an impressive doommonger, i'll give you that. You have said before on boards that you had been railing against the property bubble for the last nine years. Obviously it's now turned out 'well' for you, but that's got to be a depressing existence.

Re 'got some impressive academic qualifications but you haven't a fucking clue how things work in real life'. I placed a bet with V for Vendetta two years ago about how the public sector employment situation would work out, and won. And placed a bet with you a year ago about general unemployment and essentially have it won. You both overreacted by allowing your emotions to interplay with the facts.

Re 'I've called this thing correctly over a number of years'. You may have mentioned it in pub chat over the last ten years, but you still bought a house, so....

Re 'You strike me as a farily delusional Peter Pan figure tbh, what age are you - 30 or so? You come across like a naive child.' lol, I'd published a series of articles in the Irish Independent warning about this back in 2006, probably around about the time when you were drooling about FF over pints in the local (while negotiating with the estate agent on your house)
                                                              [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Comment

Christ, lunatics running the asylum comes to mind!

SPOILER
                                                                  j/k wp

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                    [IMG][/IMG]
                                                                    no, not really. I can't be bothered responding at this stage. People can reflect on our commentary down the years and make their own minds up as to who has more credibility. And make your own minds up as to what the future holds for you. I'm not going to post on this stuff anymore.

I just got sick of his denialism and had a lash out (probably projected anger that would be more profitably directed elsewhere).

Comment

Well done lads on the results! Is GAMSAT an american idea like GMAT or GRE for business subjects? How do ye do the medical training - is it a two year postgrad like in the states or is there a particular Irish way of doing it?
                                                                      Stop being nice and get back to your argument

Comment

Its on the breakdown the breakdown page, it says candidate ranking information for 2010 and it gives your percentile for your raw score. Where are you gonna go actually (well depending on the cutoffs etc)? Congratulations man, get in to fuck. Gonna get so locked.

Comment

Its on the breakdown the breakdown page, it says candidate ranking information for 2010 and it gives your percentile for your raw score. Where are you gonna go actually (well depending on the cutoffs etc)? Congratulations man, get in to fuck. Gonna get so locked.
                                                                          your gonna get locked - god help me I'll be in bits

order of preference

RCSI - wont get in not high enough score
                                                                          UCD - dont think Il get in
                                                                          Galway - if they offer the course this year
                                                                          UCC + Limerick - aiming for here id say with my score

Comment

Well done lads on the results! Is GAMSAT an american idea like GMAT or GRE for business subjects? How do ye do the medical training - is it a two year postgrad like in the states or is there a particular Irish way of doing it?
                                                                            Its a four year program. The Gamsat has 3 sections, verbal reasoning, essays and biology,chemistry, physics. A bit different to Gmat and gre in that it requires at least a couple of months study (particularly if u didnt do any science in your degree, which i didn't)

Comment

...

Comment

Keep it going lads, nothing interesting going on in my life

Comment

your gonna get locked - god help me I'll be in bits

order of preference

RCSI - wont get in not high enough score
                                                                                  UCD - dont think Il get in
                                                                                  Galway - if they offer the course this year
                                                                                  UCC + Limerick - aiming for here id say with my score
                                                                                  Did you apply to England? St Georges is meant to be good too (and its also free). Ye i'd be happy enough with anything but RCSI is my preference anyway. Fuckin delighted, felt like I've been living in limbo for the last 6 months. Congrats again and sure I might see ya next September!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                    Some good news the other half took down a sweet new job after battling 200 others. It was down to two of them who had to do some case studys that would give Sugars apprentices instant ulcers. And what does she say to me when she is offered the job. What a pity the other person couldn't get it also. Refreshing .

TL DR etc
                                                                                    SPOILER

So are we to be impressed by Pat Rabbite or indeed ANY politician these days. Both government and opposition should hang their fecking heads, if a driver is asleep at the wheel, do you just sit there and watch the car head towards the crash barrier? and THEN complain about the driving. I'm saving any anger I have until the next election. No matter what party comes to my door I'm going to ask them wtf they where the last decade. I shall have the hounds ready and hungry to be released.

Ad for Ireland, none of this is permanent, ok the debt will be with us for years to come but the IMF don't actually have 800 years to landlord over us. THey are protecting Europe (which we are a part of) the real problem is the don't give a fck about our actual growth as a country, they are only concerned about the debt.
                                                                                    If we can protect the corporations, keep our young educated and take the higher taxation on the chin, we might get through this. What's really needed short term
                                                                                    and I don't care about the rights and wrongs of it, is to ensure the people who are really desparately in trouble are not left floundering. Give the banks the fluidity back and let's get working on the basics again. A harsh lesson but fk it. Unfortunately Labour will be in power next term but as many have said for the next while it's irrelevant who is really.

I think Raoul is drunk from last nights drink, cash game victory, plus the inevitable actually happening. There is no harm in being positive at this stage. THe rats deserting the ship attitude is disgusting and the look after yerself I'm all right Jack attitude is deffo one from across the wee pond.
                                                                                    Finally some well thought out, measured analysis instead of the usual apocalypse style fear mongering. wp sir.
                                                                                    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

providing there is no statistical anomaly say hello to your new grad med student

Jackpot bouncer : GTFO you drunk

Bubbleking : Ahah, you'll notice a slight prick in your left arm, you will fall asleep shortly, and when you do so I shall kick you repeatedly in the bollox,
                                                                                      You will wake up with a severe headache and several hours of nausea..

Jackpot bouncer : er I'm getting a bit drowsy er Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bubbleking ; I'm also a big shot on the internet but that is not important right now.

Comment

I beat him like a red-headed stepchild

or possibly 2-outered him

shouldn't be trying to get drunks to fold anyways
                                                                                        I love that saying
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                                          Finally some well thought out, measured analysis instead of the usual apocalypse style fear mongering. wp sir.

eh hold on, my mother told me this.

Comment

Are there any solicitors here? Kayroo is a barrister, is he not?

I've always wondered about the logisitics involved in doing a law degree as a mature student (full time rather than part time) - there are far too many lawyers in Ireland I know (my younger brother is one but has a good job thankfully) but it seems an area that would be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              eh hold on, my mother told me this.
                                                                                              kudos to your Mammy so.
                                                                                              http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                              http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I'm not going to post on this stuff anymore.
                                                                                                Let's not say things we can't take back.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

NEVER write off those dreams of picking up an international cap. A cheeky drunken email has bagged eight Irish amateur footballers a place at the football tennis world championships in Turkey next month – even though they’ve never played the sport before.

NEVER write off those dreams of picking up an international cap. A cheeky drunken email has bagged eight Irish amateur footballers a place at the football tennis world championships in Turkey next month – even though they’ve never played the sport before.

Jamie Mulrooney had been enjoying a few drinks when he read about the Istanbul tournament, scheduled to run over three days from December 9.

Noting that free accommodation and meals were promised and probably recalling an occasional bout of head tennis in training, Mulrooney fired off an entry email to the organisers FIFTA.

"Jamie said we were part of Football Tennis Ireland, which was a load of rubbish. We’d had a few drinks in the house," said teammate Steven Conway who plays junior football with Sligo club Kilglass/Enniscrone.

The pair expected to hear no more but, low and behold, the Turkish organisers jumped at the chance to involve an Irish team.

"We couldn’t believe it," said Conway. "Most of the teams involved come from central and eastern Europe so they were keen to broaden the entry base. All we had to do was register our new ‘organisation’ as part of their federation so we could compete."

With their place at the top table of football tennis booked, the lads are milking the opportunity.

"Now we’re the governing body of football tennis in Ireland. I had to tell my club manager that I would be unavailable for selection next week as I would be away on international duty. I’ve always wanted to say that," joked Conway.

The Irish team faces competition from a dozen other nations at the championships including Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey and India. But before they could entertain genuine dreams of glory, it was time to brush up on the rules – and learn a little Turkish.

"We had the rules emailed to us by our new Turkish president friend. But they were rather poorly translated. Luckily we stumbled on to a Turkish site with some videos of past games," said Conway.

Football tennis is a hybrid sport that originated in central Europe in the early 1990s. The first world championships were held in 2006. There are three separate events; singles, doubles and triples and the squad for this championship must also include a coach and a chief delegate.

"Two of the lads will be wearing suits with Ireland flag ties," said Conway. "We don’t have a clue what else they’ll be doing."

Jerseys have been sorted, flights booked and two weeks of solid practice has helped the lads get to grips with the basics of their new sport. An appeal for sponsors is next on Conway’s growing to-do list.

"We are international athletes after all, representing the country on a world stage. It’ll be televised in the Czech Republic to hundreds of thousands of people. So what a chance to advertise a business!"

From watching footage of past matches, Conway believes the Irish selection is "not that bad" but if ultimate glory proves elusive, the squad does have an added incentive to put up a respectable performance in Istanbul. The next Football Tennis World Championships are due to be held in Las Vegas.

Read more: http://irishexaminer.ie/sport/other-...#ixzz15jjtxkTi

Drunkenturkishemailaments FTW
                                                                                                  Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 19-11-10, 14:00.
                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                    Useless bullshit!! Labour will not be getting a single preference from me. I am sick and tired of endless recriminations and finger pointing. NOT ONE SINGLE SENTENCE CONTAINING AN IDEA OR A SOLUTION. Go fuck yourself Pat. A demonstration of a politician in opportunist mode.
                                                                                                    Sentiment is right but you are looking at it all wrong

For ALL their faults what else are FG and Labour supposed to do apart from shout "bastards" at the top of their lungs?

There are no solutions to the problems, well none that a political party can fit into a TV sound bite that would not leave them open to attack by some FF PR Spiv

The attack attack attitude of Pat is 100% right option for him to take at the moment as he is not talking to FF, he is not talking to me/you, really he is not even talking to people who vote FF for their own reasons, HE IS TALKING TO PEOPLE WHO VOTE FF FOR FAMILY REASONS

My granda did this and my granda did that horshshit of the 18% is who he is talking to because while they exist, everything else is just pissing in the wind for the opposition

Them cunts have been trading on other peoples history for long enough

ALL Labour can/should do at the moment is point the finger and shout bastards!

Im not a labour head btw, wish I was, was asked to join enough
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    would probably have a custy TD job now if I had

A demonstration of a politician in opportunist mode.
                                                                                                    Its called politics!

There should have been blood on the streets the day they bailed out the two shitty banks for their own/friends gain

btw for any of the legal people in here
                                                                                                    can I bring a case of Treason against Cowen?

Comment

Got a tentative bit of word for Youm Mutamiz 7.00 Dundalk.
                                                                                                      Currently 3/1 7/2 most places.

Comment

The most successful piece of spin sold to the people of Ireland by FF in recent years is the line 'sure the other crowd are as bad' or 'would have done the exact same'...possibly true, but we've no way of knowing! I'm not a member of any party by the way.

Anyhow, arguing over politics online is 100% pointless at the end of the day, no-one ever changes their mind and just becomes more entrenched as the arguement goes on!

Comment

The most successful piece of spin sold to the people of Ireland by FF in recent years is the line 'sure the other crowd are as bad' or 'would have done the exact same'...possibly true, but we've no way of knowing! I'm not a member of any party by the way.

Anyhow, arguing over politics online is 100% pointless at the end of the day, no-one ever changes their mind and just becomes more entrenched as the arguement goes on!
                                                                                                          No way of knowing for sure maybe. But I remember FG and Labour's 2007 GE Manifesto...

Comment

DeVore posted this in the other place, he also just bought a house

"Economic growth and prosperity have changed the face of our country. The prosperity dreamt of by the founders of the Irish state has been achieved.... Ireland is no longer the failed entity of the past."—Pat Rabbitte, 2007 (source http://www.labour.ie/manifesto/1.html)

Comment

...

Comment

A guy here from UPC to install a new box in the extension, was not happy when the cable in the room was not a match,

"i'll have to get a cable put it over the roof, drill in from the wall outside and then have the cable"

"i see"

"do you have the authority do to do that?"

"i guess you better get started, sounds like you've got some work to do"

he was not happy at all i have a feeling i'm going to hear a tud in the next half hour and find the UPC man on the deck
                                                                                                                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations colquhom and Bubbleking!! Well played lads.

Did you apply to England? St Georges is meant to be good too (and its also free). Ye i'd be happy enough with anything but RCSI is my preference anyway. Fuckin delighted, felt like I've been living in limbo for the last 6 months. Congrats again and sure I might see ya next September!
                                                                                                                  My best mate finished in the 89th percentile last year and got into St Georges. Started a couple of months ago and loves it. It is in a rough area of London but the facilities and program appear to be top notch. Plus don't forget about the NHS bursary!!

What he did was accept a place in RCSI and defer it, just so he had a back up plan if London didn't work out for whatever reason.

Remember, if you're going the England route you aren't there yet! Still interviews to be done.

Best of luck to ye wherever you end up. Signing up for a tough, long road. But you'll be doing something truly useful with yourselves. Fair play!

Comment

No way of knowing for sure maybe. But I remember FG and Labour's 2007 GE Manifesto...
                                                                                                                    It is not as if the Opposition's failings are somehow of a similar magnitude to the Government's record of ineptitude, even though there are some people on boards or politics.ie who argue in this way, and are as angry at the Opposition as at the Government; it is actually mind-blowing to me!

The biggest mistakes of the Government have been in the past two years, not in the years prior to this (whch were failure filled, definitely!), so the GE manifestos are not as important in this sense I think. I am sure we'd still be in a lot of trouble with an FG / Lab government, that goes without saying, but I like to think not as much....wishful thinking?

Comment

I for one am majorly disappointed with HH and RDIII.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                        DeVore posted this in the other place, he also just bought a house
                                                                                                                        Someone replied later in that thread with a list of Brian Lenihan's much more recent quotes - I'll give you one guess who comes across worse!

Hopefully the house purchase works out for Devore, he seems like a really nice guy...other than running into him occassionally back in the day in the Fitz, don't know him at all.

Comment

We need to become a technocracy IMO.

Politics has ruined the country

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X