This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    How does party funding work? If 300 of us here registered as the IPB Party would we get funding?
    Hmm, seems to be more tricky to register a party:

Comment

I think today was the first day I got properly angry about the mess the country is in.

The bare faces lies our politicians tell, the complete utter disregard and disrespect for the populace, the dodging of questions that will paint them in a negative light, the gutless cowardly form of politics they maintain. In every form of media I've seen today its the same. Cowen getting ratty with a journalist over a question. GTFO you cowboy.

Just fuck the lot of them on the scrapheap and get people who actually have a clue what they are doing in, and if thats the IMF, well so be it, we'll be better for it long term. Whatever you do, don't let the average idiots and self serving muppets of this country decide who is in power.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
        On this point I think Alessandro Nesta will never get the recognition he deserves an outstanding defender and reader of the game.
        best man on man defender iv seen in the flesh. Was simply incredible at lazio and in his early years before being plagued with injuries in the last 4/5 years. Recently is back to his best and has an incredible partnership with thiago silva in the one game a month they seem to play together at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          Would you really? Honestly, you'd be embarrassed on a personal level?

I find that so bizarre.

Fwiw, I voted for this government, they have fucked up sure, but I won't be avoiding people in the street and going all red faced about it.

People that do feel that way have little to be worried about imo.

Well, I wouldn't so embarrassed that I'd be avoiding people in the streets but I wouldn't like to admit to it if I did vote for FF. I'd think it's fairly normal to be a bit embarrassed when people do something that isn't very smart. If I was sitting around a group of friends and acquaintances I'd be sheepishly mumbling the fact I voted for FF.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Run goodish brag....no doubt i won't be so lucky for the remainder of the month, but 8.5k hands in and AA 40 times and yet to suffer a loss. Not often that happens! All 20nl and shame that about 10-12 of these were just 3bets where i took it down pre
            Knew it wouldn't last long. Sterling table which makes it worse

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($21.77)
            Hero (SB) ($28.96)
            BB ($20)
            UTG ($20)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, A
            1 fold, Button bets $0.70, Hero raises $1.90, 1 fold, Button raises $21.07 (All-In), Hero calls $19.77

Flop: ($43.74) K, K, Q (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($43.74) 3 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($43.74) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $43.74

Results:
            Button had K, K (four of a kind, Kings).
            Hero had A, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
            Outcome: Button won $41.74

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
              Well, I wouldn't so embarrassed that I'd be avoiding people in the streets but I wouldn't like to admit to it if I did vote for FF. I'd think it's fairly normal to be a bit embarrassed when people do something that isn't very smart. If I was sitting around a group of friends and acquaintances I'd be sheepishly mumbling the fact I voted for FF.
              I agree it's normal to be embarrassed when you do something that's not very smart, but it's abnormal (imo) to be embarrassed about an issue that's far from your control.

You could argue that by voting for those muppets it's my fault by proxy, I disagree, but even if that technically is the case, I would still be embarrassed to be embarrassed.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Can anyone tell me how do i get all my old videos put onto disc

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                  I think today was the first day I got properly angry about the mess the country is in.

The bare faces lies our politicians tell, the complete utter disregard and disrespect for the populace, the dodging of questions that will paint them in a negative light, the gutless cowardly form of politics they maintain. In every form of media I've seen today its the same. Cowen getting ratty with a journalist over a question. GTFO you cowboy.

Just fuck the lot of them on the scrapheap and get people who actually have a clue what they are doing in, and if thats the IMF, well so be it, we'll be better for it long term. Whatever you do, don't let the average idiots and self serving muppets of this country decide who is in power.

+1 million

I've reached a stage where I don't give a fuck how badly this government fucks up because if we do have a general election we're just going to get some other band of clowns in to fuck this up in a different way. Enda Kenny is a complete plank, then the one time FG have a chance to get rid of him they bottle it. And this is a party that people want to run the country? I wouldn't even let them manage my garden. Then we have Labour, they have Joan Bruton as their finance spokesperson ffs. The worst of it all is Irish people in generl, ugh. The sooner IMF ome in the better, and they should be given the right do decide everything for us for the next 20 years.
                  Last edited by Teddie; 18-11-10, 19:29.

Comment

Time to restart the PDs imo.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                      Can anyone tell me how do i get all my old videos put onto disc

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        I agree it's normal to be embarrassed when you do something that's not very smart, but it's abnormal (imo) to be embarrassed about an issue that's far from your control.

You could argue that by voting for those muppets it's my fault by proxy, I disagree, but even if that technically is the case, I would still be embarrassed to be embarrassed.

It's an interesting issue. I suppose it depends on the persons mentality. When I'm abroad and I see Irish people getting hammered/fighting I always cringe and feel a bit embarrassed, however I have no control over it obviously it still annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                          best man on man defender iv seen in the flesh. Was simply incredible at lazio and in his early years before being plagued with injuries in the last 4/5 years. Recently is back to his best and has an incredible partnership with thiago silva in the one game a month they seem to play together at this stage
                          Youve obv never seen Gary Pallister in the flesh

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                            RDIII, do you h appen to know of any legit Euro banks where I can open a $ account alongside a Euro account, like that Keytrade bank you've recommended?
                            try one of the offshore ones like Barclays Wealth
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Broadsheet is a satirical news and popculture website from Ireland, featuring original and credited material, updated every 15 minutes from 9am to 5pm GMT.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I presume everyone expects FF to be back in after the next government?

Comment

Expecting an epic 2k post LL

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

welcome to my world for the last decade or so
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Opr

Comment

juggling balls

hey does anyone know where i can get my hands on some juggling balls in dublin for 2moro, I promised my neice a set for her birthday and its here already and somehow it slipped my mind

cheers in advance

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            Knew it wouldn't last long. Sterling table which makes it worse
                                            Weird that I haven't played one hand vs. you, assuming you're using your Boyle SN. I've just about $1.2k now after grinding it up from my initial e200 that I put back in in September so gonna start adding some 50nl tables at the start of Dec.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKAX7Jp8wo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKAX7Jp8wo&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                It's an interesting issue. I suppose it depends on the persons mentality. When I'm abroad and I see Irish people getting hammered/fighting I always cringe and feel a bit embarrassed, however I have no control over it obviously it still annoys me.
                                                You're right, there are plenty of instances when you can be embarrassed by actions/situations beyond your control, I can think of a few.

I just feel the situation the country is in, the IMF etc is not something the average person should be embarrassed about. I just don't understand why anyone would be.

Comment

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfIT1X3lnIY[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson
                                                      hey does anyone know where i can get my hands on some juggling balls in dublin for 2moro, I promised my neice a set for her birthday and its here already and somehow it slipped my mind

cheers in advance
                                                      Shop called Visuals on Liffey do this sort of stuff.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                        going to set up a group on facebook tomorrow for my masters students in a minor attempt to drag the uni into the 21st century; that can't go wrong surely?

does anyone know if that gives a location specific address e.g facebook.com/'name of masters' ?
                                                        not sure, this is what we have http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...58841964150354

Probably easiest to setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          How does party funding work? If 300 of us here registered as the IPB Party would we get funding?
                                                          obviously a brilliant idea
                                                          hitchhiker would be minister for affairs
                                                          RDII minister of finance
                                                          CHD cheann choarla

and luckylloyd the taoiseach he could ban the opposition for 24hrs every day

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                            Anyone who still thinks this way in 2010 should be taken out and beaten with a surgical Clue-by-four.
                                                            A++++++,would buy again from this user.
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                              But yet you believe that FG are the answer!

We should stop even thinking about FF from now on - they aren't going to be in the next government. It's going to be FG and Labour, and FG are a woefully bad party at the moment. We need to concentrate on hopefully fixing their mistakes to stop them fcking up when they're in power.
                                                              Parties in the next government are kind of irrelevant when all the important decisions will already have been taken by the ESF/IMF.

Would like to see the back of FF, purely because they caused or failed to stop the disaster that we're currently in, but given how bad the disaster is, FG/Lab aren't going to solve it either.

ESF/IMF may provide them with the political cover to kick all the ass that needs to be kicked, after which we'll probably go back to FF being the 'govt of choice' until they fk up badly again.

Comment

Comment

“Every country has the government it deserves.”

-Joseph Marie de Maistre
                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Gwan the bull

Terry Jenkins foot stamp and using the darts as bull horns is one of the great things in this world

Comment

I'm not particularly angry about the situation, not anymore (the time for that was years ago - I do hate de Bert with incredible intensity, doubt I hate anyone else in the world as much as that lying, corrupt bastard), but it is easy to be embarrassed today seeing Brian Lenihan and various FF cronies vainly trying to spin the IMF being in town as 'working with the governement - no bailout here', it beggars belief as to who could possibly be convinced by this bullshit.

Maybe the 18% of the electorate who vote FF no matter what - they may not be fools, but they are ignorant in some respects, that is for certain!

Like many others, I don't mind that our elected representatives have brought about a situation where we are being told what to do - we need outside help and should be grateful that it is available to us, Seanie Foreigner isn't likely to be as foolish as our own political masters have proven themselves to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                        I'm not particularly angry about the situation, not anymore (the time for that was years ago - I do hate de Bert with incredible intensity, doubt I hate anyone else in the world as much as that lying, corrupt bastard), but it is easy to be embarrassed today seeing Brian Lenihan and various FF cronies vainly trying to spin the IMF being in town as 'working with the governement - no bailout here', it beggars belief as to who could possibly be convinced by this bullshit.

Maybe the 18% of the electorate who vote FF no matter what - they may not be fools, but they are ignorant in some respects, that is for certain!

Like many others, I don't mind that our elected representatives have brought about a situation where we are being told what to do - we need outside help and should be grateful that it is available to us, Seanie Foreigner isn't likely to be as foolish as our own political masters have proven themselves to be.
                                                                        Well you shouldn't be
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIgdnlOSlps&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

i'm glad i play busto stakes at times, sittin with 10 buyins in front of me and i still in a huge hole

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                              i'm glad i play busto stakes at times, sittin with 10 buyins in front of me and i still in a huge hole
                                                                              Site and screename please?

Comment

"BBC comedy fail" imo

Comment

You should probably keep playing..

Comment

Irish economy getting ripped to pieces here on Have I Got News For You

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                      You should probably keep playing..
                                                                                      i'm not tiltin now acutally - was a little bit when i posted it, thanks for the concern though

Comment

i'm not tiltin now acutally - was a little bit when i posted it, thanks for the concern though
                                                                                        And the award for the most ironic use of rolleyes in 2010 goes to...

Also..What.The.Fuck?

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I feel the Admins have been fully vindicated on their choice of Ace's custom title.
                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

move up levels?

(did Marq find this place?)

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                              Irish economy getting ripped to pieces here on Have I Got News For You
                                                                                              All cheap shots and all, no need for cleverness when talking about a pile of shite this big

Paul Merton never seems to laugh at the paddy jokes on that show

seen him get a bit cross looking at a few over the years
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              probably due having an Irish mammy

I reckon 20 years of not being allowed to do loads of paddy jokes is all going to come out in the next 6 months
                                                                                              but fuck it, I suppose they will be playing for the privilege//

Comment

I see Special Agent Frank Lundy is making a guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory as Penny's dad tonight.

Comment

Prime Time is on now, oh good.

Fk it I'm going to the pub.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                    Prime Time is on now, oh good.

Fk it I'm going to the pub.

Comment

Anyone watch Fair City on here? Current Storyline with Damien/Susanne is very good, which doesn't get said about Fair City too often
                                                                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                        And the award for the most ironic use of rolleyes in 2010 goes to...

Also..What.The.Fuck?

http://www.birthornot.com/
                                                                                                        I agree with 4chan
                                                                                                        I feel a little dirty about it
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

DP were you looking for a job? GF's place is looking for a database person. SQL or something. Sorry my IT knowledge is lol!

Comment

I'm contracting out in Vodafone at the moment but interested in whatever is out there man.
                                                                                                            Sure if you have any info send me on a PM

Cheers
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                                                              Anyone watch Fair City on here? Current Storyline with Damien/Susanne is very good, which doesn't get said about Fair City too often
                                                                                                              you need to get out more

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

The 'Secret Millionaire' show is awesome.
                                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtdsfme3DQs[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                    you need to get out more
                                                                                                                    have you seen outside?
                                                                                                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson
                                                                                                                      A pound shop, or the gadget shop in jervice, a joke shop etc
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                      Site and screename please?
                                                                                                                      I can't see this getting old anytime soon

Comment

Got danloulou to my immediate left deep in the $5 20k on Stars

I'm short now anyway so won't have to worry about him outplaying

Edit: LOL, one limper and I shove AJhh for 10bb on button and dan wakes up with AK. gg!
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Caf; 18-11-10, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                                          Got danloulou to my immediate left deep in the $5 20k on Stars

I'm short now anyway so won't have to worry about him outplaying

Edit: LOL, one limper and I shove AJhh for 10bb on button and dan wakes up with AK. gg!
                                                                                                                          Tough break man.

HU4ROLLZ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X