X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    here's the only link to odds for the Uk Apprentice that I was able to find:

two weeks old so obv. a slight change with the two long shots Sandeesh and Alex gonzo

Liz Locke 3/1
    Christopher Farrell 5/1
    Jamie Lester 13/2
    Stella English 15/2
    Joanna Riley 9/1
    Chris Bates 10/1
    Stuart Baggs 16/1
    Alex Epstein 25/1
    Sandeesh Samra 33/1

anyone want to quote me reasonable odds on Stella?
    I won't quote you a price but I will take Liz in a last longest?

€50?

Comment

Everyone realises that the Glazer's haven't repaid that loan right? United are still in the same amount of debt.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Finance folk: Im finished in DCU in 3 weeks and according to some letter I got, because I've only been there 2 years I can get all my public service pension contribs and pension levy payments back, or do other stuff with them. What would be the best bet?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          I won't quote you a price but I will take Liz in a last longest?

€50?
          no, she's less than half the price of my horse!
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Back into retirement for backing horseys

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Winner all right, winner all right!

SPs 7/2, 10/11

always listen to the guy with the horsey avatar
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Missed Zod's winner as well, I gotta stop taking late lunches
                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Was reading a behavioural activation therapy protocol for depression and it has a section in it where different types of activity are suggested. Looking at the entertainment section I think it was written by something of a degenerate. 7 things suggested one could do for entertainment if depressed and 2 of them are gambling and go to horse racing

Comment

Problem solved by Mary Lou

Ms McDonald, who lost her seat as an MEP for Dublin last year, questioned the worth of past interventions by the IMF, saying they were characterised by “privatisation of public services and huge unemployment”.

“Hundreds if not thousands of teaching and nursing positions would be in jeopardy crippling our public services [if the IMF intervened],” she said. “These officials from the EU and IMF and any other vultures circling around this country should be told to get lost.”
                    Simples.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                      Everyone realises that the Glazer's haven't repaid that loan right? United are still in the same amount of debt.
                      Is it not due to be paid next Monday?? Thought I heard that somewhere.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                        Simples.
                        You missed the part where she recommended kidnapping the wife and children of President of the European Central Bank Jean-Claude Trichet and making him go to work and withdraw €80 billion and leave it in a bin in Ballymun.

Comment

who?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                            Back into retirement for backing horseys
                            lol had some €s left in the account so stuck it on each way on some random horse, Varkala @ 16/1 in 4 o'clock at Hereford. Came 2nd Not sure if out of the hole for the day but def calling it quits now

Comment

FOUR-FOUR-F*CKING-TWO
                              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8TNtU0_0_c&feature=related[/ame]
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

no, she's less than half the price of my horse!
                                Ill give you another runner in the field or give you 7/5?

Comment

by the way, this is the guy currently sizing up the Taoiseach's office

his nickname in IMF circles is 'The Chopper'

I assume this is because he has an enormous penis

Comment

Ill give you another runner in the field or give you 7/5?
                                    my horse is 15/2 and yours is 3/1

are you saying you'll give me two horses versus your 1?

Comment

Snap his hand off with Christopher Farrell (ex-marine guy) imo.

Comment

Yeh well give me a proposal......

Im not looking for anything too mad just to have a bit of interest in it so dont be trying to screw me like V for Vendetta would! Just come up with something fair that leaves me with a 50-100 liability.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          Snap his hand off with Christopher Farrell (ex-marine guy) imo.
                                          yeah that's what was I thinking but awaiting confirmation from Eoghan

he's taken enough off me in drunken poker props to give me a bit of juice here

you don't rate Stella, no?

Comment

Yeh well give me a proposal......

Im not looking for anything too mad just to have a bit of interest in it so dont be trying to screw me like V for Vendetta would! Just come up with something fair that leaves me with a 50-100 liability.
                                            your Liz versus my Stella and Chris

Last longest, loser buys the winner into standard local donkament of their choice (up to 100). Winner buys the drinks.

Comment

Now STFU Peter Kay

Comment

You do know the results are already known right?

Comment

your Liz versus my Stella and Chris

Last longest, loser buys the winner into standard local donkament of their choice (up to 100). Winner buys the drinks.
                                                  Ok im feeling generous........

Booked. GL.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                    yeah but we don't know them (or at least I don't and I trust Eoghan)

it's only mickey mouse money anyway

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                      I presume so but I trust RDIII would be honest enough that he doesnt know and he knows I don't.

Don't say anything if you know....... Its all about the sweat!

Comment

I've been getting these emails lately from a newsletter called Stock Twiter, who seem to be in the business of discovering stocks that are going to explode and recommending them to their subscribers. Would I be right in assuming that these are just a big scam? They mostly deal with penny stocks on the PINK sheets (which I had to Google to find out exactly what it was) and they seem to have a good track record.

Do they simply just buy stocks in tiny companies and then recommend them to all their subscribers to inflate the price and let them get out as massive winners before the pool of investors dries up as the day wears on leaving the late-comers (presumably the "free" subscribers) with stocks that they'll never have a chance of selling at the price they bought?

Is there any merit in subscribing to the paid version of the newsletter and pumping and dumping the stocks when the public newsletter gets circulated? Or is this simply a mugs game and I'm being taken for a fool?

Comment

America at it again...
                                                          Dancing with the stars the next reality show to take over the BBV maybe?

Anger at Bristol Palin’s dancing leads to 15-hour SWAT standoff
                                                          A 66-year-old man from rural Dane County in Wisconsin faces charges of second-degree reckless endangerment after he shot his television because he was angered by Bristol Palin's dancing.

On Monday night, Steven N. Cowan and his wife were watching "Dancing With The Stars" when Cowan flew into a rage and told his wife to grab his pistols.

"The (expletive) politics," he yelled, according to the complaint.

Cowan was upset with Bristol Palin's performance on the on the ABC program.

He felt Palin was not a good dancer and that she was only on the show because of her famous mother, former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Cowan's daughter had previously hidden her father's pistols for safety reasons, but he managed to find a single-shot shotgun, which he then loaded and used to destroy his television set, according to the complaint.

Fearing for her life, Cowan's wife fled the house and called police from a nearby lawyer's office.

"He scared the bejebees out of me," she told police.

A SWAT team surrounded his home for 15 hours Monday and Tuesday before negotiators were able to talk Cowan into surrendering without incident.

A spokeswoman for Dane County Sheriff's Department told the Associated Press that Cowan works as a landlord, but didn't know where he owned property.

She said he has a clean criminal record.

If convicted, Cowan could face up to 10 years in prison.

Cowan was under stress because of money problems and was receiving care for a mental health problem, according to his wife.

Comment

Yeah for sure, I just found this year it's been so much harder to avoid spoilers with the show being put back from it's original March slot due to Alan Sugars election commitments.

Next year's show looks cool in that instead of a job you get ÂŁ250k investment and a support and knowledge network for a business of your choice that you own 50/50 with Sir Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                              I've been getting these emails lately from a newsletter called Stock Twiter, who seem to be in the business of discovering stocks that are going to explode and recommending them to their subscribers. Would I be right in assuming that these are just a big scam? They mostly deal with penny stocks on the PINK sheets (which I had to Google to find out exactly what it was) and they seem to have a good track record.

Do they simply just buy stocks in tiny companies and then recommend them to all their subscribers to inflate the price and let them get out as massive winners before the pool of investors dries up as the day wears on leaving the late-comers (presumably the "free" subscribers) with stocks that they'll never have a chance of selling at the price they bought?

Is there any merit in subscribing to the paid version of the newsletter and pumping and dumping the stocks when the public newsletter gets circulated? Or is this simply a mugs game and I'm being taken for a fool?
                                                              There's a scam based on this.

I choose 10 companies, and send 10 different e-mails off to 10,000 people, saying "look at this, this will go up in value".

One month later, the people who've received the "winner" e-mails of the previous month get sent another e-mail.

etc etc

Obviously the more you start with the easier it is to get a few hits in a row, even 5 1/50 shots can come off when you're e-mailing a few million people.

Then once someone invests, bye bye...
                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 18-11-10, 16:42.

Comment

the correct response is:

"your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter"

Comment

Can't beat the classics....

They buy up an obscure penny stock and then tip off everyone they can find an email address for hoping if they hit enough people they'll stumble across enough greedy/foolish people that we'll go out and buy the stock they have already bought cheap.

These stocks are so lightly traded that virtually any volume will send the price up a large %.

Now the original scam artist can sell at this higher price and book the profit of the movement their email caused.

If the original price rise gains momentum and more people forward this 'tip' and more greedy/foolish people buy the price could continue to rise and even the people who were scammed at the start could now sell at a profit.

Of course this only lasts so long and eventually the pyramid collapses and the majority of greedy/foolish people get stuck holding worthless shares.

Don't let this be you (start the scam yourself )
                                                                  You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

I'm still waiting on my keytrade forms. Is National Irish(part of the danske group) covered by the Irish or Danish guarantee?

Also anyone know anything about this South African bank?
                                                                    Investec - a leading specialist international financial services company

Comment

I'm still waiting on my keytrade forms. Is National Irish(part of the danske group) covered by the Irish or Danish guarantee?
                                                                      http://www.nationalirishbank.ie/en-i...s/default.aspx
                                                                      they (and Rabo) are as safe as Irish banks get

Also anyone know anything about this South African bank?
                                                                      http://www.investec.ie/[/QUOTE]

yes, they're as safe as South African banks get

Comment

"During a gold rush it's not the speculators who get rich it's the guy selling the shovels and wheelbarrows"

All 'greed' angled scams are based roughly on above. i.e. I have a winning system/way to get rich just subscribe for $19.99 a month and I'll show you how.

The golden rule of anything like this is if someone has an edge they are not going to sell it.

If they did have an edge and made it available for a price it is now worthless anyway as everyone has access to it.
                                                                        You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

you don't rate Stella, no?
                                                                          As I said earlier I've been watching it for a few weeks and last night went "Who's that blonde chick?" when I saw her. And at that all they showed her doing last night was moaning and covering her head about having to deal with Baggs.

Can any hardcore Apprentice veteran speak to whether they think the whole show is edited after the end of it and thus the camera time and editing produced narratives are geared towards the idiots on the one hand (that's a given) and the ones who will be in the top 3 at the other end? Or do they reckon it is edited per tasks as the show is being produced?

Comment

FML

SPOILER
                                                                            The Company I work for is going into Nama over the weekend. Next few weeks are critical with my Job/the Company...... one time dealer
                                                                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              There's a scam based on this.

I choose 10 companies, and send 10 different e-mails off to 10,000 people, saying "look at this, this will go up in value".

One month later, the people who've received the "winner" e-mails of the previous month get sent another e-mail.

etc etc

Obviously the more you start with the easier it is to get a few hits in a row, even 5 1/50 shots can come off when you're e-mailing a few million people.

Then once someone invests, bye bye...
                                                                              I believe there is a section of Fooled By Randomness (already forgetting some of the detail from that book! It was very interesting tho) about this very scam. It is quite clever really, from the originator's point of view at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                I believe there is a section of Fooled By Randomness (already forgetting some of the detail from that book! It was very interesting tho) about this very scam. It is quite clever really, from the originator's point of view at least.
                                                                                book is about 8 inches from my laptop, and I read that chapter about a week ago! That's how I knew about it!

Comment

RDIII, do you h appen to know of any legit Euro banks where I can open a $ account alongside a Euro account, like that Keytrade bank you've recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                    26 Ways To Make A Woman Smile

1. When she asks how she looks shrug and say "could be better" this will keep her on her toes. Girls love that.

2. Never hold her hand. This can be interpreted as a sign of weakness. If she grabs your hand squeeze hers really really hard until she cries. This will impress her by showing her what a strong man you are.

3. Once a month sneak up on her from behind and knock her over. Girls are like dogs. They love to be roughed up.

4. Call her in the middle of the night to ask if she's sleeping. If she is say "you better be". Repeat this 4 or 5 times until morning. This will show her you care.

5. When she is upset about something, suggest to her that it might be her fault. This will pave the way for her own personal improvement. And every girl needs some improvement.

6. Recognize the small things . . . they usually mean the most. Then when she's sleeping, steal all her small things and break them.

7. If you're talking to another girl, make sure shes looking. When she is, stare into her eyes mouth the words "f*** you" and grab the other girls ass. Girls love competition.

8. Tell her you're taking her out to dinner. Drive for miles so she thinks it's going to be really special. Then take her to a burning tire yard. When she starts to get upset tell her you were just kidding and now you're really going to take her to dinner. Then, drive her home. When she starts crying and asks why you would do something like that lean over and whisper gently into her ear "...because i
                                                                                    can."

9. Introduce her to your friends as "some chick". Women love those special nicknames.

10. Play with her hair. Play with it HARD.

11. Warm her up when shes cold...and not by giving her your jacket... then you might get cold. Rather, look her in the eye and say "if you don't stop bitching about the cold right now you're going to be bitching about a black eye." The best way to get warm is with fear.

12. Take her to a party. When you get there she'll have to go to the bathroom (they always do). Leave immediately. Come back right when the partys dying and yell at her the whole way home for ditching you at the party.

13. Make her laugh. A good way to do this is if she has a small pet. Kick the pet. I always find stuff like that funny. Why shouldn't girls?

14. Let her fall asleep in your arms. When she's fast asleep, wait 10 minutes then JUMP UP AND SCREAM IN HER EAR! Repeat until she goes home and you can use your arms for more important things like basketball.

15. Spit often. I hear girls like guys that spit.

16. If you actually care about her never ever tell her. This will only give her self confidence. Then you can never turn her into the object she deep down desires to be.

17. Every time you're in her house steal one of the following: shoes, earrings, or anything else that comes in pairs. Only take one of the pair. This way she'll go crazy.

18. Take her out to dinner. Right when shes about to order interrupt and say no she's not hungry. Make her watch you eat. Girls love a guy that speaks for them.

19. Look her in the eyes and smile. Then clock her one. Girls love a spontaneous guy.

20. Give her one of your t-shirts......and make sure it has your smell on it. But not a sexy cologne smell. A bad smell. You know what i'm talking about.

21. When its raining keep asking her if shes crying. She'll say no it's just the rain. Ten minutes later turn to her and just scream at her to stop crying you f***ing baby. Girls like a tough man.

22. Titty twisters and plenty of them.

23. If you're listening to music, and she asks to hear it, tell her no. This way she'll think you're mysterious.

24. Remember her birthday but don't get her something. Teach her material objects aren't important. The only thing that's important is that she keeps you happy. And your happiness is the greatest present she can ever get.

25. When she gives you a present on your birthday, christmas, or just when ever, take it and tell her you love it. Then, next time you know she's coming over on a trash day leave the trash can open and have the present visibly sticking out of the can. Girls actually don't like this one that much but i think it's funny.

26. If she's mad at you for not calling her when you say you will promise her that you will call her at a certain time of the day. This will make sure that she waits by the phone. Tell her when you call youre going to tell her a special surprise. Now shell be really excited. Now dont call.
                                                                                    best way to make a guy smile..

Tell him your going away on a girls weekend, and will he be okay
                                                                                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                      best way to make a guy smile..

Tell him your going away on a girls weekend, and will he be okay
                                                                                      Tell him after you have made dinner and finished the cleaning though

Comment

does 2+2 forum support tapatalk?
                                                                                        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          As I said earlier I've been watching it for a few weeks and last night went "Who's that blonde chick?" when I saw her. And at that all they showed her doing last night was moaning and covering her head about having to deal with Baggs.

Can any hardcore Apprentice veteran speak to whether they think the whole show is edited after the end of it and thus the camera time and editing produced narratives are geared towards the idiots on the one hand (that's a given) and the ones who will be in the top 3 at the other end? Or do they reckon it is edited per tasks as the show is being produced?
                                                                                          bit of both but I'm sure the final editig is for Sugars benefit.

Comment

Just home from Thurles rough day atr.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                            Insanely controversial statement time, and I expect alot of hate for this...

But Zidane was quite over-rated. He had immense skills, immense, and on the big stage he was as good as anyone. But he wasn't bothered playing in the smaller games, he was woefully inconsistent and was also very very dirty and prone to the occasional red card when the chips were down.

His record in big games speaks for itself, but his league winning record (3 in his career in a test of consistency rather than ability to handle the big games) equally speaks for itself. An incredible player don't get me wrong, but his inconsistency and his failure to motivate himself for small games keeps him out of the contenders for greatest ever imo. Most people who watched him week in week out seem to share this opinion also, I can only speak for his time in Spain but it was certainly the case there.

Again, he was an incredible player, just not a contender for greatest of all time. Not quite.
                                                                                            Thats not insanely controversial, just a well made point.
                                                                                            I spent 3 years listening to people telling me Ronaldo never delivered in the big games only against the rubbish teams, now your saying the polar opposite is the case for Zidane. People just need to pick holes sometimes.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                            So much lol, so little time.

Compare trophies at club level. That's Zidanes CAREER vs Messi, who's 23.

Zidane, leagues 3, champions leagues, 1, domestic cups, 0

Messi, leagues 4, champions leagues 2, domestic cups 1

Just to re-iterate, one is 23, one is an entire careers worth.

Also, to use your phrase, Keane was "pure money" when it mattered, which was every time he stepped on the pitch. Again, compare and contrast, domestic trophy haul of Keane vs domestic trophy haul of Zidane.

EDIT - Fancy a spreadbet of major trophies for Messi vs Zidane? Money will be given out at the end of Messi's career? 100 euro a trophy?
                                                                                            This is rubbish imo, not the facts and figures I'm sure they are right but your use of statisitics to back up a point on a debate that can't ever be settled definatively. Stats can be abused by anyone to make their side of the case look stronger also.
                                                                                            Otherwise one could harp on about Zizou's international record, which was impeccable at times(except for a misplaced header)
                                                                                            Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                            So all the pointless step overs he did in 5 yards of space on the half way line when a simple turn would have done were not flash shit then?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wikjynTWQj4[/ame]
                                                                                            You wont find many needless stepovers in here.
                                                                                            Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                            A lack of motivation in certain games shouldnt be used as an arguement against someones talent and ability. Maradona, Best, cryuff etc are all up there but by their very nature of the position makes inconsistency a common occurrence.

If its consistency you're judging the GOAT by then surely its Beckenbauer, Maldini and lothar matthäus that should be the names in consideration
                                                                                            On this point I think Alessandro Nesta will never get the recognition he deserves an outstanding defender and reader of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

(2) I'm thinking of picking up a kindle. Anybody got one and do you like it? My only reservation is that I think I'd miss the feel and smell of a real book.
                                                                                              I was worried about that too, but much you get it you're instantly enchanted. Such a fantastic device.

Comment

Our dear leader is on the radio telling us not to be ashamed of our situation, it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I heard an oul'one on Joe Duffy today saying she's ashamed to be Irish right now.

I find this a bit bizarre. Are any of you actually embarrassed or ashamed?

Personally, I'd be embarrassed if I was embarrassed.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                  I was worried about that too, but much you get it you're instantly enchanted. Such a fantastic device.
                                                                                                  I've heard they cause problems with your use of the language though?

Comment

Oul wans are mad, pay no heed of them.

Explain to them its German money, not "from the Brits", and they'll be ok. Its a loan from our Allies against the Queen!

Comment

Cant say it enough but I absolutely love Modern Family its genius

If you haven't checked it out get on it now!
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Denny, what are they like with PDFs? i've got a hell of a lot of books in pdf format and would hate for the kindle to be shite with those.

Comment

Explain to them its German money, not "from the Brits", and they'll be ok. Its a loan from our Allies against the Queen!
                                                                                                          lol, I suppose I can understand (not empathise with) some idiots getting embarrassed about being 'bailed out by the brits', but in the news bulletins he's urging people not to be embarrassed about the general situation.

Imo, anyone genuinely embarrassed about our situation needs to get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            I've heard they cause problems with your use of the language though?
                                                                                                            seemingly so

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                            Denny, what are they like with PDFs? i've got a hell of a lot of books in pdf format and would hate for the kindle to be shite with those.
                                                                                                            oops, yeah that's one of it's problems. pdf's can be very hit and miss.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Our dear leader is on the radio telling us not to be ashamed of our situation, it's nothing to be embarrassed about.

I heard an oul'one on Joe Duffy today saying she's ashamed to be Irish right now.

I find this a bit bizarre. Are any of you actually embarrassed or ashamed?

Personally, I'd be embarrassed if I was embarrassed.

I'd be embarrassed if I voted for FF all my life which is what most auld ones do so I can kind of see her point.

Comment

Anyone who still thinks this way in 2010 should be taken out and beaten with a surgical Clue-by-four.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                  Anyone who still thinks this way in 2010 should be taken out and beaten with a surgical Clue-by-four.
                                                                                                                  Grannies be Grannies. They aren't going to change their ways.

I'm certainly not advocating it, but that's the real situation!

Comment

How does party funding work? If 300 of us here registered as the IPB Party would we get funding?

Comment

How does party funding work? If 300 of us here registered as the IPB Party would we get funding?
                                                                                                                      This would be cool . Can i be the spokesman

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                        I'd be embarrassed if I voted for FF all my life which is what most auld ones do so I can kind of see her point.
                                                                                                                        Would you really? Honestly, you'd be embarrassed on a personal level?

I find that so bizarre.

Fwiw, I voted for this government, they have fucked up sure, but I won't be avoiding people in the street and going all red faced about it.

People that do feel that way have little to be worried about imo.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X