Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beat: A lackluster/young German side could only stutter to a 0-0 with Sweden tonight, costing me over €2k in an accumulator

Brag: still made a little over €500 thanks to Norway & the USA

Variance: Originally had Russia rather than Germany in the bet (Russia 0 Belgium 2)
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Yeah I'm sure I've heard a radio ad, telling people you can access aertel via the internet. Part of me is hoping I just imagined it
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Ronaldo not too happy with Nani there!

In fairness it would have been a class goal.

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

Portugal beat Spain 4-0!
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

http://yfrog.com/7exmjz

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Hope you didn't catch me taking a short cut along the tracks
              Looked like you were taking a quick break on the other side of the road, high 5 thou for using the tracks.
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Remember this thing that used to be on the C4 teletext?

Does anyone remember Digitiser on C4 teletext? It was a computer game review section which was very anarchic and had some genuinely brilliant comedy.

The Man Diary anyone? eg:

Mr T's tips, usually having something to do with staying away from his bins?

Last edited by hotspur; 17-11-10, 23:40.

Comment

LOL
                  vincent browne

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

That was some finish and would have been a fantastic goal.

I can't blame him for being annoyed, he knew it was pretty special!

Comment

If Messi did what Ronaldo did you'd have half the forum in here verbally masturbating over him.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

so anyway, to conclude the GF tale,

I was caught bang to rights a few years back with some, ahem, pics of the ex, some might remember the tale from old bbv. All water under the bridge, but obv a bit of a trust issue lingering, but improving all the time.
                        We had it out on phone this evening. I didnt back down from my "I've done nothing wrong" line, despite repeat pressure. I then subtly raised the "you had a good look through my PMs and didnt find anything bad" argument. TBF, she countered that she clicked in to PMs thinking she was own account, saw a PM from the girl, and then panicked a bit, and thats when she went looking for more, found one more and that was it. All PMs were innocent, so I argued that I understood why she got a fright, but if she steps back and takes a breath, she can see that I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, as all my PMs are innocent. I told her I wasnt pushing the point about her looking through the PMs because a)I understand that she got a fright, and b)Previous errors by me had lead to this trust problem.
                        Anyway, she got a bit upset then, and conceded that she had just gotten a fright, and I said she had nothing to worry about and I wasnt up to anything wrong, and we said move on.

+EV result I think, didnt apologise or back down, and gained a bit of benefit of doubt from it all.
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                          If Messi did what Ronaldo did you'd have half the forum in here verbally masturbating over him.
                          Messi wouldn't throw a tantrum. He would understand Nani is slow and get on with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                            so anyway, to conclude the GF tale,

I was caught bang to rights a few years back with some, ahem, pics of the ex, some might remember the tale from old bbv. All water under the bridge, but obv a bit of a trust issue lingering, but improving all the time.
                            We had it out on phone this evening. I didnt back down from my "I've done nothing wrong" line, despite repeat pressure. I then subtly raised the "you had a good look through my PMs and didnt find anything bad" argument. TBF, she countered that she clicked in to PMs thinking she was own account, saw a PM from the girl, and then panicked a bit, and thats when she went looking for more, found one more and that was it. All PMs were innocent, so I argued that I understood why she got a fright, but if she steps back and takes a breath, she can see that I've done nothing wrong and I have nothing to hide, as all my PMs are innocent. I told her I wasnt pushing the point about her looking through the PMs because a)I understand that she got a fright, and b)Previous errors by me had lead to this trust problem.
                            Anyway, she got a bit upset then, and conceded that she had just gotten a fright, and I said she had nothing to worry about and I wasnt up to anything wrong, and we said move on.

+EV result I think, didnt apologise or back down, and gained a bit of benefit of doubt from it all.
                            That's a lot of text without a pic of the friend.

Btw Jet Li's Fearless has just started on TG4, cracking film altogether imo.

Comment

If you'd been caught before, you can't blame her in fairness Zuroph, you failed to mention that very relevant point previously!

Glad to hear it's all good now .

Comment

Baggs Gonna Baggs

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                  Messi wouldn't throw a tantrum. He would understand Nani is slow and get on with the game.
                                  THIS

Ronaldo plays for Ronaldo, Messi plays for the team.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                    If you'd been caught before, you can't blame her in fairness Zuroph, you failed to mention that very relevant point previously!

Glad to hear it's all good now .
                                    bollox to that
                                    he should be allowed to cheat with who ever he wants.
                                    she should count herself lucky that you have shown great leniency here and taken her back

all imo of course

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Nani learning from the best, and in an ode to The Situation tried to pull a robbery on Ronaldo. Pretty hilariously stupid, one of the most braindead things I've seen a player do but fair play to him.

Given Messi scored an absolute cracker in injury time to beat Brazil today and it didn't warrant a mention on here I doubt that's true.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LwVqFdkDGM[/ame]

AR-GEN-TINA
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Irrelevant slightly. Ronaldo is just as talented as Messi and is having a better season yet poeple refuse to give him the credit he deserves because he's petulent. Plus Messi can be a little cunt sometimes too on the pitch but people will overlook it because he plays for Barca. yada yada yada.

Sort of like Lampard and people choosing Gerrard over him. Baseless.

Also, you're preaching to teh choir re Nani being slow/dumb/a tard etc.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

lol@Ronaldo having a better season than Messi
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Messi >>>>Rpnaldo imo

but maradona >>>>>>>>>Messi

I've still never seen anything like Maradona,

also give me Gerrard over Lamps all day every day.

watched the apprentice just there, the bags twit is slightly autistic without any noticable
                                            compensatory talent. I'd love to see him play poker with the poker brat.
                                            Last edited by Solskjaer; 18-11-10, 00:15.

Comment

Irrelevant slightly. Ronaldo is just as talented as Messi and is having a better season yet poeple refuse to give him the credit he deserves because he's petulent. Plus Messi can be a little cunt sometimes too on the pitch but people will overlook it because he plays for Barca. yada yada yada.

Sort of like Lampard and people choosing Gerrard over him. Baseless.

Also, you're preaching to teh choir re Nani being slow/dumb/a tard etc.
                                              I hate Barca with a passion, but Messi > Ronaldo in every way imo. He is ridic good and a classy person. Legend in the making.

No doubting Ronaldos talent, Messi is just that bit better.

Comment

Lads, give me a proper 'Irish joke' quick that may amuse our finnish poker forum counterparts.

I'll explain after.

Edit: your time to shine Willie!

Comment

Lads, give me a proper 'Irish joke' quick that may amuse our finnish poker forum counterparts.

I'll explain after.

Cowen

Comment

Messi might be a classier guy on the pitch, Ronaldo might be dislikeable, but I would say they are both about equal in terms of talent, and are both a good bit better than any other players in the world.
                                                    Lampard >>> Gerrard too btw

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                      Messi >>>>Rpnaldo imo

but maradona >>>>>>>>>Messi

I've still never seen anything like Maradona,

also give me Gerrard over Lamps all day every day.

watched the apprentice just there, the bags twit is slightly autistic without any noticable
                                                      compensatory talent. I'd love to see him play poker with the poker brat.

did you never see Bestie.........

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        Yeah I bought it awhile back, awesome little piece of kit. Like you I wasnt too sure on what version to go for 32/64 I just went with the 32 probably never fill it so dont see the point in the other.

As for it itself, it runs smoother with a better processor built in and now has a camera and the quality of the screen for reading/watching stuff is juts brilliant.

If you can defo pick one up.
                                                        Only seen this now Danny.
                                                        Yeah, you've convinced me, i miss my old one and i've no need for the 64 I think.
                                                        It's going to be a balls rebuilding all the one off random songs i picked up from the itunes of others over the years

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        I really enjoyed it
                                                        based on an the stanford prison experiment

edit: that being said, I had just finished reading up on the actual experiment
                                                        Interesting, similar to one i seen were regular people continued to apply increasing voltages to what they believed was a subject in another room, even past a point were death was likely, as long as a person in authority (a white coat) told them to.

Comment

I'll explain after.

An Kerry boy and his father were visiting a Dublin shopping mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again.
                                                          The boy asked his father, "What is this, Father?" The father [never having seen an elevator] responded "Son, I have never seen anything like this in my life, I don't know what it is."
                                                          While the boy and his father were watching wide-eyed, an old lady in a wheel chair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the lady rolled between them into a small room.
                                                          The walls closed and the boy and his father watched small circles of lights with numbers above the walls light up. They continued to watch the circles light up in the reverse direction.
                                                          The walls opened up again and a beautiful 24-year-old woman stepped out. The father said to his son, "Go get your mother."

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                            did you never see Bestie.........

wee bit before my time. Still from what I've read/seen, it's still Maradona.

Danny

tell them the best poker player in the world is a Paddy.

SPOILER
                                                            (antonious) well its poker related

Comment

I have ran AK into AA 11 times today.

BLEUGHEUGHUEGH

5k hands was a bad idea
                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 18-11-10, 00:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                wee bit before my time. Still from what I've read/seen, it's still Maradona.

probably right but only, imo, because Best gave up too early & did not get the chance to play with a decent team on an international stage

Comment

Thanks Dave.
                                                                  Willie, I was counting on your Finnish connections to bear some fruit with my newly found Finnish pokerplayer friends, Dave pummelled you to be fair. For shame.

I'm only looking for updates for the EMOP in Malta, Nicnic and Derek Murray are playing today and every search engine brought me to this Finnish poker forum.

I am now a member.

It could turn out to be fun.

If they facilitate my requests I can set up some cross border forum/live updates relations, we'll see how they treat me first though!
                                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 18-11-10, 01:04.

Comment

Zidane is the greatest player ever people just don't realise it because he didn't do the flash shit when there was no need to.

Comment

Chopper is just starting on CBS Action.

Comment

Thanks Dave.
                                                                        Willie, I was counting on your Finnish connections to bear some fruit with my newly found Finnish pokerplayer friends, Dave pummelled you to be fair. For shame.

I'm only looking for updates for the EMOP in Malta, Nicnic and Derek Murray are playing today and every search engine brought me to this Finnish poker forum.

I am now a member.

lol good luck telling that one to the Finns, ya need ot keep it simple with those lads.

tell a joke your 10 year old would laugh at.

Comment

Thanks Dave.

I am now a member.

If they facilitate my requests I can set up some cross border forum/live updates relations, we'll see how they treat me first though!
                                                                          link?

Comment

link?
                                                                            If they ignore my requests i'll link away, otherwise no chance,you scamp.

Seems to be a quiet forum, but they have a good few lads playing the EMOP, surprising place to find updates, and they are pretty slow at that.
                                                                            Pretty much restricted to their lads but i'm trying to change that!
                                                                            Last edited by dannydiamond; 18-11-10, 01:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                              Zidane is the greatest player ever people just don't realise it because he didn't do the flash shit when there was no need to.
                                                                              Insanely controversial statement time, and I expect alot of hate for this...

But Zidane was quite over-rated. He had immense skills, immense, and on the big stage he was as good as anyone. But he wasn't bothered playing in the smaller games, he was woefully inconsistent and was also very very dirty and prone to the occasional red card when the chips were down.

His record in big games speaks for itself, but his league winning record (3 in his career in a test of consistency rather than ability to handle the big games) equally speaks for itself. An incredible player don't get me wrong, but his inconsistency and his failure to motivate himself for small games keeps him out of the contenders for greatest ever imo. Most people who watched him week in week out seem to share this opinion also, I can only speak for his time in Spain but it was certainly the case there.

Again, he was an incredible player, just not a contender for greatest of all time. Not quite.

Comment

link?
                                                                                FYI.

Pillu.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Herself gave me these from email, but meh I rest my case. lol Finnish Humour

the lactose intolerant one is crazily accurate though.

You Know You've Been In Finland Too Long, When...

You meticulously manage your plastic bag collection.

You don't think twice about putting wet dishes in the cupboard to dry.

Silence is fun.

Your coffee consumption exceeds 8 cups a day.

You pass a grocery store and think: "Wow, it's open!"

Your native language has seriously deteriorated. Now you "eat medicine", "open the television", and "close the lights off".

You associate pea soup with Thursday.

Your notion of street life is reduced to hanging out in front of the railway station on Friday nights.

After a presentation, you finally stop asking "Are there any questions?"

Hugging is reserved for sexual foreplay.

You no longer look at a track suit as casual wear, but consider it acceptable for formal occasions. Neither do you see a problem wearing white socks with loafers.

You accept alcohol as food.

You no longer eat mashed potatoes - you eat smashed potatoes.

You understand why the Finnish language has no future tense.

You know that "one" beer means "let's get pissed."

When a stranger smiles at you, you assume he is drunk, insane, or American.

You've become lactose intolerant.

You know how to prepare herring 105 different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    I have ran AK into AA 11 times today.

BLEUGHEUGHUEGH

5k hands was a bad idea
                                                                                    what site and sn???

don't let that get you down get back out there the cards are bound to swing your way

Comment

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000014132773

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                        what site and sn???

don't let that get you down get back out there the cards are bound to swing your way
                                                                                        Its bed time unfortunately.

Got some Discrete Time finance and Stochastic Applications in Finance to get through tomorrow!

Comment

Cheers Tony, have that but i'm on a mission now

Comment

That's it, compose yourself...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha57dDltx_4&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

If they ignore my requests i'll link away, otherwise no chance,you scamp.

Seems to be a quiet forum, but they have a good few lads playing the EMOP, surprising place to find updates, and they are pretty slow at that.
                                                                                              Pretty much restricted to their lads but i'm trying to change that!
                                                                                              I, eh, want to bring them WW.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                Insanely controversial statement time, and I expect alot of hate for this...

But Zidane was quite over-rated. He had immense skills, immense, and on the big stage he was as good as anyone. But he wasn't bothered playing in the smaller games, he was woefully inconsistent and was also very very dirty and prone to the occasional red card when the chips were down.

His record in big games speaks for itself, but his league winning record (3 in his career in a test of consistency rather than ability to handle the big games) equally speaks for itself. An incredible player don't get me wrong, but his inconsistency and his failure to motivate himself for small games keeps him out of the contenders for greatest ever imo. Most people who watched him week in week out seem to share this opinion also, I can only speak for his time in Spain but it was certainly the case there.

Again, he was an incredible player, just not a contender for greatest of all time. Not quite.
                                                                                                This.

How you describe his time in Spain is the same as his time in Italy, He went missing in small games in Italy alot.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  thats fantastic, so many bits of brilliance! sure, the woeful shot, but also the lolbad dive by the keeper after he misses the flick, takes him a second to contemplate going down.
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I, eh, want to bring them WW.
                                                                                                    There hasn't been an update in the thread for about an hour.

If I get shunned, i'll be happy to let you loose on them

Comment

Zidane (like Keane) was pure money time when it mattered most. The biggest games against the toughest players was when he played his best stuff.

Messi at the world cup...

I know who gives a team a better chance of winning the big trophies.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                        Zidane (like Keane) was pure money time when it mattered most. The biggest games against the toughest players was when he played his best stuff.

I think Messi has achieved a lot more at this stage of his careeer than Zidane had, so a little unfair i think
                                                                                                        ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Also, Nani!! Funny stuff. I'd say the majority of players in UCFL 3A are sharper on a football field.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I agree.

Scoff at will lads, but Gerrard while not in the same league is of the same mould.

The match up between Gerrard and Lampard only has one outcome for me. Stevie G is a match winner pure and simple.

CHD.....

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                                                                              I think Messi has achieved a lot more at this stage of his careeer than Zidane had, so a little unfair i think
                                                                                                              What he has achieved to date is what he has achieved to date. As such, ranking Zidane below him in a "GOAT" discussion is, um - pretty flawed. But whatever.

Comment

Comment

International football is terrible compared to European football.

CL >>>> WC

Messi performs in the CL and La Liga week in week out.

Bringing up his performances in a team he plays in only maybe 10 times a year and changes around a decent bit in those 10 games doesn't count for much. South American qualifying and the World Cup are not great standards. CL and La Liga are top class and he delivers.

Comment

Are you suggesting Zidane didn't completely skull fuck the CL?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3m623uGCow[/ame]

MONEY

This conversation is too stupid!

Comment

I agree.

Scoff at will lads, but Gerrard while not in the same league is of the same mould.

The match up between Gerrard and Lampard only has one outcome for me. Stevie G is a match winner pure and simple.

CHD.....
                                                                                                                      Lampard assists more. Scores more. Puts in better performances more often than Gerrard does. He is class defensively and world class going forward.

Gerrard can get you those match winners against good European sides and decent EPL sides.

Lampard will contribute massively to his team consistently winning games against all types of opposition. Get 15+ assists and 20 goals a year too.

Lampard is the better player and it will be recognised when they are both retired imo.

Comment

Yeah let's just play for 3 hours and then ship 40BB when it's folded to you in the SB. Cnut

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 200/400 Blinds (10 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP1 (t4785)
                                                                                                                        MP2 (t5837.50)
                                                                                                                        MP3 (t4200)
                                                                                                                        CO (t18397.50)
                                                                                                                        Button (t5505)
                                                                                                                        SB (t15772.50)
                                                                                                                        Hero (BB) (t16285)
                                                                                                                        UTG (t15602.50)
                                                                                                                        UTG+1 (t7477.50)
                                                                                                                        UTG+2 (t4040)

Hero's M: 27.14

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K
                                                                                                                        8 folds, SB bets t15522.50, Hero calls t15322.50

Flop: (t31445) 3, 10, 4 (2 players)

Turn: (t31445) A (2 players)

River: (t31445) J (2 players)

Total pot: t31445

Results:
                                                                                                                        SB had A, Q (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                                        Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                                                                                                        Outcome: SB won t31945

Comment

Lampard assists more. Scores more. Puts in better performances more often than Gerrard does. He is class defensively and world class going forward.

Gerrard can get you those match winners against good European sides and decent EPL sides.

Lampard will contribute massively to his team consistently winning games against all types of opposition. Get 15+ assists and 20 goals a year too.

Lampard is the better player and it will be recognised when they are both retired imo.

Don't get me wrong, Lampard is a fantastic footballer but I think Gerrard has always been worth more to Liverpool on the pitch than Lampard has to Chelsea, if you know what I mean.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 18-11-10, 02:15.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X