Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
      Mr. Baggs doing Mr. Baggs
      Freak

Comment

great goal from Norway

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
          International friendlies don't float my boat and as most of you were prob watching the footie, just a tip for a show to look out for.

I just watched a fantastic documentary on BBC2 called ' Swarm: Natures incredible invasions', I thought it was excellent and is part of a series apparently.

While i'm writing my bimonthly semi-useful post, here's a great site for kids that my 8 year old and his mates are after getting into.

There's a message posting facility to other members included so I keep a close eye, but it's all been good so far. He's made a couple of online friends in England which he thinks it's dead cool.

The Moshimonsters are a kind of pokemon collection.

http://www.moshimonsters.com/
          Was it not RTE 2?

Caught the end of it myself looked interesting, kinda found it weird he covered himself in 100000 bees in the middle of like a shopping mall and then walks inside a shop still covered in bees, seemed a bit dangerous to me
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Actually pissing myself laughing at this!

Local News from Dublin with Independent.ie. Get local Sport, Entertainment, Business & Lifestyle news for Dublin City, North and South Dublin.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Was it not RTE 2?

Caught the end of it myself looked interesting, kinda found it weird he covered himself in 100000 bees in the middle of like a shopping mall and then walks inside a shop still covered in bees, seemed a bit dangerous to me
              Might have been on RTE2 aswell but I def watched it on BBC2.

I thought the same with the bees,the guy inside the door moved pretty sharpish. I'm still fkin itching after watching it.

Did you catch the bit just before the bee bloke, about the jumping silver carp?
              That was quality.
              Last edited by dannydiamond; 17-11-10, 21:41.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Might have been on RTE2 aswell but I def watched it on BBC2.

I thought the same with the bees,the guy inside the door moved pretty sharpish. I'm still fkin itching after watching it.

Did you catch the bit just before the bee bloke, about the jumping silver carp?
                That was quality.
                Definitely RTE 2 just checked aertel there, nah was flicking through the stations and spotted some of it.

Comment

hmm didnt get to watch the film, had lap top hooked up to tv grand picture , had the audio yokes in , but no sound, so whats up help please, only have one of those x mini speakers which r great but way too low for the sitting room with 2 people watching.

also what would i have to buy to hook up laptop for surround sound without spending too much!
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

(inset)dannydiamond watching wildlife programmes.

Comment

Get in Baggs, Paloma to go I hope. If Liz goes i'm not watchin anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                        Get in Baggs, Paloma to go I hope. If Liz goes i'm not watchin anymore
                        Paloma???

Sandeesh gone imo

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                          (inset)dannydiamond watching wildlife programmes.
                          More like this:

Comment

Baggs is awesome tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              Paloma???

Sandeesh gone imo
                              Lol, i'm a racist obviously. Sandeesh

Comment

Sandeesh's eyes are too big

Comment

Overall she deserved to go but not on this weeks task, she was on a strong team and i don't think it mattered who she brought back
                                  ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    Sandeesh's eyes are too big
                                    Have to say she grew on me over the weeks

1 Laura
                                    2 Liz
                                    3 Sandeesh
                                    4 Joe
                                    5 Stella

Stella ftw, anyone want a last longest? 50 squid max
                                    ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Fcuk you Wednesday you got the better of me today but i'll be back next week, so long as Thursday doesn't kill me!

would have been cheaper for me to stay in bed today, put petrol into the diseal jeep, had to get a boy come sort it out, 230euro if anyone is wondering how much that would cost, plus the 40 euro of petrol i had to throw out, was just thinking how baller i was forget pouring out a little crystal for your fallin homies, i was big pimpin and wasting petrol cause i am a fool
                                      Last edited by pgodkin; 17-11-10, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                        I remember with horror when I heard Will Smith was doing a remake of Old Boy.... thank fook that never happened
                                        This cannot be allowed to happen.
                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                          Fcuk you Wednesday you got the better of me today but i'll be back next week, so long as Thursday doesn't kill me!

would have been cheaper for me to stay in bed today, put petrol into the diseal jeep, had to get a boy come sort it out, 230euro if anyone is wondering how much that would cost, plus the 40 euro of petrol i had to through out, was just thinking how baller i was forget pouring out a little crystal for your fallin homies, i was big pimpin and wasting petrol cause i am a fool
                                          Is the head gasket ok?

Comment

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Why in the name of jeebus did Trap call up Coleman, tell the media he was going to play, and then leave him sitting on the bench in a monsoon for the duration of a nothing friendly?

I think trap is an excellent manager, but he seems determined to pick a fight with the few talented young players (mccarthy, coleman) that we have.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                Is the head gasket ok?
                                                yeah never turned on the car just pushed it to a car park space, so no damage, also dont know if your being serious or being funny cause u dont know anything about cars i would like to think you are concerned as its 10 past 10 at night and i am still in work after clocking on a 5.30am this morning and really i could do with a web cuddle!

ty

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  Is the head gasket ok?
                                                  wake up, its clearly code for a dogging session gone wrong

Comment

would have been cheaper for me to stay in bed today, put petrol into the diseal jeep
                                                    I alway thought you were a bloke?

* Karma will put diesel into my petrol car for that

Comment

Definitely RTE 2 just checked aertel there, nah was flicking through the stations and spotted some of it.
                                                      Wow amazed that aertel's still alive, Ceefax and the likes too?

Comment

yeah never turned on the car just pushed it to a car park space, so no damage, also dont know if your being serious or being funny cause u dont know anything about cars i would like to think you are concerned as its 10 past 10 at night and i am still in work after clocking on a 5.30am this morning and really i could do with a web cuddle!

ty
                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Not unless you put in in with a funnel danny, diesal pump wont fit into a petrol hole, it would wreck the engine.

A bit of petrol in a diesal otoh, not too bad as long as you dont fill it up and drive away.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

lol.... here's a funny story though about today, went down to meet the guy to sort out the jeep and when im there the guy in the shop tells me that some lady has just done the same thing with her 2010 golf, they had given her your mans number and when he quoted 230euro she said fcuk that there's a guy here that will do it for 50bucks he says fine, comes down sorts my car out and when he's half way through my car we hear some given out your one's going mad cause the two chancers in the van have fcuked her injecters and when they tried to start the car, she has to come over to your man to ask him to sort it out he says no, but i'll empty the tank for 230euro's as those other boys have been at the engine so she'll have to take it to a dealer.... they told me i was mad when i said i had a lad coming down to do it for 230 euro, but they have ended up costing themselves a couple of grand on the insurance and voided the brand new car's warnety on the engine!

Comment

Yeah I'm sure I've heard a radio ad, telling people you can access aertel via the internet. Part of me is hoping I just imagined it
                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                thank you i'm loling right now

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                  Not unless you put in in with a funnel danny, diesal pump wont fit into a petrol hole, it would wreck the engine.

A bit of petrol in a diesal otoh, not too bad as long as you dont fill it up and drive away.
                                                                  yeah if you put like a gallon of petrol in the like a big diseal tank, you should fill it up to the top with diseal and it will be grand acutally a small amount of petrol is good for a diseal engine cleans it out in parts, although i put like 40 euro worht and had no option but to drain the bastarding thing!

Comment

aertel is very much alive and thriving. Im an avid browser of aertel online. AIL club game scores etc that you cant get anywhere else as quick, the site news and sports scores are kept very much up to date.

Comment

aertel is very much alive and thriving. Im an avid browser of aertel online. AIL club game scores etc that you cant get anywhere else as quick, the site news and sports scores are kept very much up to date.
                                                                      You should offer to do their adverts, the one I vaguely remember was suggesting you use it to find flight times( I could be incorrect in this). And it just seemed to me, that if you have internet access there has to be a better way.

Comment

Hero.

We need to get him the IPB pics to add to his new 'Irish Open' album on Facebook

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Anyone know what Giles was just talking about "I've never heard of it before", something about Messi and it sounded like Solsjkaer (may not have been actually mentioned)?

Comment

That's great, I didn't realise it was still running, let alone online.

Aertel was a great service,and as you say was brilliant for local club game results and the like.

New bookmark for me.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              Anyone know what Giles was just talking about "I've never heard of it before", something about Messi and it sounded like Solsjkaer (may not have been actually mentioned)?

If a defender was closing down Solsjkaer when he was about to shoot, he would aim at their feet as they would invariably move them and it was then a lot harder for the keeper

He was saying he had never heard of players doing it until combover Cunningham told him about it a few years ago

aertel

Comment

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                  You should offer to do their adverts, the one I vaguely remember was suggesting you use it to find flight times( I could be incorrect in this). And it just seemed to me, that if you have internet access there has to be a better way.
                                                                                  Yeah its actually the best for flight arrivals/departures imo. Again it couldnt be more up to date for this. Id love to see how the site works.

ceefax i dont use anymore but its been winding down a good deal in recent years.

Comment

That aertel link is great, I was really hoping it would still have the old school blocky graphics, and I wasn't disappointed.

Finally a way to justify the TV licence, I'm off to get my 44 cents worth for the day.

Comment

The GAA scores can be shockingly bad at times though.

Comment

Anyone get the new Football Manager yet? I'm afraid to get it as it will ruin my online grind every evening.
                                                                                        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                          The endless lament of a Waterford fan.

Comment

I've always been a big fan of teletext, it was the Interweb before there was an Interweb. I still use it for news and sport. Unfortunately Ceefax is now gone for me due to something to do with UPC showing it from a satellite feed. Teletext is an analogue thing and won't exist when it's all digital as far as I know.

Teletext was great.

Comment

Yeah. With GAA i notice they often update scores in 15 minute blocks which is good when you have a bet thats losing because a lot can happen in 15 minutes until the next time it refreshes. It just gives you a lot more hope(false hope) that way.

Comment

Yeah. With GAA i notice they often update scores in 15 minute blocks which is good when you have a bet thats losing because a lot can happen in 15 minutes until the next time it refreshes. It just gives you a lot more hope(false hope) that way.
                                                                                                Or if a midweek u-21 game might not get updated until the weekend, or the 'latest' score from the crucial Waterford v Leitrim division 4 football game remains at 0-2 to 0-1 until well into Sunday evening

Comment

International friendlies, pfft.

You'd like the moshimonsters site CHD.
                                                                                                  Don't tempt the man Danny, I can see kids getting up early to talk to their friends and CHD on a mad drunken rampage challenging them HU4Rolls

Comment

Or if a midweek u-21 game might not get updated until the weekend, or the 'latest' score from the crucial Waterford v Leitrim division 4 football game remains at 0-2 to 0-1 until well into Sunday evening
                                                                                                    Probably the final score tbf..
                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                      Probably the final score tbf..
                                                                                                      We're out of that hell hole now. Div 3 football all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        Teletext is an analogue thing and won't exist when it's all digital as far as I know.
                                                                                                        Not sure about that. Just retuned my bedroom TV ( never bothered to extend the cable upstairs) using the newish free to air digital service http://www.saorview.ie/ Aertel working normally so far.

Comment

I used to use it when I was younger playin football.

A couple of hours after getting home from a match you could get all the Cork AUL footie scores, which would be near impossible to get elsewhere even now i'd imagine.

As Hotspur said, it was the internet before we had the internet.

Comment

When things get really desperate on aertel lets say you do a rugby bet and are down by 7 points.

Young Munster 17 - 10 Landsdowne

Next time you refresh hold the remote control covering the young munster score so after refreshing Landsdowne are now 21 pts that means you can work out how good or bad a shape your likely to be in before you move the remote aside.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Yeah I'm sure I've heard a radio ad, telling people you can access aertel via the internet. Part of me is hoping I just imagined it
                                                                                                              Forgot to say it yesterday, I spotted you near Starbucks over at the Luas Green Line yesterday, on the aul public transport so couldn't say hello.

Comment

Remember this thing that used to be on the C4 teletext?

Comment

Forgot to say it yesterday, I spotted you near Starbucks over at the Luas Green Line yesterday, on the aul public transport so couldn't say hello.
                                                                                                                  Hope you didn't catch me taking a short cut along the tracks

Comment

As Hotspur said, it was the internet before we had the internet.
                                                                                                                    There was a lot of talk when the internet started getting big that it could/should have been the internet, as they were already in every home but never worked on improving their product

Ceefax/Teletext have missed out on millions of bucks as a provider of services over the years

Long term it might not have worked out with the way the internet has gone but???

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                      There was a lot of talk when the internet started getting big that it could/should have been the internet, as they were already in every home but never worked on improving their product

Ceefax/Teletext have missed out on millions of bucks as a provider of services over the years

Long term it might not have worked out with the way the internet has gone but???
                                                                                                                      They missed on the USP of the net though - free porn.

Comment

of course there is a .75% chance of me loosing here

i guess this is how i run

Full Tilt, $69 + $6 NL Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds, 8 Players
                                                                                                                        LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: 4,934
                                                                                                                        SB: 1,180
                                                                                                                        Hero (BB): 3,090
                                                                                                                        UTG: 3,210
                                                                                                                        UTG+1: 2,694
                                                                                                                        MP1: 1,800
                                                                                                                        MP2: 1,685
                                                                                                                        CO: 765

Pre-Flop: (300) A K dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                                                                                        5 folds, BTN raises to 500, SB folds, Hero raises to 3,090 and is All-In, BTN calls 2,590

Flop: (6,280) 6 5 7 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (6,280) 5 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (6,280) 3 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 6,280 Pot
                                                                                                                        BTN showed A K and WON 6,280 (+3,190 NET)
                                                                                                                        Hero showed A K and LOST (-2,890 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

They missed on the USP of the net though - free porn.
                                                                                                                          ya, back in the day Mary Whitehouse might have had a problem with the Beeb funding "Last of the summer wine" with free films of Jenna Jameson getting more than her RDA of zinc
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 17-11-10, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X