• Show
Clear All

Did I just miss a winning tip? Fml

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Did I just miss a winning tip? Fml
      Not one to brag but.....

3.55 ~Newcastle Thurnham.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        I think I'll make a complaint to advertising standards.
        I recommend doing this just to witness the quality of stationary the advertising standards authority use. I made a complaint against an online site some moron had advertising 2 session hypnotherapy "cures" for alcoholism a few months ago.

They send a confirmation on very high quality paper in a beautiful envelope made out of velvet and bunny rabbit ears. I then got another one from them saying they had made a recommendation of x,y,z. Then another one saying the decision had been made. Real waste of money from them, especially since the very first thing they did was autoconfirm my complaint via email. But admirably high quality stationary.

Guy's site disappeared too

edit: mentally change all spelling of stationary to stationery please.

Comment

cheers Zod!!!! that's tomorrow's entry fee and beers sorted!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            Not one to brag but.....

Hmmm,Lump the winnings on or be sensible?!?!?!

Comment

Fair play Zod, if you're there tomorrow there's definitely a few pints in it for you
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Note to self: put zod on my name badge tomorrow...
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Not one to brag but.....

N1 Zod,had him @ 7/1, will play the rush with you!

Def a couple of pints for you tomorrow, you won't have to buy a drink all day by the looks of it.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

In case anyones interested I'm actually Zod, if you don'tr believe me, Steo or Lafotezza can check my IIP address, beers this way please.

It had to come out eventually.

Comment

be sensible about it.

Comment

Ship Ship.

Fair play Zod

Comment

be sensible about it.
                          I have been. Just the house this time around

Comment

I would have to go on my lunch ffs.
                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

ok HELP!!!!

so I'm cleaning up my dads laptop trying to sort it out from running slow. find a few bits of malware etc and remove them. I also killed a load of startup and autoruns using autoruns from sysinternals. I asked it to hide any windows and microsoft stuff and killed a lot of the third party stuff.

now, when the laptop starts, the mouse is working, however as soon as you go to type, the keyboard doesnt work and the mouse is now frozen too. HELP!?
                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                I have been. Just the house this time around
                                So on the bad side I've no house, but on the plus side I do have enough for tomorrow

Comment

welp.

No idea what happened there. Thurnham was the favourite between the two tips, ah well, glad a few were on the first one.

And unfortunately, I won't be at the game tomorrow, anyone who says they are me is a charlatan and a liar.

Comment

ship. good to see dcu voted against rejoining with usi.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijd87x4v87g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                        ok HELP!!!!

so I'm cleaning up my dads laptop trying to sort it out from running slow. find a few bits of malware etc and remove them. I also killed a load of startup and autoruns using autoruns from sysinternals. I asked it to hide any windows and microsoft stuff and killed a lot of the third party stuff.

now, when the laptop starts, the mouse is working, however as soon as you go to type, the keyboard doesnt work and the mouse is now frozen too. HELP!?
                                        you made a restore point obv?
                                        sysinternals shouldnt be used in that manner imo.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          you made a restore point obv?
                                          sysinternals shouldnt be used in that manner imo.
                                          I read the help file and followed it

I went back to a previous "good state" and its booted ok, but will it use that from now on, or is there something else I need to do?
                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                            I read the help file and followed it

I went back to a previous "good state" and its booted ok, but will it use that from now on, or is there something else I need to do?
                                            It's just that sysinternals packs allow zero error and are in essence modded command line scripts.
                                            More than likely you deleted a system specific autrun.
                                            Maybe even manufacturer specific.
                                            Use the pirisoft toolset/malwarebytes as it is more user friendly.
                                            HIjack this is also a great piece of software but again, you need to be careful.

If you booted to last known good config, you should be ok.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Steve Levine, producer of the Beach Boys and Culture Club among others, reveals the secrets behind the Motown sound

First 10 minutes of this are really cool imo, a producer/sound engineer picks apart how a few famous Motown tracks were recorded.

Comment

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - Ireland is in talks to receive emergency funding from the EU and it is likely the former "Celtic Tiger" will become the second euro zone country after Greece to require a rescue, sources said on Friday.

SPOILER

Irish borrowing costs have shot to record highs this week on concerns about the country's ability to get a deficit swollen by bank bailouts under control, as well as worries private bond holders could be forced to shoulder part of the costs of any bailout by taking "haircuts" on their holdings.

Government officials in Dublin have denied repeatedly in recent days that they plan to tap EU funds and a finance ministry spokesman said after the Reuters story was published that Ireland had made no application for aid.

Euro zone sources told Reuters that aid discussions were under way, however, with one official saying it was "very likely" Ireland would get financial assistance from the EU facility set up after Greece was forced to seek aid in May.

"Talks are ongoing and European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF) money will be used, there will be no haircuts or restructuring or anything of the kind," one euro zone source said. A second source confirmed the talks.

The spreads between Irish 10-year bond yields and German benchmarks have rocketed to highs of nearly 700 basis points over the past two weeks on fears of "haircuts" but they narrowed to around 580 basis points after the Reuters story.

The euro, which has also suffered from currency bloc jitters, came off its highs of the day to trade around $1.37.

Pressure on Irish and other peripheral euro zone debt had eased slightly earlier in the day after France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Britain issued a statement at a Group of 20 summit in Seoul that confirmed holders of existing euro debt would not take a hit.

But borrowing costs remain sky high and the pressure on Ireland's fragile banks may have forced the government to enter aid talks even though it is fully funded until mid-2011 and does not face the same liquidity crisis that confronted Greece earlier in the year.
                                                You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                  http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...-special-sound

First 10 minutes of this are really cool imo, a producer/sound engineer picks apart how a few famous Motown tracks were recorded.
                                                  All done with the same band with more number 1's then The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, and The Beach Boys combined

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Good man Zod, I got on him too! I'll buy you a few pints if I meet you.

Its been a great day, did a good interview and got a call back within an hour to schedule a psychometric test and medical for next week.
                                                    Then I get home and stumble across Zod's tip when I'm looking for advice on a change of car.

Just finished a Mexican burritto and a celebratory pint in the local, cheers Zod

Comment

blogs.amctv.com/mad-men/2010/11/roger-sterling-sterlings-gold.php

bit weird imo

Comment

the one day I actually get some work done and don't loiter on the net, i miss the good tip. FML.

Laptop is working again though at least, phew! TY deadparrot
                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Wanna know what actually makes you happiest as you navigate your days? You can use this Iphone app:

The data collected so far from 5000 people from around the world reveals -

Our analyses revealed three facts.

First, people's minds wandered frequently, regardless of what they were
                                                          doing.

Mind wandering occurred in 46.9% of the samples and in at least 30% of the
                                                          samples taken during every activity except making love.

The frequency of mind wandering in our real-world sample was considerably
                                                          higher than is typically seen in laboratory experiments.

<snip>

Second, multilevel regression revealed that people were less happy when
                                                          their minds were wandering than when they were not [slope (b) = -8.79, P <
                                                          0.001], and this was true during all activities, including the least
                                                          enjoyable.

Although people's minds were more likely to wander to pleasant topics (42.5%
                                                          of samples) than to unpleasant topics (26.5% of samples) or neutral topics
                                                          (31% of samples), people were no happier when thinking about pleasant topics
                                                          than about their current activity (b = -0.52, not
                                                          significant) and were considerably unhappier when thinking about neutral
                                                          topics (b = -7.2, P < 0.001) or unpleasant topics (b = -23.9, P < 0.001)
                                                          than about their current activity (Fig. 1, bottom).

Although negative moods are known to cause mind wandering (13), time-lag
                                                          analyses strongly suggested that mind wandering in our sample was generally
                                                          the cause, and not merely the consequence, of unhappiness (12).

Third, what people were thinking was a better predictor of their happiness
                                                          than was what they were doing.

The nature of people's activities explained 4.6% of the within-person
                                                          variance in happiness and 3.2% of the between-person variance in happiness,
                                                          but mind wandering explained 10.8% of within-person variance in happiness
                                                          and 17.7% of between-person variance in happiness.

The variance explained by mind wandering was largely independent of the
                                                          variance explained by the nature of activities, suggesting that the two were
                                                          independent influences on happiness.

In conclusion, a human mind is a wandering mind, and a wandering mind is an
                                                          unhappy mind.

Comment

How does the app measure your level of happiness ?

Edit - actually for that matter how is it measuring anything like mind wandering ?

Opr

Comment

First bottle of beer (tyskie) opened. Cant wait for pints later. Gonna get hammmmmmmmered

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                Wanna know what actually makes you happiest as you navigate your days? You can use this Iphone app:

The data collected so far from 5000 people from around the world reveals -
                                                                'In conclusion, a human mind is a wandering mind, and a wandering mind is an
                                                                unhappy mind'.

Lol what are we supposed to conclude from the above?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  First bottle of beer (tyskie) opened. Cant wait for pints later. Gonna get hammmmmmmmered
                                                                  For a relatively cheap beer, tyskie is the business before heading out.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                    For a relatively cheap beer, tyskie is the business before heading out.
                                                                    For definite. Tasty stuff.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVnBU3tIci8[/ame]
                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                        For definite. Tasty stuff.
                                                                        It's as good in cans as in bottles too. Nice beer.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                          Eircom phonewatch's current marketing campaign is an absolute disgrace.

Imagine an old lady living alone listening to the radio and every ad break she hears this prick telling her that 'oh, did you know that 90% of house break-ins happen when the person is at home' or 'the majority of burglars break in your front door', 'burglaries are on the rise' etc...

These statements are most likely true, but the statistical likelyhood of any one house being targeted for a break in is so minimal that it should hardly be given a second thought.

These ads frighten the shite out of people, and for a product that imo is extremely bad value.

I paid €450 for a house alarm six years ago, an alarm that has never once gone off unexpectedly. I had an eircom rep trying to sell me phonewatch at the time.

If I had bought it, I would have spent €3900 by now.

Zero break-ins in six years is absolutely standard, so why is it legal for a company selling an extremely bad value product to scare the wits out of old and fragile people with vastly exaggerated claims?

It's akin to some chancer knocking on an elderly persons door telling them they need new gutters because 'Those one's could easily fall down missus'.

I think I'll make a complaint to advertising standards.
                                                                          Almost made a post yesterday about those ads.
                                                                          I was going to post how they are utter nonsense.

My family had Eircom phone watch many when I was a youth.
                                                                          The alarm went off plenty of times over the years, the guards never turned up.
                                                                          Often the person who answered the eirocm phone call didn't know the password, other times no one was at home - again, guards were not called.

Anyhow, the ad is retarded as burglars are not going to stick around long anyhow even if the police and all your neighbours are called.
                                                                          The only thing Eircom phone watch might achive is that you may know that your house was broken into sooner than if you did not have eircom phone watch via your neighbour. They're useless.

Ho hum.

Good luck with your complaint.

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                          If people are only adding me on facebook to look at pictures of my friends I'm not impressed
                                                                          It's possible to look at them before adding you as a friend, as I did.

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                          All done with the same band with more number 1's then The Beatles, Elvis Presley, The Rolling Stones, and The Beach Boys combined

?
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post

?

Comment

Almost made a post yesterday about those ads.
                                                                              I was going to post how they are utter nonsense.

My family had Eircom phone watch many when I was a youth.
                                                                              The alarm went off plenty of times over the years, the guards never turned up.
                                                                              Often the person who answered the eirocm phone call didn't know the password, other times no one was at home - again, guards were not called.

Anyhow, the ad is retarded as burglars are not going to stick around long anyhow even if the police and all your neighbours are called.
                                                                              The only thing Eircom phone watch might achive is that you may know that your house was broken into sooner than if you did not have eircom phone watch via your neighbour. They're useless.

?

Plus there are plenty of other alarm companies operating a monitoring service for cheaper than eircom charge. I had a phonewatch rep call one day and for the laugh let him in to see what he'd price me for (my dad owned an alarm company, I know my way around the things well). He tried to tell me that the system I had in was ok, but they'd need to "add to it" by installing a new "special sensor" on each window, and a new control panel. basically, they tried to suggest that they install an entirely new alarm on top of a perfectly working existing one. apparently my one "couldnt be monitored". con artists, just goes to show you the value of marketing that they're still in business.
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

It's possible to look at them before adding you as a friend, as I did.

?

yes but is it worth joining farcebook to see them girlies

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Ah an old favourite. Turn it up!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3EkFb0gz3w[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwurTl8Y4g[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGaUuoLErmk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D36Z25D4DgU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afvNtKANsoQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qa0GMXCQANw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYHCU_7IQWw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_pDL1OVsk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrGhN9h9rs8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujFHjlftJ_I[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9eNJkpStKA[/ame]

Comment

Good luck with your complaint.
                                                                                    Just got around to complaining now, here's the text..

I think it a disgrace that Eircom are using scare tactics to frighten old and vulnerable people into purchasing their product. They make the following claims, '90% of house break-ins happen when the occupant is at home', 'majority of burglars break in your front door' and 'burglaries are on the rise'. While these claims are most likely true, they are vastly exaggerated as the statistical likelyhood of any one house being targeted for a break in is so minimal so as not to be worried about. These ads are unnecessarily frightening the old and the fragile minded.
                                                                                    ?
                                                                                    He was referring to the fact that the same backing band, backing singers etc.. were used on many many different Motown classics.

Hence, they've far more number ones than all those greats combined.

Comment

Lads get the beer money on Fools Wildcat in 'the 9.00 @ dundalk

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                        Lads get the beer money on Fools Wildcat in 'the 9.00 @ dundalk
                                                                                        Only if Zod approves, not taking your word alone

Comment

LOL

The Managing Director of a mining company, which is being sued for defamation, has denied that a press release issued by the company defamed one of its directors.

Michael Carvill of Kenmare Resources told the High Court that the press release about the removal of Donal Kinsella as chairman of the audit committee was designed to reduce media queries.

He denied that the press release gave an impression of sexual impropriety on the part of Mr Kinsella.

67-year-old Mr Kinsella from Dunleer, Co Louth, has taken a defamation action against the company over the issuing of the press release.

It followed an incident in Mozambique during which he sleep walked naked into the room of a company secretary.

The statement said that his resignation was called for and he had to apologise to secretary Deirdre Corcoran after 'an incident' in Mozambique.

It also said she found it 'impossible' to work with him on the audit committee.

Mr Kinsella was cleared of any impropriety by an independent investigator.

He says the omission of this fact from the press release contributed to a false impression being given about him.

However, Kenmare bosses say Mr Kinsella put the information into the public domain himself by speaking to a journalist before the company was forced to issue 'a clarifying' press release.

PR executive Jim Milton of Murray Consultants said after a query from the Daily Mirror, he felt there was sufficient information already in possession of journalist John Kierans to run a story.

On his advice, the company issued a press release to the Mirror and to the business desks of three other newspapers.

The court was told that the Mirror did not run the story the next day but other newspapers did.

The case was adjourned to Tuesday after the jury was told that Mr Milton was feeling unwell and was unable to continue with his evidence today.
                                                                                          Made me think of this, nothing about sleepwalking though, but there is dancing cheek to cheek !!

cant find the original.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojnSQB4q7YA[/ame]
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                            How does the app measure your level of happiness ?

Edit - actually for that matter how is it measuring anything like mind wandering ?

Opr
                                                                                            You get sent a text which will ask you "What are you doing right now?" and you choose from 22 types of activities. You are also asked "How are you feeling right now?" on a scale of 0 (bad) to 100 (good). You are also asked "Are you thinking about something other than what you're currently doing?" which is with one of four options: no; yes,
                                                                                            something pleasant; yes, something neutral; or yes, something unpleasant.

edit: and then your information over time gets compiled to show which activities you actually feel most positively during. It is interesting to note that we can be as bad at predicting that as we are at predicting probability.

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                                            'In conclusion, a human mind is a wandering mind, and a wandering mind is an
                                                                                            unhappy mind'.

Lol what are we supposed to conclude from the above?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy...ributed_middle
                                                                                            What you are supposed to conclude is that besides the fact that as we know full well at this point the mind naturally wanders all the time it is also the case that when people's minds wander they experience less positive emotion when it does.

This is why mindfulness meditative practices have become almost ubiquitous within the mental health field over the past few years.

If anyone wishes to watch an excellent talk which touches importantly on the issue of mindfulness and the positive psychological effects it has from the growing field of interpersonal neurobiology here is a Google talk by Dan Siegel:
                                                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr4Od7kqDT8[/ame]
                                                                                            Last edited by hotspur; 12-11-10, 20:02.

Comment

jesus that sleepwalking incident must have been about four years ago.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              You get sent a text which will ask you "What are you doing right now?" and you choose from 22 types of activities. You are also asked "How are you feeling right now?" on a scale of 0 (bad) to 100 (good). You are also asked "Are you thinking about something other than what you're currently doing?" which is with one of four options: no; yes,
                                                                                              something pleasant; yes, something neutral; or yes, something unpleasant.

edit: and then your information over time gets compiled to show which activities you actually feel most positively during. It is interesting to note that we can be as bad at predicting that as we are at predicting probability.
                                                                                              is that really enough? would you not be a bit skeptical about how meaningful that is?

Comment

Lol there is a horse running in the 8-30 at Dundalk called.........

Denny Crane

May be a sign

Comment

Damn you people.

Denny Crane and foolswildcat backed.

Also a complete random bet on Little Bug in the 9:25.
                                                                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 12-11-10, 20:31.

Comment

So who's on Ian Holloway's side here regarding him fielding a weakened side v Villa?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      So who's on Ian Holloway's side here regarding him fielding a weakened side v Villa?
                                                                                                      I am, those players are part of his 25 man squad he can play who he likes. Also if that was a weakened side Villa should be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                        I am, those players are part of his 25 man squad he can play who he likes. Also if that was a weakened side Villa should be worried.
                                                                                                        Yeah i 100% agree. If he had a bottomless pit to choose from , you could maybe call it into question, but when you choose your 25 players, you should be able to play any one of them at any time and i think the FA will open up a new can of worms if they fine Blackpool

Comment

I'm pretty much always on Ian Holloway's side.

Comment

Yeah i 100% agree. If he had a bottomless pit to choose from , you could maybe call it into question, but when you choose your 25 players, you should be able to play any one of them at any time and i think the FA will open up a new can of worms if they fine Blackpool
                                                                                                            They fined Wolves last year but that was suspended. This year there is squad rules so they can't do a thing imo. Would be different if he played a rake of the kids outside of the 25 man but he didn't, he did nothing wrong and with them rested up the 3/1 on offer tomorrow for them to win in Upton Park is tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                              Lol there is a horse running in the 8-30 at Dundalk called.........

Denny Crane

May be a sign
                                                                                                              Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                              Damn you people.

Denny Crane and foolswildcat backed.

Also a complete random bet on Little Bug in the 9:25.
                                                                                                              Cheers Percy, get the fk in Denny Crane.

Comment

Get in there Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie
                                                                                                                  I have my doubts that their facts are correct....
                                                                                                                  .
                                                                                                                  Nice post dude. With regard to '90%' and 'majority' in my post, I was paraphrasing, the actual ad could've/probably says 85% and 'most common'.

That makes zero difference to the negative impact of the ad, and therefore my point.

Comment

Hmmm more alien movies im a sucker for this shit!

It stars Aaron Eckhart/Michael Pena/Bridget Moynahan but does have Michelle Rodriguez

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ9DfKbSBtA[/ame]
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Finkle for the Hat-trick!!!

Comment

seems the ol' degenerecy is running well here to night

of course i had no loots in my pp a/c and wasn't going to invest some on the strength of some unknown on here

might actually change my thinking (rushes off to lodge 200 notes into pp a/cfor pure degenerecy)
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Angry-Ball; 12-11-10, 20:53.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

My cracked version of Windows 7 is just about to go tits up so gonna switch over to Ubuntu fingers crossed nothing gets fucked up been awhile since I done anything with Linux.
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X