Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard a mention on the radio yesterday that there is a case being taken against the Irish Government (maybe by Ryanair ) to allow customers recover the taxes and Airport charges for unused flights.
    Obv you should only lose the airfare if you don't take the flight. but the payout will cost the taxpayer a fortune especially if the ruling is retrospective.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Feck,always get that wrong.Meant Mrs,Mrs
      yeah yeah , of course you did.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        Cheers dude, pm sent.
        Know a girl who sells homemade dolls and bears and would absolutely love this opportunity. Would love to pass details on to her if you were interested

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          yeah yeah , of course you did.
          Oh Damo,you're such a flirt.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            What's the legal definition of man slaughter?

The above would not fit into my thinking
            Don't have exact definition, but to be a crime, an action must have two elements, the physical element (the actus reus) and the mental element (the mens rea).

For murder, there must be both the killing (physical element) and the intention to kill (mental element).
            For manslaughter, must be the killing, but don't have to prove the intention was to kill, a 'lesser intention' is enough to prove the crime.

Because it is difficult to prove 'intention to kill' as distinct, from example, an 'intention to greviously harm' or 'negligence about whether someone would be killed or not', people are often charged with manslaughter instead, or allowed to plead to the 'lesser charge' of manslaughter instead of murder.

Theoretically, the potential penalty for all homicides (ie murder and manslaughter) are imprisonment up to and including life imprisonment, but because in manslaughter cases the high standard if intention to kill was not proved, sentences for manslaughter are usually less.
            Last edited by Lplated; 12-11-10, 14:11.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
              Hey all,

Quick one for yee. I'm looking to get rid of a 1.4 Petrol Golf and get a 1.6 or 1.9 Diesel alternative.
              I'm looking for a car that will be economical on Diesel and reliable for doing a fair bit of mileage.

Would a Passat be my best bet?

Any other ideas would be great.

Cheers.
              I love my Citroen C5 1.6 Diesel.
              A C5 will cost you a lot less than a Passat the only downside is that servicing can be expensive if you use a Citroen garage but its a ridiculously comfortable car and is wearing pretty well at the moment considering I treat it like shit and its done 5 years and 200K Km. I drive the goolies out of it but I still easily get 55MPG from it.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hey all,

Quick one for yee. I'm looking to get rid of a 1.4 Petrol Golf and get a 1.6 or 1.9 Diesel alternative.
                I'm looking for a car that will be economical on Diesel and reliable for doing a fair bit of mileage.

Would a Passat be my best bet?

Any other ideas would be great.

Cheers.
                If you don't do too much mileage, I would get a petrol. While a diesel's fuel economy is better, people put too much significance in this, and as a result it will cost you significantly more upfront to buy a diesel over it's petrol equivalent.

Comment

Surely we have to back this one later?

20:30
                  16 Run Bookings At Dundalkstadium.com Rated Race
                  Class , £10500.00 added, 3yo plus, £7246.00 penalty 1m 4f

Form Horse Trainer Age Wgt Jockey
                  1(9) 222186 Maal (IRE) D Marnane 7 9 9 C O'Donoghue
                  2(2) 222314 Denny Crane E Lynam 4 9 6 W M Lordan

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                    horse racing tip for any interested:

Eyre Square 3.25 at Newcastle, should be about 11/2
                    How good is this tip?? Did it come from the horse

Comment

Limerick City Centre to the Luas in Stillorglin in two hours flat - well played IMO.

Anybody tell me where to get the 37 bus from that would be closest to Stephens Green heading in the Castleknock direction?

Preferably use landmarks rather than street names :P

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        If you don't do too much mileage, I would get a petrol. While a diesel's fuel economy is better, people put too much significance in this, and as a result it will cost you significantly more upfront to buy a diesel over it's petrol equivalent.
                        The thing is I'm 1 step away from a job in Cork and I'll be commuting every week until I sort out car pooling. I think that diesels are more economical for long haul journeys and if I have to downgrade a few years to afford 1 I don't mind.

Selling private these days is a nightmare I'd say, so I'll probably have to trade in to a dealers.

Comment

Outside central bank of Ireland in college green

Comment

Outside central bank of Ireland in college green
                            Is that across the road from a Starbucks and a taxi rank? If so I know the place - lol culchies etc

Comment

The last tip on here went viral! There were lads fathers on here ringing them about the tip they heard

I think the oul nag is still running though

Comment

The thing is I'm 1 step away from a job in Cork and I'll be commuting every week until I sort out car pooling. I think that diesels are more economical for long haul journeys and if I have to downgrade a few years to afford 1 I don't mind.

Selling private these days is a nightmare I'd say, so I'll probably have to trade in to a dealers.
                                Gumtree cars ftw

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                  How good is this tip?? Did it come from the horse
                                  Hopefully not, they've already done a series about a talking horse.

Comment

Ah yeah well in that case obv a diesel would be better.

Wouldn't necessarily say the selling privately is bad. If it's priced right, it will sell. Plus, trading in with the dealer will give you far less room for negotiation.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      I love my Citroen C5 1.6 Diesel.
                                      A C5 will cost you a lot less than a Passat the only downside is that servicing can be expensive if you use a Citroen garage but its a ridiculously comfortable car and is wearing pretty well at the moment considering I treat it like shit and its done 5 years and 200K Km. I drive the goolies out of it but I still easily get 55MPG from it.
                                      Unfortunately Citroen C5s are for people who were born in the 1920s
                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                        Unfortunately Citroen C5s are for people who were born in the 1920s
                                        Suits Strewelpeter so

Comment

Know a girl who sells homemade dolls and bears and would absolutely love this opportunity. Would love to pass details on to her if you were interested
                                          Cheers Emmet, pm sent.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Is that across the road from a Starbucks and a taxi rank? If so I know the place - lol culchies etc
                                            Yup, think you get the one with ongar as the final destination

Comment

Yup, think you get the one with ongar as the final destination
                                              Cheers Emmet.

Last Q, any guess at how long it would take me this time on a Friday - I'm trying to estimate how many pints I can squeeze in before meeting the ex :P

Comment

The Dummies Guide to Bailouts

by BCB-lookalike, Dan O'Brien

seeks to answer the question 'what happens if we get bailed out?'
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Youd be better selling it private , a dealer will only pump the price of his car and give you feck all for yours .
                                                  If you do go the garage route then get a mate to go in and get a price for a straight cash deal on the car you want and then at least you'll know how much he is screwing you for when you turn up with your trade in .

Comment

Nice penalty!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hQAjyWhC7s&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Cheers Emmet.

Last Q, any guess at how long it would take me this time on a Friday - I'm trying to estimate how many pints I can squeeze in before meeting the ex :P
                                                      May El Tren illuminate your path.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        Folks, bit of a long shot but if anyone can help mucho apreciato.

I've been contacted by Dublin Zoo about putting in a small market over three weekends next month, it's to coincide with a fully sold out family xmas event they're running.

Problem for me is it needs to be mostly craft based, children's toys, gifts etc.. but most of my contacts are food vendors.

I have a few lined up but I need five or six more, if any of you know anybody in that line of business let me know.

Also, I'm trying to get in touch with somebody that can sell roasted chestnuts, street vendor type. If anyone can help there too.
                                                        I know a girl who makes her own jewellery and has sold it on stalls before in town. Is this the type of thing you are looking for?

Comment

Limerick City Centre to the Luas in Stillorglin in two hours flat - well played IMO.

Anybody tell me where to get the 37 bus from that would be closest to Stephens Green heading in the Castleknock direction?

Preferably use landmarks rather than street names :P
                                                          Better off walking to Tara and getting the Train to Castleknock or Coolmine. Bus usually takes an hour
                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

+

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EVFdPjFR5s[/ame]

=

sucker

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              law and order

just reading the IT there and there's a story on the second page about a guy who got convicted of manslaughter after ramming a guy's car, dragging him out, attacking him with a machete and then driving over him

the judge gave him nine years

here's the bit that I thought interesting:

the guy's a recidivist violent criminal, surely it's irresponsible NOT to take his previous form into consideration? Kayroo?
                                                              I know that this is second hand news and I might have missed something but how is hacking a guy with a machete and running him over manslaughter. That seems like clear murder to me. I dont see why his previous violent history cant be used either. So thats 9 years out in 5\6 I presume seems a little light.

EDIT - Sorry just read through the rest of the posts. So it was a plea bargain because his bird wanted to give misleading testimony. I think possible he could have got murder with a lenient sentence for coming clean and I am pretty sure that purjury will cover her for a few years locked up also.
                                                              Last edited by RichieM; 12-11-10, 14:54.

Comment

this is clearly the best penalty ever

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY6ID6HYkQk[/ame]
                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  For the late night sessions, i usually hook up a 24" monitor to the laptop and had it going last night. This morn when i stuck the laptop on (without the monitor) and HEM is opening off screen and i can't get near it to drag it bag to the laptop. It's never happened before.

I have to restart the laptop if i want to hook the other monitor up. Anyone experienced it before and is there anyway of sorting it? Task manager doesn't help. Cheers
                                                                  Press the windows key (on keyboard) and the left (or right) arrow at the same time and it should bring it back.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    I know a girl who makes her own jewellery and has sold it on stalls before in town. Is this the type of thing you are looking for?
                                                                    Certainly, I'll drop you a pm, cheers Dom.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

If people are only adding me on facebook to look at pictures of my friends I'm not impressed

Comment

If people are only adding me on facebook to look at pictures of my friends I'm not impressed
                                                                        Just post them here so
                                                                        Links and/or pics

Comment

DUBLIN (Reuters) - Bank of Ireland looks set to emerge as the dominant force in Irish banking, with any overseas investment in rivals unlikely to materialize until fears are allayed over the country's economic recovery.

With Allied Irish Bank, once Ireland's biggest company, now facing majority state-control and foreign lenders baling out of the Irish market, Bank of Ireland has an unprecedented opportunity to seize control, analysts say.

"It is the natural winner. There's a fundamental opportunity there," said Collins Stewart analyst Gary McCarthy. "It has the strongest capital position and can capitalize on the problems that the (domestic) competition have as well as international competition having left their banking franchises behind."

In a research note last month Goldman Sachs put an implied valuation of 7.4 billion euros ($9.7 billion) on the stock based on forecast 2013 earnings. That is almost three and half times its current market value of 2.2 billion euros.

"On our estimates BOI is well placed to take advantage of eventual macro recovery and its current valuation of 3.6 times recovery earnings (2013) offers meaningful upside," it said.

Goldman Sachs has a 'buy' recommendation on Bank of Ireland but a 'neutral' recommendation on Allied Irish Banks where it sees limited upside for the bank's near-term share price performance given that the state is expected to take a stake of over 90 percent by underwriting a 5.4 billion-euro rights issue.

Goldman Sachs said Allied Irish Banks trades at between six and nine times its forecast recovery earnings for 2013 while European banks on average trade at nine times 2011 earnings and 6.5 times their 2012 earnings.
                                                                          Interesting. I might set fire to €500 for some BOI shares...

Comment

Just post them here so
                                                                            Links and/or pics
                                                                            yeah would be helpfull
                                                                            cos iam not going joining farcebook just to see a few wimmins

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

just added you

Comment

just added you
                                                                                Drunken FB nuisance alert.Do not accept.

Comment

just added you

Comment

i like this part

In a research note last month Goldman Sachs put an implied valuation of 7.4 billion euros ($9.7 billion) on the stock based on forecast 2013 earnings. That is almost three and half times its current market value of 2.2 billion euros.
                                                                                    more pulling the figures out of the sky based on future earnings which were also pulled out of the sky

is anyone learning anything here
                                                                                    we can't see past next week as regards to irelands banking and financial system let alone what will happen in 2013. its this type of speculation and people like rasta jumping on the band wagon that got us where we are today

Comment

Im a sucker for tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                        Drunken FB nuisance alert.Do not accept.
                                                                                        just because im not a gaylord does not make me a nuisance!!

Comment

just because im not a gaylord does not make me a nuisance!!
                                                                                          not playing tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            I heard a mention on the radio yesterday that there is a case being taken against the Irish Government (maybe by Ryanair ) to allow customers recover the taxes and Airport charges for unused flights.
                                                                                            Obv you should only lose the airfare if you don't take the flight. but the payout will cost the taxpayer a fortune especially if the ruling is retrospective.
                                                                                            i thought it was always recoverable just most people don't bother and the likes of ryanair make it especially difficult and end up pocketing the money no?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Sulking, imo.
                                                                                              The ings I have been doing are work and sleep, not the sulk ing. I'm not a Liverpool fan

Comment

nope...im too broke to play. These student nights out where i still manage to spend 40-50e every 2 days are taking there toll

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post

we can't see past next week as regards to irelands banking and financial system let alone what will happen in 2013. its this type of speculation and people like rasta jumping on the band wagon that got us where we are today
                                                                                                  I wasn't serious btw...

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                    it's all rasta's fault

him and that Morgan Kelly chap
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                      Im a sucker for tips!
                                                                                                      I'm foolishly in too, playing this as a satt to the 200k on Sunday night.

Anywhere to watch this online?
                                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Right, who was it?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                          I'm foolishly in too, playing this as a satt to the 200k on Sunday night.

Anywhere to watch this online?
                                                                                                          Also on here , the way i run it will fall at the last while leading

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            Tesco online cutting delivery costs now that Iceland are moving in

Comment

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Zod new bbv hero obv
                                                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Go on ya wee daisy , what a finish

Comment

Wow Eyre Square went to 300 in running

Opr

Comment

I dont know you Zod but thank u and if u at the ipb game tommorrow i will but u a few pints and maybe even a jig from one of the girls downstairs.Nice 350 profit

Comment

Great finish!! nice one mate!

Comment

Fair play Zod. Wasn't on unfortunately, but good info.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X