This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
    Believe me it's no test with this individual. I guess it comes down to him deciding if he stands by his morals and runs the risk of personal ruin (obv a legal case would be taken if the personal ruin took place)

I know it all sounds a bit cryptic.
    is this morally dubious act also illegal?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      B, B or V?

variance imo, increase your chances of getting a shag by 50%
      I think the EV of remaining in this tournament till death went thru the roof.

Tournament Life Syndrome =
      not having to go back to the room where Gaylord is waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        Had to unsubscribe from that thread due to epic retardation.
        I'm just glad i'm on my phone, otherwise there'd be bits of keyboard stuck in my forehead from reading that.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
          It’s possible some of or all of the 17 individuals involved in the email situation in PWC could face the sack. This potentially could finish their careers together with destroying a potential 60 lives, 17 + 17 partners + a possible 17 x 1.5 kids….60 lives in total.
          Is this not harsh?. Political correctness gone mad.
          The ladies weren’t shown naked. OK it may have been a “Most Shaggable” list, but it wasn’t a “hit list” more of a “wish list”. No one was greatly (tmk) harmed by it and it strikes me as a bit of banter that was carried, (especially by the media), too far. But ffs surely it is been taken too seriously all round.
          We recently had a serial offender receive a 3 year suspended sentence in the courts for admitting & captured on CCTV committing €270,000 worth criminal damage. We have murderers been sentenced to 5 years in prison. Only yesterday a repeat drunken driver gets 5 years for the killing of two family men.
          These PWC workers will have whole lives destroyed for what was a stupid act of banter. Surely there is some other form of “punishment” to fit the “crime”.
          disagree with this. These are 17 muppets fresh out of uni, on the pull every night who have nothing better to do. no partners, no kids, just mates and stories of the night before. welcome to the real world. actions have consequences, they just learnt that the hard way, and threw away a great opportunity. they'll get over it and move on, this is just a small bump on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
            I'm just glad i'm on my phone, otherwise there'd be bits of keyboard stuck in my forehead from reading that.
            Rasta sucked me back in.

FML.

On the positive side I'm pretty confident we can win this one (), just let me know if you're giving up so I don't get stuck trying to fight them on my own - it's like a fucking zombie attack!

Comment

Wish i could but i cannot really, nothing corrupt more so against another employee

Believe me it's no test with this individual. I guess it comes down to him deciding if he stands by his morals and runs the risk of personal ruin (obv a legal case would be taken if the personal ruin took place)

I know it all sounds a bit cryptic.

Does friend want advice on if he should do it or how to get out of it? If he's 100% against doing it then he should at least have another meeting with the boss and go over all the details while secertly tape recording it. He could then use that to bribe the boss to leaving him alone.

Comment

How can people answer this without knowing the jist of the dialemma he is in.
                I don't think an employee should be put in that position where his actual morals are compromised. It's the year
                2010 ffs.
                As the BBV frequently says and in my opinion correctly in this instance - MAN UP.

It really does depend on ths issue. EG If his boss is asking him to check someones history file and he is IT, this is fair enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                  How can people answer this without knowing the jist of the dialemma he is in.
                  I don't think an employee should be put in that position where his actual morals are compromised. It's the year
                  2010 ffs.
                  As the BBV frequently says and in my opinion correctly in this instance - MAN UP.

It really does depend on ths issue. EG If his boss is asking him to check someones history file and he is IT, this is fair enough.
                  jackyback said that doing this morally dubious act will\could cause the company to suffer loss

so it sounds to me like the boss has some scam going and wants jackyback's mate to cover up

Comment

It’s possible some of or all of the 17 individuals involved in the email situation in PWC could face the sack. This potentially could finish their careers together with destroying a potential 60 lives, 17 + 17 partners + a possible 17 x 1.5 kids….60 lives in total.
                    The ladies weren’t shown naked. OK it may have been a “Most Shaggable” list, but it wasn’t a “hit list” more of a “wish list”. No one was greatly (tmk) harmed by it and it strikes me as a bit of banter that was carried, (especially by the media), too far. But ffs surely it is been taken too seriously all round.
                    We recently had a serial offender receive a 3 year suspended sentence in the courts for admitting & captured on CCTV committing €270,000 worth criminal damage. We have murderers been sentenced to 5 years in prison. Only yesterday a repeat drunken driver gets 5 years for the killing of two family men.
                    These PWC workers will have whole lives destroyed for what was a stupid act of banter. Surely there is some other form of “punishment” to fit the “crime”.

As we all know our country is fcuked all but bankrupt, banking system in turmoil, government in disarray & two of our leading newspapers give the PWC affair top headlines. Gutter press at its best.
                    It’s time we started being serious about the serious issues.
                    I totaly agree, this whole affair seems very light compared to what goes on daily in offices. Instead of canning all 17 lads having to bang the 10 worst in the company would keep them in line. Even a press realease from PWC stating that "Boys will be Boys" would get my thumbs up. I think it will prob only be the guy who drafted the e-mail who gets fired but the real problem here is that the guys were stupid enough to let it get out and get caught.
                    Still tho it has been nice to have a novelty distraction from the real problems that usually fill the news.

Comment

jackyback said that doing this morally dubious act will\could cause the company to suffer loss

so it sounds to me like the boss has some scam going and wants jackyback's mate to cover up
                      Oh I get it now, he works for the Viper? Er Carry on so but make sure you get your cut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                        I totaly agree, this whole affair seems very light compared to what goes on daily in offices. Instead of canning all 17 lads having to bang the 10 worst in the company would keep them in line. Even a press realease from PWC stating that "Boys will be Boys" would get my thumbs up. I think it will prob only be the guy who drafted the e-mail who gets fired but the real problem here is that the guys were stupid enough to let it get out and get caught.
                        Still tho it has been nice to have a novelty distraction from the real problems that usually fill the news.
                        In light of the business the company is in the grads involved will deffo be fired. A normal company might let it slide.
                        Reputation is of primary importance in PWC business.

Comment

As we all know our country is fcuked all but bankrupt, banking system in turmoil, government in disarray & two of our leading newspapers give the PWC affair top headlines. Gutter press at its best.
                          While I agree wholeheartedly with the above sentiment, I definitely think two of their employees should get the sack for a much more simple and basic reason. Specifically:

- the dude who decided to use images from the internal website and put their names and departments with them when making up the initial email;
                          - the dude who forwarded the chain to an email address outside the company;

should be immediately sacked because they are fucking idiots. If they are stupid enough to do this would you really want them preparing something tricky and detailed for an important client account? I wouldn't.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Rasta sucked me back in.

FML.

On the positive side I'm pretty confident we can win this one (), just let me know if you're giving up so I don't get stuck trying to fight them on my own - it's like a fucking zombie attack!
                            Link me to this thread lads will you please?
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                              Obviously boys will be boys and the normal chat in any office can be much more over the top than was in the emails BUT the fact that they used company emails to discuss 'boys' talk' is what is the main problem in this instance I think. I worked in a company in the states about 10 years ago and one of my good friends there was fired and a few others disciplined when internal emails of theirs were reviewed by management; rightfully so to be honest, using company email for the purposes of having a private laugh isn't really on, is it? It's just idiotic! If anyone gets fired, it because of their stupidity and lack of professionalism rather than anything else.

Comment

In my opinion morally dubious really should't be a problem but make sure and cover yourself. Out an out illegal which it kinda sounds like then its something I would avoid but if he is going ahead make sure he knows a great solicitor and ask him your liability and how to cover so that he can effectivley the I am so dumb and didnt realise it was a problem defense if it goes tits up. In my opinion the moral tight rope is business but I dont agree with breaking the law(at work)

Comment

is this morally dubious act also illegal?
                                  From a HR perspective yes it would leave him in a difficult sitaution and the company exposed.

Comment

they should be fired for failing a stupidity test tbh
                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

From a HR perspective yes it would leave him in a difficult sitaution and the company exposed.
                                      go to HR immediately with this. Aside from the senior senior boss, what do the bosses in between say?
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

FREE the

imo
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                          Link me to this thread lads will you please?
                                          Some good news to counter all this "we are doomed" crap we see on a daily basis.

Comment

Bollox, fuck them the idiots!!!

if it was a blackest black fella working here list or a most crippled cripple person working here list
                                            you wouldn't say any of this pc gone mad shite

Very little difference!

Now to almost agree with ya
                                            The thing is, Women need to start getting hammered for the constant stream of sexist shite they do in offices as well, none of which ever seems to get pulled up on as it is all in fun apparently

fado fado
                                            I once got pulled infront of a few managers about racism towards a Japenese girl I worked with, in office getting read the riot act for making one crack about Kung Fu or the likes as a comeback when she was slagging me

I then asked them if they had finished
                                            asked them if they had pulled her about calling me an Irish culchie for a couple of weeks or is it alright to abuse white Irish lads

I then demanded she got dragged in as well, demanded an apology, demanded to never hear of it again and told them I had to consider if I was going to get my Lawyer after them

stuttering pricks all said sorry and spent the next 5 mins fucking her out of it for slagging people and then trying to ruin their career as soon as they slag her back

They offered me a contract extension soon after

I got pulled once for sending an email about a woman to people I worked with(different place), 1 woman in worked complained

I asked her was it any different to the stream of man slagging joke emails she sent and.....see above

If any of the lads has a leg to stand on he/they will not be fired
                                            so fuck them the idiots!

or the pc gone mad version of what I said if you prefer
                                            Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            disagree with this. These are 17 muppets fresh out of uni, on the pull every night who have nothing better to do. no partners, no kids, just mates and stories of the night before. welcome to the real world. actions have consequences, they just learnt that the hard way, and threw away a great opportunity. they'll get over it and move on, this is just a small bump on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                              go to HR immediately with this. Aside from the senior senior boss, what do the bosses in between say?
                                              The guy says they have no HR Dept (Manager led) and the senior boss is the actual owner. I am not sure what to say to him its either cover your arse or stand true to your morals.

Comment

The guy says they have no HR Dept (Manager led) and the senior boss is the actual owner. I am not sure what to say to him its either cover your arse or stand true to your morals.
                                                Sick spot, and hard to give advice on without knowing the details. I feel for the guy, rock and hard place with a ticking clock too.

Comment

If a bunch of women did up a list about the men in the office would anyone care? I hate the double standard.
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Idiots should've called it the Grad Calendar to be honest. They could've passed it off as an idea for a charity fundraiser, and everyone loves them.

They really went about it in the easiest possible way to get caught "Delete my signature etc if you're forwarding this" - HA

Comment

FML in so many ways it's unreal. Would go into details but it's too depressing. Can't wait for Friday evening and the chance to get blizted.

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                      If a bunch of women did up a list about the men in the office would anyone care? I hate the double standard.
                                                      There's no way the women in PWC haven't discussed and rated the men in just the same way, they may not have been stupid enough to do it via e-mail but that's aside from the point. Both genders do this shite all the time, I'd probably even go so far as to say it's human nature.
                                                      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

is it actually illegal though?

(not that any laws in relation to corporate malfeasance ever get enforced in this country anyway)

Comment

gorillaz ticket for sale

guys, my wife has fallen sick so i've got a spare ticket for tonights' GORILLAZ gig. If anybody wants a ticket at cost price (65 euros) let me know. Ticket is seated in the lower tier.

Comment

is it actually illegal though?

(not that any laws in relation to corporate malfeasance ever get enforced in this country anyway)
                                                            Not illegal in that sense but will loose 100% of the time if/when it goes to court. He just text me to say he had to act by COB today so went with cover the ass option but feels sick about what he was made to do.

Comment

wait this ends?

Comment

guys, my wife has fallen sick so i've got a spare ticket for tonights' GORILLAZ gig. If anybody wants a ticket at cost price (65 euros) let me know. Ticket is seated in the lower tier.
                                                                I heard somewhere if you have red hair you get in free.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                  Obviously boys will be boys and the normal chat in any office can be much more over the top than was in the emails BUT the fact that they used company emails to discuss 'boys' talk' is what is the main problem in this instance I think. I worked in a company in the states about 10 years ago and one of my good friends there was fired and a few others disciplined when internal emails of theirs were reviewed by management; rightfully so to be honest, using company email for the purposes of having a private laugh isn't really on, is it? It's just idiotic! If anyone gets fired, it because of their stupidity and lack of professionalism rather than anything else.
                                                                  We all know Paddy Power PR/Marketing likes to be edgy/topical at times in order to get free PR.

IMO you should hire this guy when he gets the chop.

While the email thing is completely stupid he could never have seen how big it was going to get. I'd guess he's college graduated and probably semi-competent(bar current event).

Not sure what role you could put him in but I'm sure you could do with a tea boy around the office at least

Stick him on a salary of around 30k. At a conservative estimate I'd say you'd get around 250k in free publicity.

Here's the Press release headline for you 'Ex-PWC Johnny Mudballs makes Paddy's Top Ten'

Let me know if you marketing dept. is looking for anyone.....
                                                                  You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Sigh, Pippo Inzaghi damaged his knee ligaments last night, out for the rest of the season and could be very much career threatening. Maybe his brace against Madrid were his last goals.

Funny part was the consultant who gave him the bad news is called Dr Piero the namesake of his famous Juventus foe!
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                      We all know Paddy Power PR/Marketing likes to be edgy/topical at times in order to get free PR.

IMO you should hire this guy when he gets the chop.

While the email thing is completely stupid he could never have seen how big it was going to get. I'd guess he's college graduated and probably semi-competent(bar current event).

Not sure what role you could put him in but I'm sure you could do with a tea boy around the office at least

Stick him on a salary of around 30k. At a conservative estimate I'd say you'd get around 250k in free publicity.

Here's the Press release headline for you 'Ex-PWC Johnny Mudballs makes Paddy's Top Ten'

Let me know if you marketing dept. is looking for anyone.....
                                                                      Bill Cullen must have been looking at it going now thats how you get a Viral going best hire this guy and to hell with my apprentices.

Comment

Some people will see this as over indulgent crap but it blew my face off. Maybe not so much the story but the craft, invention and cinematography are incredible. While I get its hugely flawed in some aspects the things I loved far outweighed the bad and the muddled nature made it all the more strangely wonderful in my eyes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyQ3YQ9hlgQ[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          Sigh, Pippo Inzaghi damaged his knee ligaments last night, out for the rest of the season and could be very much career threatening. Maybe his brace against Madrid were his last goals.

Funny part was the consultant who gave him the bad news is called Dr Piero the namesake of his famous Juventus foe!
                                                                          Pretty sad news alright. The end of one of the best goalscorer's there has ever been. Also means ronnie is likely to stick around at xmas now

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                            Some people will see this as over indulgent crap but it blew my face off. Maybe not so much the story but the craft, invention and cinematography are incredible. While I get its hugely flawed in some aspects the things I loved far outweighed the bad and the muddled nature made it all the more strangely wonderful in my eyes.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                            Will give this a bash, but not watching the trailer in case it ruins something for me!! Hopefully its a bit like The Fountain as liked that a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo
                                                                              Makes it all worth while

There I was thinking Alison was broke! Ill have to do with Dundrum on ice this year!

Her use of the english language is appalling

Comment

Going to see Jackass 3d tonight. Hopefully its somewhat decent.
                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Any portlaoise IPBers in? Is there a card club there? What's on on a Friday night?

I've to go to a conference tomorrow evening and saturday afternoon but might be able to sneak off earlyish tomorrow?
                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

jesus monkey ball christ how is that woman a journalist?! Who does her dad know that the indo still publish this shite.
                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                      Her use of the english language is appalling
                                                                                      She is what she is (or who she is related to)
                                                                                      & as someone who can be at best be described as Joycean, I am in no position to slag her but

id be more worried about the clear lack of a (sub)editors hand
                                                                                      straight from laptop to printing room by the looks of it
                                                                                      Surely somebody should have cleaned that taste bit up or sent it back to her to clean up?

I read on a bit, apparently the American resort is not even open yet so when did she go?
                                                                                      advert!!!

She is so bad she generates hits and therefore money
                                                                                      people stop laughing at her, they will stop employing her

red tops are more use than the indo these days
                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 11-11-10, 18:39. Reason: meh

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        I meant to ask did anyone ever finish out that show with the people who all woke up in a hotel in this town with cameras all around they couldn't leave ? Name escapes me but I gave up I think about half way into the season as it was awful. I still would like to know how it ended and wtf it was all about ?

Opr
                                                                                        Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                        persons unknown.

gave up myself about 5 in, the lead female was very hot though !!

how it ends...couldend give a flying tbh.
                                                                                        I had stuck with this till the end, shame on me I generally had it on in the background when I was doing stuff so didnt pay real close attention to it. If you wanna know what happens in the end this is best I can remember.

SPOILER
                                                                                        they basically all escape after finding out only 1 of them will be let out so they stage this really crappy fight scenes and made up death scenes to try and fake the people behind the camer, they escape and are back in the world and the 2 journos now become part of the story when they all go back to the little town and are now into level 2, was an absolute pox of a tv show! im sure you can get better explanations out there if you really wanna know.

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                        Is it wrong thatu first two thoughts were

1. Jaysus who's gonna take over blogging at the festivals

2. We get Danny to blog the funeral. Epic turnout imo
                                                                                        Lols genius well played
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

the fact that you are all talking about her albeit for the wrong reasons should give you some idea of why the Indo publishes her work. Nobody gives a rusty monkeys hole what shes on about anyway so she might as well be controversial and because of it be better well known than the vast majority of journalists

Comment

Have you ever been sitting in a room, and you catch the smell of a fart, but you realise you are on your own, and didn't fart?

Mind blowing experience

Comment

I'm just avoiding looking in that deepstack thread now. Every post is someone pulling out.

Comment

I'm just avoiding looking in that deepstack thread now. Every post is someone pulling out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IctBSH5a9Sw[/ame]
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I'm nearly ready to pull out at this stage - all the cool kids are doing it

Comment

Pansies the lot of them.

Comment

What time's kick off for it?I'll be in portlaoise until the afternoon but I have a memory of it kicking off at around 4 which would be too early for me to get there.
                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        Have you ever been sitting in a room, and you catch the smell of a fart, but you realise you are on your own, and didn't fart?

Mind blowing experience
                                                                                                        Its that Ace fella, he turns up in places and people don't realise he's there.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                          What time's kick off for it?I'll be in portlaoise until the afternoon but I have a memory of it kicking off at around 4 which would be too early for me to get there.
                                                                                                          You can get there till 6:50 afaik.

It's in the last page or two of the thread anyway...

Comment

I think this whole PWC top ten birds thing demonstrates perfectly what's wrong with the Irish Economy - these 17 qualified accountants compiled a list of 'top 10' females in the office, and put 13 names on the list. So, PWC - how much to bail out Anglo would ye think?

Comment

You can get there till 6:50 afaik.

It's in the last page or two of the thread anyway...
                                                                                                              Conference finishes at 4 but next train doesn't leave until 5.15..would be very tight so for that reason I'm out. If there was a train closer to the finish time I'd definitely make the effort. Sorry guys..no added value
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I'm fuckin gutted not to be going, was set for an epic weekend.
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I just lol at what is currently happening to the Deepstack every time. People love to type "In" and post in a thread - maybe even confirm by PM to someone that they'll be there - and they don't bother actually making any decision as to whether they'll play or not until the couple of days before, when they can weigh up what their options are for the day in question.

In my world, if you say you're going to go to something, that means you've assessed your availability for the time in question and concluded that you're free.

There is nothing wrong with saying: 'looks great, like the idea, maybe in - will decide closer to the day'.

/rant
                                                                                                                  Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 11-11-10, 18:20. Reason: not going to be a particularly popular post obv

Comment

this twitter trial thing is a joke. What a terrible judgement!
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                      I just lol at what is currently happening to the Deepstack every time. People love to type "In" and post in a thread - maybe even confirm by PM to someone that they'll be there - and they don't bother actually making any decision as to whether they'll play or not until the couple of days before, when they can weigh up what their options are for the day in question.

In my world, if you say you're going to go to something, that means you've assessed your availability for the time in question and concluded that you're free.

There is nothing wrong with saying: 'looks great, like the idea, maybe in - will decide closer to the day'.

/rant
                                                                                                                      +1 Some very lame excuses from the people who committed
                                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Was there not talk of a deposit or was that shot down?
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ugh so fcukin hungover all day and still not right. Torture!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X