This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    I haven't step foot inside the SE or the Fitz in a long time now, maybe two months or more, I'm not feeling much enthusiasm for live poker these days!
    yeah I can't play on Saturday either as I'm in loco parentis for the next 3 days (Mrs Duke fecking off to Italy on the lash) so poker fix required this evening instead and that game is always fun as a few regs come out of the woodwork for it

sounds like you're having a good run of it socially atm!
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Ah cool, was gonna see if you wanted to join me on the bus. See ye in there.
      The only time I get the bus is when it's 3.30 am and I'm locked and want to torment people on the fightlink.
      Actually I got a good laugh on it a while ago when some drunken bints got on and they went around slapping people on the head singing 'it's a hard knock life for us' etc. great entertainment. I took my slap gratefully, unlike other cranky sleepy drunkies.

Comment

ah, the SE. hmmmmm.
        Follow us on Twitter
        Follow us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
          ah, the SE. hmmmmm.
          I smell a 'can I get the entire crew knocked out of a DC before the break?' prop bet coming on

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
            Where's the doom and gloom this morning?? Economy must be fixed so, happy days
            wouldn't want you to miss out

Originally posted by SkyNews
            Ireland is facing a growing tide of speculation that it may need a Greece-style bail-out to rescue its public finances.

The interest rate it pays for borrowing money rose to an 11-year high on Wednesday - sparked by clearing house LCH.Clearnet raising the amount of collateral it demands from those who hold Irish bonds.
            It had demanded a 15% cash deposit because of the risk of Ireland defaulting on its debts, which sparked a sell-off by investors unable or unwilling to meet the cash-call.
            The move leaves the country's cash-strapped banks facing a £620m bill.
            Currently, interest on a 10-year Irish bond stands at almost 9%. For the UK equivalent, it is 3%.

Irish leader Brian Cowen faces growing public anger
            Ireland's government has already made major budget cuts to try to solve the crisis, caused by the collapse of the property market and its major banks.
            It is due to announce more details in a budget on December 7.
            The governor of the country's central bank has fuelled concerns about a rescue ahead of any potential default by talking about the possibility of help from the International Monetary Fund.
            But Patrick Honohan insists Ireland has funded is debt until Spring next year.
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Oh America

Meet Melissa Lee Williams. The West Virginia woman, 41, is facing assault and weapons charges after allegedly waving a knife at two men who declined her demands to engage in sexual conduct at a motor inn.

The October 22 incident is detailed in an amusing/gross Jackson County Sheriff’s Department report excerpted here.

According to investigators, Williams--who lives four doors down from her estranged husband at the 77 Motor Inn--showed up at his door and asked Danny Williams and another man to “eat my pussy.” At this point, Williams, pictured in the mug shot at right, “commenced to undress herself,” reported Deputy Ross Mellinger.

While Danny Williams “declined said invitation,” the other man, Adam Watson, told cops that he “agreed to perform at her request.” However, as Watson approached Williams, “he became overwhelmed by horrible vaginal odor emitting from Melissa Williams.” Watson, understandably, “declined to proceed any further.”

This is when Melissa Williams allegedly “produced a lock-back folding knife,” opened it, and pointed the weapon at her estranged husband. She then reportedly uttered a line never before memorialized in a police report: “Somebody is going to eat my pussy or I’m going to cut your fucking throat.”

When Deputy Mellinger arrived on the scene he observed Williams--who, like the two men, appeared to be intoxicated--nude from the waist down. After pocketing a knife that was on the coffee table in front of Williams, Mellinger arrested her for domestic assault and brandishing a deadly weapon.

Williams, who was released from jail after posting $3000 bond, is next due in Jackson County Magistrate Court on February 16.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-11-10, 12:48.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just catching up on the WSOP final table on pokertube, I know there is a lot of money involved but people running and celebrating with their 'fans' when they knock out a player is horrible IMO. Don't think I'll bother watchin the rest of it cos i find it tilting!

Comment

Attached Files
                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      what and skip the monthly 100DC game in the SE?

are you crazy??
                      Does this run late/early into morning? Looks like a decent game

Comment

9%
                        imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

yeah I can't play on Saturday either as I'm in loco parentis for the next 3 days (Mrs Duke fecking off to Italy on the lash) so poker fix required this evening instead and that game is always fun as a few regs come out of the woodwork for it
                          Originally posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
                          ah, the SE. hmmmmm.
                          I smell a 'can I get the entire crew knocked out of a DC before the break?' prop bet coming on
                          Can't play this tonight. Can't play this weekend. FML
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lads,I need your help with this please.It's a very worthwhile cause which the authorities have already tried to silence.

Please join the Facebook campaign today and stop this senselessness.
                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I just realised last night that the LCD Soundsystem gig is next week. Cannot fucking wait.
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Gaylord View Post
                                Lads,I need your help with this please.It's a very worthwhile cause which the authorities have already tried to silence.

What exactly do you hope to achieve?
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                  I just realised last night that the LCD Soundsystem gig is next week. Cannot fucking wait.
                                  Your veiled threats won't work with me Lloyd,I'm a man with nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    What exactly do you hope to achieve?
                                    Freedom from tyranny.

Comment

I've had enough of this.

Banned.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                        I've had enough of this.

Banned.
                                        Free the Homo, Free the Homo, Free the Homo, Free the Homo,
                                        Until out Garlord has been set free, then let us move to here.

We can breathe new life into it.

In other news.
                                        A bit of trouble in Coppers last night
                                        Apparently. A Kerryman mistook a Samoan Rugby player for a Roscommon slapper.

Comment

Eh? Hmm this is quite embarassing. Can someone remind me what my username was over there. I er had so many I er ya know.
                                          No worries, forget it, I'll find it.

Recommend we change this thread title to -> and Now for something completely different.

Powah to the people

Comment

lol...

For one weekend only, the Zoo is offering free entry to all red haired children* and any child who arrives at the Zoo dressed as an orang utan** to drive awareness surrounding the endangered orang utans in the wild.

*The Zoo welcomes any type of red haired child under 16 years of age for free to the Zoo this weekend.
                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

If El Tren supports it then we have no choice.

Comment

Yuletired or something like that willie?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                  Does this run late/early into morning? Looks like a decent game
                                                  probably 3-ish although I'm generally well gone\embroiled in cash by that stage

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                    Ah fuck right off Pokerstars you fuckin dickheads. I've been trying not to see/read anything about the WSOP ME FT and bam, up pops a fuckin picture of the winner with the bracelet. Fuckin dickheads, what a load of BS. WTF
                                                    The Star newspaper did it for me yesterday. I don't even get that paper and was only scanning through it as one of the lads here had bought it. Never even thought about the WSOP and all of a sudden i see a picture of the winner. It totally ruins the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                      Just watching that Genius show of Dave Gorman's last night. One of the ideas was:
                                                      Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                      really enjoyed the difficulty the guy had with "wife eh, ehr, Partner"...

Thats a pretty interesting programme tbh!
                                                      Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                      lol, yeah - was wondering how they manage to get such a funny audience, whether they coach them or not
                                                      It used to be a BBC Radio4(or maybe radio2?) show
                                                      ran for a few years before switching to telly so has built up a following

Pretty sure you get to be in audience by sending in an idea or at least sending for tickets for that show (Don't think BBC shows like this one do the standard lucky dip ticket job)

Anyhu, if they rerun the radio show on the BBC Iplayer, check it out
                                                      far better than the TV show imo
                                                      none of the silly audience games, MUCH BETTER guests, moves along at a better pace

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      I'd imagine Gorman would attract a more intelligent/witty following than your average comedian.
                                                      SPOILER
                                                      Gorman is bit of a con artist, takes a while to see through it but....

fair play to him and his con btw

Comment

has there been a bit of queer bashing going on here since i went to lunch

obviously he was picked on because he had the ghey

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Yuletired or something like that willie?

Thanks, when I tried to log in I heard footsteps and suddenly some old fellow appeared and told me to clear off. A bit similar to this actually.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ72fcHDUC8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ72fcHDUC8[/ame]

Comment

In relation to the Herald putting the pictures in the paper. If you were involved would you feel worse that your picture was in the paper over this thing or if you were one of the girls in the office that didnt make "the top 10"

Comment

One of the only cases when I'd be happy to bubble it in 11th

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                Ah fuck right off Pokerstars you fuckin dickheads. I've been trying not to see/read anything about the WSOP ME FT and bam, up pops a fuckin picture of the winner with the bracelet. Fuckin dickheads, what a load of BS. WTF
                                                                Are you planning on waiting till next November to watch/discover who won.

It's unavoidable, its the biggest thing in poker all year. Time to move on imo.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  I've had enough of this.

Banned.
                                                                  didn't he get banned earlier

a double banging in one day any gay would be proud of that

Comment

Eh?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ki5OEmkhMY[/ame]

Promotions Poker exclusives ! Participez aux plus grands tournois de Poker en ligne. Regoignez les tables de Texas Hold'em ou de Omaha et remportez d'énormes jackpots.
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                      In relation to the Herald putting the pictures in the paper. If you were involved would you feel worse that your picture was in the paper over this thing or if you were one of the girls in the office that didnt make "the top 10"
                                                                      I'm far to masuline to make any top 10 girles list.

Comment

Am loving the new Stars lineup of tournies during the afternoon - the turbo MTT options are great for getting in a good session before heading off for the evening. There is a few turbo PLO options, as well as a turbo PLH / PLO game.

Just came 3rd of 168 in a tournie I really should've won considering my chiplead towards the latter stages of it, nice warmup for the Fitz tomorrow night though, it was a bounty and I managed to take out 9 players in total I've never managed that many live, despite chopping the Scalps twice before.

Comment

Does anyone know if there is a way in google chrome to save the webpage tabs you have open and reopen the lot of them later in one go? Similar to when it crashes, you can click 'restore web pages' or whatever?

Comment

Change homepage to last open tabs

Comment

Change homepage to last open tabs
                                                                              Perfect cheers! Ive to go to the library now and don't want to have to re-google all the stuff I've open!

Comment

worst one is being the one they had reservations over

Comment

The cow life threat story reminded me of when i worked in a slaughter hall when about 16.

There was one morning i looked up when all of a sudden i see this cow running down the killing line ( the killing line is what it says essentially all his buddies not in a good way ). The guy meant to stun the cow obviously fcuked up.

The cow looked possessed all i can remember is running for cover behind a foreign girl who had just ran for cover behind some massive fella.

The cow actually made it out of the factory and escaped for a few days.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

BBV guide me....

A friend is currently in a position were his senior senior boss is asking him to do something which is morally wrong, does not agree with and puts the business in jeopardy. Do you do what you are asked or refuse to do it and face the consequences, which in this instance could lead to threatening your career (not playing by normal HR rules here btw)

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                      BBV guide me....

A friend is currently in a position were his senior senior boss is asking him to do something which is morally wrong, does not agree with and puts the business in jeopardy. Do you do what you are asked or refuse to do it and face the consequences, which in this instance could lead to threatening your career (not playing by normal HR rules here btw)
                                                                                      I'd be focussing on that part and using it to tell him to feck off.

Comment

Wow, Raoul, you've infected boards.ie too.

I'm currently embroiled in a debate with someone who has said that the opening of Iceland shops in Ireland will lead to a lower standard of living.

Doom gloom and all in between!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          I'd be focussing on that part and using it to tell him to feck off.
                                                                                          They have put that case to him and no dice but are being forced into this.

Comment

I'm currently embroiled in a debate with someone who has said that the opening of Iceland shops in Ireland will lead to a lower standard of living.

Had to unsubscribe from that thread due to epic retardation.

Comment

They have put that case to him and no dice but are being forced into this.
                                                                                              can you give more details without being specific? makes a decision easier

Comment

that's a wierd one

I can think of many things that will lead to a lower standard of living but that ain't one of 'em

Comment

BBV guide me....

ask for a bribe

Comment

^^^
                                                                                                    This
                                                                                                    How immoral is it ... worse than busting Emmett on the sly? Will babies die? Puppies?

Get well paid for doing it and go into major ass covering mode. Also beware that its not a test that he's supposed to pass by turning him down.

Comment

It’s possible some of or all of the 17 individuals involved in the email situation in PWC could face the sack. This potentially could finish their careers together with destroying a potential 60 lives, 17 + 17 partners + a possible 17 x 1.5 kids….60 lives in total.
                                                                                                      Is this not harsh?. Political correctness gone mad.
                                                                                                      The ladies weren’t shown naked. OK it may have been a “Most Shaggable” list, but it wasn’t a “hit list” more of a “wish list”. No one was greatly (tmk) harmed by it and it strikes me as a bit of banter that was carried, (especially by the media), too far. But ffs surely it is been taken too seriously all round.
                                                                                                      We recently had a serial offender receive a 3 year suspended sentence in the courts for admitting & captured on CCTV committing €270,000 worth criminal damage. We have murderers been sentenced to 5 years in prison. Only yesterday a repeat drunken driver gets 5 years for the killing of two family men.
                                                                                                      These PWC workers will have whole lives destroyed for what was a stupid act of banter. Surely there is some other form of “punishment” to fit the “crime”.

As we all know our country is fcuked all but bankrupt, banking system in turmoil, government in disarray & two of our leading newspapers give the PWC affair top headlines. Gutter press at its best.
                                                                                                      It’s time we started being serious about the serious issues.

Comment

lol at the dudes last post to ye... You biting?
                                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Some advice please.

Have been multi-tabling the $3.25 6man turbo's on stars the past few weeks and while I'm doing ok on them, I still think Im missing a few +EV spots.

Obv, my aim to to preserve as many chips as I can to get past the first few levels and have a reship stack etc...

But I find I'm folding the likes of AJs, KQs, all pocket pairs up to 99 either out of position or on the button with no action in front.

Should I be raising 3x with the likes of AJs or 99 in early/late position if its folded to me during the 10/20 - 15/30 -25/50 levels?

Im ten tabling so its robot mode for me most of the time, but I don't want to miss any value spots if its the right play.

Any thoughts guys?
                                                                                                          NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Id have the unfortunate tag for making a bit of a show of myself when drunk but thank God iv never stooped as low as having shit or pissed myself
                                                                                                            You don't exactly stoop so low. I'm pretty sure he did it by accident and not as a dirty protest or something!

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                            C'mon who hasn't shat whilst drunk? My only time was after drinking a box of wine, managed to make it outta the bed but alas it wasn't to be.
                                                                                                            Really? Never happened to me or never came up in convo with any mates ever

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                              lol at the dudes last post to ye... You biting?
                                                                                                              Chomp

Comment

Originally posted by four of a kind poker View Post
                                                                                                                Some advice please.

Have been multi-tabling the $3.25 6man turbo's on stars the past few weeks and while I'm doing ok on them, I still think Im missing a few +EV spots.

Obv, my aim to to preserve as many chips as I can to get past the first few levels and have a reship stack etc...

But I find I'm folding the likes of AJs, KQs, all pocket pairs up to 99 either out of position or on the button with no action in front.

Should I be raising 3x with the likes of AJs or 99 in early/late position if its folded to me during the 10/20 - 15/30 -25/50 levels?

Im ten tabling so its robot mode for me most of the time, but I don't want to miss any value spots if its the right play.

Any thoughts guys?
                                                                                                                you have caught the ghey, folding AJs,99 etc on the button.

levelling?

Comment

can you give more details without being specific? makes a decision easier
                                                                                                                  Wish i could but i cannot really, nothing corrupt more so against another employee
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  ^^^
                                                                                                                  This
                                                                                                                  How immoral is it ... worse than busting Emmett on the sly? Will babies die? Puppies?

Get well paid for doing it and go into major ass covering mode. Also beware that its not a test that he's supposed to pass by turning him down.
                                                                                                                  Believe me it's no test with this individual. I guess it comes down to him deciding if he stands by his morals and runs the risk of personal ruin (obv a legal case would be taken if the personal ruin took place)

I know it all sounds a bit cryptic.

Comment

Sharing with Gaylord at Barrys on Saturday night. FML

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                      I thought that would be right up your alley.
                                                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                        B, B or V?

variance imo, increase your chances of getting a shag by 50%

Comment

@ Jackyback, make sure he records every conversation be it with phone, dictaphone whatever.

Wear a bug

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X