Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

probably stick an "imo" in the original post?

Comment

2 and a half men is the budweiser of sit coms.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

I assumed imo is pretty much a given in matters of personal taste, like when I say The Pixies and David Bowie are far and away the best musicians of all time* it's obviously my opinion. In this case I've really not seen enough of the older shows like Phil Silvers etc only the odd episode here and there so I should probably say of the last twenty years because that's all I really know. Police Squad was immense though, but I guess if they'd made more there'd be no Naked Gun movies so it probably worked out in the end

*Though it happens to be true in this case :P
        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
          Do people really under rate it?? I'd have it up there with Curb as the best US sitcom ever followed slightly behind by Arrested Development.
          Under-rate may be the wrong word, I think a lot of people who haven't really watched it just dismiss it as something mediocre without realising how well written and clever it actually is, they just stick it in the bland American sitcom with a whacky neighbour category. Also I forgot about Arrested Development, what a show!
          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            The worst one going yet everyone seems to like it?

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't like 2 and a half men??

Comment

No. I also really don't like Everybody Loves Raymond, but for some reason I really like King Of Queens...

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  No. I also really don't like Everybody Loves Raymond, but for some reason I really like King Of Queens...
                  Same...

Comment

Everybody loves Raymond is rubbish. King of Queens is even worse. Don't find that big fat guy funny in the slightest.

Comment

Just saw the Airport Pick up episode this evening.
                      So much comedy gold in 25 minutes of a fairly average episode. Every bit as funny as when it was written.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                        that is wierd, I'm the same!! There's just something about KofQ that I like... very strange, I thought I was the only one.

Comment

KoQ is very funny imo. Kevin James and Jerry Stiller are great.

Comment

Yeah Jerry Stiller is fantastic in everything he does really

That helps too...

Comment

She went for great looking to a whale and back again several times of the years in that show. Like at one point id say she was twice her weight in the first series.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                KoQ is very funny imo. Kevin James and Jerry Stiller are great.
                                Jerry Stiller is a legend.

Comment

Considering i would drink a pint of piss before budweiser, no, you are not alone.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

She went for great looking to a whale and back again several times of the years in that show. Like at one point id say she was twice her weight in the first series.
                                    Dirty Scientologist too.

Comment

Nope I cant stand it.

Does anyone watch Peep Show? I think its one of the best comedies about.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLOCzN5a19o&feature=fvst[/ame]

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The episode where they run over the dog in Peep Show is one of the funniest episodes of anything ever.

Comment

Yeah but even so, something about her will always do it for me...Could be the fact she once went out with Zach Morris that puts her at such a high level for me...

Peep Show is brilliant also yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                              Nope I cant stand it.

Does anyone watch Peep Show? I think its one of the best comedies about.
                                              Yep great show...
                                              Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              Got to commend this. Suggesting that something is the same as bud is definitely not meant as a compliment Ste!

I presume I'm the only one that likes Bud so... even though I know it's not "cool" to like it, I still do

Comment

I love 2.5 men. Great show. Everybody loves Raymond is cack though. KQo is decent but not great.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off starting in 10 on Film 4. Pregame dump outa the way, couple beers beside me, well needed after a bad day!

EDIT: Almost forgot the lemon cheesecake.
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I presume I'm the only one that likes Bud so... even though I know it's not "cool" to like it, I still do
                                                  How, just how! Sugar watery bleagh

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                    KQo
                                                    I lol'd

Also 2.5 men is just lowest common denominator, level 1 thinking, staff writer dross.

Comment

Comment

well needed after a bad day!
                                                        Got stuck in big time to Monet Garden today. Woulda posted here about my thinking on it, but was caught up with something else. One of my biggest scoops this year
                                                        you must be runnin like god for the last few weeks and telling no one if 2day was a bad day

Comment

Tracy Solomon from the X-factor is playing in the local gay bar in another month.Mr's Icarus is a big fan and it's her Birthday tomorrow, so I thought I'd buy her two tickets for her and her sister to go.

So far,so good.

The plan was to collect the tickets on my way home tonight but I had second thoughts about going into a gay bar on a Saturday night in my work clothes.Not sure if that's because I'm a raving homophobe or because I'm worried about them them thinking I'm some kind of YMCA themed stripper.

Anyway,I have this brainwave that I'll do up a little flyer type thing that I can print here in work and stick into the Mr's Birthday card.I always have my printer set to the one next to my computer.Some knobjockey must have changed it.

Long story short,it printed in one of the locked offices that I can't get into and the whole place will see it on Monday morning.

FML.
                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                            you must be runnin like god for the last few weeks and telling no one if 2day was a bad day
                                                            Non-gambling related bad day. Much worse than losing a few quids .

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                              Tracy Solomon from the X-factor is playing in the local gay bar in another month.Mr's Icarus is a big fan and it's her Birthday tomorrow, so I thought I'd buy her two tickets for her and her sister to go.

So far,so good.

The plan was to collect the tickets on my way home tonight but I had second thoughts about going into a gay bar on a Saturday night in my work clothes.Not sure if that's because I'm a raving homophobe or because I'm worried about them them thinking I'm some kind of YMCA themed stripper.

Anyway,I have this brainwave that I'll do up a little flyer type thing that I can print here in work and stick into the Mr's Birthday card.I always have my printer set to the one next to my computer.Some knobjockey must have changed it.

Long story short,it printed in one of the locked offices that I can't get into and the whole place will see it on Monday morning.

FML.
                                                              What do you wear to work ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

What do you wear to work ?
                                                                I pictured him in something like this...

Comment

Also 2.5 men is just lowest common denominator, level 1 thinking, staff writer dross.
                                                                  This.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Jack messing up his lines in live Eastenders ep. Jump to 1:30. Nice recovery, just looks more like the character is exasperated than genuinely screwing up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhzIHcv8BVY[/ame]

Comment

Snowing VERY heavily now in dublin 3. Seems to be lying aswell even tho the ground is very wet.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

FML.
                                                                        You'd be surprised how hetrophobic most gay bars are. Are they gonna pretend they're a couple? Love the use of 'Knobjockey' btw.
                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                          Snowing VERY heavily now in dublin 3. Seems to be lying aswell even tho the ground is very wet.
                                                                          Lol at people giving out about snow in Dublin.

Comment

Comment

I lol'd

I fucking love 2.5 men(up to series 4 anyway). Staff writers rule imo. 24 shows a year, when I might be dead before Larry dishes out another 8, 23 min shows a year.

Comment

I think - and i could be massively wrong and potentially insulting here - but you are gay, aren't you? So many of these discussions you read here and elsewhere must be inadvertently bad. Think so many people use words like that without thinking it is in any way homophobic and definitely not intending it in that way.

(red face for me if you are not gay!)

EDIT: lol: "but you are gay, aren't you?" sounds somewhat accusatory!
                                                                                Tbh I do consider myself gay, though (FML), I've not had any sex since 1996(year, not time). Mmm, thats gonna look like a level to the nth degree.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                    You'd be surprised how hetrophobic most gay bars are.
                                                                                    some of the people in them are a bit angry at the world alright

I remember being in one of Dublins good (now closed) gay nightclubs with a bunch from the
                                                                                    *Gay community news paper, I was one of "the straight friends" (you get introduced as such).

Fella comes up to me and screams in my face "Breeder"
                                                                                    to which i replied something like "tell it to yer mother"
                                                                                    he threw a strop while the group i was with were all laughing

later got followed onto dance floor by a group of jackbooted women
                                                                                    started pushing me around, told them it was like being at a punk gig
                                                                                    the fcuked off
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 20-02-10, 22:43. Reason: *remembered name of paper

Comment

I fucking love 2.5 men(up to series 4 anyway). Staff writers rule imo. 24 shows a year, when I might be dead before Larry dishes out another 8, 23 min shows a year.
                                                                                      First couple series of 2.5 were pretty decent, espically when the volume is taken into account

Comment

Lol at people giving out about snow in Dublin.
                                                                                        I love snow

Comment

Wonder how many of you will 'get' this.

Last edited by Guest; 20-02-10, 22:48.

Comment

btw i slipped a bit over my booze-a-thon with the giving up cigs thing. So close to a month's abstinence and then *bam*. Really annoying, although haven't touched them in about a day. Hope your own giving up task is going okay.
                                                                                            I lasted about a month ish and succumbed to the smoke while drinking, lasted another week, now I don't even want a smoke normally but if I'm going to the pub, I just smoke when I have my first pint as I know I'm gonna smoke sooner rather than later. So it's kinda good but could be better.

Although I thought it was alcohol that was my trigger, but I'm having a few cans ATM and don't have any burning desire to smoke, so maybe it's just the pub is a trigger for me now.

Weird, it's been over 2 months since I "quit".
                                                                                            Last edited by Ste05; 20-02-10, 22:51.

Comment

Tbh I do consider myself gay, though (FML), I've not had any sex since 1996(year, not time). Mmm, thats gonna look like a level to the nth degree.
                                                                                              1996!! and I thought is was bad for us married/long term relationship guys!! FYL is right

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

1996!! and I thought is was bad for us married/long term relationship guys!! FYL is right
                                                                                                    Yeah, I was considering doing something as a 10th year anniversary. Don't even fancy myself anymore.

Comment

...

Comment

btw what is the tradition for a 500th post around here?!!!
                                                                                                        This bad boy could be a bit tired at this stage:

.

Comment

You're the first one, so you've just started the "ask what to do with your 500th post" tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                            _H_ /___\ \888/~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~U~^~^~^~^~^~^ ~^ ~ | ~ o | ~ ___ o | _,.--,.'` `~'-.._ O | /_ .-" _ /_\'. | ~ .-';' (( ` \0/ `\ # /__; ((_ ,_ | , # .-; \_ / # _#, / ; .-' / _.--""-.\`~` `#(('\\ ~ ;-'; / / .' )) \\ ; /.--'.' (( )) \ | ~ \\ (( \ | )) ` ~ \ | ` \ | jgs .` `""-. .' \ ~ ~ | |\ | \ / '-._| \.'
                                                                                                            Are You in the SE? Temped to make a very drunken visit.

Comment

lol snow everywhere.

Comment

was watching hero's then match of the day when this struck me

Comment

This is plain impressive imo...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxWg0QoNNxA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                    On a different note the newest episode of Spartacus was very good imo, haven't been loving it but that has changed a little.
                                                                                                                    I'm starting to think it could be decent, the last 2 episodes have been great IMO.

Comment

I just saw an ad for the Trocaire fast.

Shay Given comes on and says he's giving up watching sport.
                                                                                                                      Bloody great news for 'pool fans ahead of the game tomorrow.
                                                                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        im watching i now pronounce you chuck and larry. fck me Jessica Biel is the hotness.

what an ass!!

hot womins (or men, whichever you prefer)

funny the hurling match being called off today coz of snow - probably saved money! lol
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                          what an ass!!
                                                                                                                          you forgot the obligatory...

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X