This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    He has been dropped. Hayes plays the other side of the scrum.

Court and Ross were the obvious starters imo
    Hayes can still get it done.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      - Couple of lads put together an email with pictures of what they think are the top 10 hottest employees in the Dublin PWC office (most of the girls are recent graduates / associates)
      - Forward around the office
      - It leaks
      - Now a national news story
      pics or gtfo obv

Comment

Hayes can still get it done.
        Really?

I love the guy, but I think its dreadful form to keep trotting him out when he's past it. I mean, he played every game for Ireland for 5/6 seasons and was a beast.

He's our best lineout lifter by a country mile, but he just doesn't have the pace of the game in him anymore.

I'd absolutely love for him to prove me wrong though.

Comment

- Couple of lads put together an email with pictures of what they think are the top 10 hottest employees in the Dublin PWC office (most of the girls are recent graduates / associates)
          - It leaks
          This is the big issue. Certainly anywhere I've worked there have been these conversations and comparisons on both sides of the gender fence, but conversations as opposed to traceable emails!!
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
            What resolution is the screen?
            2560 x 1600

Comment

- It leaks
              Is the email available for perusal by the general public?

Comment

- It leaks
                As always with these kinds of stories, a great place to find out more info is in After Hours!

Problem nowhere else on the internet where so much noise drowns out any signal though!

Comment

- It leaks
                  can anyonne here get their grubby little hands on the said email

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    pics or gtfo obv
                    I can't get you pics now as I'm in work. Will sort you out later.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      As always with these kinds of stories, a great place to find out more info is in After Hours!

Problem nowhere else on the internet where so much noise drowns out any signal though!
                      After Hours is the worst little corner of the internet IMO.

It's like /b without the occasional bit of wit.

Full of droolers, trolls and other assorted wankstains.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        loads of excercise.
                        Personally I'd have a few spliffs
                        That's what I'd usually do but I'm staying at home for a week while my apartments being finished so no go.

Comment

Quick reminder that we're having a football match for IPBers before the tourney on Saturday.

Thread is here if you haven't signed up yet.
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Really?

I love the guy, but I think its dreadful form to keep trotting him out when he's past it. I mean, he played every game for Ireland for 5/6 seasons and was a beast.

He's our best lineout lifter by a country mile, but he just doesn't have the pace of the game in him anymore.

I'd absolutely love for him to prove me wrong though.
                            There are two different conversations to be had here:

- what are our best current options?
                            - what do our best current options say about how we have managed this world cup cycle?

Hayes starting on Saturday doesn't annoy me in terms of the former, but it makes me absolutely furious when it comes to the latter.

Very simply, we are now paying the price for the calendar year 2009. England and France spent two years after the last world cup approaching the whole thing completely differently to us - and they will reap the benefits in New Zealand next year.

I'm really pissed off about this whole topic, and will go into detail later.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Remind me why the current speculative price matters a damn when we are not borrowing for the next 6 months?
                              it's an indicator that the market will not fund us at any price when we make our <adopts Lenihan voice> 'return to the markets'

so either we (a) cut our spending to what we take in via income, or (b) tap the EFSF

(c) will follow and that is default.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                the money you've available save when young is going to insignificent compared to when older.

and the enjoyment from it so much higher, i think it's a terrible stage in life to try to be frugal.
                                I don't necessarily mean be frugal but I don't see why it should be a race to zero for my bank account every week. Surely any surplus money i.e. money left over after enjoying the shit out of your week would be better off not sitting in a current account earning zero interest. I have an online savings account but from what I recall, that's only earning 2.5% and considering there appears to be better options out there, I don't see what I shouldn't try investigate them.

Comment

any links to the said email.

i wanna rate them my self,rearrange the email and send it back to PWC and tell them that they got the order wrong,they should be ashamed of them selfs.

Comment

I really want this day to end having a fucking stinker of a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                      any links to the said email.

i wanna rate them my self,rearrange the email and send it back to PWC and tell them that they got the order wrong,they should be ashamed of them selfs.
                                      they're accountants Gholi, I doubt they'll be much to look at!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        You'd be surprised, I know far too many young people who work for PWC and the likes, in fact I heavily suspect that a few of them were probably behind this type of shenanigans, I will investigate...
                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

On the contrary, one of the larger accountancy firms puts their staff up where I work and by God I've nearly fallen down so many steps seeing them heading to the gym in the evenings! Not that I've been searching them out.

Comment

use to work for HP my self and PWC had an office in the same bulding as us.

we shared the same canteen and stuff and i have to say ,some of the girls i saw there were really the shit.
                                            very unlike HP where they had a policy by which if you were half decent looking GTFO.

Comment

Easy now.......

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

use to work for HP my self and PWC had an office in the same bulding as us.

we shared the same canteen and stuff and i have to say ,some of the girls i saw there were really the shit.
                                                  very unlike HP where they had a policy by which if you were half decent looking GTFO.
                                                  Is that HP in Leixlip Gholi?

Comment

HOLY OMAHA SHIT

Poker Stars $50.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 6 players - View hand 1018528
                                                    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $123.60
                                                    BB: $200.10
                                                    UTG: $395.90
                                                    MP: $79.15
                                                    Hero (CO): $288.40
                                                    BTN: $47.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is CO with 7 A J A
                                                    UTG raises to $2, 1 fold, Hero calls $2, BTN raises to $9.35, 1 fold, BB calls $8.85, UTG raises to $40.25, Hero raises to $140.30, BTN calls $37.65 all in, BB raises to $200, UTG calls $159.75, Hero calls $59.70

Flop: ($647.25) 4 A K (4 players - 1 is all in)
                                                    UTG bets $195.80, Hero calls $88.40 all in

Turn: ($824.05) K (4 players - 2 are all in)

River: ($824.05) J (4 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: $824.05
                                                    BB shows 8 T T 8
                                                    UTG shows 8 4 Q K
                                                    Hero shows 7 A J A
                                                    BTN shows 9 5 7 6
                                                    Hero wins $824.05
                                                    (Rake: $2.60)

Last edited by Tremolo1; 10-11-10, 16:23.

Comment

I have said email. Some pretty ladies alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                        Okay, well as long as we're talking about specifics finally. The actual answer is that all an inverted yield curve normally means is that the economy is expected to contract in the future. This may lead to default, of course, but is vastly more common as a predictor of a normal recession.

Seriously lad, read your CFA books! That's bonds 101

I was talking about actual yields in my reply to strewel, not the structure of the curve. Regurgitating academic definitions in response seems pointless.

The point about inversion is that this is what happened to Greece before they went kablammo. It's happening to us too. We'll be in the EFSF by the end of April - agree?

Comment

so leave a comment under the article and say so

his predictive record is pretty good, better than 90% of the twats who pass for 'commentators' in this land

wait until the next set of bank interims come out, the 'retail deposits' notes to the accounts will make fascinating reading

also, AIB senior CDS just went through 1,000bps. Kind of supports my hypothesis (which McW stole )
                                                          How come..?

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                          Pretty sure it depends on the interest rate and your discounted preference for money defined by the Euler Equation, something like,

u'(C1)=B(1+R)u'(C2)

I think this is along the lines of the answer, its been a while though so I can't remember really and its probably a simplified version of it,

so PL isn't wrong to say utility of income isn't always more important in the present, but it can become less important depending on the opportunity cost of not saving etc
                                                          Can you make this as simplify this so even I can understand...
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            I have said email. Some pretty ladies alright.
                                                            Link please

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Is that HP in Leixlip Gholi?
                                                              no but i actually use to live out in Leixlip,you from around there?

Comment

I can send it on to anyone that wants it when I get home, as it is too awkward to do all that from my phone. Pm me with email addresses if you want a copy. It is standard work id type photos though in case anyone had it in their head it was a but saucier.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                  How come..?
                                                                  because deposits (the life blood of a bank) are fleeing the Irish banking system due to lack of trust in the banks (and, by extension,the State)

Comment

no but i actually use to live out in Leixlip,you from around there?
                                                                    Nah I was just looking at a position they were advertising and wondering if you had worked with them...

Comment

I'm a PLO fish but wtf was the BB doing getting a full tank in pre here?

even 4-way, has to be a massively -EV spot

Comment

Comment

What are the implications for peoples' debts with the Irish banks in the case they go busto lads?

Does anything about the current situation make it a good time to borrow if you can get the facility?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Plough View Post
                                                                            That's what I'd usually do but I'm staying at home for a week while my apartments being finished so no go.
                                                                            hot bath hot cup of tea
                                                                            stand up really quick once finshed the latter
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

because deposits (the life blood of a bank) are fleeing the Irish banking system due to hysteria being stoked up that we will leave the Euro
                                                                              FYP
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I was just thinking, would it be good to have a IPB player of the month? Just think it might be a good idea. We dont even need to vote, just have the mods do it. Just an idea.

Comment

Hopefully we will be borrowing from the EFSF soon as then we'll be borrowing at a certain rate of interest, and a lowish rate - 5% instead of maybe 8%. That isn't bankruptcy, under any definition of bankruptcy.
                                                                                  ask any market participant if Ireland is bankrupt and see what they tell you

at least you agree that we'll be 'borrowing from the EFSF soon'. This entails total loss of sovereignty (in the economic realm). The only reason an EU state would do this is the fact that they can't borrow from the markets i.e. insolvency. No amount of arsing around with technical definitions will mask this.

by the way, the EFSF rate won't be 5%. It'll be well above that (pesky Greeks got first mover advantage there). Here's a good explanation why.

Comment

FYP
                                                                                    it's always good to be ahead of the curve

when McWilliams openly mentions it in the national media, you can bet your ass there'll be thousands of punters at home tonight worriedly discussing it with their other halves. Some of them will act on their fears.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                      I was just thinking, would it be good to have a IPB player of the month? Just think it might be a good idea. We dont even need to vote, just have the mods do it. Just an idea.
                                                                                      Would have to be Gholi this month.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...

Comment

it's always good to be ahead of the curve

when McWilliams openly mentions it in the national media, you can bet your ass there'll be thousands of punters at home tonight worriedly discussing it with their other halves. Some of them will act on their fears.
                                                                                          My point exactly.
                                                                                          And the chances of us being out of the Euro this time next year are ... ?

Comment

The correct answer to this question as hotspur alluded to a few days ago is:

Goodbye NLH
                                                                                            Hello PLO

Comment

And this is historic data on six inverted yield curves in the US (where the curve dips below zero) - obviously the US went 'kablammo' each time the curves inverted and went bankrupt

Hardly a fair comparison, the USA really is too big to fail (plus they can just print more $$$$$ - like they're doing right now. We can't.)

stop obsessing about the damn inverted yield curve anyway - we're shut out of the markets (both practically and by choice). The game is up.

Comment

My point exactly.
                                                                                                And the chances of us being out of the Euro this time next year are ... ?
                                                                                                I was talking to another IPB'er about this earlier, euro exit is not the greatest risk for deposit holders - the greater risks are a run on the banks and\or the banks themselves going busto, Lehmans style. Then it's mad max time.

the State stands behind the banks but the State has no capacity to actually pay up if the guarantee is called upon. Why would you leave your money in insolvent banks in an insolvent State? It's an unacceptable risk.

(don't get me wrong, I fervently hope that my fears are not realised)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                  I have no idea how people are getting on anymore really - so I certainly could not judge such a thing (it it could be judged that is).

Comment

Originally posted by Gaylord View Post
                                                                                                    no disrespect to Gholi but its only the 10th and he's had 1 big scoop and a couple of smaller ones (maybe they were last month?) - and did some guy called david not scoop big twice already this month?

and Im sure the winners of JP WSOP would have a say

what about Sean Prenderville? maybe that was last month

Anyway no point in deciding until the end of the month

edit - also you'd have to make it realitive. Player A winning 5k may not be the same as player B winning 5k

Comment

This is what you get when you buy tobacco in Oz, nice.

Comment

...

Comment

Equity against purely AA** x 2 is decent:
                                                                                                          Hand Equity Wins Ties
                                                                                                          ThTc8h8s 40.74% 244,069 785
                                                                                                          AA** 29.68% 90,331 175,452
                                                                                                          AA** 29.58% 89,740 175,489

but really this:

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                          The correct answer to this question as hotspur alluded to a few days ago is:

Goodbye NLH
                                                                                                          Hello PLO

Comment

no disrespect to Gholi but its only the 10th and he's had 1 big scoop and a couple of smaller ones (maybe they were last month?) - and did some guy called david not scoop big twice already this month?

and Im sure the winners of JP WSOP would have a say

what about Sean Prenderville? maybe that was last month

Anyway no point in deciding until the end of the month

edit - also you'd have to make it realitive. Player A winning 5k may not be the same as player B winning 5k
                                                                                                            I don't see why it has to be just tournaments...

Comment

Originally posted by Gaylord View Post
                                                                                                              Yeh or NicoSanty would be there

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                I can send it on to anyone that wants it when I get home, as it is too awkward to do all that from my phone. Pm me with email addresses if you want a copy. It is standard work id type photos though in case anyone had it in their head it was a but saucier.
                                                                                                                I have it to if anyone wants it......

One of the lines in one of the emails is "FYI..... New Clunge." You have to tip your hat to that fella!

Comment

How about we put a bet on for something to happen in the next year, just to keep us interested? (if you want)

Things I'd be interested in:

- Good odds on us not borrowing from the EFSF in the next 12 months

- Over/under on GNP or GDP next year
                                                                                                                  on the first one, I think we will tap the EFSF (or some other equivalent bailout mechanism) within the next 12 months. What odds will you offer against this?

second one is tougher - GDP could quite conceivably grow while banks\state go busto! I'll pass on this as our GDP numbers are so skewed by FDI.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                                                                                                    I don't see why it has to be just tournaments...
                                                                                                                    easier to quantify tournament success I suppose rather than cash. Although with HEM it wouldnt be too hard.

plus cash is boring - binking tournaments gets you teh bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                                      How come..?

Can you make this as simplify this so even I can understand...
                                                                                                                      I wrote out a big long thing and deleted it by mistake, now i want to kill myself. Ill try again quickly though.

u'(C1) is satisfaction (utility) from consuming something today
                                                                                                                      u'(C2) is satisfaction from consuming something tomorrow
                                                                                                                      R is the interest rate
                                                                                                                      We like to consume stuff today because none of us can delay gratification so we have higher satisfaction from not waiting.

The B term captures this, its called the discount factor, its between 0 and 1, the closer to 0 it is, the more we prefer consuming stuff now.

The formula is called the "pain vs gain" condition. We don't like delaying consumption but because we can invest and gain loadsa munzos tomorrow, we don't mind doing it.

So....when B(how much we want something now) is greater than 1+r our utility of spending today is higher than saving
                                                                                                                      When B<1+r our utility of all the money we'll get tomorrow is higher than spending today so we save

When B=1+r we are equally happy to spend in either period so we split our spending

The permanent income hypothesis says that we'll try to spread our consumption equally across all periods

Hope that was helpful, not confusing and i didn't explain it too badly

Comment

easier to quantify tournament success I suppose rather than cash. Although with HEM it wouldnt be too hard.

plus cash is boring - binking tournaments gets you teh bitches
                                                                                                                        PTR could be used aswell. Only luckbox's do well in donkaments

Comment

lol, I scored one of the hottest birds in PwC when I was on work placement there a good few years ago. Wonder if she was on the list? Note: not a shameless brag, I was like 'eh wat, are you sure?' as it was goin' on!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X