X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Interesting

10 million emails sent in 3 seconds but only 100,000 google searches in 3 seconds. Thought it would have been the other way around
    Really? but you can send multiple emails simultaneously,spam and stuff.The food one is very interesting/scary.
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dwimc4cvUmQ[/ame]

Comment

Anywhere online you can buy tickets for the FAI CUp final or reserve them or something? ANyone know if itll be easy enough to get in on the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Gaylord View Post
          Really? but you can send multiple emails simultaneously,spam and stuff.The food one is very interesting/scary.
          road deaths and suicides running close In this country I think suicides are in front, although if you include suicide druvers, it's way in front

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
            Anywhere online you can buy tickets for the FAI CUp final or reserve them or something? ANyone know if itll be easy enough to get in on the day?
            Ticketmaster have neutral tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
              shiiiiit.... I only ever watched the start of that! epic!
              http://mobro.co/zuroph
              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                road deaths and suicides running close In this country I think suicides are in front, although if you include suicide druvers, it's way in front
                Yeah, driving you're car/van into the canal or sea seems to be the new connecting a pipe to your exhaust for a bit of CO.
                Last edited by ComradeCollie; 09-11-10, 22:13.
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Interesting

10 million emails sent in 3 seconds but only 100,000 google searches in 3 seconds. Thought it would have been the other way around
                  A very large part of that would be accounted for accounted for by spam. Estimates vary between 85% and 99% of traffic being spam
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                    It's a wake up call all the same.
                    Jesus David, you crazy bastard!
                    Here was me thinking you were a quiet lad.

Seriously though, I don't know you that well but we've chatted a good bit and i'm guessing this was totally out of character for you.
                    Fair play for deciding to quit the booze, wise move imo.

Just a suggestion if you haven't done so already, well worth an hour of your time to head into the hospital and apoligise to the people who were looking after you. They've a tough job and i'm sure it'd be appreciated.
                    It'll make you feel a hell of alot better too.

Take care my man!
                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Seems that Pokerstars charged me $20 juice to buy €770.

-$1087.50

That sucks.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      Just any reputable bank that offers an index fund (not an actively traded fund) that is geographically well spread (ideally tracking something like the MSCI world index).

E.g. on first glance, something like this looks fine, although the fact that they don't say the fees anywhere on their website is presumably because they are Irish-style high:

As the famous recent analogy on the cost of some investment funds goes:
                      Thank you.
                      (Wish I had a time machine now )

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your BOI experience. I should've been a bit more specific when I said investing. I wasn't talking about a particular stock more like a portfolio with a mix of cash, stock, bonds, real estate, etc.

For someone in their mid twenties, it pays to be more aggressive in terms of having a greater proportion of your net worth invested in stocks (usually >50%). When I say stocks I don't mean BOI, AIB , Ryanair etc. I mean something like an exchange traded fund (etf) of the S&P 500, an emerging markets etf and maybe something like an etf for the Dow Jones Eurostoxx 50 to represent Europe. ETFs are an easy way of obtaining diversification which lowers risk. They basically track the overall performance of the index rather than just a single stock.

The portfolio mix will become more conservative as you become older i.e. a progressively greater weighting towards bonds, cash and real estate. Obviously this is just a general approach and the specifics would depend on the individual's circumstances.

Anyhow, that's my understanding of it from what I've learned in college and picked up in books. Hopefully, it's not woeful advice!

Very True. Obv I'm not an expert or nowhere near it. I just know a lot of the theory and would love the opportunity to practice it (i.e a job in the area)!

Buy "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" and absorb the info. Everybody should have this book.
                      Thanks, I wasn't referring to you by the way!

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                      http://www.worldometers.info/ this is pretty cool, real time statistics about the world.
                      Read a couple of articles a while ago that state that the first person who will live to 150 years of age has already been born.

Kind of find it hard to get my head around.
                      Obviously life expectancy has increased over time but at what point will the body just be unable to go any further regardless of better living.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Loving the youtube comments.

"Dude be careful there's a black guy in your room."

Comment

Someone just sent me this, might be a repost but had a good laugh at it.

1.)Go to Google maps. (2.) Go to get directions. (3.) Type Japan as
                          starting location. (4.) Type China as endlocation. (5.) Look at
                          direction #43.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post

Read a couple of articles a while ago that state that the first person who will live to 150 years of age has already been born.

Obviously life expectancy has increased over time but at what point will the body just be unable to go any further regardless of better living.
                            only a few more left for him to reach it as well, all hail tony Stewelpeter

Comment

Christ I hope im the 150 year old.
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Read a couple of a while ago that state that the first person who will live to 150 years of age has already been born.

Shure if we hadn't been smoking like chimneys, and drinking like we do we'd a been there years ago

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXsDk96nh-U[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTt1RioJUjA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Seems that Pokerstars charged me $20 juice to buy €770.

-$1087.50

That sucks.
                                  How did you deposit?

Comment

Man speeding in imitation Garda car while drunk

A MAN WITH an “unhealthy fascination” with Garda equipment was caught speeding in an imitation Garda car around the city centre while drunk, Dublin Circuit Criminal Court has heard.

Ciarán Farrelly (34), Maplewood Drive, Tallaght, Dublin, was rejected when he tried to join the Garda at 19.

He developed an interest in Garda equipment, buying several patrol cars at Garda auctions over the years. He has four previous convictions including one for possession of nearly 400 ecstasy tablets.

He was arrested by gardaí last year in a car which had been fitted with a siren and flashing lights as well as antennas similar to those on unmarked Garda cars.

Farrelly was banned from driving for two years and fined €2,000. Judge Katherine Delahunt also ordered a report to assess if he was suitable for community service. He pleaded guilty to impersonating a garda, dangerous driving and drunk driving in Dublin city centre on June 6th, 2009.

Garda Sgt Paul Talon told Elva Duffy, prosecuting, that he was in an unmarked patrol vehicle on Lower Mount Street when he saw a navy estate car travelling at high speed towards him with sirens coming from it. He was unsure if it was an official Garda car and turned around to follow it as it passed him.

He saw the car break a red light and drive on the wrong side of the road, causing people to jump out of the way.

The car eventually stopped on Baggot Street and Sgt Talon found Farrelly in the driver’s seat with another man in the passenger seat. The men had a “five cell mag light”, a flashlight similar to those issued to gardaí, and there was a strong smell of alcohol in the car.

Sgt Talon said a siren and flashing lights had been fitted to the car but the lights were not functional.

Farrelly was arrested and interviewed.

He said he had bought the car in England and that he had bought several ex-Garda or police cars over the years in Britain and Ireland. However, the car he was driving on the night had never been a Garda vehicle.

Farrelly said he had put on the siren because he was “hammered drunk” and was showing off to his friends.

He said he was very sorry and had no sinister purpose in having the equipment.

Colm Ó Briain, defending, said Farrelly admitted he had a childish and unhealthy interest in Garda items but he had since abandoned this. He said his client had a long work history and was involved in the upbringing of his 13-year-old daughter, who lived in Northern Ireland with her mother.

Judge Delahunt told Farrelly he was “very lucky” gardaí did not believe he had the equipment for some other purpose.

She put the matter back until February to see if he was deemed suitable for carrying out community service.
                                    Bless him.
                                    Someone call Jim'll fix it

-----------------
                                    Son Hears Of Family's Murder On Facebook
                                    Link

This is awful. Have to figure it's the way things are going to go.

Police are investigating the gruesome murder of a couple and their daughter in South Australia after their son heard about the deaths via Facebook.

The bodies of Andrew and Rose Rowe and their 16-year-old daughter Chantelle were found in a house in Kapunda, near Adelaide.

They had suffered multiple injuries and local media reports say officers found a large amount of blood inside the property.

Mr and Mrs Rowe's son Christopher was on holiday in Queensland at the time and heard that bodies had been found in the street where they lived.

He used Facebook to ask friends for information.

"Can someone tell me what's going on? That's my parents' street," he wrote on his page on the social networking site.

"My family lives on that street and I can't get through to any of them."

He was initially told it was not his parents' house that was involved, but the police then got in touch to confirm the tragic news.

The bodies were discovered on Monday and after examining the scene detectives confirmed they were looking for one or more killers.

Detective Supt Grant Moyle said "I ask the public to be vigilant in their safety.

"There are many unknown aspects of this scene and the examination and processing of the scene is going to take some time.

"This is a small community and I'd also ask if any member of this community or others passing through the area saw anything unusual in the township or on the roadways to and from Kapunda to contact police as soon as possible."

The Adelaide Advertiser reported that police have found a trail of blood outside the house and have been searching nearby properties for other clues.
                                    ---------------

Also, it turns out Ireland is fine:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA6iBKc0O0E&feature=share[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                      How did you deposit?
                                      Via moneybookers into their € denominated account.

Trying to get some cash out of my $ moneybookers into €.

Would depositing it into the $ pokerstars account and moving it over to the € account on pokerstars work better?

Comment

That's definitely my pension fucked if it's me, is it possible to live on €5 a week?
                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Of course.

1. Buy two lines in the Euromillions draw + one winning streak card = €5.
                                          2. Profit.

Comment

Via moneybookers into their € denominated account.

Trying to get some cash out of my $ moneybookers into €.

Would depositing it into the $ pokerstars account and moving it over to the € account on pokerstars work better?
                                            Reputable sites dont charge for deposits.

Your charges are simply the moneybookers currency conversions at their rates.

Comment

Actually screw what I said about waiting. The second walk dead was excellent, I'm liking the pace of it so far.
                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                That's definitely my pension fucked if it's me, is it possible to live on €5 a week?
                                                come december 7th, we'll all find out.
                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Thats brilliant!!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                    Reputable sites dont charge for deposits.

Your charges are simply the moneybookers currency conversions at their rates.
                                                    Should have known.

Originally posted by moneybookers
                                                    For transactions involving currency conversion Moneybookers adds 1.99% to our wholesale exchange rates for foreign currency
                                                    What a jip.

Comment

this facebook status update going around is probably the saddest one Ive read yet.
                                                      ok I'm finally with Raoul now, we are fucked. wtf sigh

if you pass the NORTH KOREAN border illegally, you get 12 yrs hard labour.If you pass the AFGHAN BORDER illegally, You GET SHOT! But if you pass the IRISH BORDER illegally you get a job, a drivers licence, a place to live, housing benefit, welfare, health care, free education, child benefit...NEED I CARRY ON? THIS COUNTRY'S A ...JOKE!!! PUT THIS AS YOUR STATUS IF YOU AGREE!!... NO WONDER WE ARE A COUNTRY IN DEBT..

Comment

Its good to spike a 2 outer on the river He did set up on the flop in fairness. 29/297 in the 18k guar on ipoker.... too early to use it yet

Comment

mena suvaris ass is unfuckingbelievable

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6WI-tLBUeQ[/ame]

Comment

Newsnight interviewing Lenihan now in a pece they introduced as being about our strategy of Quantative Cheesing
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                              this facebook status update going around is probably the saddest one Ive read yet.
                                                              ok I'm finally with Raoul now, we are fucked. wtf sigh

if you pass the NORTH KOREAN border illegally, you get 12 yrs hard labour.If you pass the AFGHAN BORDER illegally, You GET SHOT! But if you pass the IRISH BORDER illegally you get a job, a drivers licence, a place to live, housing benefit, welfare, health care, free education, child benefit...NEED I CARRY ON? THIS COUNTRY'S A ...JOKE!!! PUT THIS AS YOUR STATUS IF YOU AGREE!!... NO WONDER WE ARE A COUNTRY IN DEBT..

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                Newsnight interviewing Lenihan now in a pece they introduced as being about our strategy of Quantative Cheesing
                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErsXKjgy9Ds&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjkzbCkZEuQ[/ame]
                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

A program on RTE1 - Bright Young Things: Growing Up Gifted In Ireland.

Young genius featured got 4 As and 6 Bs in his Junior Cert.

My niece got 3 As and 7 Bs and was very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post

I'd be amazed if you could not select your own seat at a FAI Cup Final in the Aviva.

2005 Drogheda v's Cork City 24500 attendance
                                                                      2006 Derry v's St Patricks Athletic 16000.

Other than that it has been mostly around 10000 in the past 10 years.

So should be no problem. Probably a bit of novelty as Shamrocks have not won it since 1987 & Sligo since 1994. I'd be very surprised if there were over 25000 there.

Comment

Really liking this song atm

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk&feature=related[/ame]

Their 2 voices are so alike it was a perfect song choice for him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR6iwgTmvys&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                          Christ I hope im the 150 year old.

there won't be any old age pension then........

Comment

I heard this on the radio while driving today and it brought a smile.

Hadn't heard it for years. It's a good tune but it was moreso the nostalgia that nabbed me. Saw them a couple of times live back in the day and they were always good value.
                                                                            A quality Irish tune for the older lads in here!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlcSZotpAhE[/ame]
                                                                            Last edited by dannydiamond; 09-11-10, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                              I'd be amazed if you could not select your own seat at a FAI Cup Final in the Aviva.

2005 Drogheda v's Cork City 24500 attendance
                                                                              2006 Derry v's St Patricks Athletic 16000.

Other than that it has been mostly around 10000 in the past 10 years.

So should be no problem. Probably a bit of novelty as Shamrocks have not won it since 1987 & Sligo since 1994. I'd be very surprised if there were over 25000 there.

27,000 have already been sold and Rovers have asked for more from their allocation so I'd say it will be 35,000 or so.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh-FYmzhMyE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

attacked by the old trojan horse "backdoor hackdoor" earlier on

i have now got it quarantined

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I could kill a fucking penguin

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                        A program on RTE1 - Bright Young Things: Growing Up Gifted In Ireland.

Young genius featured got 4 As and 6 Bs in his Junior Cert.

My niece got 3 As and 7 Bs and was very disappointed.
                                                                                        No genius worth their salt would get top grades in something like the Junior Cert, they would be way too bored of the curriculum which should be understimulating for them imo.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          No genius worth their salt would get top grades in something like the Junior Cert, they would be way too bored of the curriculum which should be understimulating for them imo.
                                                                                          I'd say that's what happened to me.

Comment

my problem exactly

Comment

i can relate to this
                                                                                              and the same goes for the leaving cert

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gaylord View Post
                                                                                                I'd say that's what happened to me.
                                                                                                Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                my problem exactly
                                                                                                Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                i can relate to this

Your usernames suggest that this may not have been where you went wrong.

Comment

lol Ben Roberts

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                    27,000 have already been sold and Rovers have asked for more from their allocation so I'd say it will be 35,000 or so.

Delighted to see that for the domestic game, I was at the cup final in 1968 Shamrock Rovers v's Waterford in Dalymount Park in front of 37000 fans. LOI needs a good Shamrock Rovers & in fairness Sligo always had a good following

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                      lol Ben Roberts
                                                                                                      LOL indeed

4 handed blinds are 10k/20k

Gus Hansen makes it 55k from the CO with 99
                                                                                                      Ben Roberts makes it 145k from the SB with JJ
                                                                                                      Hansen has about 1m and ships
                                                                                                      Roberts tanks with 210k left and folds

Dear oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                        Van der Goal. Glad I didnt ship him out now
                                                                                                        dont watch matches, but this seems a good bet.... if your doing first goalscorer bets PAddy Power shops are paying Double the odds should your bet score in the first 15 minutes. got a text about it today, pity it doesnt apply online though

Comment

LOL indeed

4 handed blinds are 10k/20k

Gus Hansen makes it 55k from the CO with 99
                                                                                                          Ben Roberts makes it 145k from the SB with JJ
                                                                                                          Hansen has about 1m and ships
                                                                                                          Roberts tanks with 210k left and folds

Dear oh dear
                                                                                                          fk off no way

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                            lol Ben Roberts
                                                                                                            is there poker on tv atm?
                                                                                                            anyone know if the PAD PLO was even played yet or whens it showing

Comment

Just found this, how appropriate...

Protest against Garda violence tomorrow...

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                              You'd be able to earn a bit from promotional gigs though.

"150 year old says he eats/smokes/drinks [insert unhealthy product here] every day and that's what's kept him young-at-heart."
                                                                                                              It'll be common by then, I'm working on an e-book regarding how I'm living to 150.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsgIEBwIZM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrsgIEBwIZM[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by NObrainNOtumour View Post
                                                                                                                  is there poker on tv atm?
                                                                                                                  anyone know if the PAD PLO was even played yet or whens it showing
                                                                                                                  Poker Million on SS2

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                    i can relate to this
                                                                                                                    sure us poker players are all genii lol i remeber in 4th year aptitude i was top 1% in 3 things and top 5% in another 2 of about 8 categories... why am i on the dole!

Comment

It'll be common by then, I'm working on an e-book regarding how I'm living to 150.
                                                                                                                      Its been done:

you're like the lad who invented 7 minute abs
                                                                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mioHO4hoM[/ame]

Comment

Anyone interested in a turbo WW? we'd need at least 7.

5 minute days and 5 minute nights,starting when ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                          Its been done:

you're like the lad who invented 7 minute abs
                                                                                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mioHO4hoM
                                                                                                                          Ah cmon on. The feat of living to 150 over 100 is a lot more than the difference between 8 minute abs and 7 minute abs.

I also offer a money back guarantee.

*If you don't live to 150, I will give you your money back.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X