This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    I got my new fancy financial calculator today from Amazon (for CFA)

I whipped it out of the packaging all excited to try out the functions. First thing I notice is that the screen says BAL = 1,227,705,192

So naturally I start pressing buttons to make the damn thing clear and go back to zero, nothing happens. I read through the first chapter of the manual trying to work out what to do. I try all the available function and second function keys. Nothing works, display is stuck. I curse the manufacturer quite heartily.

After 45 minutes I work out that the 'display' is actually a stuck on piece of protective plastic.
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Is there ANY budget speech Lenihan could deliver that would get bids back down to under 6%?
      "Ceann Comhairle, Teachtai Dala - I resign"
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Is there ANY budget speech Lenihan could deliver that would get bids back down to under 6%?
        "the Irish Republic is no more, all heil Furher Michael O'Leary"
        Last edited by Emmet; 09-11-10, 15:32. Reason: IPhone mistakes

Comment

Went to court, represented myself, pleaded guilty, gave in my evidence, guard agrees, struck out. No points and no fine. Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
            Went to court, represented myself, pleaded guilty, gave in my evidence, guard agrees, struck out. No points and no fine. Happy days
            ship

why was it struck out?

Comment

We'd be better of in the ESF and we'd be better off defaulting. Same way as a punter in serious negative equity would be better off refusing to work and going bankrupt when they amend the bankruptcy laws.

You can't start again until you've definitively dealt with the past. So the sooner the rates rise up and blow us out of the market the better.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                the sooner the rates rise up and blow us out of the market the better.
                we're there dude!

Comment

Fair enough. ESF it is. *Shrugs.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    ship

why was it struck out?
                    I had 56 days to pay it, 28 at €80, then the rest at €120 I think. But 56th day was the June bank holiday and I went in the next day to pay it but was too late. I kept the receipt showing I attempted to and showed it to the guard at the start and he took it in as part of his evidence and she instantly stricked it out.

Its and amusing enough way to spend an afternoon!! Listening to about 30 excuses of why stuff and lads even get off with trying to grow canabis!!

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                      Pretty cool video about not talking to the cops in America, the 5th Amendement, etc

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'd love to Get Kayroo's [or anybody who knows about this issue] opinion on relevance of this advice in Ireland etc?
                      It's fascinating from an American point of view but that piece of advice in Ireland would be insane.

In Ireland there are numerous circumstances when you must answer questions put to you by a Garda (name, etc) and other circumstances where failure to answer questions gives the court the power to draw inferences from your silence.

A number of lawyers, myself included, are incredibly uncomfortable with these laws but they are constitutionally tested and exist in a large number of cases.

If a Garda tells you that, pursuant to a particular section that they must inform you of, you must answer their question then you must answer their question. Simple as.
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Prick.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

ESF?

Comment

ESF?
                            EFSF

Comment

ESF?
                              European Stabilisation Fund
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

we're there dude!
                                Calm yourself i'm sure we'll drag it out for another while. There isn't one thing that has happened that hasn't taken 5 times longer then it should have.
                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

European Stabilisation Fund
                                  European Financial Stability Facility

same idea though

Comment

Calm yourself i'm sure we'll drag it out for another while. There isn't one thing that has happened that hasn't taken 5 times longer then it should have.
                                    ah yeah, I know

the 4 year plan and the budget are the current focus

then we will get the ridic pantomine about 'our return to the bond markets'

cue consternation when it becomes apparent there's no appetite for our debt at any price. We tap EFSF. Government falls.

I'm on the record as saying April

Comment

Yeah panic over. The serenity of the worst that can happen over the next few years to wash over us and we'll survive. It won't be pretty but we can start the rebuild then.

Sinn fein may emerge as big winners from this btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                        Anyone played Black Ops yet? Is it as good as all the hype suggests...may get a copy later.
                                        What type of game is it? Is it a FPS, if so what is supposedly so special about it? All FPS look the same to me tbh, there has to be something I'm missing, but I never got why Halo for example stood out above any others
                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Given our track record as a nation, we the people are just about stupid enough to put the Fascists in.

This would be a good time to fall into a coma for maybe 3 - 5 years.
                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-11-10, 15:55.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

European Financial Stability Facility

same idea though

Pedant.

Comment

ah yeah, I know

the 4 year plan and the budget are the current focus

then we will get the ridic pantomine about 'our return to the bond markets'

cue consternation when it becomes apparent there's no appetite for our debt at any price. We tap EFSF. Government falls.

I'm on the record as saying April
                                              Mystic Meg! I've been premature on everything I can't believe how slow it has been. I thought it was obvious what needed to be done and the clear benefits of early action plusp I couldn't conceive of the stupidity of the powers that be.

Comment

anybody recommend a good desktop management tool?
                                                Follow us on Twitter
                                                Follow us on Facebook

Comment

LOL. Waste of everyones time. You should have texted someone when the guard was talking. Hold on a sec yer honour till I hit send.

Comment

Is getting charged 14.50 on a €1580 moneybookers cheque standard bank charge that is?
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

So chances of An Punt Nua have increased from the 20% Raoul prediction last week?

What's the likely timeline for such a thing occuring?

Going back to Solskjaers point yesterday, is now the time for me to stop paying my mortgage and quitting my job or should I give it a few more months? I should probably wait to see how my benefits will pan out in the budget at least I guess.
                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                        Going back to Solskjaers point yesterday, is now the time for me to stop paying my mortgage and quitting my job or should I give it a few more months?
                                                        only if you have no other assets

if you do have assets, liquidate them and hide the cash - you want to be demonstrably insolvent before executing this 'plan'. Get your cash offshore and enjoy a year of rent-free living in your own house. Then emigrate.

Comment

trying to avoid spoilers for the WSOP and just got a mail from Poker Table Ratings with the subject
                                                          "who is (one of the November 9)?"

Think I could have been spoilered, hope not.

Comment

The next major trend to emerge out of this situation will be deposit flight (for the middle classes, all the big boys have had their money out long ago). This is already happening but has managed to stay under the radar. Within the next two months, it will become the hot topic of middle-class consciousness.

watch this space

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                              trying to avoid spoilers for the WSOP and just got a mail from Poker Table Ratings with the subject
                                                              "who is (one of the November 9)?"

Think I could have been spoilered, hope not.
                                                              That was PTR saying they have identified the online handles of the other 8 but they don't have his name, so its not a spoiler per se but don't open the mail though because it has up to date chip counts and eliminations in it.
                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 09-11-10, 16:25.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The Atomic burger from Eddie Rockets(with Jalapeno Peppers) + 20 minuts of digestion time =

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                  The Atomic burger from Eddie Rockets(with Jalapeno Peppers) + 20 minuts of digestion time =

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q
                                                                  man the fuck up.

Great Burger

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                    Is getting charged 14.50 on a €1580 moneybookers cheque standard bank charge that is?
                                                                    Very unthinly veiled brag. Sounds a bit much to me.

Comment

So everyone is depositing their funds to that online Belgian bank then?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        of course not, that would be unpatriotic.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Rbs was very easy to set up. Having an address here was the clincher though.

I will hold any euro anyone wants transferred out of ireland. I will charge a small holding fee of .3% per annum for this service.

Minimum deposit 5k.

Yours sincerely

Chukwudi
                                                                          Nigeria

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                            That was PTR saying they have identified the online handles of the other 8 but they don't have his name, so its not a spoiler per se but don't open the mail though because it has up to date chip counts and eliminations in it.

too late

Saw who was heads up, that's all

Comment

of course not, that would be unpatriotic.
                                                                              personally I'm buying AIB shares and government bonds

Comment

So chances of An Punt Nua have increased from the 20% Raoul prediction last week?

What's the likely timeline for such a thing occuring?

Going back to Solskjaers point yesterday, is now the time for me to stop paying my mortgage and quitting my job or should I give it a few more months? I should probably wait to see how my benefits will pan out in the budget at least I guess.
                                                                                Now here Iago, I'd never tell a lad to do such a thing. Yer mixing me up with that gaggle of soothsayers Raoul, and Vendetta et al. I say pay yer taxes and yer mortgages and clench the buttocks. Employment is the key . We are a bit like Manu at the moment, we got a good club here but the guys are the top are bleeding us dry. However we have to keep it going on the pitch but it's getting ugly to watch. Our only hope is to keep the arses on the seats and hopefully we'll still be in Europe next season.

And for all you kiddies waiting on Santa.

Comment

Why not just go up north and transfer it to a UK account?

I've 20% in Lloyds and will be moving another 25% to keytrade.

Comment

Keep this in mind the next time you are about to repeat a rumour or spread gossip.

In ancient Greece (469 - 399 BC), Socrates was widely lauded for his wisdom.

One day an acquaintance ran up to him excitedly and said, "Socrates, do you know what I just heard about Diogenes?"

"Wait a moment," Socrates replied, "Before you tell me I'd like you to pass a little test. It's called the Triple Filter Test."
                                                                                    'Triple filter?" asked the acquaintance.

"That's right," Socrates continued, "Before you talk to me about Diogenes let's take a moment to filter what you're going to say. The first filter is Truth. Have you made absolutely sure that what you are about to tell me is true?"

"No," the man said, "Actually I just heard about it."

"All right," said Socrates, "So you don't really know if it's true or not. Now let's try the second filter, the filter of Goodness. Is what you are about to tell me about Diogenes something good?"

"No, on the contrary..."

"So," Socrates continued, "You want to tell me something about Diogenes that may be bad, even though you're not certain it's true?"

The man shrugged, a little embarrassed. Socrates continued, "You may still pass the test though, because there is a third filter, the filter of Usefulness. Is what you want to tell me about Diogenes going to be useful to me?"

"No, not really."

"Well," concluded Socrates, "If what you want to tell me is neither True nor Good nor even useful, why tell it to me or anyone at all?"

The man was bewildered and ashamed. This is an example of why Socrates was a great philosopher and held in such high esteem.

It also explains why Socrates never found out that Diogenes was shagging his wife.

Comment

There will be a HUGE anti Europe, anti govt, anti immigration (blame game) movement in Ireland.
                                                                                      It was in that article the other day and the more I think about it and the more I think about the subtle changes in people's viewpoints/media etc, I think it is a lock to happen
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I have an account with Santander here in Spain. I know Spain isn't exactly the safest of economies but would I be right in thinking Santander is a fairly solid bank?

Comment

Panic panic gunfire.

It's all getting very exciting. Raoul is converting hundreds of minions followers each day.

Read the small print folks! Sounds like Raoul has gone to the darkside.

Scientology!

Comment

...
                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-11-10, 17:26.

Comment

Deadparrot is getting hit with a bukkake of stupid a phrase you came up with? because it's genius imo

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyPowerPoker View Post
                                                                                                  anybody recommend a good desktop management tool?
                                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                                                                    Very unthinly veiled brag. Sounds a bit much to me.
                                                                                                    It was not meant to be a brag. I was just a bit shocked to see the charge when the receipt was posted to me from BOI. The cheque was in Euros but from a German based bank.
                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      Deadparrot is getting hit with a bukkake of stupid a phrase you came up with? because it's genius imo
                                                                                                      it was relevent to my interests
                                                                                                      I'm sure the world wide web has come up with it before, but I claim a moment of inspiration
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

WTF is this really the advice - massive rescession so quit your job. I dont care how bleak things are but that is just retarded and a total disgrace. I would like to enforce a law that will allow the stonogn of people with there own properties if they take this approach. I really hope that is a massive level but we did ask for capitalism and I always understood that to mean that the best guy gets paid most and the more you work the more you gain.
                                                                                                        Now we are kinda capitalist surely this is the risk we take. If we had wanted socialism we could still live in Devaleras protectionist state but fuck that no chance Im trading the chance to achieve.

Comment

PPP

Automatically organize your desktop apps, files, and folders on Windows 10 and 11 with Fences!

I love this software.
                                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                            WTF is this really the advice - massive rescession so quit your job. I dont care how bleak things are but that is just retarded and a total disgrace. I would like to enforce a law that will allow the stonogn of people with there own properties if they take this approach. I really hope that is a massive level but we did ask for capitalism and I always understood that to mean that the best guy gets paid most and the more you work the more you gain.
                                                                                                            Now we are kinda capitalist surely this is the risk we take. If we had wanted socialism we could still live in Devaleras protectionist state but fuck that no chance Im trading the chance to achieve.
                                                                                                            [x] google'd stonogn thinking it was a real thing

Comment

Anyone know of a way to get round bbc iplayer to view it from Ireland? Wanna watch The Trip from last night

Edit: found a dl but query still stands. Cheers

Comment

Where's the airport in Galway, close to the Radisson?
                                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lhf9U5Wf3Q
                                                                                                                    The Atomic Burger from Eddie Rockets(with Jalapeno Peppers) + 2hourse of digestion time

=

SPOILER

Comment

The Atomic Burger from Eddie Rockets(with Jalapeno Peppers) + 2hourse of digestion time

=

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      What? Those things aren't spicy, probably something else going on.

Comment

Can anyone help here: Got a new LG W3000h 30" monitor today, but its only running at half resolution and I cant get it above there. Drivers of it and gfx card are up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                          Where's the airport in Galway, close to the Radisson?
                                                                                                                          8km according to google maps, from memory would have thought it was a lot further out.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X