This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    CHds sense of humour revolves around insults that are so OTT that they can't really be insults. So really he just loves everyone.
    OR he could be just yer typical Chelski fan who really are a nasty bunch. I go for the former.

We have been given leave to needle him by Kev In Real Life.
    I am glad he is banned tbh

Comment

CHds sense of humour revolves around insults that are so OTT that they can't really be insults. So really he just loves everyone.
      OR he could be just yer typical Chelski fan who really are a nasty bunch. I go for the former.

We have been given leave to needle him by Kev In Real Life.
      I blame Kev.CHD banned now.Harshaments.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Roland De Wolfe View Post
        I am glad he is banned tbh
        Seriously, for the interests of everyone who plays the WW games, don't post anywhere on IPB under this account. Dom and Lloyd won't like it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Seriously, for the interests of everyone who plays the WW games, don't post anywhere on IPB under this account. Dom and Lloyd won't like it
          ok

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            what's with all the juvenile insults anyway?
            Good question imo!

CHD banned for 24 hours (he'll probably just be sleeping it off during this period anyway). Loads of pointless rubbish deleted.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              Good question imo!

CHD banned for 24 hours (he'll probably just be sleeping it off during this period anyway). Loads of pointless rubbish deleted.
              Typical scouser.

Ok Im done now FD, chill.

Comment

Good question imo!

CHD has respectfully requested that his ban be reduced to a mere 12 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  It is so he can get stuck into the prestigious WW awards

Comment

He was requested to be banned from 2am-10am on any day that ends in "y"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                      It is so he can get stuck into the prestigious WW awards
                      I understand this matter to be one of his top priorities and his research team his working on it as we speak.

Comment

Good question imo!

Bahhhhh
                        i was enjoying those chd drunkaments
                        allbeit i couldn't give a toss about soccer

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Do you ever sleep CHD?

Oh Morgan Kelly, the grim reaper of all that is grim.

If ever there was an example of a cranky cunt of a man it's him.

Had him as a lecturer for two classes in college. His way or the highway, no room for flexibility. Also managed to convey an incredible sense of self importance with every lecture.

A Scrooge of economists.

Sadly, property economics is his baby, and he definitely knows his shit. That being said, I hate that he is so smug sounding about it all

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Sadly, property economics is his baby, and he definitely knows his shit. That being said, I hate that he is so smug sounding about it all
                            I hate him too

No-one should be allowed to out-doommonger ME

feckin' show-off
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                              Ah, but what about the silver lining?

There are certain subsections of our great land that are doing really well out of this recession lark and we should look towards them for inspiration in these hard times

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/co...e-2410792.html
                              nice. should be getting some extra free pints next time i'm in

Comment

I received this email. I haven't tried it, don't know if it works but if it does it could save lives for drivers

GOOD VISION IN HEAVY RAIN/DOWNPOUR

How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour.

We are not sure why it is so effective; just try this method when it rains heavily. This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it.

It is useful...even driving at night. Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad......

In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model will do) , and miracle! All of a sudden,your visibility in front of your windshield is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain.

Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car, as you are not only helping yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might save your friend's life by giving him this idea..

Try it yourself and share it with your friends!??? Amazing, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling.?

You can see where the rain bounces off the road.? It works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing semi's spraying you too.? Or the "kickup" if you are following a semi or car in the rain.? They ought to teach that little tip in driver's training... It really does work.

This warning is a good one!

I wonder how many people know about this. A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago and totaled her car. A resident of Kilgore , Texas she was travelling between Gladewater & Kilgore...It was raining, though not excessively, when her car suddenly began to hydro-plane and literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very stunned at the sudden occurrence!

When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened he told her something that every driver should know - NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON . She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain..

But the highway patrolman told her that if the cruise control is on when your car begins to hydro-plane and your tires lose contact with the pavement,your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you take off like an airplane. She told the patrolman that was exactly what had occurred.

The patrolman said this warning should be listed, on the driver's seat sun-visor - NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR ICY , along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed - but we don't tell them to use the cruise control only when the pavement is dry.

The only person the accident victim found, who knew this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had a similar accident, totaled his car and sustained severe injuries.

NOTE: Some vehicles (like the Toyota Sienna Limited XLE) will not allow you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on.

Comment

I have to go to court tomorrow for an unpaid fine for using a mobile phone while driving. The court is THE RICHMOND COURTS COMPLEX, NORTH BRUNSWICK STREET, can anyone recommend a solicitor that would represent me at this?

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                    I received this email. I haven't tried it, don't know if it works but if it does it could save lives for drivers

GOOD VISION IN HEAVY RAIN/DOWNPOUR

How to achieve good vision while driving during a heavy downpour.

We are not sure why it is so effective; just try this method when it rains heavily. This method was told by a Police friend who had experienced and confirmed it.

It is useful...even driving at night. Most of the motorists would turn on HIGH or FASTEST SPEED of the wipers during heavy downpour, yet the visibility in front of the windshield is still bad......

In the event you face such a situation, just try your SUN GLASSES (any model will do) , and miracle! All of a sudden,your visibility in front of your windshield is perfectly clear, as if there is no rain.

Make sure you always have a pair of SUN GLASSES in your car, as you are not only helping yourself to drive safely with good vision, but also might save your friend's life by giving him this idea..

Try it yourself and share it with your friends!??? Amazing, you still see the drops on the windshield, but not the sheet of rain falling.?

You can see where the rain bounces off the road.? It works to eliminate the "blindness" from passing semi's spraying you too.? Or the "kickup" if you are following a semi or car in the rain.? They ought to teach that little tip in driver's training... It really does work.

This warning is a good one!

I wonder how many people know about this. A 36 year old female had an accident several weeks ago and totaled her car. A resident of Kilgore , Texas she was travelling between Gladewater & Kilgore...It was raining, though not excessively, when her car suddenly began to hydro-plane and literally flew through the air. She was not seriously injured but very stunned at the sudden occurrence!

When she explained to the highway patrolman what had happened he told her something that every driver should know - NEVER DRIVE IN THE RAIN WITH YOUR CRUISE CONTROL ON . She thought she was being cautious by setting the cruise control and maintaining a safe consistent speed in the rain..

But the highway patrolman told her that if the cruise control is on when your car begins to hydro-plane and your tires lose contact with the pavement,your car will accelerate to a higher rate of speed making you take off like an airplane. She told the patrolman that was exactly what had occurred.

The patrolman said this warning should be listed, on the driver's seat sun-visor - NEVER USE THE CRUISE CONTROL WHEN THE PAVEMENT IS WET OR ICY , along with the airbag warning. We tell our teenagers to set the cruise control and drive a safe speed - but we don't tell them to use the cruise control only when the pavement is dry.

The only person the accident victim found, who knew this (besides the patrolman), was a man who had a similar accident, totaled his car and sustained severe injuries.

NOTE: Some vehicles (like the Toyota Sienna Limited XLE) will not allow you to set the cruise control when the windshield wipers are on.
                                    no idea how effective that might be during the day but recommending wearing sunglasses at night and in an already low visibility situation is pretty crazy tbh. you might get good visibility just in front of the windshield but you'll see f all else around.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                      I have to go to court tomorrow for an unpaid fine for using a mobile phone while driving. The court is THE RICHMOND COURTS COMPLEX, NORTH BRUNSWICK STREET, can anyone recommend a solicitor that would represent me at this?
                                      CHD has 24 hours to kill...

Comment

You don't need a solictor, just turn up at the courts and ask them what courtroom you are in, go in sit down and there is a high probability your case won't come up
                                        due to the copper not turning up. If he does turn up, the judge will call out the case, you just answer guilty give some excuse and take your penalty points.

It's different for murder you need a solictor for that one, but I was proved innocent anyway . IE no proof. (GET IN)

Comment

CHD has 24 hours to kill...
                                          can't see that working too well

Judge: "so, how does you client plead in relation to this charge Mr CHD? Guilty and I'll fine him 50 smackers for the poor box - deal or no deal?" (reaches for gavel)

CHD (clad only in 1998 Chelsea away strip, 2 cards stapled to his head and clutching crate of Dutch Gold): "You honour I would like to preface my remarks by saying that you are a cunt. A cuntish cunt. Fuck you very much judge, I stab you with my stabby little knife. And furthermore...."

digiman; "is it too late to plead insanity?"

Comment

You don't need a solictor, just turn up at the courts and ask them what courtroom you are in, go in sit down and there is a high probability your case won't come up
                                            due to the copper not turning up. If he does turn up, the judge will call out the case, you just answer guilty give some excuse and take your penalty points.

It's different for murder you need a solictor for that one, but I was proved innocent anyway . IE no proof. (GET IN)
                                            Yeah, it might be a bit overkill getting one. I was chatting to a friend of mine that was up for the exact same thing and he brought a solicitor. He got off with no fine and no points, so in some ways it might look a bit better to bring one in the judges eyes!

Comment

"stabby little knife",the icing on the cake.

Comment

pretty stupid really
                                                your never getting away with it
                                                and fairly sure the fine and points double when you have to go to court.

just approach the bench when your case is called unbuckle your pants lower it to knee height and bend over for impending screwing
                                                imo

SPOILER
                                                no.16 in my top 20 helpfull tips list
                                                SPOILER
                                                it helps if you apply the vaseline before leaving home, saves you having to embarrasingly apply it in court

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

"stabby little knife",the icing on the cake.
                                                  not really sure where I pulled that one out of

it does sound like something CHD would say though

Comment

not really sure where I pulled that one out of

it does sound like something CHD would say though
                                                    I would say something like that.

Comment

Ban imo

Comment

PM Denny Crane, undefeated.
                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Seriously. Stop posting here on this account.

Comment

Kelly's article is fucking bleak.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Kelly is bleak

Like a suicidal pessimistic depressed Raoul who's wife and kids left him for a CHD type

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                Kelly's article is fucking bleak.

yeah, unfortunately he's right though

anyone thinking that 'we're through the worst of it' is off their rocker

the Cowen\Anglo revelations this weekend don't help

Comment

would it not be cheaper to pay the fine than be represented?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                    a suicidal pessimistic depressed Raoul who's wife and kids left him for a CHD type
                                                                    seems unlikely, Mrs Duke III works with CHD types all day long

SPOILER
                                                                    she's a social worker

Comment

Just seen one of those €15 coins, The thing is huge...

Comment

Well done Ehsan on the cash, now fck off to Canada already Nice one on the sat Smurph nice to get the ticket out of the way early. Looks like i missed out on the CHD drunken posting

Comment

This username changing sh*t is doing my brain in..

I thought phantom_lord changed his name to lotto.ie
                                                                          now I see he is denny crane...

so who the f*ck is Lotto.ie

Also why can't Roland De Wolfe post in the BBV thread????
                                                                          Last edited by smurph; 08-11-10, 11:52.
                                                                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                            This username changing sh*t is doing my brain in..

I thought phantom_lord changed his name to lotto.ie
                                                                            now I see he is denny crane...

so who the f*ck is Lotto.ie
                                                                            CHD's arch nemisis Rigger

Comment

Should i be considered mad to be even contemplating buying/selling a property right now? The missus has her eye on a house and we are thinking of putting in a ridic offer to see what the response is like.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                Should i be considered mad to be even contemplating buying/selling a property right now? The missus has her eye on a house and we are thinking of putting in a ridic offer to see what the response is like.
                                                                                sure you wont have to pay for it anyway
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  would it not be cheaper to pay the fine than be represented?
                                                                                  Well the fine can be up to €400 so its hard to know. If I thought being represented would lower the chances of getting no penalty points as well then it would definitely be worth it imo. To gamble or not!!

Comment

I'm currently having an internal debate as to whether I should sell my house now and rent somewhere else.

There's a reasonable chance that I'm going to look to sell it inside the next 3 years anyway and with the way the market is going I think the longer I leave it (within that timeframe) the more likely it is I'll lose even more money than I will if I sell it now.

The other option is that I keep it and just try and rent it out when the time comes but I can't see it being worth much more than €600 a month (if I'm lucky) if I do that....
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

selling; no

buying; yes

simple answers from a simple man

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                        I'm currently having an internal debate as to whether I should sell my house now and rent somewhere else.

There's a reasonable chance that I'm going to look to sell it inside the next 3 years anyway and with the way the market is going I think the longer I leave it (within that timeframe) the more likely it is I'll lose even more money than I will if I sell it now.

The other option is that I keep it and just try and rent it out when the time comes but I can't see it being worth much more than €600 a month (if I'm lucky) if I do that....
                                                                                        have you got much (if any) equity in it Icarus?

My personal view is that house prices will revert to mid-90s levels if that helps

actual realised prices are somewhere in the 2002 range at the moment

Comment

...
                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                            Has anyone said lol FG yet?!

Read the FG proposal yesterday and - wow! - that is some mess. Never thought I'd say this, but its almost looking like our only hope is that Labour get an overall majority in the next government.
                                                                                            it doesn't matter who the next government is

Comment

have you got much (if any) equity in it?

My personal view is that house prices will revert to mid-90s levels if that helps

actual realised prices are somewhere in the 2002 range at the moment
                                                                                              Not a great deal, we'd probably end up with some cash, but will have lost a lot of money. If we sold it now I'd be hopeful of ending up with somewhere between €50 - €100k after the dust clears. Closer to the €50k than the €100k to be honest. That would represent an overall loss of around €120k at the lower end but I really think it'll get worse before it gets better.

If we were planning on staying there for 10 years+ it wouldn't bother me one way or the other, but as I say I can see us selling up/moving on inside a much shorter timeframe than that.

Which reminds me, I should probably extend my internal thoughts to my wife at the very least before making a decision
                                                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'd like to propose a thread title.

BBV - advocating a strategic default before it was cool.

Whats all the fuss about the article? Nothing new there except for Kellys more journo style language (hes learning) We all knew the mortgages were going to be defaulted on in a big way. People just don't want to listen.

Why would you pay back any debts when in time it will be seen as a badge of honor that you refused to pay? I've been telling people to do a runner on their debts in the old place for years. If it's good enough for the poker "borrowers" it's good enough for Irish people as they are both just as reckless and the lenders just as stupid.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

ah, yes it does clearly! Could be the most important government in a generation, as they will be deciding how we implement the cost-cutting reforms that we're just agreeing the broad outline of with the EU / Olli Rehn at the moment.

And obv, if we agree a four-year plan with the EU then they are going to support us with borrowing providing we stay on track.
                                                                                                    A velvet glove on an iron fist. Window dressing for the too stupid to emigrate brigade.
                                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

A friend of mine, a Russian who has been living here for 10 years, has been looking at buying all through the years and always thought better of it, being the smart cookie he is, is finally going to buy now. He's looking at a large extended Semi D in Lucan that is effectively a 4 bed house and 2 bed apartment down all the way from a book value of >550 to 280 now.
                                                                                                      Ends up he'll be spending a lot less than he is on rent so pretty obv buy for him.
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ah, yes it does clearly! Could be the most important government in a generation, as they will be deciding how we implement the cost-cutting reforms that we're just agreeing the broad outline of with the EU / Olli Rehn at the moment.
                                                                                                        the 'most important government in a generation' was the last three efforts

unfortunately they impoverished several generations for life

ah well, c'est la vie right?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                          A velvet glove on an iron fist. Window dressing for the too stupid to emigrate brigade.
                                                                                                          coining a phrase there V!

mind if I use it?

Comment

The Irish Mess

More doom from my favourite downbeat blog, analysing Kelly's article

SPOILER
                                                                                                            The Irish mess (V)

Back in July, Rebel Economist noted how the Greek bailout actions had compromised the ECB:

The first concession made by the ECB was in the collateral requirements for its lending to eurosystem banks. These were set in terms of agency credit ratings, no doubt to distance the ECB from the task of differentiating between the creditworthiness of eurozone governments, with the inevitable consequence that a credit rating agency decision could render a country’s debt ineligible as ECB collateral at an inconvenient time. In particular, the likelihood that that Greek government debt would be downgraded below the ECB’s normal A- / A3 threshold threatened to restrict the ability of Greek banks to borrow from the ECB and would have removed a key benefit supporting the value of Greek government debt. On March 25th, however, ECB President Trichet said that investment grade (ie down to BBB- / Baa3) debt would be accepted for an indefinite period. And then on May 3rd, with the prospect looming that Greek government debt could even be downgraded to junk status, it was announced that Greek government debt specifically would be accepted regardless of its credit rating.

The most shocking climb-down by the ECB, however, occurred on the night of May 9/10th, when in association with the creation by EU finance ministers of a €750bn emergency funding mechanism available to any eurozone country, which added to a €110bn conditional loan facility for Greece agreed on May 2nd, the ECB announced an outright bond purchase programme. Since the ECB had previously consistently resisted appeals to follow the Federal Reserve, Bank of England and Bank of Japan in buying bonds to enhance monetary policy easing, this change raised questions about both the ECB’s commitment to inflation and its political independence.

…The retreat by the ECB is particularly disappointing because it represents a missed opportunity for Europe to interrupt the sequence of bailouts that have characterised the financial crisis since the demise of Lehman Brothers in September 2008 and to differentiate the euro as a reliably hard currency even in adverse circumstances.

It looks as if that train has well and truly left the station now. In the Irish Times, Morgan Kelly, Professor of Economics at University College Dublin, shows us how far the ECB has advanced down Rebel Economist’s slippery slope.

September marked Ireland’s point of no return in the banking crisis. During that month, €55 billion of bank bonds (held mainly by UK, German, and French banks) matured and were repaid, mostly by borrowing from the European Central Bank.

In other words, the exposures I suggested in my last, based on the 6-month-old numbers published by the BIS in September, are very out of date. Just based on the September action, the French, German and British banks are less firmly on the hook than I thought. If there has been significant ECB intervention in Irish sovereign debt since May, as well, as rumored, then that will again have tended to bail out those banks, and leave the ECB holding the bag. Kelly again:

With the €55 billion repaid, the possibility of resolving the bank crisis by sharing costs with the bondholders is now water under the bridge. Instead of the unpleasant showdown with the European Central Bank that a bank resolution would have entailed, everyone is a winner. Or everyone who matters, at least.

The German and French banks whose solvency is the overriding concern of the ECB get their money back. Senior Irish policymakers get to roll over and have their tummies tickled by their European overlords and be told what good sports they have been. And best of all, apart from some token departures of executives too old and rich to care less, the senior management of the banks that caused this crisis continue to enjoy their richly earned rewards. The only difficulty is that the Government’s open-ended commitment to cover the bank losses far exceeds the fiscal capacity of the Irish State.

Kelly suggests that the bailout interest rate, estimated at around 8%, compared with the 5% currently paid on (underwater) mortgages, or for that matter Kelly’s ’sustainable’ 2%, will simply tank Irish property prices and the wider economy some more, and the eventual result must be mass mortgage defaults. And even without that, he thinks the loan loss estimates of the Irish Government were far too small:

In my article of last May, when I published my optimistic estimate of a €50 billion bailout bill, I posted a spreadsheet on the irisheconomy.ie website, giving my realistic estimates of taxpayer losses. My realistic estimate for Anglo was €34 billion, the same as the Government’s current estimate.

When you apply the same assumptions about lending losses to the other banks, you end up with a likely taxpayer bill of €16 billion for Bank of Ireland (deducting the €3 billion they have since received from investors) and €26 billion for AIB: nearly as bad as Anglo.

Indeed, the true scandal in Irish banking is not what happened at Anglo and Nationwide (which, as specialised development lenders, would have suffered horrific losses even had they not been run by crooks or morons) but the breakdown of governance at AIB that allowed it to pursue the same suicidal path.

Once again we are having to sit through the same dreary and mendacious charade with AIB that we endured with Anglo: “AIB only needs €3.5 billion, sorry we meant to say €6.5 billion, sorry . . .” and so on until it is fully nationalised next year, and the true extent of its folly revealed.

This €70 billion bill for the banks dwarfs the €15 billion in spending cuts now agonised over, and reduces the necessary cuts in Government spending to an exercise in futility. What is the point of rearranging the spending deckchairs, when the iceberg of bank losses is going to sink us anyway?

Please go and read the whole of Kelly’s very crisp and eloquent article. The Irish government has walked its people into a trap: the big Eurobanks and big countries drove the agenda, all along; which shouldn’t be a surprise.

For the European, as opposed to Irish miscalculation, the final word goes to Rebel Economist:

Many commentators claim that the eurozone authorities’ real reason to bail out Greece was that so much Greek debt was held by eurozone banks that even restructuring was likely to impose sufficiently large losses to bankrupt those banks and reduce Europe’s banking capacity enough to cripple its economy. If so, this was an unwise decision. First, bailing out a country means saving all its creditors, making it an inefficient way to protect banks. Second, unless banks are formally bankrupted, it is difficult to make full use of their shareholders’ and junior creditors’ money to absorb losses, making bank failure more costly for the taxpayer. And in Europe especially, bankrupting a bank need not involve disruptive closure and complete liquidation; it is easier to nationalise a failing bank in Europe compared with America where the public are more hostile to state ownership. As it is, the danger is that bank losses on sovereign debt are offloaded to the eurozone states, increasing their indebtedness and intensifying the pressure on the ECB for further accommodation. Ironically, in making concessions to abet the eurozone bailout of Greece to avoid a mythical banking meltdown, the ECB may find that it has opened a Pandora’s Box.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 08-11-10, 12:18.

Comment

A friend of mine, a Russian who has been living here for 10 years, has been looking at buying all through the years and always thought better of it, being the smart cookie he is, is finally going to buy now. He's looking at a large extended Semi D in Lucan that is effectively a 4 bed house and 2 bed apartment down all the way from a book value of >550 to 280 now.
                                                                                                              Ends up he'll be spending a lot less than he is on rent so pretty obv buy for him.
                                                                                                              Using the lowest interest rates for the next 10 years in ireland versus the rental high point in real terms for the next 10 years is a pretty stupid way to assess the buying market. How much is he allowing for future property and water tax btw?

Ah maybe I'm overdoing it. If he has secure employment for 10 years. Loves living in Lucan and a big wedge of a deposit let him go for it. Sitting on your hands is the toughest part in poker and life.
                                                                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 08-11-10, 12:19.

Comment

selling; no

buying; yes

simple answers from a simple man
                                                                                                                Alas one cannot be done without the other as i still have a relatively small mortgage on another property. I will still make some money on the house we are in and the house we are looking at is a recent repossession so I am hoping for a bargain. The fact i can probably pick it up for 380k against the 800k it was valued at in the hay day is swaying me slightly.

Comment

conclusion: he's being ripped off on his rent

Comment

Alas one cannot be done without the other as i still have a relatively small mortgage on another property. I will still make some money on the house we are in and the house we are looking at is a recent repossession so I am hoping for a bargain. The fact i can probably pick it up for 380k against the 800k it was valued at in the hay day is swaying me slightly.
                                                                                                                    people need to stop looking at the top of an insane bubble and making comparisons downwards to extrapolate the conclusion 'BARGAIN!'

what you need to look at instead (as V has alluded to) is future affordability

Comment

coining a phrase there V!

mind if I use it?
                                                                                                                      Feel free. But fuck off Morgan Kelly if you are reading!!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                        Feel free. But fuck off Morgan Kelly if you are reading!!
                                                                                                                        he already robbed 'too big to save' off me

I'm going to set CHD on him

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                                          After not winning anything for a few days and getting Bomered in JP’s Mini WSOP, i thought my run good was over and reality started to hit.
                                                                                                                          But i was wrong.
                                                                                                                          Came home and played another Omaha tourney and chopped it 4ways for 1K each.
                                                                                                                          And i just took down the 30K grtd on FT for a cool 12.2K .
                                                                                                                          Im fucken delighted now...i know this is not much to alot of people here, but for me ,this is kinda life changing money really cuz im broke with no job.
                                                                                                                          So looks like i will be travelling again very soon after getting my passport and visa shit sorted.

Life is good right know.
                                                                                                                          wp Gholimoli thats a great run you are on and from the way you are playing lately very well deserved. you are a nightmare to play against when you have a lot of chips

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X