Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, checked out the Hugo's website there - looks on the money.

Thanks for that guys.

Also, tripadviser is telling me that Barry's Hotel is an awful dump - anybody care to comment?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Thanks for that guys.

Also, tripadviser is telling me that Barry's Hotel is an awful dump - anybody care to comment?
      it has the worst lapdancing club/lapdancers in Dublin anyway (and that's saying something)
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Thanks for that guys.

The price is right.
        €39 for a double room
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Brunch in Hugo's on a Sunday morning/afternoon is also excellent.
          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
            it has the worst lapdancing club/lapdancers in Dublin anyway (and that's saying something)
            Right, that's a no from me so.

Any decent alternatives nearby?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsqfutlAzJs[/ame]
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I know a guy who worked in there before and he certainly wouldn't recommened it as a knicker dropper so I guess it all depends on how much you need to impress. Not an upmarket spot but havn't stayed there myself so cant be overly sure.

Comment

Belvedere hotel across the road from Barrys Hotel looks okay
                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                      I know a guy who worked in there before and he certainly wouldn't recommened it as a knicker dropper so I guess it all depends on how much you need to impress. Not an upmarket spot but havn't stayed there myself so cant be overly sure.
                      It's not about needing to impress tbh, I just don't want to stay in a kip.

Comment

Stay in the Jackson Court Hotel (Coppers).

Its cheap, it gets you free into Coppers, and you get the residents bar after Coppers also...

Foolproof.

(Means if things don't go well with the ex, you can take your pick downstairs)

Comment

Comment

A knicker dropping barometer is a great idea.
                            Out of five:

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              Actually - on the restaurant scene. Am looking for something in the €150-200 range as well for the gf's birthday. Just had a look there at the Hugo's menu and doesn't really suit. Is there somewhere else that ye would recommend in that price range?

I'm thinking somewhere where the food looks modern and served with a bit of pizzazz (if you know what I mean). Stuff like amuse bouche between courses and 'modern takes on good food' type of idea.
                              Rasam in Glasthule

you can get to the door almost on the DART and the food is seriously, seriously good. Modern take on South Indian\Sri Lankan cuisine (which is almost impossible to find in Ireland as all the so-called 'Indians' are actually Pakistani)
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                Belvedere hotel across the road from Barrys Hotel looks okay
                                Think it's booked out...

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                  Fucking tools should lose their jobs and violent protesters should be charged.
                                  About a 0.000000000000000000000000001% chance the first of those two things happens
                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

gotta say that the Conference Centre does look pretty spectacular when all lit up at night time

almost worth the money it'll cost us in NAMA

Comment

Comment

I really shouldn't have mentioned my ex

Comment

Cheers. That's definitely the style of place I was thinking about - must head out there. The problem is that she won't eat Indian style food, so not viable for her. Anywhere else along those lines serving 'european food'?
                                          Burdocks

Comment

Camden court is decent (bleeding horse is attached).
                                            Has a nice swimming pool too. (pics don't really do it justice actually).

Comment

we both want and deserve a detailed trip report. No pictures.

the free advice you've got on here is surely worth thousands

Comment

Comment

You will never get the repeat if you dont impress so pick somewhere nice. I would even consider dipping out of the meal budget to get a nicer hotel room. All going well you should be spending your time there and that is where she should hopefully have her best memories of the weekend.

Comment

The problem is that she won't eat Indian style food
                                                    Dump her obv.

Comment

I wouldn't mention her anymore dude,just put up her pic and leave it at that.
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Ah come on, know you know all the good places!
                                                        I'm going to Bang tonight, haven't been since the Stokes went busto

I'd imagine it would fit the bill, will give you a TR tomorrow. I'm also going to the Cliff Town House on Monday so will TR that too.

having loads of money left in your expenses budget at the end of the year is cool

Comment

A knicker dropping barometer is a great idea.
                                                          Out of five:

We could call it the "Knicker-dropper-Glory"
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

there's a Jurys inn less than 5 minutes away on Parnell street, it ain't fancy but it'll be decent

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              Rasam in Glasthule

you can get to the door almost on the DART and the food is seriously, seriously good. Modern take on South Indian\Sri Lankan cuisine (which is almost impossible to find in Ireland as all the so-called 'Indians' are actually Pakistani)
                                                              What sort of an Indian resturant doesn't have a single vegitarian main course
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm going to Bang tonight
                                                                Who's the lucky guy/girl?

Comment

I'm going to Bang tonight,
                                                                  Mrs Duke or someone special?
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      My kind

Comment

My kind.

Comment

Cheers. That's definitely the style of place I was thinking about - must head out there. The problem is that she won't eat Indian style food, so not viable for her. Anywhere else along those lines serving 'european food'?
                                                                          Racist

Comment

Damn u Icarus. In fairness it was a tap in.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                              My kind
                                                                              Damn you.

Comment

All this talk of food...
                                                                                What's everybody having for their dinner?

Comment

Should have just shot the protesters. Denny Crane.

Comment

All this talk of food...
                                                                                    Just ordered a pep and ham pizza with wedges thrown in for sides from Dominos. You?
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

All this talk of food...
                                                                                        debating whether to go and eat in town or not as I sit here in the office.

3 nights in a row if I do though, Kanum last night Frankies the night before.

Comment

I liked that Hunter Thomson letter. I've never read any of his stuff. What would be the best recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                            We could call it the "Knicker-dropper-Glory"
                                                                                            Terrible
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              Just ordered a pep and ham pizza with wedges thrown in for sides from Dominos. You?
                                                                                              Have a rogan josh curry in the fridge that was made yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Have a rogan josh curry

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                  I liked that Hunter Thomson letter. I've never read any of his stuff. What would be the best recommendation.
                                                                                                  Fear and Loathing.
                                                                                                  If you like it then read all the journalism you can get your hands on, if you don't you are a bit weird or more likely not weird enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                    Have a rogan josh curry
                                                                                                    Get out of fridge.

Comment

Try Fear and Loathing.

This is great craic.

Comment

Get out of fridge.

Emmmm,pancakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                          Have a rogan josh curry
                                                                                                          I'm more a fan of Llyod Grossmans stuff tbh. It also usually leads to people doing awesome through the keyhole impressions, 'who lives in a place....
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Fear and Loathing.
                                                                                                            If you like it then read all the journalism you can get your hands on, if you don't you are a bit weird or more likely not weird enough.
                                                                                                            Have you read Hell's Angels? Complete garbage; boring as hell; couldn't even finish it.

Comment

i can second that HH.RASAM is one of the best Indian places of been to and i have been to alot.

if you like Prawns i would deffo suggest to get the tandoori kinda prawsn they have for starter.

you cant go wrong.

Comment

Audio book of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas downloading as we speak. Unless it's the kind of thing which is better read than listened to. Hard to judge these things though.

Comment

Originally posted by spectre View Post
                                                                                                                  Have you read Hell's Angels? Complete garbage; boring as hell; couldn't even finish it.
                                                                                                                  A very long time ago. I remember that it disabused me of any romantic notions I had about them. I seem to remember that no one came out of it very well that the whole scene was very unpleasant.
                                                                                                                  Probably wasn't all that great because I still have it at home somewhere. I noticed over time that all the best books get given away to people and never make it back to me but the rest all stay on my shelves forever.

Comment

Audio book of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas downloading as we speak. Unless it's the kind of thing which is better read than listened to. Hard to judge these things though.
                                                                                                                    I'd be wary of it unless he's reading it himself. I'd guess its the kind of thing that might be best read as you say its hard to know, if it can hold your attention then it should be ok.

Actually PM a link will ya and I might give it a spin myself

Comment

Ignore Fear and loathing, film is almost word for word from the book. The Rum Diary is my fav.

Also this is the best collection of articles [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Shark-Hunt-Strange-Picador/dp/0330261177/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288894609&sr=8-1[/ame]
                                                                                                                      Last edited by RasTa; 04-11-10, 18:17.
                                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

lol, for anyone that followed that thread on the other place with the illiterate moron who went from a ridiculous attempt at spamming people to threatening to smash everybody's face in, here's his bebo page somebody linked.

Stylish online invitation maker! Choose digital invites, customize with photos or videos, text or email to guests, & track RSVPs.

Honestly, we need to bring in abortion asap.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

PLO50 6max and HU, with a little bit of PLO25. Let the heater continue...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X