This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    lol. Gave the students an exam there and one of the questions was giving an example of where you would want to minimise the friction between two surfaces.

Obv someone comes out with the teenage boy answer. Fair play to him for actually writing it down!
    Give that boy some bonus points imo.

In terms of the Irish apprentice, I'm convinced that the casting team pick the most dysfuntional applicants they can find with one or two genuinely good candidates thrown in for good measure. Kind of similar to Big Brother. It's all about entertainment with the Irish apprentice. Ironic that they're not even delivering on this. Last week's task was just plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Have you watched the Donald Trump one yet?. In one episode (think the 2007 series) the 3 brought back were bitching as all of them fcked up. Some excellent sniping. Trump said he found it difficult to pick between them so pointed at one, YOUR FIRED, the other two sat back relieved, then he said to the 2nd one, YOUR FIRED, the 3rd one got a tiny bit of praise then he said YoUR FIRED (excellent slowroll) . I fell off the chair laughing as these 3 would hang their granny got 10p
      That was epic and one of the reasons US apprentice is the best. Trump was an absolute livewire and you were on the edge of your seat for each boardroom firing. You just never knew how many he was going to fire. Of course, if this element was applied to the Irish one then it would be over already!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        This is because your €1Irish will buy you €1German.
        And your future obligation of €Y Irish is the same is if it was €Y German

In X years, after the inevitable default and new currency is set up (Raoul's message not mine)

You will owe £Y Irish instead of €Y Irish.

If you've changed your €Irish to €German (now), you will no doubt get a serious bonus on transferring back to £Irish if/when the above happens.

Some sums

Mortgage of €200,000 - 1Irish€ = 1German€

becomes Mortgage of £200,000 - 1Irish£ = .55German€

essentially if you swap, you will get a discount on your mortgage to the tune of the currency rate difference.

EDIT - this works too
        The obvious flaw in this plan is that Bertie Bucks will be worth way more than Merkel Marks
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

But more seriously unless we want to see the next generation of kids heading into another inter Nicene Euro War we will do everything we can to keeping the European project alive, and let there be no doubt about it the end of the € is the end of that project and the start of something more familiar.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4hHMIpnjU[/ame]

Comment

This is because your €1Irish will buy you €1German.
              And your future obligation of €Y Irish is the same is if it was €Y German

In X years, after the inevitable default and new currency is set up (Raoul's message not mine)

You will owe £Y Irish instead of €Y Irish.

If you've changed your €Irish to €German (now), you will no doubt get a serious bonus on transferring back to £Irish if/when the above happens.

Some sums

Mortgage of €200,000 - 1Irish€ = 1German€

becomes Mortgage of £200,000 - 1Irish£ = .55German€

essentially if you swap, you will get a discount on your mortgage to the tune of the currency rate difference.

EDIT - this works too
              But would the Irish Central bank, with control over interest rates and a rapidly inflating currency on their hands, not just be increasing the interest rate on an almost daily basis.
              So with mortgage interest rates at say 30/40/50% wouldn't I be losing any gain I'd made in the currency switch anyway?

Comment

have we not got enough of misery in our everyday lives without having to tune in here and listen to more

kids
                SPOILER

Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 04-11-10, 13:46.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

SPOILER
                  Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 04-11-10, 13:45.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

nsfw complaints on the way from the working stiffs.

Comment

FUCK IKEA...........chest of drawers looks more like a triangle right now.

also anyone have irish eyes money for bruce money?

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                        Hows the weather in Melbourne Ed?

We are trying to organise a house at the minute. Looking in South Melbourne and St. Kilda area, seems to be a decent amount of places going.
                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm a working stiff, but no way I'm complaining
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post

tittie pic
                            NSFFROP
                            SPOILER

Not safe for front row of plane
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I've a working stiffie atm.

Comment

ffs. Spoiler that!

In a computer lab with my entire course!

EDIT- and there was me trying to be helpful and reply to AJ's question...
                                Last edited by Emmet; 04-11-10, 13:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Hows the weather in Melbourne Ed?

We are trying to organise a house at the minute. Looking in South Melbourne and St. Kilda area, seems to be a decent amount of places going.
                                  Pretty shitty at the moment, wettest October in 35 years and temps are well below average. Had a few really nice days last week or so when it was about 29c. Should be picking up soon though.

I'm living in St Kilda, handy spot near the sea, the city and chapel st. There is a load of Irish and English retards around the place though which can get a bit annoying and repetitive but it's a big city and always somewhere else to go/to do.

How many rooms you looking to get?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Brag: I'm in bed.
                                    Beat: puked on the train into work this morning, and went home an hour after getting in.
                                    Brag: made it to the toilet in the train in time.
                                    Beat: feel like shit and might not be able to play jp's game tomorrow night.
                                    Sorry to hear man hope you feel better soon. If you cant play you can now do the updates

Well done on not puking all over the train, would of been seriously funny if you did thou

US Apprentice > English one > Irish one. (hmmm I wonder why)
                                    I've watched the US Apprentice, it's even more cut throat the the BBC one and in my view the candidates are far superior. It's kind of harsh to contradict
                                    the Irish one . It is what it is and it makes very funny viewing at times. We have to remember that Irish Television is not the BBC nor will it ever be. We lag behind in many ways. I think the show is not too bad an effort all things considering. As for the canditates. They are picked for entertainment value I'm sure. Remember Geraldine last yeear and that other twit. I'm sure the interviewers rubbed their hands together nabbing those two.

They should at least be honest though.
                                    15 fame hungry people will compete and entertain you for the next 10 weeks, however some of them are cabbages, let's see how long they'll last and have a right ol laugh as they do their best to perform several tasks without paying any attention to the actual directives issued to them. Then guy smiley will interivew each cabbage as they are knocked out.
                                    The American version is genius, I watched the celebrity one with Annie Duke man she is a bit of an insufferable cunt but she was awesome in it and I dont know how that vile wretch of a woman Joan Rivers won it absolute spiteful woman!

Remember one boardroom back near the start of it, guy won his task as was immune from being fired but the cocky fucker said he would come back in anyway and Trump fired him for being a tool.
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Pretty shitty at the moment, wettest October in 35 years and temps are well below average. Had a few really nice days last week or so when it was about 29c. Should be picking up soon though.

I'm living in St Kilda, handy spot near the sea, the city and chapel st. There is a load of Irish and English retards around the place though which can get a bit annoying and repetitive but it's a big city and always somewhere else to go/to do.

How many rooms you looking to get?
                                      3 or 4 bed preferably. Whats the rent like? Seems similar to Dublin to be honest. Thats probably not a good thing though.

Yeah the lads are dead set on living in St. Kilda, Im not nearly as up for it but like you said, can always just bail into the city and find something else to do.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

FFS 8 Ball spoiler that

Comment

Yeah it's pretty similar we're paying $1400 a month for a 1 bed furnished place. It's definitely cheaper though the more people you have so you could probably get a nice place between 4 or 5 for like $150 a week.

You're also about 10 mins on the tram to the Crown here which is handy.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty similar we're paying $1400 a month for a 1 bed furnished place. It's definitely cheaper though the more people you have so you could probably get a nice place between 4 or 5 for like $150 a week.

You're also about 10 mins on the tram to the Crown here which is handy.
                                            Well we have 6 of us starting, the one other is joining in Jan so be 7 altogether. $150 a week is about 110 euro or so if Im not mistaken, which is actually dearish even in Dublin but sure... it has to be done.

I plan on getting straight on the job wagon though, none of this messing about for a while until I get settled somewhat.

You guys have a car? We're talking about buying one, be handy for when we decide to head off. I think the plan is to head up to Sydney for New Years and then back to Melbourne for 4 or 5 months.

Comment

Seems my phone is worth €3.52 to these envirophone bastards.
                                              Not that I have any intention of selling it.

Have a 100e vodafone voucher I have to use by the 7th.
                                              Anybody have any experience of these phones?

Nokia 5230

Nokia 6303i
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Angry-Ball banned for 24 hours.

I warned people about this previously.
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                  Well we have 6 of us starting, the one other is joining in Jan so be 7 altogether. $150 a week is about 110 euro or so if Im not mistaken, which is actually dearish even in Dublin but sure... it has to be done.

I plan on getting straight on the job wagon though, none of this messing about for a while until I get settled somewhat.

You guys have a car? We're talking about buying one, be handy for when we decide to head off. I think the plan is to head up to Sydney for New Years and then back to Melbourne for 4 or 5 months.
                                                  No car no, think we're going to buy a van sometime after xmas and go travelling, do the farm work thing for the 2nd year, NZ for a few months and then back to Melbourne for next Summer. A car would be handy for doing day trips and stuff but would be pretty pointless around the city, the trams get you pretty much anywhere. But then again if theres a few of you chipping in on it it might be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                    Have a 100e vodafone voucher I have to use by the 7th.
                                                    Anybody have any experience of these phones?

Nokia 6303i
                                                    I have this one, it makes and receives phone calls which is all I want my damn phone to do. Battery life is superb, usually get 6/7 days out of a recharge.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      But would the Irish Central bank, with control over interest rates and a rapidly inflating currency on their hands, not just be increasing the interest rate on an almost daily basis.
                                                      So with mortgage interest rates at say 30/40/50% wouldn't I be losing any gain I'd made in the currency switch anyway?
                                                      I'll leave this one to the Duke, I'm not so well versed in Macro Economics as I thought...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        I have this one, it makes and receives phone calls which is all I want my damn phone to do. Battery life is superb, usually get 6/7 days out of a recharge.
                                                        It has mp3 a gramophone facility too I believe.

Comment

can anyone recommend a $22 buyin with good value etc either on Full Tilt or Paddy Power that starts around 6pm this evening? Looking for something decent to keep me going for the night..Thanks :-)

Comment

It has mp3 a gramophone facility too I believe.
                                                            and a new-fangled speaking tube

my favourite function is the built in pigeon loft

Comment

I'll leave this one to the Duke, I'm not so well versed in Macro Economics as I thought...
                                                              what possible reason would there be for us to have a 'rapidly inflating currency'?

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                                                can anyone recommend a $22 buyin with good value etc either on Full Tilt or Paddy Power that starts around 6pm this evening? Looking for something decent to keep me going for the night..Thanks :-)
                                                                $26 on FTP at 6 tonight $42k guarentee'd

Comment

Seems my phone is worth €3.52 to these envirophone bastards.
                                                                  Not that I have any intention of selling it.

Snap!

I also need to replace this one. It only works when it wants to now. I'm on vodafone too.

Thinking of going with Samsung Tocco Lite as I'm a Samsung whore.

Not a big phone lover obv so just the bare minimum will do me. Anybody got experience with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                    $26 on FTP at 6 tonight $42k guarentee'd
                                                                    tyvm sir

Comment

lol at people buying non-iphone-phones

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                        LOL at people buying an Iphone and thinking it's a phone

Comment

anyone need a ticket for dls vs sp tonight?

Comment

Mine's a corporate phone.
                                                                            They looked at me kind of funny when I said I just wanted 'a regular phone'.

I think I might be turning into Victor Meldrew

Comment

lol at people buying non-Android-phones
                                                                              Fyp

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Fyp
                                                                                I wanted to include these as well, but thought what I ended up saying was just snappier...

Comment

LOL at people buying an Iphone and thinking it's a phone
                                                                                  Mine's a corporate phone.
                                                                                  They looked at me kind of funny when I said I just wanted 'a regular phone'.

I think I might be turning into Victor Meldrew
                                                                                  lol at old people as well obv

Comment

Will be up and running in 23 hours.

8ball wants away from the Nazi mods

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post

Not a big phone lover obv so just the bare minimum will do me. Anybody got experience with this one?
                                                                                      Get something with buttons. The touch screen and flawed UI will drive you crazy.
                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Www.irishangryboards.com

Will be up and running in 23 hours.

8ball wants away from the Nazi mods
                                                                                        In association with titsatwork.com

...actually that already exists I see.

Comment

what possible reason would there be for us to have a 'rapidly inflating currency'?
                                                                                          I thought the idea was that on Day1 €1 = 1PuntNua and by day 5 you'd need 2PN to get a €1.
                                                                                          Then Finance Minister JBurton would try to print our way out of trouble and you'd quickly need 10PN to get a €1.
                                                                                          This is 'rapidly inflating currency' isn't it? Followed by huge interest rates.

Comment

full tilt slow and unresponsive for anyone else?

Comment

Have you watched the Donald Trump one yet?. In one episode (think the 2007 series) the 3 brought back were bitching as all of them fcked up. Some excellent sniping. Trump said he found it difficult to pick between them so pointed at one, YOUR FIRED, the other two sat back relieved, then he said to the 2nd one, YOUR FIRED, the 3rd one got a tiny bit of praise then he said YoUR FIRED (excellent slowroll) . I fell off the chair laughing as these 3 would hang their granny got 10p
                                                                                              Youtube clip would be awsome Willie!

When flipper was fired I was sure that blonde one was gonna get the boot too, that would screw up their schedule though I guess.

We should put together a BBV XI and challenge them, would probably be far too easy though.
                                                                                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                tl;dr: UK apprentice > Irish apprentice imo
                                                                                                You're meant to put this part at the top, not at the bottom after we've read it you twat

3 people, pffft. He fires 4 in this one
                                                                                                He could have defo slowrolled here though

Comment

I thought the idea was that on Day1 €1 = 1PuntNua and by day 5 you'd need 2PN to get a €1.
                                                                                                  Then Finance Minister JBurton would try to print our way out of trouble and you'd quickly need 10PN to get a €1.
                                                                                                  This is 'rapidly inflating currency' isn't it? Followed by huge interest rates.
                                                                                                  more like 'rapidly depreciating'!

this would be good from the point of view of making us uber-competitive (relative to, say, Germany) but bad from the point of view of potentially kicking off serious inflation. Which might then be tackled by increasing interest rates. But that's a long way off, if indeed it ever happens. The advantages of currency depreciation would outweigh the disadvantages at the moment. Which is why we should be hopping up and down about Euro appreciation. The Germans are.

Comment

Anyone watching Dail Eirean live?

The person speaking and the person previous were just dire speakers. I probably should know who they are but I don't.

The woman on now said that the guy who started bebo (BeeeeeeBO) and the guy who started facebook were on the late late recently.

It was the twitter guy, not the facebook guy, ffs.
                                                                                                    She's finished now.

Comment

No car no, think we're going to buy a van sometime after xmas and go travelling, do the farm work thing for the 2nd year, NZ for a few months and then back to Melbourne for next Summer. A car would be handy for doing day trips and stuff but would be pretty pointless around the city, the trams get you pretty much anywhere. But then again if theres a few of you chipping in on it it might be handy.
                                                                                                      oh wise Melbourne Ed, a few Q's. Im probably going down to melbourne for the aussie millions in jan. Will ya still be about? Is the place round the crowne good to stay? or would be better stayin a bit away? what site would be good for looking at accom.

cheers if ya can help.

Comment

more like 'rapidly depreciating'!

this would be good from the point of view of making us uber-competitive (relative to, say, Germany) but bad from the point of view of potentially kicking off serious inflation. Which might then be tackled by increasing interest rates. But that's a long way off, if indeed it ever happens. The advantages of currency depreciation would outweigh the disadvantages at the moment. Which is why we should be hopping up and down about Euro appreciation. The Germans are.
                                                                                                        You're right, wrong phrase by me. (Though I think economic commententators sometimes use the wrong phrase as I've heard/read refer to the 'rapidly inflating' Zimbabwean dollar, when they mean the opposite).

Comment

You're right, wrong phrase by me. (Though I think economic commententators sometimes use the wrong phrase as I've heard/read refer to the 'rapidly inflating' Zimbabwean dollar, when they mean the opposite).
                                                                                                          they probably mean to say the 'rapid rate of inflation in Zimbabwe'

Comment

Lads what's the name of the hotel attached to Barry's casino?

I can't find a website...

Comment

Comment

Probably could have looked harder

Comment

There has been a growth in HOUSE PARTIES that are not been supervised at all.

This Dail Eireann thing is the best comedy series RTE have ever produced imo.

Comment

Great does this mean I now need a FF member round every time I want to have a party. Pack of lushes will really drive the offie bill through the roof

Comment

There has been a growth in HOUSE PARTIES that are not been supervised at all.

This Dail Eireann thing is the best comedy series RTE have ever produced imo.
                                                                                                                      Yeah that guy was pretty hilarious alright.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                                                        oh wise Melbourne Ed, a few Q's. Im probably going down to melbourne for the aussie millions in jan. Will ya still be about? Is the place round the crowne good to stay? or would be better stayin a bit away? what site would be good for looking at accom.

cheers if ya can help.
                                                                                                                        Obviously The Crown would be ideal but I'd say it's crazy expensive, if not booked out already, for that time of the Year with the tennis on too.

Check out the last page of this thread http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/92...5/index62.html there's a few recommendations for short stay apartments. Staying in around Southbank would make the most sense, close to everything.

I should be working at it so see you there for a few scoops.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          You're meant to put this part at the top, not at the bottom after we've read it you twat

3 people, pffft. He fires 4 in this one
                                                                                                                          He could have defo slowrolled here though

http://www.pakistan.tv/videos-all-fo...15qniIY%5D.cfm
                                                                                                                          good man Tony, I enjoyed that clip. The US one (the original Apprentice) was by the best version. They just do TV better in general over there. They even managed to match the Birtish version of the Office and in some parts exceed it. They do take reality TV to the Nth degree. I've only seen clips of that Jersey wifes thing.
                                                                                                                          Fecking hell .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X