X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen from YLYL thread

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Posting graphs is a sure fire way to end a decent run. Believe me, it worked wonders for ruining my hot streak
      Ha ya same for me the last time. These moments should be savioured because its not pretty when the graph heads south & the mood swings that go with it. There is times you think you will never win again and your the worst player ever.
      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just booked my ticket for Laura Marling who's playing Vicar St next month. Also seeing God is an Astronaut this Friday in Waterford, the last gig they played here was one of the best I've been to, with them playing in Electric Avenue which was one of the smallest venues in Ireland I reckon!

Comment

Also stolen from above thread

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Getting badly addicted to Bombay mix.

In other news for the first time in a while I actually took the time to properly read the days posts from the BBV, man work was so much better when I used to be able to just sit on here all day
            There is still some left stashed in The Burlington.

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
            Why does wearing a trilby hat make slowrolling more enjoyable?

Answers on a postcard..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9IWTtmvhqE
            Is that you?

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
            I remember that from the old place,are there IPBers in the clip?
            The guy getting slowrolled is Zurophs mate cant think of his name off the top of my head also spotted Dave Masters at the table and Ektor for all the Dublin based players.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Sorry meant suggestions of what to cook, not where to eat. Old el paso burrito/fajita kit is getting old.
              Meh, might just eat out.

The Meat Market sounds like a gay bar btw,
              enchiladas?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                And i bet you hes one of these fellers who starts the car up in the morning and leaves it running while he goes back in to eat his toast just to warm the thing up. Shur its no wonder the head gasket goes, and then it like its the cars fault.
                And that wrong why ?
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                  Outplayed by Doke on the river!

bet)
                  Oops, ul

That said, at those stacks against your button raise I'm shipping ATo all day long every day. Unless you play a lot differently online from live, ATo >>>> your range
                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Found this interesting http://www.gutshot.com/news/?p=905 power to the dealer
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                    http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

hey could anyone tell me if the below is a decent speed, this is the connection in work, we've move to a new internet based system and wana see if i can get a better speed.

also does it matter that this was taken at 8:40am or should i take one in the middle of the day to get a true pic of the speed

Comment

Ffs! iPhone alarm 1 hour late since dst. Disaster

Comment

the League of Fuckedness ©Emmet

OK, ladies and gentlemen of the BBV, we are now officially fucked. Not even the Russians want to hold our debt. Bond yields are > 7.6% and pretty much zero appetite even at that very tasty yield.

The question is how quickly will the endgame come?

<awaits cheery HH answer as to why everything is just fine >
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

^^^^^^^^

what does end game mean ted?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              ^^^^^^^^

what does end game mean ted?
                              it means going the way of Greece

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                hey could anyone tell me if the below is a decent speed, this is the connection in work, we've move to a new internet based system and wana see if i can get a better speed.

also does it matter that this was taken at 8:40am or should i take one in the middle of the day to get a true pic of the speed

Would you ever just fuck off!

Take the 10.00 part off and the little 0.88 is what we have here

I would kill for half that speed, even a third lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  it means going the way of Greece
                                  You mean we all have to wear leather jackets and get teddyboy haircuts

Comment

oh, and for anyone who thought that Brian Cowen was any different from Bertie, read on

Comment

oh, and for anyone who thought that Brian Cowen was any different from Bertie, read on
                                      Seems a bit tenuous to suggest its nepotism. Politicians relations are capable of getting jobs on merit too you know!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Seems a bit tenuous to suggest its nepotism. Politicians relations are capable of getting jobs on merit too you know!
                                        you have brightened up my day no end

Comment

you have brightened up my day no end
                                          while you're on and posting, maybe I can get you to expand on the issues we're facing.

Is the IMF/ECB emergency fund now a cast iron certainty?

What are the chances of us dropping the € and launching An Punt Nua?

At what point should people be moving liquid resources out of the country? What do you think the minimum resource would be to make it worthwhile?

If you had a significant mortgage at this point would it be worthwhile to move money out of the country rather than pay it off in the hope that we launch An Punt Nua, devlaue against the € and then bring your €'s back into the country to pay off double the original amount?

How much do you charge for ongoing financial advise?
                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                            Found this interesting http://www.gutshot.com/news/?p=905 power to the dealer
                                            WP that man.
                                            And that has what exactly do do with Brian Cowen

Seriously though how god awful is it that the Independent can make a headline story out of Taoiseach's brother gets a job

Being on the subject of pisspoor journalism reminds me of a job application I saw last week that was sent to a newspaper by your hero.

Originally posted by The Real Raoul Duke III
                                            TO JACK SCOTT, VANCOUVER SUN

October 1, 1958 57 Perry Street New York City

Sir,

I got a hell of a kick reading the piece Time magazine did this week on The Sun. In addition to wishing you the best of luck, I'd also like to offer my services.

Since I haven't seen a copy of the "new" Sun yet, I'll have to make this a tentative offer. I stepped into a dung-hole the last time I took a job with a paper I didn't know anything about (see enclosed clippings) and I'm not quite ready to go charging up another blind alley.

By the time you get this letter, I'll have gotten hold of some of the recent issues of The Sun. Unless it looks totally worthless, I'll let my offer stand. And don't think that my arrogance is unintentional: it's just that I'd rather offend you now than after I started working for you.

I didn't make myself clear to the last man I worked for until after I took the job. It was as if the Marquis de Sade had suddenly found himself working for Billy Graham. The man despised me, of course, and I had nothing but contempt for him and everything he stood for. If you asked him, he'd tell you that I'm "not very likable, (that I) hate people, (that I) just want to be left alone, and (that I) feel too superior to mingle with the average person." (That's a direct quote from a memo he sent to the publisher.)

Nothing beats having good references.

Of course if you asked some of the other people I've worked for, you'd get a different set of answers.
                                            If you're interested enough to answer this letter, I'll be glad to furnish you with a list of references -- including the lad I work for now.

The enclosed clippings should give you a rough idea of who I am. It's a year old, however, and I've changed a bit since it was written. I've taken some writing courses from Columbia in my spare time, learned a hell of a lot about the newspaper business, and developed a healthy contempt for journalism as a profession.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a damned shame that a field as potentially dynamic and vital as journalism should be overrun with dullards, bums, and hacks, hag-ridden with myopia, apathy, and complacence, and generally stuck in a bog of stagnant mediocrity. If this is what you're trying to get The Sun away from, then I think I'd like to work for you.

Most of my experience has been in sports writing, but I can write everything from warmongering propaganda to learned book reviews.

I can work 25 hours a day if necessary, live on any reasonable salary, and don't give a black damn for job security, office politics, or adverse public relations.

I would rather be on the dole than work for a paper I was ashamed of.

It's a long way from here to British Columbia, but I think I'd enjoy the trip.

If you think you can use me, drop me a line.

If not, good luck anyway.

Sincerely, Hunter S. Thompson
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Did somebody just try to buy the British government?

When an eminent member of the House of Lords stands up six hours into a debate and blows the gaff on a shadowy foreign Foundation making a bid to buy the British state, and this is recorded in Hansard, one tends to sit up and take notice.

BBC Democracy - Live (starts at 2:28)
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

QQ

Can someone give me some information about an Irish student, in college in the UK, getting a J1 Visa for next summer

ty

Comment

So when is the next SIS scheme?

A silly question for the econs on here. How might something like this work. Borrowing is now 7.6% correct?
                                                  How about a Voluntary tax payment scheme. People can pay tax for the next 5 years over and beyond their tax band and at the end of that 5 years, they receive a rebate of all that tax PLUS a bonus of 5% and some tax reductions for the following 5 years. This could generate some extra income for the Govt for 2014 promise date. I'm an economics L plater so if you must laugh do it up yer sleeves.

Tomorrow I'm tackling the abortion issues, I'm recommending legalising it BUT extending the period until the kids reach 12 years as opposed to 12 weeks. . THis will keep them in check

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                    Is the IMF/ECB emergency fund now a cast iron certainty?
                                                    yes

What are the chances of us dropping the € and launching An Punt Nua?
                                                    There be the question and it's not so much an Irish question as a German one. We won't do anything unilaterally. It's more a question of, as the debt crisis in Europe widens and deepens (Greece to Ireland to Portugal to Spain to....??? Italy? Belgium?), at what point do the Germans simply turn around and tell all these delinquent nations to fuck off? Euro falls apart and we issue Lenny Pennies as our new national currency which immediately falls by 90% against ze Neue Deutschmark.

it's a risk that I've been highlighting for some time, quantifying it is more difficult as it's both a political and an economic issue. It's increasing daily at the moment however. I'd put it at about 30%, which for me is high enough to take hedging action against it.

At what point should people be moving liquid resources out of the country? What do you think the minimum resource would be to make it worthwhile?
                                                    They should have been doing it months ago as I have been banging on about. Things are about to get very hairy here and as capital flight intensifies (make no mistake, this is happening right now), the fools in Leinster House will get more and more desperate. Desperate men do desperate things. I wouldn't trust them with my money. Would you?

As to the threshold to make it worthwhile, that's a purely personal decision. A lot of money to me may be pennies to the balla types. It costs nothing to set up a foreign account and nothing to transfer to it.

If you had a significant mortgage at this point would it be worthwhile to move money out of the country rather than pay it off in the hope that we launch An Punt Nua, devlaue against the € and then bring your €'s back into the country to pay off double the original amount?
                                                    Overpaying your mortgage with spare cash now would be pretty daft imo.

How much do you charge for ongoing financial advise?
                                                    em, €50 per paragraph. UOI €250.

Comment

It costs nothing to set up a foreign account and nothing to transfer to it.
                                                      Do you have a link to a recommended German bank where I could transfer funds please?

what would I need to set it up

Passport, utility bills etc etc

Comment

Is UOI the opposite of IOU.
                                                        Google has churned out 50 different meanings for CDP.

You should come with referencing at the bottom of your posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                          Is UOI the opposite of IOU.
                                                          Google has churned out 50 different meanings for CDP.

You should come with referencing at the bottom of your posts.
                                                          CDP = Cumulative Probaility of Default

in pokah terms, the likelihood of us going el Busto within the next 5 years. Most pokah players would happily take 38%!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                            Do you have a link to a recommended German bank where I could transfer funds please?

what would I need to set it up

Passport, utility bills etc etc
                                                            you'll need to fly to Germany and do it in person if you want a German a\c (money laundering rules)

Keytrade are Belgian-based and you can open your accounts over the web. I've just done this for a relative and they're quite straightforward. It's a subsidiary of Crédit Agricole, so no worries (comparitive to Irish banks anyway!) about their viability.

Comment

also BK, read this

Comment

I've been trying to open up an account with commerzbank.
                                                                They don't seem to need me to fly over. It is taking a while to get sorted though.

Sent off keytrade stuff and have found them to be quite slow.
                                                                The english translations aren't 100% either, not that it's a problem.

Have been trying to get this sorted for a while now, getting frustrated.

Comment

also BK, read this
                                                                  I think you should change your profile pic Raoul, perhaps this ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I've been trying to open up an account with commerzbank.
                                                                    They don't seem to need me to fly over. It is taking a while to get sorted though.
                                                                    that's interesting, any German bank I spoke to required you to be there in person. I have an acount with Deutsche but kinda cheated as I used work contacts to set it up.

Sent off keytrade stuff and have found them to be quite slow.
                                                                    The english translations aren't 100% either, not that it's a problem.
                                                                    Took about 3 weeks from sending off forms to getting back passwords, account numbers etc. I quite like it - there's access to trading a range of markets as well as simple current\deposit banking. Transferring € from AIB is costing zero in charges as well - my relative did their first transfer yesterday.

Comment

on the Greyhound\CowenBro thing, these lads have form when it comes to dodgy insider FF dealings

aren't the Cowen's a perfect FF family by the way?
                                                                      One brother an auctioneer\councillor (same thing in FF world), another one a publican\tax dodger and the other one a TD\drunk.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfbOHebiBgw&feature=fvwk[/ame]

Comment

Thanks for the input so far, this is going to work out expensive at €50 a paragraph, however I'm confident that I'll get a personal NAMA Solution to sort me out

There be the question and it's not so much an Irish question as a German one. We won't do anything unilaterally. It's more a question of, as the debt crisis in Europe widens and deepens (Greece to Ireland to Portugal to Spain to....??? Italy? Belgium?), at what point do the Germans simply turn around and tell all these delinquent nations to fuck off? Euro falls apart and we issue Lenny Pennies as our new national currency which immediately falls by 90% against ze Neue Deutschmark.
                                                                          So foreign accounts in € would probably have a similar problem if Germany decides to launch ze neue Deutschmark?

it's a risk that I've been highlighting for some time, quantifying it is more difficult as it's both a political and an economic issue. It's increasing daily at the moment however. I'd put it at about 30%, which for me is high enough to take hedging action against it.
                                                                          Absolutely, on the other hand if it happens and people have managed to get a reasonable amount of liquid assets out of the country prior to it there could be a very comfortably lifestyle here afterwards

They should have been doing it months ago as I have been banging on about. Things are about to get very hairy here and as capital flight intensifies (make no mistake, this is happening right now), the fools in Leinster House will get more and more desperate. Desperate men do desperate things. I wouldn't trust them with my money. Would you?
                                                                          Yes, and I haven't been ignoring your warnings. What I'm more concerned about is the whole chicken and egg scenario. Capital flight reduces confidence which brings on a crisis which leads to capital flight which reduces confidence....

I don't trust what they're going to do in December never mind long term.

As to the threshold to make it worthwhile, that's a purely personal decision. A lot of money to me may be pennies to the balla types. It costs nothing to set up a foreign account and nothing to transfer to it.
                                                                          You can be sure that I ain't a balla, but money is obviously relative.

My thoughts exactly, which brings me back to my earlier point. If we launch An Punt Nua will your mortgage/loans/savings be transferred over at a 1:1 ratio?

So €250k becomes IRN£250k? where IRN£1 =€0.40

If so then having that cash elsewhere is obviously a massively EV proposition. Presuming of course that €1 = DMN 1 once the dust settles.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            Alex atones for his earlier sins.

Compare this task to the idiots with the blindfolded sheep in the irish apprentice.
                                                                            UK version showing at the same time as the Irish one really shows the Irish version up for the terrible imitation that it is.

In previous years the UK version was screened in April, so by the time the Irish one came around you'd half forgotten the UK one. Showing them both side by side is very very bad for the Irish one.

Sure the UK version has a much larger budget meaning it's tasks are more interesting and not limited to reducing the show to an hour long infomercial (+20 mins of regular ads on TV3), but I don't mind the fact the Irish one is one big ad, I accept their budget limitations, it makes perfect sense tbh.

Compare every other area of the two productions though:

Bill Cullen: Some of his comments this year have been astounding considering he's 'Ireland's most successful business man'. He made a comment this week along the lines of 'I don't want yiz using that internet, get out talkin to people, dats de real way te communicate' lol wut?
                                                                            A few weeks ago he gave Ciara grief for an idea she had in a brainstorming session, an idea the group discarded. How can 'Ireland's msbm' not understand the concept of brainstorming. Very annoying to watch.

Alan Sugar Forty years in business and the man is as sharp as a tack. Quick witted (comment about hot air and global warming was priceless), fearsome and entertaining. Every decision he makes is the correct one. Simply, the perfect man for that role.

Irish contestants Depressing really. To think that this bunch is Ireland's brightest (although given the overall poor production of the show, I'm wondering if the casting panel are best poised to make that decision). Jamie is the only inspiring one, and the only one that shows any sort of business acumen. The rest are boring to watch, uninspiring, talentless, cringeworthy (Barry) and dislikeable (Tara). Also, how that Limerick woman that couldn't operate a mobile phone got onto the show is simply mind boggling, again highlights the incompetence of the casting panel.

UK contestants Fantastic group of contestants in comparison to above, some dislikeable, but dislikeable in an entertaining way. Some are really inspiring and almost all are very talented.

People will argue that the UK has a far larger pool to pick from, fair enough, but the Irish show had in the region of 20k applicants, surely we can manage to pick twelve talented people from 20 thousand! This year there's only one person that so far has shown he deserves to be there. One in 20k. Embarrassing.

Henchmen Brian Purcell and Jackie are ok I suppose in their roles but whoring themselves in that silly cheap looking Cadburys ad last week was really cringeworthy and a mistake on the shows part imo, as any respect you may have had for them goes out the window.

Sugar's henchmen are excellent, Nick's sharp wit makes for great entertainment.

You're fired show Loved the UK version of this when Adrian Childes presented, was disappointed when I saw he wasn't doing it this year, but Dara O'Briain fills in well, the show suits his ad lib stlye perfectly and is a must watch each week.

I don't watch the Irish version of this anymore. I like Anton Savage when he fills in on Today fm, but he fails miserably at presenting this show, he just doesn't have the sharp wit required. And his delph really freak me out, he quite literally has a face for radio. Also, I haven't really been interested enough in the fired contestant to watch.

I made the decision last night that I'm giving up on the Irish one this year, I really couldn't care who wins at this stage, and although I've invested in it up to this point, It's just too tilting to watch.

tl;dr: UK apprentice > Irish apprentice imo
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What are the chances of the IMF changing our corporate tax rate? I am not to sure if this is something they can force on us and you do seem to be well in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Irish contestants Depressing really. To think that this bunch is Ireland's brightest (although given the overall poor production of the show, I'm wondering if the casting panel are best poised to make that decision). Jamie is the only inspiring one, and the only one that shows any sort of business acumen. The rest are boring to watch, uninspiring, talentless, cringeworthy (Barry) and dislikeable (Tara). Also, how that Limerick woman that couldn't operate a mobile phone got onto the show is simply mind boggling, again highlights the incompetence of the casting panel.

tl;dr: UK apprentice > Irish apprentice imo
                                                                                whatever about the rest of your post (which I agree with)

I find it hard to believe that anybody thinks the part in bold is correct! Nobody of any real worth or business sense (no offence flipper) would go for the Irish apprentice. Some will go for the publicity, some because they have nothing better to do, but there's nobody of any real worth on the thing.

Comment

Pity sneaky old DErmot Desmond wouldnt do the Irish apprentice. I would love to see what tasks he would come up with and Im sure the candiates would love to get a trip to Barbados as a reward.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                    What are the chances of the IMF changing our corporate tax rate? I am not to sure if this is something they can force on us and you do seem to be well in the know.
                                                                                    close to zero as makes no difference

if you see the IMF as the surgeon coming in to administer life-saving treatment to the sick patient, they're hardly going to turn around and perform a procedure that will 100% ensure death!

Comment

Thats good to hear. We can keep some semblance of an economy going then so. I really didnt think that i would ever be hoping for an increase in income tax but now I have already accepted the drop in my pay packet which I think is most of the bad news I will be getting from this budget barring the inevitable hike in petrol, booze and smokes. Delighted to be a childless, non home owner and getting free health insurance thru work

Comment

I find it hard to believe that anybody thinks the part in bold is correct! Nobody of any real worth or business sense (no offence flipper) would go for the Irish apprentice. Some will go for the publicity, some because they have nothing better to do, but there's nobody of any real worth on the thing.
                                                                                        You're right in one sense, I don't expect the contestants to actually be 'Ireland's brightest', obv Ireland's brightest and best don't have any want or need for such a show, but the fact they're the brightest and best of c20k applicants is depressing enough.

I don't agree with the bolded part though, obviously the majority of applicants will be wannabe morons, but the show is bound to attract some genuinely talented people. Look at the guy who won last year, he was excellent imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                          I have already accepted the drop in my pay packet which I think is most of the bad news I will be getting from this budget barring the inevitable hike in petrol, booze and smokes. Delighted to be a childless, non home owner and getting free health insurance thru work
                                                                                          good spot to be in imo

in the interests of 'burden sharing' and 'taking pain equally', I would like to offer you a year in my gaff. I'll throw in two kids to sweeten the deal.

Comment

Brag: I'm in bed.
                                                                                            Beat: puked on the train into work this morning, and went home an hour after getting in.
                                                                                            Brag: made it to the toilet in the train in time.
                                                                                            Beat: feel like shit and might not be able to play jp's game tomorrow night.

Comment

US Apprentice > English one > Irish one. (hmmm I wonder why)
                                                                                              I've watched the US Apprentice, it's even more cut throat the the BBC one and in my view the candidates are far superior. It's kind of harsh to contradict
                                                                                              the Irish one . It is what it is and it makes very funny viewing at times. We have to remember that Irish Television is not the BBC nor will it ever be. We lag behind in many ways. I think the show is not too bad an effort all things considering. As for the canditates. They are picked for entertainment value I'm sure. Remember Geraldine last yeear and that other twit. I'm sure the interviewers rubbed their hands together nabbing those two.

They should at least be honest though.
                                                                                              15 fame hungry people will compete and entertain you for the next 10 weeks, however some of them are cabbages, let's see how long they'll last and have a right ol laugh as they do their best to perform several tasks without paying any attention to the actual directives issued to them. Then guy smiley will interivew each cabbage as they are knocked out.

Comment

whats the story with ticketmaster

being trying all morning to get 2 tickets for taylor swift next march and keeps on telling me to try again later

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                  whats the story with ticketmaster

being trying all morning to get 2 tickets for taylor swift next march and keeps on telling me to try again later
                                                                                                  Means their perv filter is working
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This, anyone in a decent Senior Mgt position is hardly going to take a fucking paycut selling cars for good old Bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                      We have to remember that Irish Television is not the BBC nor will it ever be. We lag behind in many ways.
                                                                                                      Very true Willie, there's a massive difference in budgets and therefore production, I understand that, but the Irish shows shortcomings I mentioned have little to do with budget.

Then guy smiley will interivew each cabbage as they are knocked out.
                                                                                                      lol

Comment

Out of interest, why?
                                                                                                        Because doing exactly this (paying a chunk of my mortgage whilst what I have in the bank is €10000 rather than 10000 puntNua) was what I was intending to do in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Means their perv filter is working
                                                                                                          you just bring so much to the BBV

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Out of interest, why?
                                                                                                            Because doing exactly this (paying a chunk of my mortgage whilst what I have in the bank is €10000 rather than 10000 puntNua) was what I was intending to do in the next few weeks.
                                                                                                            with this much uncertainty abroad, what's the hurry to reduce your mortgage now? I'd far rather be holding cash, preferably outside the State and certainly outside the Irish banks.

I'd agree that in times of stability, early repayment of your mortgage is a good idea and will save you much €€€ over the term (especially if you are on a nutty 30\35\40 year term)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Very true Willie, there's a massive difference in budgets and therefore production, I understand that, but the Irish shows shortcomings I mentioned have little to do with budget.

lol
                                                                                                              Have you watched the Donald Trump one yet?. In one episode (think the 2007 series) the 3 brought back were bitching as all of them fcked up. Some excellent sniping. Trump said he found it difficult to pick between them so pointed at one, YOUR FIRED, the other two sat back relieved, then he said to the 2nd one, YOUR FIRED, the 3rd one got a tiny bit of praise then he said YoUR FIRED (excellent slowroll) . I fell off the chair laughing as these 3 would hang their granny got 10p

Comment

Out of interest, why?
                                                                                                                Move your money out now, move it back in post-punt nua -> be worth 1 jillion punt nuas. If anything, take out more mortgages now!

Financial advice from 49 new deutschmarks a paragraph

Comment

lol. Gave the students an exam there and one of the questions was giving an example of where you would want to minimise the friction between two surfaces.

Obv someone comes out with the teenage boy answer. Fair play to him for actually writing it down!

Comment

Have you watched the Donald Trump one yet?. In one episode (think the 2007 series) the 3 brought back were bitching as all of them fcked up. Some excellent sniping. Trump said he found it difficult to pick between them so pointed at one, YOUR FIRED, the other two sat back relieved, then he said to the 2nd one, YOUR FIRED, the 3rd one got a tiny bit of praise then he said YoUR FIRED (excellent slowroll) . I fell off the chair laughing as these 3 would hang their granny got 10p
                                                                                                                    Brilliant.

I watched it once about six years ago and enjoyed it, but I prefer the UK one, probably because it's a lot easier to relate to, and there's fewer loud brash annoying Americans.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brk7UH3R5u8[/ame]

Comment

the first one trump did was the only one i ever watched. everything else seemed so poor after that. feel a bit left out of all these discussions.

it's great how much stuff you can get done these days without even getting out of bed. denny crane; best dressed man on television.

Comment

Out of interest, why?
                                                                                                                          This is because your €1Irish will buy you €1German.
                                                                                                                          And your future obligation of €Y Irish is the same is if it was €Y German

In X years, after the inevitable default and new currency is set up (Raoul's message not mine)

You will owe £Y Irish instead of €Y Irish.

If you've changed your €Irish to €German (now), you will no doubt get a serious bonus on transferring back to £Irish if/when the above happens.

Some sums

Mortgage of €200,000 - 1Irish€ = 1German€

becomes Mortgage of £200,000 - 1Irish£ = .55German€

essentially if you swap, you will get a discount on your mortgage to the tune of the currency rate difference.

EDIT - this works too
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                                          Move your money out now, move it back in post-punt nua -> be worth 1 jillion punt nuas. If anything, take out more mortgages now!

Financial advice from 49 new deutschmarks a paragraph
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 04-11-10, 12:45.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X