This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
    Anyone notice that Bale creates much more when VDV is off the pitch? Not just basing it on tonight but most of the games since VDV joined the club. I know it's kind of obvious the reasons why but just an observation.
    They play a different game without VDV, much more based on sitting back and using Bale as a counter-attacking threat, at least based on the couple of games I've seen of them...

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQDt88_dfHY&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
      GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        Yeah, enjoy him for the next five years at least.
        when's the dvd out?
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
          Bales gonna Bale!
          Bebe's gonna Bebe!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
            lol Malouda has only had one good season for Chelsea, pretty similar to Kalaou imo.

Bale looks a talent.
            2 good seasons, joint top scorer in league now I think, few assists. Good player.

Bale is a talented kid, good player. lets see where he is in a year.
            Last edited by CHDad; 02-11-10, 21:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              Looking forward to the DVD
              god damn it
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                What Bale did to Inter in the last two games is waaaay beyond what Malouda is capable of by the way.
                lol

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                  Anyone notice that Bale creates much more when VDV is off the pitch? Not just basing it on tonight but most of the games since VDV joined the club. I know it's kind of obvious the reasons why but just an observation.
                  Ye fully agree.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    2 good seasons, joint top scorer in league now I think, few assists. Good player.

Bale is a talented kid, god player. lets see where he is in a year.
                    You said it

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                      Jesus Christ. Bale is top class, Potentially world class but are you seriously trying to beat down Malouda. Malouda has had an awesome season, Better than Bales anyhow. In short Malouda > Bale ATM IMO.
                      Not at all, it wasn't me who started comparing the players.

All I'm saying is Malouda is not capable of single-handedly tearing a team of Inter's class apart like that.

Comment

I'm a long time suffering Spurs fan and loved those two Champions League games where Gareth Bale starred. His running game won't last long imo, possibly a couple of years. That pace will dull unfortunately as time passes. A big plus is he's not English.

Fantastic game tonight from Spurs.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                          You said it
                          lol, I think I am right about him. We will see soon. It is just annoying how people blow there load after a player has a run of good form and claim they are world class.

Very few players are world class.

Comment

Not at all, it wasn't me who started comparing the players.

All I'm saying is Malouda is not capable of single-handedly tearing a team of Inter's class apart like that.
                            I dunno Keano he ripped UTD a new arsehole in Old Traff last year and UTD>Inter

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              I dunno Keano he ripped UTD a new arsehole in Old Traff last year and UTD>Inter
                              Malouda is very good defensively, powerful and now knows what it takes in the PL and is doing it.

Well capable of matching Bale's recent performances and possibly more.

Comment

Stunt ship me an Amazon voucher or a sharpening steel of owed value
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Who was it that called Van Der Vaart a fancy dan or somesuch and something about him being an unknown when a team are losing?
                                  Almost.

I said he is a world class player that i wished Arsenal would have signed and a complete snip at £8m.

I said that i would have questioned paying the £17m asking price because he's known to go walkabouts when the team isn't playing well

So far, he's been a pleasure to watch and delighted to see him in the Premiership regardless of the team he plays for. I actually enjoy watching Spurs playing ball and don't have a complete hatred for them. They put in a fantastic performance tonight and fully deserved the win

Comment

Anybody have any idea why clicking "unfollow" on twitter isn't stopping a guy's updates coming up on my page?

Comment

United not yet firing on all cyliners a team in decline according to many and yet the great Spurs looked ordinary on Saturday. Deserved their 1-0 defeat Now they will have the 2nd best 11 in the PL. Oh dear, decades of disappointment have made the Spurs fans fall in love with KJ UTG. Looking forward to the rest of this season.

Malouda is an incredible player at times, bale is inconsistant. Where has he been in the PL lately. I agree he has huge potential but let's not get too mad, it was only a Rafa team he led a merry dance to.

Bale is in my FF ream so perhaps Im bitter he has got me little these last few games.
                                      Last edited by Solskjaer; 02-11-10, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        United not yet firing,on all cyliners a team in decline according to many and yet the great Spurs looked ordinary on Saturday. Deserved their 1-0 defeat Now they will have the 2nd best 11 in the PL. Oh dear, decades of disappointment have made the Spurs fans fall in love with KJ UTG. Looking forward to the rest of this season.

Malouda is an incredible player at times, bale is inconsistant. Where has he been in the PL lately. I agree he has huge potential but let's not get too mad, it was only a Rafa team he led a merry dance to.

Bale is in my FF ream so perhaps Im bitter he has got me little these last few games.
                                        Spurs - 3 points ahead of Liverpool in the league after 10 games.

Comment

Berbatov was a complete disaster tonight. Back to his old ways of giving out to everyone that doesn't place the pass directly to his feet and was continuously caught offside cos he was too lazy to stay in line.

The way things are going, I'm hoping it will be Rooney and Chico up front.

Comment

Facebook's getting even stranger...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Spurs - 3 points ahead of Liverpool in the league after 10 games.

Don't worry when ye get over the Chelsea hump this weekend it will be swapsies with Spurs in the PL. Hmm A daring scouse bit for Bale with new monies would shake em up.

Loving this season everyone is relatively crap. Spainsh Legue has my record button occupied these days.
                                              Reminds me gotta delete that Rovers game, horrible horrible Friday.

Comment

Anybody have any idea why clicking "unfollow" on twitter isn't stopping a guy's updates coming up on my page?
                                                Something to do with the new version, I switched back to the default and it works ok.

Comment

Comment

For anybody who's into Jonsi/Sigur Rós, this is epic:

Timelapse film of jónsi's concert at The Wiltern in Los Angeles on Oct. 17, 2010. Film by Henry Jun Wah Lee and Kim Reid. Music: Sinking Friendships…

Comment

Rarely play online, and get ~60BB all in on the turn (about 10BB more before turn) in a $109 game on PPP tonight with 44 vs 77 on a 456J board. 3 on the river obv Still absolutely steaming and if I did this full-time would need to be in a room with everything bolted down!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                        Facebook's getting even stranger...
                                                        That has to be fake.
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

That has to be fake.
                                                          I'd say 99% of lamebook posts are fake

Comment

Anyone else here watching Chuck? Some of the cameos are epic including old spice guy.

Timothy Dalton is just barmy in the latest episode. Quality stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                              Anyone else here watching Chuck? Some of the cameos are epic including old spice guy.

Timothy Dalton is just barmy in the latest episode. Quality stuff.
                                                              Watching Poker Million. Theo Jorgensen runs so bad

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                Hes made Maicon look so ordinary tonight.
                                                                Maicon is not a good defender, at all. Nobody seems to see this except me, though.

EDIT - and Elshambo apparently. Should have known any man to know who the best player in the world truly is would be able to judge any footballer.
                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                  Maicon is not a good defender, at all. Nobody seems to see this except me, though.

EDIT - and Elshambo apparently. Should have known any man to know who the best player in the world truly is would be able to judge any footballer.
                                                                  I completely agree with you. He should do a Bale and become a winger.

Comment

Who cares when he can do this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsCbXu5it6Y[/ame]

Comment

I knew it. He is a Brazilian full back after all. Not noted for being outstanding defenders usually.

Ramos is the best right back around today, imo.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jasas yer getting fierce handy at this thanks whoring lark

I completely agree with you. He should do a Bale and become a winger.
                                                                          Personally don't think Maicon would work as a winger, likes to come on to the ball in space so he has time to look up (same fault all us crap at defending, bomb forward fullbacks have)

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          lol, American's are so dumb. Voting for the party that's clearly trying to prevent them having effective consumer protection and stop them having universal healthcare.

Welcome to idiocracy.

Time to dust off the mandarin manuals imo
                                                                          Told ya that film was more a documentary than a comedy

Comment

lol, American's are so dumb. Voting for the party that's clearly trying to prevent them having effective consumer protection and stop them having universal healthcare.

Welcome to idiocracy.

i'm with you but the parocial (sp?) politics of the Dems have shot themselves in the foot when Obama was trying to push through a lot of things, a lot of Dems voted against obamacare and a few other things. This leads to a sense he hasnt done anything and the party suffers.
                                                                            Any country that listens to media belittle political heads because they are elitist and use facts and figures deserve everything they get.
                                                                            America is a great country, Americans are, by and large, idiots.

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                chap called Kakak posts here yeah? just wondering if you're Kakak2 on ipoker? On your table in the 7k guar if so

missed that, it was me yeah, how did you go, I got fcuking hammered in everything I did tonight

Comment

posted earlier looking for $150 on moneybookers for $150 on tilt, if anyone can even do my $150 on full tilt for $150 stars would work for me aswell thanks.

Comment

Welcome to idiocracy.

the ironing is delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                                      I knew it. He is a Brazilian full back after all. Not noted for being outstanding defenders usually.

Ramos is the best right back around today, imo.
                                                                                      This is a myth, Brazil are one of the most defensive sides about for a good few years now and have some great defensive players. The national team plays defensive football using these players.

Comment

That model show was tilting, but they always are.

The bushy eyebrows thing is just wrong.
                                                                                        Now, I can't can't stand when girls pluck their eyebrows to fuck and have two thin lines or worse still, the nutballs that pluck them off entirely and draw them on (the mind boggles) but bushy is not good.

It is not 'in', it just looks creepy.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Any penguins around here so I can kill a few!

Comment

This is a myth, Brazil are one of the most defensive sides about for a good few years now and have some great defensive players. The national team plays defensive football using these players.
                                                                                            You're right, ya know.
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                              Any penguins around here so I can kill a few!
                                                                                              ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                              I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

ye but thats because they have been playing with 2 defensive midfielders, started back in 06 with the magic 4 or whatever it was called up front. as wing backs go the are still poor defensively. Have been since cafu retired.

Comment

I was referring to full backs. Maicon, Dani Alves, Roberto Carlos, not exactly people you'd associate with being great defenders are they? Beletti, Sylvinho to mention another two.

Obviously there have been good center-halves(Lucio, Alex, Pepe, plays for Portugal but Brazilian born; to name but three). They also play with 2 DMs as it's been said already.

Comment

I was referring to full backs. Maicon, Dani Alves, Roberto Carlos, not exactly people you'd associate with being great defenders are they? Beletti, Sylvinho to mention another two.

Obviously there have been good center-halves(Lucio, Alex, Pepe, plays for Portugal but Brazilian born; to name but three). They also play with 2 DMs as it's been said already.
                                                                                                    They are all pretty good defensively though tbf, Maicon and Dani Alves the only weak ones. Alex doesn't even make the squad and he is first choice for the English Champions.

Comment

Thiago silva is immense and David Luiz the benfica cb looks like he will be a star for many years to come. But they just dont do defensive wing backs. attacking wise yes they are good but run at them and they have no idea what to do. As i said before none compare to cafu.

thats not directed at you moneymaker but rather others just quoted you.

Comment

He's a white Malouda, good player is all and on form.
                                                                                                        haterzgonnahate.jpg

Comment

They are all pretty good defensively though tbf, Maicon and Dani Alves the only weak ones. Alex doesn't even make the squad and he is first choice for the English Champions.
                                                                                                          Carlos, Sylvinho and and especially Belletti were hardly good defensively! Belletti was a total liability at right back when he played there regularly. Alves is actually a surprisingly good defender, imo, but Maicon is woeful not only in defending ability but also desire, so many times he simply watches as runners go past him and even in huge games I've seen him do that.
                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                            haterzgonnahate.jpg
                                                                                                            spursmuppetsgonaoverrate.jpg

Comment

Carlos, Sylvinho and and especially Belletti were hardly good defensively! Belletti was a total liability at right back when he played there regularly. Alves is actually a surprisingly good defender, imo, but Maicon is woeful not only in defending ability but also desire, so many times he simply watches as runners go past him and even in huge games I've seen him do that.
                                                                                                              They weren't bad defensively imo, don't let the the last few years as they age cloud your judgement. Alves is hit and miss and in the big CL games I have seen him he in has been woeful going forward and at the back, when Barca played Chelsea couple seasons ago he was more effective for us. Alot like Maicon actually.

I remember Carlos being solid but admittedly didn't see alot of him defensively, he was in some seriously good teams years ago. Just alot of wasted free kicks.

Comment

Stunt ship me an Amazon voucher or a sharpening steel of owed value
                                                                                                                you can't eat Amazon vouchers!

PM me your email address and I'll sort it out now

wp by the way, she was definitely the right choice but I thought my guy had momentum - his dessert was lolbad though (chocolate rice crispie base, wtf?)
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Football match before the IPB Game on the 13th November, we need to make a call on the pitch today so if you're interested and willing to commit to play go to the thread and let me know.
                                                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    you can't eat Amazon vouchers!

PM me your email address and I'll sort it out now

wp by the way, she was definitely the right choice but I thought my guy had momentum - his dessert was lolbad though (chocolate rice crispie base, wtf?)
                                                                                                                    I was really rooting for him though. When he said after Noma "i just want to go home and be able to tell my parents that I did really well today" AHhhh, and then he said at one stage "I just want my parents to be proud that I'm their son." You have to like him!

Edit: Insert joke about mummys boy below.....

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                      I was really rooting for him though. When he said after Noma "i just want to go home and be able to tell my parents that I did really well today" AHhhh, and then he said at one stage "I just want my parents to be proud that I'm their son." You have to like him!

Edit: Insert joke about mummys boy below.....
                                                                                                                      He looked like the bad guy in men in black though. I kept expecting him to eat someone.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                        He looked like the bad guy in men in black though. I kept expecting him to eat someone.
                                                                                                                        his deconstructed chicken pie looked amazing, hope he gets some good job offers out of the whole experience

program is way better without the annoying Australian guy too
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          his deconstructed chicken pie looked amazing, hope he gets some good job offers out of the whole experience
                                                                                                                          surely that's a given, you can't expect them to go flipping bugers in McD's now?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X