This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Had a look into those sports betting books you posted yesterday (by William Mallios). The table of contents looks really good. Think they'll cost about £180 for the pair of them though which is a bit scary. Have a pal of a pal who is full time trading sports markets for a hedge fund. The lucky fck gets to spend half the year in Barbados.
    Cheers for that. Yeah price is very scary.

This one also looks good: [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Economics-Gambling-Leighton-Vaughan-Williams/dp/0415260914/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288694318&sr=8-1[/ame]

Seems like a really interesting area for a PHD.

Comment

Essential kit for any serious poker player

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMp0snBrFB0[/ame]

Comment

** Hand # 3603226494 starting - 2010-11-02 10:29:25
        ** Everybody Hurts 2 [Hold'em] (2|4 NL - Cash Game) Real Money

ColandEasy sitting in seat 1 with €174.73[Dealer]
        stagione sitting in seat 2 with €451.00
        CHIZAL sitting in seat 3 with €314.16
        Sirups sitting in seat 4 with €238.10
        Cocco_Bill sitting in seat 5 with €904.00
        Admore1 sitting in seat 6 with €551.90
        fatshaft sitting in seat 7 with €400.00
        Killer1 sitting in seat 8 with €400.00[Sitting out]
        Silent_0ne69 sitting in seat 9 with €421.80
        stagione posted the small blind - €2.00
        CHIZAL posted the big blind - €4.00

** Dealing cards to fatshaft: 9d, 9c
        Sirups called - €4.00
        Cocco_Bill folded
        Admore1 folded
        fatshaft called - €4.00
        Silent_0ne69 folded
        ColandEasy called - €4.00
        stagione folded
        CHIZAL checked

** Dealing the flop: 9h, 10h, 10c
        CHIZAL checked
        Sirups checked
        fatshaft bet - €12.00
        ColandEasy folded
        CHIZAL called - €12.00
        Sirups raised to €40.00
        fatshaft raised to €68.00
        CHIZAL folded
        Sirups went all-in - €194.10
        fatshaft called - €234.10

** Dealing the turn: 6s

** Dealing the river: 6h
        Sirups shows: 10s, Qd
        fatshaft mucks: 9d, 9c
        Sirups wins €495.20 from the main pot

Rake: €3

Comment

Originally posted by fatshaft View Post
          ** Hand # 3603226494 starting - 2010-11-02 10:29:25
          ** Everybody Hurts 2 [Hold'em] (2|4 NL - Cash Game) Real Money

ColandEasy sitting in seat 1 with €174.73[Dealer]
          stagione sitting in seat 2 with €451.00
          CHIZAL sitting in seat 3 with €314.16
          Sirups sitting in seat 4 with €238.10
          Cocco_Bill sitting in seat 5 with €904.00
          Admore1 sitting in seat 6 with €551.90
          fatshaft sitting in seat 7 with €400.00
          Killer1 sitting in seat 8 with €400.00[Sitting out]
          Silent_0ne69 sitting in seat 9 with €421.80
          stagione posted the small blind - €2.00
          CHIZAL posted the big blind - €4.00

** Dealing cards to fatshaft: 9d, 9c
          Sirups called - €4.00
          Cocco_Bill folded
          Admore1 folded
          fatshaft called - €4.00
          Silent_0ne69 folded
          ColandEasy called - €4.00
          stagione folded
          CHIZAL checked

** Dealing the flop: 9h, 10h, 10c
          CHIZAL checked
          Sirups checked
          fatshaft bet - €12.00
          ColandEasy folded
          CHIZAL called - €12.00
          Sirups raised to €40.00
          fatshaft raised to €68.00
          CHIZAL folded
          Sirups went all-in - €194.10
          fatshaft called - €234.10

** Dealing the turn: 6s

** Dealing the river: 6h
          Sirups shows: 10s, Qd
          fatshaft mucks: 9d, 9c
          Sirups wins €495.20 from the main pot

Rake: €3
          Table name says it all really.

Comment

Anyone have any experience organising an exhibition/trade show or dealing with expo companies - i.e. companies who organise exhibitions on a regular basis. Have a few questions someone here might be able to help me with.
            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

OK, thinking of buying the Fujitsu lifebook A530, core i5 laptop. Decent price on elara.ie or amazon. Can't link as I'm on my phone, but anyone got a better alternative for under 800? I'd like better resolution than 1366x768, but don't want a bigger screen.

Comment

Free Movie: Unstoppable - Thurs 11th Nov Blanch UCI, 7pm.

Be quick:

Code: 382616

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JM-0Ywc7wNY[/ame]

Looks good, Speed 3.
                Pity Blanch is out of the way, nearly everywhere is out of the way if you don't have a car.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Blackjack question

Table minimum bet €10, Sidegame minimum bet €10
                  4 deck shuffle

Sidegame rules
                  The combination of your two cards and the dealers first card must be either

3 of a kind
                  A Flush
                  A Straight

If they are the house pays 9/1

If not you lose the side bet
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It strikes me that the edge has to be with the house for the sidegame, else they wouldn't promote it. However getting 9/1 makes up for a lot of 52/48 runs on the main game.

Should we be playing the sidegame

1) Every hand
                  2) Hands were the previous hand had few or no matching suits/straights/2 or 3 of a kind
                  3) Never
                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                    Pity Blanch is out of the way, nearly everywhere is out of the way if you don't have a car.
                    Blanch being out of the way is a good thing
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Blanch being out of the way is a good thing
                      It wouldn't be too far if I were driving

Israeli security shoots traveller's laptop.

They kill it good:

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Israeli security shoots traveller's laptop.

They kill it good:
                          http://lilysussman.wordpress.com/200...ome-to-israel/
                          in fairness, this was pretty dumb:

Toward the beginning of the search an officer began clicking through the photos on my camera. She froze on a picture of graffiti, which read “Fuck” scrawled next to the Jewish star of David

Comment

quick question re make up - thanks for the replies via mark up

say I get staked by player A for 1k and lose. Do I pay player A back with the next tourney that I profit in or the next tourney that he stakes me into?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              quick question re make up
                              Buy a good quality foundation is the best tip I can give you.The Mabelene one is excellent.
                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

hmmm, notorious drunkard long-standing TD Jim McDaid has just resigned his Dail seat with immediate effect

wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                  Ship the seat in the Boylepoker 'Be our sponsored pro' live final table, woot!!
                                  N1 Danny, best of luck with it. These bosp games are nuts. I would be sick if some of the players I've played against in them got the 10k package so as long as I don't get a seat in Galway, I'll be hoping you tid. Very best of luck.

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                  ship it and it was actually 1.8K .

Omaha is eaaaaaaaaaaaasy game.
                                  That's one sick run you are on. Have you really only started playing omaha? WP either way.

Comment

hmmm, notorious drunkard long-standing TD Jim McDaid has just resigned his Dail seat with immediate effect

wonder why?
                                    4 by-elections for FF to ignore now!
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                      4 by-elections for FF to ignore now!
                                      doesn't matter, there'll be an election by May next year (check out PPP's odds)

the question is what do we get first: IMF or new government?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        Channel 4 must be way behind in showing Premier league poker.

Forward this episode to around 42minutes to see some great action

Opr
                                        Thanks for this. Its a good laugh. Does anyone know how old this is or when it was recorded?

Forward to around 20mins in too for a funny hand between Shwartz and Negreanu. The look on Negreanu's face after it is good

Comment

Masterchef final tonight!
                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                            Masterchef final tonight!
                                            I'm up for the nervous guy

prop bet?

Comment

prop bet?
                                              I think the big gal will TID...........

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                I think the big gal will TID...........
                                                I had a feeling you'd take the fat bird

I don't think the other dude has much of a chance but wtf do I know?

Comment

Originally posted by Hexas Toldem View Post

Police have advised ALL PARENTS, Please don't enter your baby into the NEXT Baby competition on facebook or any other networking site. It has nothing to do with NEXT it has been set up by a peodophile ring!! pleasecopy and paste! Xx
                                                  about an hour ago · Comment · Like
                                                  Just seen this posted on Facebook so be careful,I don't know how true it is though,but you can never be too careful.

LOL shit like that never gets old for me.
                                                  There is so much wrong with the above statement, shit like that has been doing the rounds for years.
                                                  I also love how the user sincerly signs off with Xx
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

prop bet?
                                                    I'll take the scouser

Loser buys a €25 lunch voucher in Pitchet or something.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        LOL shit like that never gets old for me.
                                                        There is so much wrong with the above statement, shit like that has been doing the rounds for years.
                                                        I also love how the user sincerly signs off with Xx
                                                        remove anyone from your friendslist who posts up crap like that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          Time for a new agreement gif Lloyd!

edit
                                                          fml TD got there 1st

new one
                                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 02-11-10, 12:07.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                            any love for "Big Love" here? just finished season 1 and have to say i'm pretty impressed! I don't think i've seen anyone mention it yet. Bill Paxton delivers as usual and so do his 3 wives. it holds its own, and sets up season 2 very nicely.

can't post any links through this proxy so here's the imdb page

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421030/
                                                            Yeah its very good.

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            OK, thinking of buying the Fujitsu lifebook A530, core i5 laptop. Decent price on elara.ie or amazon. Can't link as I'm on my phone, but anyone got a better alternative for under 800? I'd like better resolution than 1366x768, but don't want a bigger screen.
                                                            You really should be able to pick up something far cheaper I would hang on for a bit.

Actually, as a follow on from 5Star:

Thinking of getting a Dell Studio 15.6 laptop with i3 350M chip, 4gb ram, 1gb graphics card. Total cost is about £570.

Two questions that I'd highly appreciate an answer to:

- Is that laptop good enough value? Can't really go over the £600 price point, so that's obviously a bit of a restriction.

- Will that chip + ram combo handle just about anything? Won't be really playing games on it, but will be running some largish data analysis programs - would this be sufficient for doing that? (see that this Intel chip its counted, just about, as a high-end chip on cpubenchmark.net, so guessing it should be okay, but not really sure)
                                                            - Yes seems very good.

- Should handle it no problems.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I'll take the scouser

that's the woman, right?

OK, done - I'll take Mr Shaky Hands, thought he was very impressive last night but your woman is probably ahead on the balance of play so far.

Comment

I had a feeling you'd take the fat bird

I don't think the other dude has much of a chance but wtf do I know?
                                                                Not much about anything.
                                                                Last edited by Ace; 02-11-10, 12:17.

Comment

wtf? how could he object to a vote to save women's lives?
                                                                  if you're familiar with the details of McDaid's career, you'll know that he's capable of pretty much anything

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                    Does anyone know how old this is or when it was recorded?
                                                                    It was recorded recently as its the current season that is airing on channel4. That website is some Dutch channel that is showing it and seems to be a good few weeks ahead of channel4.

Opr

Comment

that's the woman, right?

OK, done - I'll take Mr Shaky Hands, thought he was very impressive last night but your woman is probably ahead on the balance of play so far.
                                                                      Yeah but he needs to man up.... What you make of that Noma place or it's philosophy?

Comment

from the Times article:

Isn't the risk of cervical cancer incredibly low?
                                                                        Everything has a cost...

We could all drive at 5mph and reduce the road deaths to zero.

I'll take the scouser

good website

Informasi Update: Berita Slot Terkini dan Trik Praktis untuk Jackpot

Comment

Yeah but he needs to man up.... What you make of that Noma place or it's philosophy?
                                                                          looks oarsome imo, would love to go. Chef seemed ridic. sound compared to wankers like Ramsey

either there or Arzak I think for my dream dinner

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                              Blackjack question
                                                                              ...
                                                                              3) Never
                                                                              IMO
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Was in the Cliff Town House last week. Ridic good value 3 courses of excellent food for €25.

Comment

looks oarsome imo, would love to go. Chef seemed ridic. sound compared to wankers like Ramsey

either there or Arzak I think for my dream dinner
                                                                                  i've been entering the El bulli seat draw for the last couple of years. no luck so far, and only 2 years left before he closes down and becomes a school for the gifted :-(

Comment

ahhahahaha Awesome!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKMHpiapyUs[/ame]

Opr

Comment

i've been entering the El bulli seat draw for the last couple of years. no luck so far, and only 2 years left before he closes down and becomes a school for the gifted :-(
                                                                                      Is that the one near Barcelona? Arzak seems more realistic for actually managing to get in the door!

Comment

I think some of you have the details of Jim McDaid's action here a little backwards - the Government in 2008 acted to limit the cervical cancer vaccination programme - McDaid was against this and when he acted against the party in abstaining in a Fine Gael vote (which was never going to succeed) on a motion to give the go-ahead to the full programme, he lost the FF party whip. It mightn't have been a big thing, but just abstaining on the vote was giving two fingers to the party's stance on the issue, he showed he had some element of backbone compared to the sheep on both sides of the Dail floor who mindlessly toe the party line no matter what their own thoughts on the matters on hand are.

I still think he should have been made resign in the aftermath of the drunk driving incident, that was a disgrace.

Comment

Is that the one near Barcelona? Arzak seems more realistic for actually managing to get in the door!
                                                                                          yup, that's the one. i like the idea of the draw though. if you're lucky and get a seat, you just organise a couple of days away and spend one of them going through what looks like the most original culinary experience ever created. There's no real need to go there, but receiving an email saying "you've been invited to attend..." would be a nice little surprise to start with.

Comment

...
                                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 02-11-10, 12:59.

Comment

Looks like Noma is generally available:

What you say a meal costs there? Are we talking ridic sums like +€500 for two, or maybe a bit more reasonable?
                                                                                              Taster menu is €150, Copenhagen is a great city, some serious nutjobs in the place we ended up.

IPB trip!

Comment

Looks like Noma is generally available:

What you say a meal costs there? Are we talking ridic sums like +€500 for two, or maybe a bit more reasonable?
                                                                                                150 euros for 7 courses
                                                                                                +75 extra for 7 glasses of wine

or

200 for 12 courses!!

Comment

...

Comment

I miss this dude on X-Factor:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlUmQMyh8Hs&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      IMO
                                                                                                      yeah, that was my thinking on it.

I was playing the other night and in about an hour and a half there were a significant number of winning hands that came up on the sidegame which got me thinking about it.

In reality I would say that it's far less than 10% of hands where it happens so you're taking the worst of it, the table I was playing at had 4 other players during the time I was there and they were gung ho on it and couldn't understand why I wasn't playing. Going so far as to point it out each time I would have won on the sidegame (probably 6/7 times) but it's clear that it's an opportunity to take money from you.

Still can't bring myself to play roulette either, I'm not sure I'm really cut out for going to casinos
                                                                                                      Last edited by Iago; 02-11-10, 13:20.
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

says he is a house husband, but he has to be bent?
                                                                                                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Used up all my luck for 2010 getting a seat in the draw this year (first time applicant) - sent a one line email saying 'traveling from Ireland specifically for this - any day/time will do'.

36 courses of pure art (not inc. chocolate and three bottles of wine) over 5 hours.

Nothing short of a breathtaking experience.

Noma is on the to-do list. Perhaps next year.

B.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                            In reality I would say that it's far less than 10% of hands where it happens so you're taking the worst of it, the table I was playing at had 4 other players during the time I was there and they were gung ho on it and couldn't understand why I wasn't playing. Going so far as to point it out each time I would have won on the sidegame (probably 6/7 times) but it's clear that it's an opportunity to take money from you.
                                                                                                            That's totally standard for a casino tbh. You could call the people idiots, but you're also playing blackjack, so you're just as bad.
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                                                              says he is a house husband, but he has to be bent?
                                                                                                              Husbands can have husbands these days.
                                                                                                              He is a former Mr Gay Scotland.

Comment

Greg will vote for Claire. Michel will vote for the gay guy and I reckon Michel has the casting vote.

Probably the right result but I'm still hoping Claire wins. It just seems to me that she is probably too humble to really make it without the cachet of a title.

Great tv though. I'd love to have that much passion about my work.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                  I'd love to have any passion about my work.
                                                                                                                  soulless bloodsucker imo

Comment

One outer hit by baby......

PARIS - A 15-month-old baby girl survived a fall from a seventh-floor apartment in Paris almost unscathed after bouncing off a cafe awning and into the arms of a passer-by, police said on Tuesday.

The infant had been playing unsupervised with her four-year-old sister on Monday when she somehow fell out of the window, a spokesman for local city police said.

A young man saw the baby starting to fall and alerted his father, who raced to get into position, arms outstretched, to catch her after she hit the awning, the daily Le Parisien reported.

“He must have played rugby for years to have developed reflexes like that,” a bystander who saw the incident told the paper.

Police said the girl appeared to have no serious injuries and was under observation in a nearby hospital.

The owner of the cafe, located at the foot of the block of flats in the northeast of Paris, said it was a stroke of luck he had decided to leave the awning open that afternoon.

“I usually close it to stop it catching fire as people tend to throw their cigarette butts onto it,” he told the television station i-tele.

The police spokesman said the circumstances behind the accident were unclear. “The parents were absent, and it’s a bit difficult questioning the two girls, given their age.”
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

soulless bloodsucker imo
                                                                                                                      I dunno maybe I am. Sick having to watch old people having their benefit promise being welched on and its only the tip of the iceberg.

I do whatever I'm paid to do so I don't think I get to moralize though ....
                                                                                                                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 02-11-10, 13:56.
                                                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Husbands can have husbands these days.
                                                                                                                        He is a former Mr Gay Scotland.
                                                                                                                        god be with the days when 'Mr Gay Scotland' would have been considered an exceedingly normal name and hardly worthy of comment

I'm reminded of Homer's 'gay was our word and you stole it from us' rant

Comment

god be with the days when 'Mr Gay Scotland' would have been considered an exceedingly normal name and hardly worthy of comment
                                                                                                                          Errm it is

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X