X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    WTF?
    Somebody explain this plz
    Some geek points out a mistake that some writers of a show/comic/video game have overlooked in the style of comic book guy from the simpsons (minus the confidence and sarcasm).

Show/comic/video game creators offer their thanks in the same way poker players do when saying 'nice hand man'.

Geek goes home and sits waiting for the offers of sexual congress from the girlies to come roooollling in.

The end.

Comment

Some people just won't fold no matter what
      i run so sick against some people

IPoker Network $10.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players - View hand 1000292
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN/SB: $10.97
      Hero (BB): $11.37

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 2 7 A A
      BTN/SB raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN/SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, BTN/SB calls $2

Flop: ($6.00) J 4 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.00, BTN/SB raises to $7.97, Hero calls $1.97

Turn: ($21.94) K (2 players)

River: ($21.94) J (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.94
      BTN/SB shows 2 J T 9
      BTN/SB wins $20.94
      (Rake: $1.00)

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

BTN/SB raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN/SB raises to $1, Hero raises to $3, BTN/SB calls $2

BTN/SB shows 2 J T 9
        BTN/SB wins $20.94
        is it possble to beat the rake hu at such low limits?

Comment

What a first quarter both Durant and Rose showing the skills

Opr

Comment

BTN/SB shows 2 J T 9
            BTN/SB wins $20.94
            I don't think you understand the maths of Omaha if a) you think your opponent is a complete moron for how he played or 2) you got a horrible bad beat.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
              is it possble to beat the rake hu at such low limits?
              In short no, but 50% r/b helps and just running somewhat good against fish makes it possible.... finally got that fish

IPoker Network $10.00 Pot Limit Omaha Hi - 2 players - View hand 1000308

BTN/SB: $15.94
              Hero (BB): $20.06

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with K K 5 6
              BTN/SB raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN/SB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) J J K (2 players)
              Hero bets $1.20, BTN/SB calls $1.20

Turn: ($3.60) T (2 players)
              Hero bets $1.80, BTN/SB raises to $3.60, Hero raises to $5.40, BTN/SB raises to $14.14, Hero calls $8.74

River: ($31.88) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $31.88
              BTN/SB shows J 3 K Q
              Hero wins $30.88

bit of a cooler for him, but he deserved it

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                I don't think you understand the maths of Omaha if a) you think your opponent is a complete moron for how he played or 2) you got a horrible bad beat.
                Moron yes, horrible beat no

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  you think him callin a 5 bet pf is good?
                  tell me how you would have played it against him? if he has KKxx he's not folding so what is wrong with my play -

FWIW i'm playing guys who have stats like 90+/85+/100+hands - these guys don't think, they pot pf and pot flop regardless if they hit or not, so what else do i do with AA - fold every flop?

Comment

what's wrong with calling 5 bet? You played the hand fine, but its only like 65-35. Embrace the variance. If you get annoyed about these hands then maybe PLO isnt for you
                    Last edited by Tremolo1; 28-10-10, 00:51.

Comment

i suppose his play on the flop was standard as well?

Comment

Omaha Hi Simulation ?
                        600,000 trials (Randomized)
                        board: Jh4s5d
                        Hand Equity Wins Ties
                        AA** 63.14% 378,291 1,038
                        Jc9cTd2d 36.86% 220,671 1,038

Comment

Ace, when using DC's converter what output format do you use to post here?

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                            He used this technique to make it. 50,000+ photos for 4 minutes
                            Where did you read that?

I think you might be misunderstanding the process of miniture faking,
                            I really doubt he did it frame by frame 50,000 times. He prob did it the original (and proper) way and did it optically with T&S lens. If he did do it frame by frame then he is a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                              Some geek points out a mistake that some writers of a show/comic/video game have overlooked in the style of comic book guy from the simpsons (minus the confidence and sarcasm).

Show/comic/video game creators offer their thanks in the same way poker players do when saying 'nice hand man'.

Geek goes home and sits waiting for the offers of sexual congress from the girlies to come roooollling in.

The end.
                              Obviosuly i got that much,
                              I was wondering what book/comic/whatever it was based around

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                Cheers, that's a good tune.

I might be alone here but I love the new ikea ad.

Full version of the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gm9rxNxyDU
                                here's the original if you're interested:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62eTq8ErUOQ&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Where did you read that?

I think you might be misunderstanding the process of miniture faking,
                                  I really doubt he did it frame by frame 50,000 times. He prob did it the original (and proper) way and did it optically with T&S lens. If he did do it frame by frame then he is a moron.
                                  AERO: How many frames did you shoot?

SAM: A little over 50,000.

AERO: Are you the most patient person on the planet?

SAM: Not really! Adobe Lightroom helps quite a bit!

Source
                                  eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Sounded like WoW to my admittedly untrained ear...

Comment

Source
                                      He shot 50k frames, that's what he shot in the field. He didn't say he processed 50k, there isn't 50k frames in the film for a start.
                                      Turns out he did apply the tilt shift in post rather than via a TS lens, this was so he could stablise in post. But he also used lightroom for post, lightroom can process multiple frames at once, so like I said he didn't have to go frame by frame for that effects. Although he did do some frame by frame stuff like rotoscoping in details.

Here's one he did before, I like this better

A day in the life of New York City, in miniature. Winner: Prix Ars Electronica Award of Distinction 2010 Nominee: Webby Awards 2011 - Best Viral, Best Music Official…
                                      Last edited by Mellor; 28-10-10, 06:49. Reason: forgot link

Comment

Blizzcon is the conference for Blizzard, the makers of World Of Warcraft. He was complaining that in the latest release of the game, a character's story wasn't consistent with one of the books. Talk about an ubernerd though. That was really impressive.

Speaking of WoW, I'm thinking of loading up the game when the new expansion comes out and trying to be the first level 85 on my server. If I get it then I'll sell the account for $1k+ and give myself a bankroll boost.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Hello from gainful employment everyone! i forgot 5.30 existed in the am form job going well! Anything new??? Lloyd still killing it???

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                            Hello from gainful employment everyone! i forgot 5.30 existed in the am form job going well! Anything new??? Lloyd still killing it???
                                            Is Lloyd not just killing us lol?

On another note. Does anyone know how to remove apps from the itouch? I know the screen goes funny and you can do it but not sure what.triggers it. A few pages of crap that I downloaded at beginning I want rid of.

Cheers in advance

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              Is Lloyd not just killing us lol?

On another note. Does anyone know how to remove apps from the itouch? I know the screen goes funny and you can do it but not sure what.triggers it. A few pages of crap that I downloaded at beginning I want rid of.

Cheers in advance
                                              Hold down your finger on the screen/app and it will go "funny"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    The fart app not 'doing it' for you anymore?!
                                                    Nah, tis just boring now

Comment

Yeah, I hate the one day a week I've to be in for 9 and and up at 8:20 as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                                                        Hold down your finger on the screen/app and it will go "funny"
                                                        Brilliant, going to clean up my screen so..

Comment

Just checking this is working as there have been no posts.

EE and Wreck, would one of ye come on and open the thread ?

Comment

Apprentice was pretty great last night alright. Thank god that dolt Melissa is gone, she tilted the fuck out of me!!

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                            Speaking of WoW, I'm thinking of loading up the game when the new expansion comes out and trying to be the first level 85 on my server. If I get it then I'll sell the account for $1k+ and give myself a bankroll boost.
                                                            Do you think you'd stand a chance? I was under the impression being the first to do something like that after a new expansion was usually carried out by teams and done in a pretty savage session. Is it not people like that Chiren guy do this kinda thing??

Surely you'd have a MUCH higher expectation than $1k if you prop betted on something like that if you thought you could realistically do it??

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              Just checking this is working as there have been no posts.

EE and Wreck, would one of ye come on and open the thread ?
                                                              Sorry, I'm so screwed in work at the moment it's not funny. Open now.
                                                              "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                Blizzcon is the conference for Blizzard, the makers of World Of Warcraft. He was complaining that in the latest release of the game, a character's story wasn't consistent with one of the books. Talk about an ubernerd though. That was really impressive.

Man you will have some serious competition for this. I've been thinking about getting back into once the expansion hits but don't know if I have the time.
                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                  Sorry, I'm so screwed in work at the moment it's not funny. Open now.
                                                                  I'm sorry, work is more important obviously, its an addiction lol..

Comment

Going to see the WWE Smackdown World Tour in Belfast next week, just been confirmed that the Undertaker is out getting surgery now and wont be on the tour, FUUUUCK.

main event is now Kane vs Big Show, was meant to be a triple threat match

only other match announced is Rey Mysterio vs Alberto Del Rio

Still going to be a great night

Comment

Yesterday I had a mail from the FBI about a large sum on money. Now I know who sent me it. I is RICH

Dear Friend

My name is Barr perkins George personal attorney to Alexander McQueen -
                                                                      Designer Fashion Label who died on the 11th day of Feb. 2010.I have the
                                                                      documents of a large amount of funds which he handed over to me before he died
                                                                      made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Seven Million Great
                                                                      British Pounds (GBP £7,000.000.00) to you in the codicil and last testament to
                                                                      his WILL

Being a widely travelled man, he must have been in contact with you in
                                                                      the past
                                                                      or simply you were recommended to him by one of his numerous friends
                                                                      abroad who
                                                                      wished you good and his friend was a gay as well due to the fact that McQueen
                                                                      was a gay and claimed he realised his sexual orientation when he was six. He
                                                                      told his family when he was 18.

Lee Alexander McQueen, CBE (16 March 1969 ? 11 February 2010) was an English
                                                                      fashion designer known for his unconventional designs and shock tactics.[3]
                                                                      McQueen worked as the head designer at Givenchy for five years before founding
                                                                      the Alexander McQueen and McQ labels. McQueen's dramatic designs, worn by
                                                                      celebrities including Rihanna, Björk and Lady Gaga, met with critical acclaim
                                                                      and earned him the British Designer of the Year award four times.

Late Alexander McQueen died on the 11th day of February, 2010 at the age of 40
                                                                      years, According to him this money was supposed to be used in transporting and
                                                                      getting the new store that was about to be opened in los angeles stocked with
                                                                      his recent designers

You can read more about him from the sites below

(1)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_McQueen

Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful, endeavour to get back
                                                                      to me as
                                                                      soon as possible to enable me conclude my job.

I hope to hear from you in no distant time.

Yours in Service,

P.George & Co. Solicitors

Email: barrperkgeo1900@gmail.com

Comment

Omaha Hi Simulation ?
                                                                        600,000 trials (Randomized)
                                                                        board: Jh4s5d
                                                                        Hand Equity Wins Ties
                                                                        AA** 63.14% 378,291 1,038
                                                                        Jc9cTd2d 36.86% 220,671 1,038
                                                                        I know what the % were, though imo he should just 6bet all in pre - if he's shoving any flop that he hits (which clearly was his plan)

Ace, when using DC's converter what output format do you use to post here?
                                                                        Can't check in work - but its like pHbp or something like that

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                        this getting up early gets worse as the weeks go on.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                          Cheers, that's a good tune.

I might be alone here but I love the new ikea ad.

Full version of the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gm9rxNxyDU
                                                                          Danny,we should do a live action version of this song at the IPB game.You and me bro,you in?
                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

girl in white in that Ikea ad is phenomonal
                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

The horse trainer Paddy Mullins has died aged 91.

Comment

anybody here playing JP's mini world series?

Comment

Here's four minutes of Magic
                                                                                  This is brilliant, anybody that hasn't seen it should definitely take a look...

Comment

Also, could we have a separate thread for Apprentice UK talk please - the spoilers last night were pretty tilting...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Also, could we have a separate thread for Apprentice UK talk please - the spoilers last night were pretty tilting...
                                                                                      Or at least use spoiler tags, as we use for every other tv show

Comment

Ace ,

the only mistake your man made was 4 betting imo. After that it's fine. Getting it in pre would be much worse than calling the 5 bet. He has zero fold equity pre. He can get away from flops he totally misses. While I guess you will put it in on near if not 100% of flops.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                          Yup cant wait.

There are €25 sats running on Boylepoker too if anyone fancies giving them a lash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                            Yup cant wait.

There are €25 sats running on Boylepoker too if anyone fancies giving them a lash.
                                                                                            Suppose I'll have to crush you all again in the LL. After Sunar and Black i wonder who I'll have to contend with this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                              Suppose I'll have to crush you all again in the LL. After Sunar and Black i wonder who I'll have to contend with this time.
                                                                                              I will be better prepared this time around

Comment

Yep, got ticket on Monday. Sick structure and loads of play. Its an extended version of the monthly game on this Sat for anyone looking for a bit of practice!!

Comment

She is taking on the x factor this year. Get in girl.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEYZx7Wc7E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEYZx7Wc7E[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      Or at least use spoiler tags, as we use for every other tv show
                                                                                                      Reality TV has always been different though, its treated like sport here and thus rarely gets spoiler tags.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        Reality TV has always been different though, its treated like sport here and thus rarely gets spoiler tags.
                                                                                                        Exactly. Avoid the thread for a fee hours if you don't wanna know the score or who got booted.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                          Think might have to get Keith Richard's new autobiography:

wowsers!
                                                                                                          You'll also read how he taunted Mick Jagger about his tiny todger.

Comment

info?
                                                                                                            Really don't know whats going on with live poker these days...

Comment

info?
                                                                                                              For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                She is taking on the x factor this year. Get in girl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPEYZx7Wc7E
                                                                                                                i see she is playing the olympia in december
                                                                                                                wouldn't mind going to see her, and it would double as a present for the wife

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Source
                                                                                                                  He shot 50k frames, that's what he shot in the field. He didn't say he processed 50k, there isn't 50k frames in the film for a start.
                                                                                                                  Turns out he did apply the tilt shift in post rather than via a TS lens, this was so he could stablise in post. But he also used lightroom for post, lightroom can process multiple frames at once, so like I said he didn't have to go frame by frame for that effects. Although he did do some frame by frame stuff like rotoscoping in details.

obviously glad we got clarification on this in the end

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                    I've been thinking recently that I'd like to take up some part-time work / voluntary work to experience something new - can anyone think of any opportunities in the Dublin area that would spring to mind for being interesting / fun? Money isn't particularly important but I'd obvious prefer some cash rather than working for free!

Maybe this is a mad request; any interesting part-time jobs would probably be inundated with candidates...something like working part-time in a museum for minimum wage or helping out with a film festival or offering my marketing expertise to a worthy organisation, that's what I'm thinking of. Any thoughts welcome.
                                                                                                                    An awful lot of marketing will be required for this project ....

Comment

i can't access a gambling related article from google, if you linked me to the page from here i could see it. i had a look at tournaments in dublin page 1 but couldn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                                                        An awful lot of marketing will be required for this project ....

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=6101
                                                                                                                        I thought it was a typo when I saw it on FB.

Comment

info?

€350 buy in, same structure as WSOP but with 45 min blinds at start

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X