X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new season of masterchef starts on bbc1 in 10 mins too btw

Comment

Anything exciting happen in the 1st 20 minutes of the Liverpool game?

I missed it as Trevor Welsh's voice put me straight to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
        Get a colonic

P*** your pants in public

Get a crap tatoo

Spend a day in town dressed as a women

Sleep in the boot of your car for a night
        lmfao
        GAA News Website

Comment

loser has to go on a gay dating site hook up, bring the date to Aviva, Crokers, Old Trafford wherever its possible and propose via the big screen at half time.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
            loser has to go on a gay dating site hook up, bring the date to Aviva, Crokers, Old Trafford wherever its possible and propose via the big screen at half time.
            Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              anyone want to lay me odds on O'Dea still having his job this time next week?
              If this was the US he'd be long gone already. Its a joke if he stays in office tbh. The latest in a long line of course.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                If you find out how you can change this, let me know please.

Cheers,
                most Hosting crowds have the ability to do this though the control panel or logging a ticket with support.
                If you have one of the odd hosters get onto InterNic
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

i would be amazed if he lost it tbh

Comment

Originally posted by mickc View Post
                    new season of masterchef starts on bbc1 in 10 mins too btw
                    Channel changed...

Comment

That would truly be incredible!!!! Can that kinda thing be done here though?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                        Treat yourself to some of these:

They're amazing. Can you ship a container my way?
                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                          That would truly be incredible!!!! Can that kinda thing be done here though?
                          probably not, would have to be done in England I would say would be class though.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                            good ideas - keep em coming sickos
                            Loser has to;

Piss on an electric fence

and / or

get a chest / bikini / arse waxing

and / or

wear a meath jersey on hill 16 for the first dublin champo game

Comment

Poor other guy who gets involved.

..."Yea about that whole 'marriage' thing...like your a nice guy and everything don't get me wrong. But you see I'm not accctttuuuallly... you know...em... *Sigh* Listen to be honest it all started a while ago when some mates and I were discussing ideas for some really great prop-bets and".....

Comment

Anyone have any particular favorite types of fish? I know the simple cod is always nice from the chipper but i'm due to cook the gf a meal on Saturday night before we head out and she likes fish. Wouldn't be an area that i would know much about.

Halibut i've heard is great. Apart from chips what type of side dish could you serve with it?

Comment

Ha. No chance. He's to resign within the hour AFAIK.
                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

1/1

Edit
                                    Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                    Ha. No chance. He's to resign within the hour AFAIK.
                                    Shhhhhh!
                                    He thinks that Willie will find a way of riding it out
                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-02-10, 20:53.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Mila Kunis was magnificent in that 70's show as well. She is class. I loved Alyssa Milano in her pomp as well.
                                      Mila Kunis was 14 when she started the 70's show, true that she even lied to the makers of the show about her age to get the part.

IIRC, someone correct me on this but was Alyssa Milano's first role as Tony Danza's daughter or something?

Comment

Interesting...

If there was anyway to get these sent to Ireland it would make my dreams come true, whenever I'm in America I'm literally addicted to these things!!

Also, Eddie Durkin, try and get Monkfish or Scallops, both expensive but lovely IMO

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          Mila Kunis was 14 when she started the 70's show, true that she even lied to the makers of the show about her age to get the part.

IIRC, someone correct me on this but was Alyssa Milano's first role as Tony Danza's daughter or something?
                                          i still would have................

Comment

Yep.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBKsHdZJjZM[/ame]
                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Willie O'Dea has resigned as minister for defence.

Pressure has been mounting over wrong information he gave to a journalist last year about Sinn Féin Councillor Maurice Quinlivan.

Earlier today Mr O'Dea said he made a 'bad and stupid mistake' when he uttered the wrong information to the journalist.
                                              Advertisement

In an interview with RTÉ News, he denied the Fine Gael accusation that he had committed perjury, but stressed 'I am a victim here as well.'

The Dáil was suspended this morning following rowdy exchanges over the issue, while Fine Gael has tabled a Seanad motion of no confidence in Minister O'Dea.

'I freely admit ... I made a bad mistake, I've paid heavily for it,' Minister O'Dea told RTÉ. 'I swore an affidavit to the best of my recollection.'

Last summer, Minister O'Dea made a sworn statement in connection with a High Court case taken by Sinn Féin local election candidate Maurice Quinlivan.

While he accepted making comments about Mr Quinlivan which were published in a local newspaper, he denied making other, unpublished, comments which figured in the court case.

It later transpired that he had in fact made the comments - Mr O'Dea said he had forgotten making them, and apologised.

Asked this afternoon about his statement that he received information from An Garda Síochána, Mr O'Dea said 'It was just general chit chat,' 'I passed it on - I shouldn't have passed it on.'

'I say things that I don't really mean sometimes in the heat of battle.'

'I have made a bad mistake, I've paid heavily for it, I am sorry, I am contrite, I've apologised, I apologised again ... I don't know what else I can do.'

And on demands for his resignation, Mr O'Dea said his position was always in the hands of the Taoiseach.

Quinlivan wants resignation

Mr Quinlivan has said that the Minister O'Dea should resign, but added that he did not hold out much hope that he would do so.

He said the Taoiseach Brian Cowen should intervene and sack Mr O'Dea.

Speaking to RTÉ News, Mr Quinlivan asked if it was acceptable for a cabinet minister to around smearing his political opponents in the middle of an election campaign.

He said the Green Party need to ask themselves if they can stand over this behaviour.

He added that Mr O'Dea was portraying himself as the victim in all of this but he was far from the victim. He said there was only one victim in the case and that was himself.

Meanwhile, a Green Party activist has now made a formal complaint to gardaí about the actions of Minister O'Dea.

Gary Fitzgerald told RTÉ he made the complaint in the Bridewell Garda Station in Dublin, claiming that the discrepancy between Mr O'Dea's sworn statement to the High Court and the transcript of his earlier remarks to a newspaper reporter indicated that perjury had been committed.

Greens meet over O'Dea issue

The Green Parliamentary Party has met to discuss the fallout from the controversy.

Yesterday's comfortable Government victory in the Dáil on a motion of confidence in Willie O'Dea seemed to draw a line under the controversy over his false High Court affidavit.

However, Green Senator Dan Boyle's commented on Twitter and Facebook that he did not have confidence in the minister and thought he should resign.

'As regards to Minister O'Dea I don't have confidence in him. His situation is compromised. Probably be a few chapters in this story yet,' Mr Boyle said on his Twitter page.

Senator Boyle was not in the Seanad this morning to hear the Fine Gael leader in the House, Frances FitzGerald, announce that she would be putting down a motion of no confidence in Minister O'Dea, which will put maximum pressure on the Greens.

A spokesman for the Greens said their parliamentary party met today to discuss the Willie O'Dea affair and subsequently John Gormley met with the Taoiseach.

The spokesman said John Gormley had reported back to the parliamentary party on his meeting with the Taoiseach and they are satisfied that the issue will be 'resolved to their satisfaction'.

In the Dáil this morning, there was uproar amid continuing Opposition attacks on Willie O'Dea.

Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny accused the Government of 'harbouring a perjurer' at the Cabinet table.

Tánaiste Mary Coughlan said the Government had full confidence in Mr O'Dea, as was indicated by yesterday's confidence vote.

Meanwhile, the Sinn Féin councillor about whom the Defence Minister made an allegation - which he subsequently denied in the controversial affidavit - has called on Willie O'Dea to resign.

Limerick cllr Maurice Quinlivan said he had had to fight an election campaign with a defamatory accusation hanging over his head.

On RTÉ's Today with Pat Kenny, he said it was not acceptable for a member of the Government to act in such a manner.

Earlier, Green Party Spokesman on Education Paul Gogarty said it was wrong for Minister O'Dea to make such a statement, but it was not a resigning issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                Anyone have any particular favorite types of fish? I know the simple cod is always nice from the chipper but i'm due to cook the gf a meal on Saturday night before we head out and she likes fish. Wouldn't be an area that i would know much about.

Halibut i've heard is great. Apart from chips what type of side dish could you serve with it?
                                                Try this I made it before and it was pretty easy and nice

She played his daughter in Who's the boss but she had been in other stuff before

Comment

Yep, Who's the Boss. I thought she was cute as hell on that at the time, and even though she was really young, it's grand cause she is nearly 4 years older than me.

Hard to believe ila Kunis was only 14 when she started on that 70's show, but seems to be correct.

Here are some Alyssa Milano pics btw.

Comment

Also, Eddie Durkin, try and get Monkfish or Scallops, both expensive but lovely IMO
                                                    That's the one i couldn't remember. I remember having them with bacon wrapped round them a good while back and they were very nice.

Starter i was thinking deep fried brie with raspberry coulis and miniture green leaf salad.

Comment

probably not, would have to be done in England I would say would be class though.
                                                      WOWzer! as funny as it is, step too far! love it though
                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Was the guy presenting the Liverpool match on 3e in Father Ted or is it my imagination?

Comment

prop bet ideas

A Prince Albert for the loser or nipple piercing (depending on age etc)

Loser has to live on McDonalds for a month

Loser quits drinking, actually becomes designated driver for other bettors for x amount of time.

Loser gets a Firestarter Haircut

Loser has middle name legally changed to winners choice

loser gets one eyebrow shaved and grows other half hair and other half facial hair...(meh)

Loser must travel everywhere by pogostick
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

What in God's name is benitez doing. Get Ngog off, bring babel on the right and put kuyt up. Simples!

He really has to go imo. And take Ngog with him!

Comment

What in God's name is benitez doing. Get Ngog off, bring babel on the right and put kuyt up. Simples!

Bring back Roy Evans!

Comment

Re: O'Dea, if he did in fact commit perjury, then he should not only resign from the Cabinet, he should resign from the Dail. In addition to this he should be prosecuted, perjury is a serious matter and IMO this is well beyond "a political gaf". Also any politician that says Perjury isn't a resigning matter should also resign! FFS, if perjury isn't a resigning issue then WTF is??

Comment

"My big fat gypsy wedding" on channel 4 is a barrel of laughs
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ngog has been one of our better players tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      "My big fat gypsy wedding" on channel 4 is a barrel of laughs
                                                                      I have that taping on the Sky Tellybox

Looks super

Comment

That's the one i couldn't remember. I remember having them with bacon wrapped round them a good while back and they were very nice.

Starter i was thinking deep fried brie with raspberry coulis and miniture green leaf salad.
                                                                        Whatever you do don't murder a nice scallop by wrapping it bacon!!

Very simply just pan fry them real quick... in a kinda teppanyaki style... just had a quick google and something like this IMO, (although obv use a frying pan instead of a teppan)

Comment

Yep, Who's the Boss. I thought she was cute as hell on that at the time, and even though she was really young, it's grand cause she is nearly 4 years older than me.

Hard to believe ila Kunis was only 14 when she started on that 70's show, but seems to be correct.

Here are some Alyssa Milano pics btw.

lol the owld lad was beside me there as I was scrolling and stumbled across these fine pics. No glasses but he still leaned in for a closer gawk nonetheless.

I'll tell you give me Alyssa Milano any day. She is an absolute sexpot.

I also have a slightly simpler friend who's conversation breaker is: "Have ye ever watched charmed? I have the box set It's me most favouritist show ever!" Which invariably means me telling him to feck off and stop saying that in front of people as he's just announcing to the world that he's knocking off 24/7 to the ugly sisters and Alyssa as she follows them round tellytubby land.

Comment

My housemate, who doesn't gamble at all, is now up 32 cups of coffee (at €2.50 each) from betting on the winter olympics. Sports betting is obv the way forward.
                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

lol the owld lad was beside me there as I was scrolling and stumbled across these fine pics. No glasses but he still leaned in for a closer gawk nonetheless.

I'll tell you give me Alyssa Milano any day. She is an absolute sexpot.

I also have a slightly simpler friend who's conversation breaker is: "Have ye ever watched charmed? I have the box set It's me most favouritist show ever!" Which invariably means me telling him to feck off and stop saying that in front of people as he's just announcing to the world that he's knocking off 24/7 to the ugly sisters and Alyssa as she follows them round tellytubby land.
                                                                              3 of em are decent imo.
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

fuck's sake, what's with FF ministers resigning when they've been caught engaging in criminal activity?

Charlie would never have stood for such wishy-washyness, Bertie either
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

fuck's sake, what's with FF ministers resigning when they've been caught engaging in criminal activity?

Charlie would never have stood for such wishy-washyness, Bertie either
                                                                                  He didn't resign from the Dail did he?? Or did he?

Resigning from the Cabinet is no where enough for me TBH. Full Dail resignation and prosecution is needed IMO. Perjury is soooo much more than a "political gaf"!
                                                                                  Last edited by Ste05; 18-02-10, 21:38. Reason: too many "IMO"'s

Comment

Resigning from the Cabinet is no where enough for me TBH. Full Dail resignation and prosecution is needed IMO. Perjury is soooo much more than a "political gaf" IMO!
                                                                                    no, he's still a TD but his political career is effectively over

I agree he should be prosecuted but would be willing to bet large sums that he'll never see the inside of the dock on this
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                      3 of em are decent imo.
                                                                                      -1

How dare you compare those unclean wretches to the dear Alyssa.

Comment

Just reading up on Mila Kunis, and it seems she has been going out with McAuley Culkin since 2002. So that's what he has been doing all that time.

Comment

Get in there Ngog.

Comment

Finally!

Comment

Just reading up on Mila Kunis, and it seems she has been going out with McAuley Culkin since 2002. So that's what he has been doing all that time.
                                                                                              What is the world coming to. Could pretty much have anyone she wanted and she picks a drug-addicted, sleazy, unattractive American white boy.

Comment

-1

How dare you compare those unclean wretches to the dear Alyssa.
                                                                                                The one that replaced the one from 90210 was quote fine too I thought, but not in Alyssas league.

Comment

About time Liverpool!

Comment

I agree he should be prosecuted but would be willing to bet large sums that he'll never see the inside of the dock on this
                                                                                                    IMO his political career should be over, not just effectively over.

And I'd agree he'll probably never see the inside of a courtroom over it. Although IMO it's vital that he does. Think about it like this, if he's not prosecuted people will be able to wonder if that's because the DPP don't think there's enough evidence to get a conviction or because of other "influences" and political connecions/corruption/different rules etc. etc..

If this isn't the subject of a court ruling we'll never know... depending on which side of the political spectrum someone falls on they can argue either way, and hence why what he's done is so damaging and why it's vital he actually does go to court, even if just to clear his name.

Comment

Now that I would bet against.

Resigning from the Cabinet is no where enough for me TBH. Full Dail resignation and prosecution is needed IMO. Perjury is soooo much more than a "political gaf"!
                                                                                                      And you can name your price that he ever faces any charges ... Shure wasn't it an honest mistake that he forgot that he'd said it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        And you can name your price that he ever faces any charges ... Shure wasn't it an honest mistake that he forgot that he'd said it.
                                                                                                        That's the thing though, if it was an honest mistake then it wasn't perjury.

Comment

I'd expect him to be resurrected in a few years, assuming he doesn't get prosecuted

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If he is allowed to run for the next Dail, even if not for FF he will likely get elected from his constituency anyhow as he is a huge vote getter.

Comment

What is the world coming to. Could pretty much have anyone she wanted and she picks a drug-addicted, sleazy, unattractive American white boy.
                                                                                                              But he was in Home Alone so hes full of win.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Doug Stanhope is ruining Newswipe IMO

Comment

If he is allowed to run for the next Dail, even if not for FF he will likely get elected from his constituency anyhow as he is a huge vote getter.
                                                                                                                  Absolute genius as a local politico.
                                                                                                                  He never drives anywhere in Limerick, always walks and shakes hands with hundreds of people every day hes on the ground.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                      Help please! What am i doing wrong that each song file i have is 10mb? Seems way to big given the capacity guidance on all those mp3 players. Would anyone know if there is some way of reducing of the size?

(obviously tried googling this, but there is just too much info out there, and ideally one of you would be able to give me a program name that will sort it out!)
                                                                                                                      Are they .Mp3s that you are ripping them from CD's ?
                                                                                                                      If so the bit rate is probably too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                        Help please! What am i doing wrong that each song file i have is 10mb? Seems way to big given the capacity guidance on all those mp3 players. Would anyone know if there is some way of reducing of the size?

(obviously tried googling this, but there is just too much info out there, and ideally one of you would be able to give me a program name that will sort it out!)
                                                                                                                        Yeah, most guides will be based on a 128kbps file. You must be downloading/ripping at a higher rate, meaning better quality/more space needed.
                                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X