This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, and here I was thinking Liverpool have problems:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

BBV help needed!

I'm supposed to be going to Spain (from the UK) in two weeks time but just realised my passport is expired. Rang the Irish Embassy in London, and they said they can't fast track applications at the moment and it's 6 weeks to get a passport.

My Irish driving license says that I was born in Ireland, would this be good enough as proof of nationality to travel within the EU?
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Are some people really this thick?

Cant be true, can it?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
          BBV help needed!

I'm supposed to be going to Spain (from the UK) in two weeks time but just realised my passport is expired. Rang the Irish Embassy in London, and they said they can't fast track applications at the moment and it's 6 weeks to get a passport.

My Irish driving license says that I was born in Ireland, would this be good enough as proof of nationality to travel within the EU?
          Don't think so Andy,Driver's License should be good enough between Ireland and Britain under the common travel area.However,British and Irish citizens must present their passports for travel to other EU states.

Have you nobody on this side that can go to the passport office for you?
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Sweet jesus my head, ending up losing the car keys and work ID last night. Anyone know how much it is to replace a programmed car key? I heard it's expensive...
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
              Sweet jesus my head, ending up losing the car keys and work ID last night. Anyone know how much it is to replace a programmed car key? I heard it's expensive...
              The prices vary a lot between different Marques. Last one I got was a ford one and it cost me £165 stg. After that lesson, I have'nt lost another.

Brothers wife lost hers last week, a Mitsuibishi, it cost £180stg.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                LOL, yes people are that silly If he can change city to shitty he might only look semi brain damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  Don't think so Andy,Driver's License should be good enough between Ireland and Britain under the common travel area.However,British and Irish citizens must present their passports for travel to other EU states.

Have you nobody on this side that can go to the passport office for you?
                  D'oh! Yeah I could probly get my Mum and Dad to try and get it for me. Still not likely to be done in less than two weeks though.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                    Renault key cards cost 250 euro, I told them to GTFO. Wanted to replace my lost spare key. Fuck off Bill Cullen imo (any excuse really)

Comment

D'oh! Yeah I could probly get my Mum and Dad to try and get it for me. Still not likely to be done in less than two weeks though.
                      Traditionally,if you,or someone on your behalf,turns up at the office with all the paperwork and ques up,you'll get it on the day.Not sure if this is still the case after all the recent disputes.I think you need to be able to show that you're travelling soon.

Passport website

Q. Is it possible to fast-track a passport application?

A. Passport applications lodged in Ireland can now be prioritised on the basis of travel dates. Applicants should make contact with the Passport Service and produce proof of travel to avail of this service. An additional fee may apply. It should be noted that except in the case of travel in respect of urgent humanitarian needs, the fastest time applications can be processed is currently three working days.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Feeling all nostalgic this morning. Some awesome highlights of the golden era of football imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlapdOpgOzI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlapdOpgOzI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9CilmBXAE&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H9CilmBXAE&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDTXLxcdU4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGDTXLxcdU4&feature=related[/ame]
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Lad in college has these headphones

Just had listen to some music with them there, they're absolutely sensational.

Christmas wishlist I guess, very very wishy though.

Comment

people don't buy bose for their audio quality imo

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                Would you recommend anything similar/better in a better price range?

Honestly blown away by how good the sound was, noise cancelling and everything

Comment

wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    I have the cheaper version with no noise cancellation and by far the best pair of headphones i've ever had

Comment

Would you recommend anything similar/better in a better price range?

IMO you wont get better than bose . These are on my wish list also but they wont cost my mrs as much , it's handy when the bose factory is in your hometown

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                        IMO you wont get better than bose . These are on my wish list also but they wont cost my mrs as much , it's handy when the bose factory is in your hometown
                                        any pallets missing off Lorries up there?

Comment

any pallets missing off Lorries up there?

Dont think there would be much noise reduction out of a pallet , but hey whatever your into

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                            wrong
                                            i think we had this debate before! c'mon they're completely derided by audiophiles anyone ive talked to whos well versed in this subject has said the same. way overpriced for what they are.

can't go wrong with a set of hd25s emmet. the % of time i see them as being the choice of professionals says it all imo. but theres whole forums of weirdos dedicated to this stuff.

Comment

The bose store in San Diego is amazing. They've a big cinema in the back of the shop showcasing the complete Bose experience. It is ridic expensive though.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

i think we had this debate before! c'mon they're completely derided by audiophiles anyone ive talked to whos well versed in this subject has said the same. way overpriced for what they are.

can't go wrong with a set of hd25s emmet. the % of time i see them as being the choice of professionals says it all imo. but theres whole forums of weirdos dedicated to this stuff.
                                                Seem to get good reviews alright
                                                [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-25-Headphones-ear-cup/dp/B00009ZSYG/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top[/ame]

I've never been a headphone guy, more of an earbud man, so they'll all sound miles better, but the HD25s would be way closer to the target of my budget than those BOSE ones.

Now to find someone who has a pair that I can have a trial of (comfort level fitting etc)
                                                Last edited by Emmet; 25-10-10, 11:48.

Comment

Anyone watched tv series Parks and Recreation? Same people who did the US Office and Rashida Jones is in it so gonna give it a bash

Comment

Bose are the Apple of the audio world. Their products are basically created different to most speakers - the sound is deliberately unbalanced across the entire audible frequency range. While other manufacturers will do their damnedest to create as close to a perfectly balanced sound as possible, Bose choose some ranges to be more emphasised than others, which is what gives them a unique sound.

They then heavily market this uniqueness as being superior, and stick 50% on the price tag. It's exactly the same thing that Apple does with their PCs.

Comment

Quick one for the all knowing bbv .

In the case of a car accident where the car has been wrote off and the insurance company are paying out . Who recieves the cheque if the car is subject to a finance agreement.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Downtown is officially the world no.2 ranked Blind Mans Bluff player...
                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                            Quick one for the all knowing bbv .

In the case of a car accident where the car has been wrote off and the insurance company are paying out . Who recieves the cheque if the car is subject to a finance agreement.
                                                            Not sure on this but I would think the insured is entitled to receive the cheque. How would the insurance company be aware the car is on finance in the first place.

You would still have the same obligations to the finance company & it would depend if you had a personal loan or a car loan from them.

If you have a personal loan its the money you owe them so you could keep making your repayments until the loan is paid up. If you had a car loan they are entitled to receive the proceeds from the insurance value & if this does not cover the loan amount you would be liable for the balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                              Gonzo in 545th...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds 600 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t72474)
                                                              Button (t87538)
                                                              SB (t59808)
                                                              BB (t337612)
                                                              UTG (t143327)
                                                              UTG+1 (t116868)
                                                              MP1 (t92128)
                                                              MP2 (t116912)
                                                              Hero (MP3) (t98544)

Hero's M: 6.84

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A
                                                              4 folds, Hero bets t14400, 3 folds, BB raises to t337012 (All-In), Hero calls t83544 (All-In)

Flop: (t204288) J, 9, 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t204288) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t204288) 8 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t204288

Results:
                                                              BB had A, Q (straight, Queen high).
                                                              Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                              Outcome: BB won t204288

Gl if anyone is still going.
                                                              Sick exit, Caf, ul. Here's mine....

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 400 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t72730)
                                                              MP2 (t16418)
                                                              MP3 (t48959)
                                                              CO (t184673)
                                                              Button (t122901)
                                                              SB (t187477)
                                                              BB (t266970)
                                                              Hero (UTG) (t83627)
                                                              UTG+1 (t52755)

Hero's M: 8.71

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K
                                                              Hero bets t9789, 1 fold, MP1 raises to t23333, 6 folds, Hero calls t13544

Flop: (t56266) 5, J, 3 (2 players)
                                                              Hero bets t59894 (All-In), MP1 calls t48997 (All-In)

Turn: (t154260) 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t154260) A (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t154260
                                                              Main pot: t154260 between MP1 and Hero, won by MP1

Results:
                                                              Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                                              MP1 had A, K (one pair, Aces).
                                                              Outcome: MP1 won t154260
                                                              One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Second comes right after first.
                                                                Pity we missed out on #1.
                                                                Who won?
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                  From this xfactor article

ah, yeah, that's the reason!
                                                                  I was in Tim Younges in Ballyfermot last night.
                                                                  It was like Italia 90 all over again, great criac it has to be said
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post

Second comes right after first.
                                                                    Pity we missed out on #1.
                                                                    Who won?
                                                                    The winner?

Comment

Well now I always thought they might be overpriced, but to argue that they don't produce quality headphones is silly. I'm on my second pair of QC3s and have to say they have improved my quality of life. I'm sure there are other headphones available of similar quality that don't cost as much but that's besides the point.

Comment

Which ones?

Sennheiser HD 25 - Headphones ( ear-cup )

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-Closed-Back-Headphones-Professional-Monitoring/dp/B000TDZOXG"]Sennheiser HD 25-1 II[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD-25-SP-II/dp/B000TDXPSC"]Sennheiser - HD 25-SP II[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-HD25-SP-Headphones/dp/B00009QH7B"]Sennheiser HD25-SP[/ame]

Really thinking of getting myself a decent pair of headphones now...

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                          Well now I always thought they might be overpriced, but to argue that they don't produce quality headphones is silly. I'm on my second pair of QC3s and have to say they have improved my quality of life. I'm sure there are other headphones available of similar quality that don't cost as much but that's besides the point.

They're headphones.

Comment

I just filled out the revenue online thing for my rent relief credit for 2010. Will I get that money soon or will it be after the tax year ends?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                              Don't get me wrong, they make very good equipment. But you can get demonstrably better equipment for less money. That's why audiophiles like to lol at them so much. When you buy Bose you're paying for the brand.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, they make very good equipment. But you can get demonstrably better equipment for less money. That's why audiophiles like to lol at them so much. When you buy Bose you're paying for the brand.
                                                                                Can I get a linkey please?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    Attached Files

Comment

lol

Comment

now look what you've done, you've become a Meme.

Comment

now look what you've done, you've become a Meme.
                                                                                          Proud day for me.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent.

T-shirts for the IPB game imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Excellent.

T-shirts for the IPB game imo.
                                                                                              I knew somehow I'd regret yesterday.

Comment

I'm sure a quick google would give you thousands of pages of arguments between idiots over which speakers are better.

All I'll say is, if you're going to buy headphones to listen to MP3s via a generic PC onboard soundcard, there's no need to spend £300. If you're gonna spend that kind of money, get £50 headphones and spend £250 on a big hard disk and a decent sound card, then rerip all your music to a lossless format. This would produce a far greater increase in sound quality than any superomgblowjob headphones.

But that's just like, my opinion, man.

Comment

I'll stick to walking around with one of these on my shoulder

In other news, North Korea's official website, if you click on their shop page, it
                                                                                                  links you to cafepress where they sell their souvenirs. This amuses me.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-10-10, 15:40.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What happened to Dawsons on the Bray seafront, CHD? Permamently shut or does it only open during the summer?

Took my niece to Bray yesterday, and after we'd climbed the 'mountain' I'd promised her dodgems, waltzers, ghost-train etc in Dawsons.

And the fcking thing is closed. Just some horribly tacky place called Starrs open beside it, with no rides or anything, just rip-off machines.

Comment

Terrible day at the Dublin City Marathon, trip report over in the logs the short version pulled hamstring halfway. So fucking annoyed and i somehow lost my wedding ring of 10 years in my training bag

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        What happened to Dawsons on the Bray seafront, CHD? Permamently shut or does it only open during the summer?

Took my niece to Bray yesterday, and after we'd climbed the 'mountain' I'd promised her dodgems, waltzers, ghost-train etc in Dawsons.

And the fcking thing is closed. Just some horribly tacky place called Starrs open beside it, with no rides or anything, just rip-off machines.
                                                                                                        I think the dude that owns star bought it and has the old monopoly going now on the seafront. It does open during the summer or at least had been, could well be gone for good now.

Star doesn't really care about the amusements I'd imagine now as the slot machines/virtual casino thing they have going on out the back is a goldmine. Bray seafront isn't somewhere to go anymore. It has gone to the dogs, Stephen Irelands fish tank is probably bigger and better than SeaLife and as you have seen the amusements are expensive and nothing special.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                          Terrible day at the Dublin City Marathon, trip report over in the logs the short version pulled hamstring halfway. So fucking annoyed and i somehow lost my wedding ring of 10 years in my training bag
                                                                                                          That's horrible man. Must be absolutely heartbreaking to put so much effort into something only for something like that to happen.

Unlucky,
                                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                            In other news, North Korea's official website, if you click on their shop page, it
                                                                                                            links you to cafepress where they sell their souvenirs. This amuses me.
                                                                                                            Very first thing I looked at delivers:

Up to several times each year, the Korean Friendship Association organizes trips to the DPR of Korea.
                                                                                                            Up to several times mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                              That's horrible man. Must be absolutely heartbreaking to put so much effort into something only for something like that to happen.

Unlucky,
                                                                                                              Yeah in such bad form that i cannot describe it as i committed a lot of hours in training this year building up to this race. I was so fucking tilted towards the end with obese/unfit people overtaking me giving the eat some gels/start running/ah you will be ok, i know they mean no harm but please fck off and let me wallow alone in pain.

I want to fuck my medal in the bin

Comment

Yeah in such bad form that i cannot describe it as i committed a lot of hours in training this year building up to this race. I was so fucking tilted towards the end with obese/unfit people overtaking me giving the eat some gels/start running/ah you will be ok, i know they mean no harm but please fck off and let me wallow alone in pain.

I want to fuck my medal in the bin
                                                                                                                Tried to walk/jog and it was too painful with every step, contemplated just binning it around mile 16 as i was pissed off and the thoughts of having to walk another 10 mile. I decided to plough on, walked most of it and ran the last 2 mile as i wanted to get it over with and not let the kids see Dad hobbling around the corner of College Green. My two lads ended up running the last 200 mtrs with me which was the only high point of the second half
                                                                                                                It's just my opinion but I think in the grander scheme of things your ploughing on despite your disappointment and then running the last with your two boys speaks more to your personal qualities than running a sub 3:30. Wp.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                  It's just my opinion but I think in the grander scheme of things your ploughing on despite your disappointment and then running the last with your two boys speaks more to your personal qualities than running a sub 3:30. Wp.
                                                                                                                  This +1000. What a fantastic display of perseverance to able to complete the 2nd half of the marathon with a pulled hamstring. WP Jackyback, hold your head high!
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I thought I was having a rough day, with an attempted Bond marathon. Dr No, From Russia With Love, Goldfinger, hit the wall somewhere in the middle of Thunderball. You Only Live Twice, is just a background blur at this stage.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czWLEbNwjCI[/ame]
                                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Cheers Hotspur for the kind words hopefully i will see it that way in the next few days. Just looking to see if there is another marathon on between now and December, really want to get that sub 3.30 in for this year so i can try for a 3.20 in London

Fair fcks to Mick Dowling (RTE boxing guy) along the way who directed me to the physio tent as i was unaware there was any on the route

Feck it going to open a bottle of wine and forget about it.

Comment

Wine? If you wanna forget it open a bottle of Jack Daniels and take a couple of sleepers like a real man.

Comment

played a pacific islander touring team over the weekend. torrential downpour with lightning off in the background and should of been called off but presume the park warden didnt want to come out in the rain so we played on. I have never been hit so hard in my life. got clotheslined first tackle and speared into ground. so was in bits after that, got hit high another time and then elbowed right in the face when chasing a kicked ball. Literally was soaking wet, bitter cold and whole body was seizing up after it so much so that I collapsed and struggled to my feet but was out for the count by all accounts. Truly awful experience and turned out i had my shoulder, 3 ribs, 4 vertebra and my jaw all out of place, had all of them put back into place by my friend and the sorest part of it all obviously was her pushing and tugging on my chest hairs when moving the ribs.so ladies that wax i commend you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X