Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah I don't know know about fergie being outplayed here!

He got what he wanted, and I think he played it pretty well. I doubt he was the one ever standing untie way of Rooney getting his wages....
    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
      Techie help

I've just rec'd a video file in an email.

its a .3gp file, anyone know what free video players I can use to watch this?

Thanks in advance
      Not sure specifically but if VLC media player doesn't play it I'd be amazed. Google it, it's a free download, and has literally never not played a media file I've thrown at it.
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

We just booked the Burlington there for Saturday/Sun for myself, Gill and the 3 kids. Ended up getting 2 rooms with an interlocking door, breakfast for everyone for €276. Sweet deal

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          We just booked the Burlington there for Saturday/Sun for myself, Gill and the 3 kids. Ended up getting 2 rooms with an interlocking door, breakfast for everyone for €276. Sweet deal
          GL Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Run good. I hope to be able to make it up on Monday to see you scoop.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

An appropriate analagy for Rooney vs Fergie perhaps???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Qap3VT_ZY[/ame]

Comment

Excellent news on Rooney. Glad I wasn't one of the fkwits who turned on him. I really don't think Fergie was standing
                In the way of the contract. That means United will get a good price when they flog him next year. Good deal all round.
                Sign the contract and push up his price , sound business pratice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                  He is an omaha donk
                  lol omaha obv play a skill game

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  You won't get a Mac for that price. If you are happy having it not portable then a desktop is great, but if you are used to a laptop, then get another one. You can get a good one for that type of price.
                  thanks Dom - I was thinking about getting a desktop. is there any difference performance wise between desktops and laptops?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                    suitable pic
                    BBCs choice of pic works aswel

Comment

I wonder if Scholesy regrets hacking Rooney down in training now, possible ankle operation now.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        Excellent news on Rooney. Glad I wasn't one of the fkwits who turned on him. I really don't think Fergie was standing
                        In the way of the contract. That means United will get a good price when they flog him next year. Good deal all round.
                        Sign the contract and push up his price , sound business pratice.
                        Do you really think they still intend to sell him?
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Collusion between Rooney and Ferguson maybe?

Or will I take it to CT?

Comment

Rooney must be dishing out the business cards of his agent to the rest of the United squad like confetti

wp that man
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

if they do, this makes a lot of sense. watch this space.

Galacitco summer signing.

Comment

Fergie and Rooney in cahoots wouldn't surprise me in 'the slightest! There's no doubt that he wanted Rooney to stay so I don't see how Fergies been outplayed here.

I think I'd like to believe that they were conspiring because otherwise Rooneys behaviour is terribly disrespectful.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                  Fergie and Rooney in cahoots wouldn't surprise me in 'the slightest! There's no doubt that he wanted Rooney to stay so I don't see how Fergies been outplayed here.

I think I'd like to believe that they were conspiring because otherwise Rooneys behaviour is terribly disrespectful.
                                  Conspiring for what? Seems his team-mates aren't thrilled with him is quotes are to be believed, "If one player does not trust the other players, that player should not play," said Evra apparently*. I doubt Ferguson wanted to upset team spirit here and don't see what he gained from all of this at all. If anything he's only lost here, upset team spirit, new wage structure other players will want and a damaged reputation between club and player.

Ferguson got what he wanted, but at a price he'd rather not have paid and ultimately he was forced to bow down to pressure put on him by one of his players who acted disgracefully but seemingly was found too important to sell. In that sense, it was a power play and Rooney won, which is the first time I can remember that happening in any power play with Ferguson. That is, unless they do intend to sell him and this is all to get more money, but I don't see that myself, stranger things have happened, though.

*http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...cernet&cc=5739

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                    Do you really think they still intend to sell him?
                                    They will if the right offer comes in for him next summer.

Chelsea won't go for him, but it would take either Torres or Rooney to move to kick off a 8 figure a spin transfer merry-go-round between Real Madrid, Man City, Utd and Chelsea.
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Conspiring for what? Seems his team-mates aren't thrilled with him is quotes are to be believed, "If one player does not trust the other players, that player should not play," said Evra apparently*. I doubt Ferguson wanted to upset team spirit here and don't see what he gained from all of this at all. If anything he's only lost here, upset team spirit, new wage structure other players will want and a damaged reputation between club and player.

Ferguson got what he wanted, but at a price he'd rather not have paid and ultimately he was forced to bow down to pressure put on him by one of his players who acted disgracefully but seemingly was found too important to sell. In that sense, it was a power play and Rooney won, which is the first time I can remember that happening in any power play with Ferguson. That is, unless they do intend to sell him and this is all to get more money, but I don't see that myself, stranger things have happened, though.

How soon after Ronaldo signing a new contract was he sold for 70 million. He went with United blessing. It's big Agent led business Rooneys agent Stretford (ironic name) is a gangster and involved in ventures with Dalglish and some other notables. I read that one reason Dalglish wasn't accepted as pool manager was due to these dealings in a common company
                                      Bigger transfer price = bigger cut for Rooney, the Agent, and United (and Everton)
                                      I really don't expect him at OT for another year.

Comment

Looks like a good deal for all concerned. Rooney gets bundles of cash, and if Utd do decide to sell at the end of the season they get a fairer price. If not we keep Rooney who hopefully will get back to his best soon enough. Still not too happy with how it all came about but I guess that will be forgotten about in time.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                            Such a depressing and reassuring (from the point of view of future job seeking) lecturer interview panel this morning. My God, academics really don't know how to interview! Was alternating being trying not to laugh and trying not to sleep.

One lad even put sounds in his powerpoint presentation!

*kaboom* My background
                                            *peeoww* My skillset
                                            *screech* Why I want to work here
                                            Was his name Trent?

Comment

How soon after Ronaldo signing a new contract was he sold for 70 million. He went with United blessing. It's big Agent led business Rooneys agent Stretford (ironic name) is a gangster and involved in ventures with Dalglish and some other notables. I read that one reason Dalglish wasn't accepted as pool manager was due to these dealings in a common company
                                              Bigger transfer price = bigger cut for Rooney, the Agent, and United (and Everton)
                                              I really don't expect him at OT for another year.
                                              Don't think they are comparable. Madrid was Ronaldo's boyhood club, he always wanted to play in Spain. All of Rooney's family are in the area, and his bruv Rio!
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                BBVQ

My laptop has bit the dust after 5 long years of faithfull service. The thing is what do I do now

Buy a new laptop?
                                                Get a mac?
                                                Get a desktop?

Apart from convience what are the major pros and cons of getting a desktop over a laptop?

can spend in the region of 500 - 800 if that helps

tyty
                                                Well seeing as you like to have and old game of online poker while you are doing updates you cant really do that when you have a desktop.

As your in shared accommodation do you really want all crazy kinda people using your desktop and could end up fucking the thing up, laptop you can hide in your room.

Drop Downtown a PM he got a pretty sweet laptop in Currys a couple weeks back in that price range.

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                I always took it as the opposite meaning that you have to stay mates with your bro and not let any hoes get in the way. Totally depends on how long your mate went out with her. If it was a 4 year relationship then you will open yourself to some serious roy keane leg breakers next time your play but if it was 2 months in college then plow away imo.
                                                Isnt that what I said?
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                  Don't think they are comparable. Madrid was Ronaldo's boyhood club, he always wanted to play in Spain. All of Rooney's family are in the area, and his bruv Rio!
                                                  Meh, there are some silly neighbourhood aspects that are not comparible but the more important one are.
                                                  Football is business, and at the top level BIG business. Anyway we shall see obviously it's all conjecture . Hope I'm wrong, great player when fit. Utd in their so called decline need good players.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                    Looks like a good deal for all concerned. Rooney gets bundles of cash, and if Utd do decide to sell at the end of the season they get a fairer price. If not we keep Rooney who hopefully will get back to his best soon enough. Still not too happy with how it all came about but I guess that will be forgotten about in time.
                                                    this is the key thing for all MU'ers

is it guaranteed however? it's not flicking a switch and he has been in a downward spiral for over 6 months now (literally unable to control the ball any time I see him)

as a lover of sport I'd like to see Rooney back to his best and scoring spectacular goals, I'm just not convinced that this is a given

Comment

Conspiring for what?
                                                      I presume he means it would be a great way to out the Glaziers and draw more attention to the debt (which many fans seem oblivious towards) and that Ferguson is not getting money to spend as he would like. It would be a very clever way to do this without Ferguson having to publicly condemn the running of the club and the owners but it all seems far to convoluted to be plausible.

Opr

Comment

Conspiring to get Rooney a bigger pay check, give the glazers a wake up call about the need for new players or they face the loss of their main assets, conspiring to keep Rooney at the club but on better terms for all involved!

Admittedly the quotes look bad but Evra is a mouth at the best of times and fletcher has been misquoted. I don't think the team spirit issue will be a problem.

It might seem highly unlikely that they'd be in cahoots but I want to believe it. Roomed behaved deplorably and I thought he was better than that. I don't wanna believe he's a conniving prick that's going to cause upset in the club because of all this!

Head in sand tyvm.

Comment

Just a fantastic song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JLtgM8XIgw[/ame]

Comment

Conspiring to get Rooney a bigger pay check, give the glazers a wake up call about the need for new players or they face the loss of their main assets, conspiring to keep Rooney at the club but on better terms for all involved!

Admittedly the quotes look bad but Evra is a mouth at the best of times and fletcher has been misquoted. I don't think the team spirit issue will be a problem.

It might seem highly unlikely that they'd be in cahoots but I want to believe it. Roomed behaved deplorably and I thought he was better than that. I don't wanna believe he's a conniving prick that's going to cause upset in the club because of all this!

Head in sand tyvm.
                                                            Yeah it's possible but like 1% chance of it, I mean it's not like the Glazers have a big pile of money they're sitting on but wont spend it, they've always spent when they've had the money, all the wake up calls in the world wont scare up a 50m transfer kitty without just putting the club further in debt because there's nowhere else for the money to come from.

It's also quite the elaborate plan and would involve Rooney voluntarily run the risk of the clubs fans and fellow plays turning on him, and some fans probably have as a result. It'd be an almost A-Team-esque plan and I'd love it if it came together like that but probably not...

Comment

The original is a fantastic song but thats a pretty bad cover imo.

Opr

Comment

Yeah it's possible but like 1% chance of it, I mean it's not like the Glazers have a big pile of money they're sitting on but wont spend it, they've always spent when they've had the money, all the wake up calls in the world wont scare up a 50m transfer kitty without just putting the club further in debt because there's nowhere else for the money to come from.

It's also quite the elaborate plan and would involve Rooney voluntarily run the risk of the clubs fans and fellow plays turning on him, and some fans probably have as a result. It'd be an almost A-Team-esque plan and I'd love it if it came together like that but probably not...
                                                                Lookit. There's no place for logic in football, this has been seen time and time again, even "the voice of reason" becomes a blabbering frothy mouthed fool when it comes to it!

So shut up with your reasonable opinion, my A teamesque plan makes me feel better about this while sorry situation!

Comment

Jesus!

This Is What 121-1/2 Tons of Marijuana Looks Like ... Before and After You Burn It

If you engage in a bit of the wacky tobacco, you probably have a pretty good idea of what a gram of marijuana looks like -- maybe even an ounce. But even the most expanded mind would have trouble conceptualizing the sheer mass of 121.5 tons of marijuana. Mexican authorities are calling this haul "the largest seizure in the country's history of marijuana prepared and packed for sale and distribution."

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    The original is a fantastic song but thats a pretty bad cover imo.

Opr
                                                                    Each to their own, I dont really know alot of The Smiths stuff just some of it. The original is brilliant but been listening to an album Noel Gallagher done and I really like this version.

Comment

2 bags of Homer please.

Burnt it? Imagine the surrounding villages had an enjoyable few hours

Comment

Ah I don't know know about fergie being outplayed here!

He got what he wanted, and I think he played it pretty well. I doubt he was the one ever standing untie way of Rooney getting his wages....

THIS is why i love united fans!!!
                                                                        even you don't believe any of that

Excellent news on Rooney. Glad I wasn't one of the fkwits who turned on him.

I don't know, personally I have lost a lot of respect for Rooney

Anyone who turned on him cannot cheer him anymore imo
                                                                        Ever time they do, that sound they hear will be a little of their soul dying

Yeah it's possible but like 1% chance of it
                                                                        That high? Will you be my bookie?

Wayne Rooney's week
                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihl5wg3hVq0[/ame]

Comment

why burn it. Why not sell it to some country where it is legal?
                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I wonder does Rooney's agent play as hard ball in his negotiations with hookers?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              I wonder does Rooney's agent play as hard ball in his negotiations with hookers?
                                                                              obviously not or we would never have heard of Juicy Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                £200 for a box of marlboro, Me thinks not!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                  2 bags of Homer please.

Burnt it? Imagine the surrounding villages had an enjoyable few hours
                                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9keQMXSpHs[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                    a few pallets of wood
                                                                                    +
                                                                                    1/4 of the total haul
                                                                                    +
                                                                                    a shitload of petrol
                                                                                    =
                                                                                    Profit!!!
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                      So what he is saying is he'd go to Chelsea over City. He'd pick City though.

Still think he will make a epic U-turn
                                                                                      .

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                        Each to their own, I dont really know alot of The Smiths stuff just some of it. The original is brilliant but been listening to an album Noel Gallagher done and I really like this version.
                                                                                        I seen your post and downloaded but haven't got around to listening. Is it all cover songs/Oasis songs or does he have new material on it he wrote and sings with just him ?

Smiths are well worth giving some time to and they don't have too many albums. Some of Morrisseys solo stuff is also well worth a listen but I am probably in the minority on that.

He is also one of Noels biggest hero's

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1MsuoNJQ3U[/ame]

Opr

Comment

begging for votes time again. not for me this time though, for a mate, if they win, they get to live rent free for the year
                                                                                          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

can vote once a day.
                                                                                          thanks!
                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                            I've always wondered actually, let's say hypothetically Ireland was to legalize weed, I presume it would be illegal for countries where it is not legal to export it?

Would it all have to be grown here? Maybe we could turn Leitrim into a marijuana farm.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                              Would it all have to be grown here? Maybe we could turn Leitrim into a marijuana farm.
                                                                                              :cough:
                                                                                              you been to Leitrim recently?

Comment

Facebook friend - 5 minutes
                                                                                                Outer circle Friend - 10 minutes
                                                                                                Close Friend - If you fancy here and he was any use you would have both got a go at her by now, ship him to the outer circle the selfish cnut. And ride his ex of course.
                                                                                                this
                                                                                                imo

edit:
                                                                                                i like the circle/tier thingy btw
                                                                                                also if it were me i would probably just ride her for the lol's down the pub after
                                                                                                Last edited by Angry-Ball; 22-10-10, 14:07.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

LOL huge cher backlash on facebook as all her 'own lyrics' raps are found to be exact copies.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

100th Post

SPOILER
                                                                                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                      I seen your post and downloaded but haven't got around to listening. Is it all cover songs/Oasis songs or does he have new material on it he wrote and sings with just him ?

Smiths are well worth giving some time to and they don't have too many albums. Some of Morrisseys solo stuff is also well worth a listen but I am probably in the minority on that.

He is also one of Noels biggest hero's

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Opr
                                                                                                      Give it a listen and see what you think, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dre..._Cancer_Trust)

Comment

Never seen this before very good

EA Sports Makes Fun of Tiger Woods '08 'Walking on Water' Glitch

A fan posted a video to YouTube of a glitch in this golf game where Tiger Woods walks on water. EA responded with this video.

Original:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h42UeR-f8ZA[/ame]

EA:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ1st1Vw2kY[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                          Jesus!

such a waist ,no talk of fecken carbon foot print or any of that shite here...
                                                                                                          disgrace.

Comment

Anywhere I could get Matusow's autobiography online? I don't know what or who my cousins are but if someone could drop me a pm it'd be appreciated.
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              How did you finish up in the sng last night?
                                                                                                              took a chance 3 handed to knock the other 2 out with AdKd
                                                                                                              was up agains Kh9H and another AKoffsuit

of course the Kh9h pings 2 pair

then I ended up short stacked but worked it back up, knocked out the older guy (who flopped the set V your KQ) and was about 15K behind the other guy... blinds were 1K 2K so we did a chop €200 each and left a €10 each for dealer....

it went on for a good while. Was actually a good SNG as there were people knocked out really quickly which left alot of play... some of the standard was really really bad...
                                                                                                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

suggestions for bringing the missus out tonight?
                                                                                                                any decent gigs/shows/standup etc?

Comment

Anyone get spam texts from 1livecasino.com today? I'd love to know where they got my number from...

Comment

take her for a bag of chips from Burdocks, a flagon of cider and a stroll along the Liffey boardwalk, observing the colourful local 'characters'

if she objects, tell her there's a recession on

Comment

Comedy nights in the International Bar are always good. Decent standard of stand up for the price IMO.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                        take her for a bag of chips from Burdocks, a flagon of cider and a stroll along the Liffey boardwalk, observing the colourful local 'characters'

if she objects, tell her there's a recession on
                                                                                                                        In fairness she could do worse. Burdocks chips are >>>>>>> than anywhere else in Dublin.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                          Comedy nights in the International Bar are always good. Decent standard of stand up for the price IMO.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, I've never been on a friday but the tuesdays and thursdays are excellent and it's usually the same kind of thing, 5 or 10 euro in to see a few of the local regular acts most of which are very very good for the money you're paying in, well worth a go.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X