This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    You know, all I would like is for dbc to find something else to fill his time with - something that is in some way useful to himself or the world around him. All this boils down to is a complete non entity of a poker player utterly obsessed with the Irish poker playing community, so much so that he gets his jollies from the tripe he has engaged in here over the years; or stuff like this evening's unacceptable facebook clash with Colette.

In any case, the minds of the community are made up on this matter. He is not welcome here, and every time he darkens the door we will try to remove him as speedily as possible. We won't catch every account mind, and we may inadvertently ban people who aren't dbc. That is all regrettable, but we can only do our best.
    Thanks lads for the replies.
    I got a nasty pm from him before, over something I can't even remember, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt... but not anymore.... I have figured out how to block people on facebook now, so he is blacklisted.. There is one rule I go by, I won't say anything on the internet that I am not willing to say to people face to face, simple as...

Anyway, hopefully he will just get bored and move on,
    Last edited by KevIRL; 22-01-13, 20:11.
    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

BIAM finally sold to state street. Anyone hear how much for? Pure nosiness really....
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
        this graph makes me sad -one of the midstakes regs on stars i play against

really makes you wonder about variance and how good/bad it can get !

run better o reilly

Comment

^^^^^

any reason you are playing PL instead of NL? or is that sample all Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            BIAM finally sold to state street. Anyone hear how much for? Pure nosiness really....
            based on their investment performance...I would say 1 dollah
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

not sure if this interests anyone but for the next hour tickets for leinster clermont (return leg) in december in the aviva stadium are going for 10 euros. not the best seats but still-should be a great game- just got 4 for myself

edit to say: only 1000 up for grabs
              Last edited by shrapnel; 22-10-10, 09:16.

Comment

57 million!!

Comment

Thanks PPP for letting me know the start time of the ME tomorrow

It is 2.00pm for any of you who weren't sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    based on their investment performance...I would say 1 dollah
                    Well that's why I'm nosy!! Lol
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      57 million!!
                      Inside knowledge or did you see this somewhere?

Edit. Ah I see the bloomberg article now. Ty.
                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 22-10-10, 09:20.

Comment

Inside knowledge or did you see this somewhere?
                        saw the memo

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                          What time does the IWF main event start on Saturday. Need to know if I am leaving today or tomorrow lol.

Well done Tony (and all the others) on shipping the ticket last night
                          2pm start each day.

Comment

not sure if this interests anyone but for the next hour tickets for leinster clermont (return leg) in december in the aviva stadium are going for 10 euros. not the best seats but still-should be a great game- just got 4 for myself

Looks like its finished/Sold out. Was hoping to pick up a couple of tickets....Thanks anyway

Comment

just got tickets myself, paid a few quid extra for decent seats - no sign of those €10 ones either! Good pre-Xmas drinking excuse imo

Comment

just got tickets myself, paid a few quid extra for decent seats - no sign of those €10 ones either! Good pre-Xmas drinking excuse imo
                                they're still there following that link. it's the hour of power tickets at the bottom, but they're going very fast so i doubt they'll be available for the full hour

Comment

This is most interesting. BIAM coming in under mew name? Or just amalgamated with SSGM?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    This is most interesting. BIAM coming in under mew name? Or just amalgamated with SSGM?
                                    i doubt they'll keep the name Bank Of Ireland Asset Managament tbh.

Comment

they're still there following that link. it's the hour of power tickets at the bottom, but they're going very fast so i doubt they'll be available for the full hour
                                      it's better value than Michael feckin' Buble anyway

I paid 40 quid for seats more or less on halfway, looking forward to it now as I haven't been to the new Landsdowne yet and I don't intend going to the November internationals (corporate freebies excepted obv. )

Comment

i doubt they'll keep the name Bank Of Ireland Asset Managament tbh.
                                        it doesn't exactly scream success and positivity

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                          Thanks lads for the replies.
                                          Anyway, hopefully he will just get bored and move on,
                                          How did you finish up in the sng last night?
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                            Not really. Boi forced to sell and the brand is tarnished. All the info on the Irish times now anyway.

Probably a good thing for those working there.

Comment

BBVQ

My laptop has bit the dust after 5 long years of faithfull service. The thing is what do I do now

Buy a new laptop?
                                              Get a mac?
                                              Get a desktop?

Apart from convience what are the major pros and cons of getting a desktop over a laptop?

can spend in the region of 500 - 800 if that helps

tyty

Comment

All knowing BBV, any good pizza place around Rathfarnham/Templeogue for sit down that would be open lunchtime today?

Ta.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  All knowing BBV, any good pizza place around Rathfarnham/Templeogue for sit down that would be open lunchtime today?

Ta.
                                                  Little Caesars behind The Orchard is all that comes to mind - dunno what their pizza's are like though.

Comment

This is probably BBV abuse... I should post more often and in different circumstances...

I work in an office in Tallaght. Today, I'm the only person there. That's not unusual.

I'm expecting a package from Amazon but tbh I wasn't expecting it until Tuesday.

20 minutes ago I spotted that the post had arrived downstairs with one of those "Delivery Notice" - "We were unable to deliver a packet" dockets addressed to me.

Ok, so the postman goes around on a bike and maybe it's not possible for him to carry all of the packets to be delivered that day with him. LOL An Post.

Anyway, the docket has a little box ticked, that says, that the package will be available for collection from the delivery office "Today". Hand-written beside it - "9 - 5".

FFS - I drove to the delivery office. Man in delivery office went back to check for the packet and pretty quickly came back out to say that the postman isn't back from his rounds with the packet and probably won't be back until about 12:00.

There is a buzzer beside our office door. You press the buzzer and VERY FUCKING LOUD BUZZ goes off in the office. Instead this GOBSHITE stood outside and filled in a docket and posted it through the letter box telling me I could collect my package between 9 and 5.

WTF? :really fucking angry face:

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                      BBVQ

My laptop has bit the dust after 5 long years of faithfull service. The thing is what do I do now

Buy a new laptop?
                                                      Get a mac?
                                                      Get a desktop?

Apart from convience what are the major pros and cons of getting a desktop over a laptop?

can spend in the region of 500 - 800 if that helps

tyty
                                                      You won't get a Mac for that price. If you are happy having it not portable then a desktop is great, but if you are used to a laptop, then get another one. You can get a good one for that type of price.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        Generally a big off limits but depends on how good of friends you are how long they were involved, bros over hoes!
                                                        I always took it as the opposite meaning that you have to stay mates with your bro and not let any hoes get in the way. Totally depends on how long your mate went out with her. If it was a 4 year relationship then you will open yourself to some serious roy keane leg breakers next time your play but if it was 2 months in college then plow away imo.

Comment

standard An Post procedure imo

sounds like you're on general life tilt today!

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                            Are you filling up on Aiden Grimshaw, out to 11/1 on betfair now?
                                                            Sorry only saw this now, yeah, I've been a backer all week.

The price swing from one bad week was insane. He's the standout candidate of the second most successful demographic in X-Factor, maybe even most successful. The record of the young attractive solo male is superb, even the awful ones out perform any other demographic. Throw in a little bit of camp, which Aiden has, and they do even better.

Plus I'm always wary of the early reactions, it's quite possible they wanted to dampen expectations after the first week, and ensure he doesn't peak to early. Song choice and slot will be interesting this week. My only worry is he's a bit left-field and different for X-Factor, but at the prices I'm happy to chance, like there's no way he should be a bigger price than Tesco lady for f*ck sake!

Comment

Comment

The very concept of AnPost running around the country to deliver parcels to every single premises in the country for almost free is getting to look fairly ridiculois in the modern world.
                                                                My postman just drove probably an extra 2Km to leave off a parcel that was posted from Hong Kong for free to me on a $10 purchase, normally there would be no one here and he would have been calling to leave a note. Great service IMO
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                  ffs, in the last seven days I have been abused by the BBV for being Niles Crane (FU Downtown and danutpeddlar btw), smug bastard and now David McW

screw the lot of ya

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    The very concept of AnPost running around the country to deliver parcels to every single premises in the country for almost free is getting to look fairly ridiculois in the modern world.
                                                                    My postman just drove probably an extra 2Km to leave off a parcel that was posted from Hong Kong for free to me on a $10 purchase, normally there would be no one here and he would have been calling to leave a note. Great service IMO
                                                                    The postman makes about 50-60k a year btw with overtime. The normal day starts at 6am and you finish at 10-11am. I've being trying to get in since I did it as a casual one Christmas but they've stopped hiring. I'm fed up of sitting in front of a computer.
                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

ffs, in the last seven days I have been abused by the BBV for being Niles Crane (FU Downtown and danutpeddlar btw), smug bastard and now David McW

screw the lot of ya

Man Up ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                        ^^^^^

any reason you are playing PL instead of NL? or is that sample all Omaha?

He is an omaha donk

Comment

I thought that you actually were david mcw. I really didnt know what to think but not much of it was good. Relieved to know that your not tho

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                                                            any opinions on how long is enough time to let pass by to get involved with a friends ex - girlfriend or is it a complete no-no ? 2yrs ??
                                                                            Facebook friend - 5 minutes
                                                                            Outer circle Friend - 10 minutes
                                                                            Close Friend - If you fancy here and he was any use you would have both got a go at her by now, ship him to the outer circle the selfish cnut. And ride his ex of course.

Comment

screw the lot of ya
                                                                              Raoul in a few years imo. NOT STING BTW
                                                                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMXCPANHeYM&ob=av3e"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMXCPANHeYM&ob=av3e[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                  Raoul in a few years imo. NOT STING BTW
                                                                                  imo

Comment

don't knock Sting btw, he can have tantric sex for hours on end

Comment

imo
                                                                                      My dentist would vehemently disagee
                                                                                      But he is a legend so I'll take it.

Comment

Betting suspended on a number of betting sites on Rooney staying at United

Comment

don't knock Sting btw, he can have tantric sex for hours on end
                                                                                          hours? wham bam thank you mam imo.

That corrie clip posted last night is still troubling me.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

signed new contract

Comment

imo
                                                                                              where's that randolf and mortimer pic from coming to america??
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

There'll be a U - Turn and he'll end up signing an outlandish new contract.

Which will be a shame mind, as Rooney joining City would be the most awesome thing ever.
                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                  However wouldn't be surprised if this whole thing was Rooney angling for more money and this is Fergie calling his bluff and it'll all blow over. In fact I'd make that the most likely situation, doubt Ferguson would publically state he wants out as by doing so he reduces the players value and he's no fool.
                                                                                                  Soul read tbh. I'd imagine Rooney won and has a fairly whopper contract right now.
                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                      suitable pic
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                        There'll be a U - Turn and he'll end up signing an outlandish new contract.
                                                                                                        WP sir - although iirc Ronaldo did something similar so it may just serve to bump up his price when he eventually does leave.
                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                          Soul read tbh. I'd imagine Rooney won and has a fairly whopper contract right now.
                                                                                                          220k a week apparentely. I wonder if he used Yaya Toure as a comparison in negotiations.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                            220k a week apparentely. I wonder if he used Yaya Toure as a comparison in negotiations.
                                                                                                            Which ironically, if true, surely fucks Man Uniteds chances of bringing in those new players that Rooney was so worried about
                                                                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Great play by Rooney, bravo!

Overbet with a well disguised nutty hand and got paid off

Comment

Yeah Rooney completely and utterly outplayed Man United here, this is a transcript from the end of the contract negotiations

Fergusson "Did you have it in you to leave, kid?"
                                                                                                                Rooney "I'm sorry Alex....I don't remember"

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                  Sorry only saw this now, yeah, I've been a backer all week.

The price swing from one bad week was insane. He's the standout candidate of the second most successful demographic in X-Factor, maybe even most successful. The record of the young attractive solo male is superb, even the awful ones out perform any other demographic. Throw in a little bit of camp, which Aiden has, and they do even better.

Plus I'm always wary of the early reactions, it's quite possible they wanted to dampen expectations after the first week, and ensure he doesn't peak to early. Song choice and slot will be interesting this week. My only worry is he's a bit left-field and different for X-Factor, but at the prices I'm happy to chance, like there's no way he should be a bigger price than Tesco lady for f*ck sake!
                                                                                                                  Did you think the performance was that bad ? I actually think apart from a few dodgy moments it was pretty good and a cool interpretation of the song. Simon looked ready to hate it from the moment he started singing and I think as you say that was to dampen him a little so he doesn't end up running away with the competition too early. Dannii actually looked pretty pleased with him when the camera cut to her after the performance but both her and Cheryl looked over and saw Simon's face and both took their cue, Louis was just too slow to realise what was going on

Opr

Comment

That old chestnut 'Theres only one winner when a player takes on Fergie' seems to have died a death.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                      Did you think the performance was that bad ? I actually think apart from a few dodgy moments it was pretty good and a cool interpretation of the song. Simon looked ready to hate it from the moment he started singing and I think as you say that was to dampen him a little so he doesn't end up running away with the competition too early. Dannii actually looked pretty pleased with him when the camera cut to her after the performance but both her and Cheryl looked over and saw Simon's face and both took their cue, Louis was just too slow to realise what was going on

Opr

Agree with you completely, I watched it with a couple of mates who would have similar song tastes, and we all loved it and thought it was really good. Not as good as Mad World but definitely very listenable and different.

The problem is that the people who like that, ie me, you, people who don't buy Joe McElderry singles, are not going to pick up the phone and vote in these competitions.

Comment

I'll settle for Fabregas running a similar bluff against Arsenal and getting it through

Comment

Techie help

I've just rec'd a video file in an email.

its a .3gp file, anyone know what free video players I can use to watch this?

Thanks in advance
                                                                                                                          Last edited by BabyHawk; 22-10-10, 12:10.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X