Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw this on F365 so I take it with a pinch of salt.

Quote from Fergie on Rooney: "I had a player once who said to me that Rooney and (Cristiano) Ronaldo weren't good enough and he was not prepared to wait until they were good enough."

Who would that have been? Beckham, Keane, Van Nistelrooy? I haven't heard him say this before anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      I was watching the dail debate yesterday on TV and got thinking. Isnt politics and diplomacy really a load of BS. just for one day of the year it would be great if people actually came out with what they really think
      Unfortunately 'what they really think' is that anyone who disagrees with their viewpoints is a moron, and if they are from a different town or country they need to be invaded, beaten into submission and forced to amend their errant ways.

We spent about 12000 years trying it that way and it didn't work.
      Democratic politics and diplomacy has really only taken off in the last 50 years, so probably deserves to be given a while longer.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post

Quote from Fergie on Rooney: "I had a player once who said to me that Rooney and (Cristiano) Ronaldo weren't good enough and he was not prepared to wait until they were good enough."

Who would that have been? Beckham, Keane, Van Nistelrooy? I haven't heard him say this before anyway.
        ruud I'd say
        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Democratic politics and diplomacy has really only taken off in the last 50 years, so probably deserves to be given a while longer.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If you are hitting Pompeii , Sorrento is nearby and the Island of Capri just a rowboat away. Naples of course as pointed out is not safe but only because there is no respite from the traffic. If you've been to Rome. Well double the amount of wasps mopheads and twice as crazy. Don't walk on the pavement it only annoys them. Try to hover.
            Before you cross the road, look left look right, look behind you, under you legs and finally bless yourself. If you do make it to the other side repeat the process. Now if you want to actually drive in Naples good luck, keep the car horn firmly pressed in and join in the orchestra. It's a bit like the double dutch skipping rope game,
            It's onea crazya place. And keep yer eye out for Gypos kids. Slap every child to be on the safe side.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Bubbleking is a steaming poofter
              touche sir

an example of what Im talking about in an ideal world

FF - "ok lads we are rightly fooked here. we need to make cuts that the droolers wont like. you guys know we need to make them so if you join us and help us avoid getting slaughtered at the polls we will let you take some of the credit/blame for the decisions"

other parties - "lol your on your own mate. unlucky though but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Also massive lol at you tit ex leader in that new tv ad"

FF - "jebus crist as if we didnt have enough problems that idiot bertie is a right plonker"

Comment

Quality from you laugh you lose

Would love to visit Pompeii, anyone know what would the weather be like in November?
                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Van Nisteelroy left in 2005.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

'I had a player once who said to me' doesn't have to be someone who actually signed for United, could have been someone they targetted and talked to but got rejected by.
                    Ronaldinho maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      Van Nisteelroy left in 2005.
                      Summer 2006, but it's consitent with the timelines given the ages of Rooney & Ronaldo at the time as well as Ruuds much publicised spat with Ronaldo.

Comment

Definitely Ruud imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          Summer 2006, but it's consitent with the timelines given the ages of Rooney & Ronaldo at the time as well as Ruuds much publicised spat with Ronaldo.
                          Shows you what I know! Was sure it was a year earlier.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                            Yeah I wouldn't be up with the timeline at all tbh, Beckham was gone before Rooney now that I think of it.

A player who wasn't signed could have been anybody nearly, even Robben.

Comment

Anyone know how many runners on average the €35 Monday game at Waterford Poker Club at the Quay would get?
                              Might play in it next week, sound

Comment

Saint James Hospital A&E is pretty much grim and gruesome (jbravado word), fucking horrible place to wait. Ended up spending a little over 10 hours down there last night with my Dad thankfully he is grand now

My Dad has always been the one who kinda puts a side if he isnt feeling well and just tries to push through even done it last night, he was getting really sharp pains in his stomach and thought he could make it go away "Daniel get me a drop of brandy" after that didnt work you could still see the pain in his face no point taking the risk and I just said we are going to the A&E.

Arrive at 8 and get checked in and get seen by the triage nurse but it wasnt until 2:15 in the morning to when he finally got in and seen a doctor.

Crack heads and drunks line the place, to be fair the crack heads werent half as much hassle as the drunks were there was like 4 or 5 who came in throughout the night and just took up so much time with the nurses its fucking ridiculous!!! To then not even receive treatment and get chucked out, they cant exactly turn them away but they were stupid and annoying.

Still trying to hit up people for money and cigarettes while in bits was funny to see especially when one alco bitch starts hassling some guy in his PJ's sitting in a wheelchair "have you got 30 cennnnntttttsssssssssssssss, its only 30 ceennnnnnnttttsssss etc etc"

While one other crazy bint keep calling me Carlos turned out she thought I looked like your man from Desperate Housewives "you should go to Hollywood" and then tries to lung at me with a kiss, sharp dive out of the way

It wasn't even funny as most of the crack heads/drunks were know and knew the nurses as they seemed like frequent flyers + I recognised some of them from been the people I normally see on the luas bad state of affairs when that happens.

I know the health system over here is in bits but when you see their hands are tied for some of the stuff but the nurses and doctors were really helpful and I know I wouldn't like to have to deal with what they do down there.

Absolutely starving and gonna whip up some massive feed in a bit. Time to catch up on last nights going ons. Please make it a good read
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Phil Neville

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    Shows you what I know! Was sure it was a year earlier.
                                    I'd be more worried if you were following Uniteds goings on closely enough to know that off-hand!

I can go through the United list for the last 10/20 years but outside of the last transfer window I'd struggle with anyone else.

Comment

Failed me driving test. I is really bad at reversing around a corner

Comment

Quinton fortune obv

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              lol what a joke of a system - I know nothing about your driving ability but considering a large % of the population havr their licence by default/purchase/bribery you think they could let someone with the fundamentals pass

Comment

Strewelpeter posted this great little link last night, cheers man. Some absolutely great stuff on it.

Just scrolled through it and these were some of my favourite links from it,

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-1_ibDB3Y4[/ame]

Comment

DO the test in Naples. They have a 3 crashes and you fail policy.

UL, your pretest instructor should have alerted you.

BK, they said a player.

Didn't Keano blast the whole team, or was that purely Flectcher. (who is shite this year)

Comment

Glad everything's ok, Danny.

Makes my whine seem paltry

[x] Is Sick

[] Can call in sick to work tonight

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Just bagged a free game in the K Club tomorrow with Ruby Walsh at a "play with the stars" day.

Not bad.

Comment

And now to my 3000th post

Gotta be one of my favourites Kelly Brook.

[NSFW="Awesome!"]

[/NSFW]

Comment

Bubbleking is a steaming poofter
                                                          and a f*ckin meath man aswell
                                                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                            and a f*ckin meath man aswell
                                                            ah, they're not the worst

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                              And now to my 3000th post

Gotta be one of my favourites Kelly Brook.

[NSFW="Awesome!"]

[/NSFW]
                                                              ffs tyler, I expected a stirring tale of debauchery or even some pokah lessons

I may have to give your fridge magnet away now

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                Just bagged a free game in the K Club tomorrow with Ruby Walsh at a "play with the stars" day.

Not bad.
                                                                You know the deal Eoghan, bbv wants a tip and a decent one. Not Kauto for the King George.

Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                  You know the deal Eoghan, bbv wants a tip and a decent one.
                                                                  don't get pictured in a national daily newspaper with yore Ma?

Comment

A man pulls up in his car alongside a lad in the street. He says "I'll give you £10 & a packet of sweets if you get in", the boy says "No", the man says "I'll give you £20 & a packet of sweets if you get in", the boy says "No", the man says "I'll give you £50 & a packet of sweets if you get in", the boys says "Fuck off Dad, I'm not going to Anfield to watch that shit anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

Not bad.
                                                                      Nice, his tips are priceless. He used to come into the Wicklow Street bookies I used to work in to do the odd bet because it was very quite. They rarely lost!
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                          Nice, his tips are priceless. He used to come into the Wicklow Street bookies I used to work in to do the odd bet because it was very quite. They rarely lost!
                                                                          Funny then that some of those closest to him have done serious money punting horses...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                            lol what a joke of a system - I know nothing about your driving ability but considering a large % of the population havr their licence by default/purchase/bribery you think they could let someone with the fundamentals pass
                                                                            Excellent idea. Sure might as well give free driving licences to all 10 year olds as well while we are at it. What could possibly go wrong.

Comment

A bit pointless, it's 3 years since I done my driving test, and I can't ever remember reversing around a corner since.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                Excellent idea. Sure might as well give free driving licences to all 10 year olds as well while we are at it. What could possibly go wrong.
                                                                                The fact is that the driving test at the moment is wholly inadequate. There is no testing peoples night driving skills or motorway driving, basically they are tested on one specific aspect of their driving (urban), yet for many people this isn't what a normal 'drive' would entail for them.

The Scandinavian countries have a proper system, where you are tested on everything, including skidpads etc. Much more worthwhile.
                                                                                Last edited by NewApproach; 21-10-10, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  Funny then that some of those closest to him have done serious money punting horses...
                                                                                  More than likely rubbish bankroll management.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

27 ? FFS you must have been doing serious overtime.
                                                                                    Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    Unless you work for yourself or the company will go bust without you, you must be crazy to allow yourself to lose annual leave. Will they at least pay you in lieu of it?
                                                                                    Ah they are not really all due IMO, most of them are accumulated days in lieu that I picked up when travelling and rolled over on the system we use. Now they want to stop people carrying too many forward so I'm using up as many as I can reasonably between now and the new year.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

welcome back^^

Comment

LOL at the missing post.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                          LOL at the missing post.
                                                                                          it was quite the rant

RW has more than one enemy on this forum though

Comment

To be fair it was definitely right to be taken down, especially given the account posted on.

Comment

it was quite the rant

RW has more than one enemy on this forum though
                                                                                              What was that about?

Comment

Who is RW?
                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

welcome back^^
                                                                                                  Think that was the ghost of BCB

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                    Who is RW?
                                                                                                    it's an acronym for Wayne Rooney

Comment

Windows Vista help please guys.

This is just something that annoys fk out me every time I put my laptop on.

When it was 3 weeks old it was sent for repair to HP for overheating. When it came back and I booted it up it asked which user I wanted. Gill or Administrator and I have to click Gill.

I didn't add admin in as Gill has administrator facilities and I hate the fact I can't just out my machine on and let it load!

I had a look about and couldn't see how to sort that and any help would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.

Comment

He's dead right in what he said though. How these guys get away with what they do amazes me. But you are right, considering the account it was posted on, it had to be taken down.

Comment

PM please

I assume it was someone expressing a libellous version of my opinion of the bould Ruby
                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 21-10-10, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Windows Vista help please guys.

This is just something that annoys fk out me every time I put my laptop on.

When it was 3 weeks old it was sent for repair to HP for overheating. When it came back and I booted it up it asked which user I wanted. Gill or Administrator and I have to click Gill.

I didn't add admin in as Gill has administrator facilities and I hate the fact I can't just out my machine on and let it load!

I had a look about and couldn't see how to sort that and any help would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance.
                                                                                                            it's a default profile and you can manually remove it.
                                                                                                            I wouldnt advise it as it can be used to repair when services that start up with your 'gill' account go tits up/and or spyware/malware.
                                                                                                            the easiest thing to do is
                                                                                                            open a command prompt
                                                                                                            type:
                                                                                                            net user administrator /active:no
                                                                                                            you can switch it back on if needs be.
                                                                                                            For the sake of an extra .2 of a second to click gill, it's up to you whether its worth it.
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              PM please
                                                                                                              +1
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                He's dead right in what he said though. How these guys get away with what they do amazes me. But you are right, considering the account it was posted on, it had to be taken down.
                                                                                                                fucking work meetings getting in the way of scandal

Comment

Liverpool have made a bid for Rooney after he said he wanted to play in a different league next season.

Comment

Can anyone recommend me a good blender?

Don't mind about price as long as it's very good, most of the ones I've tried are awful.

Comment

Ladbrokespoker.com introduces Anonymous Tables

Ladbrokespoker.com introduces Anonymous Tables

Online poker just got more exciting on Ladbrokes PokerLondon, 21st October, 2010

LadbrokesPoker.com is one of the first sites to launch ‘Anonymous Tables’. This unique and groundbreaking offering allows players to hide their aliases and avatars from the other players on their table. This gives Ladbrokes players the opportunity to try some outrageous moves without being recognised and have the luxury of no-one else knowing who made that fishy play!

‘Anonymous Tables’, which is patent pending, will run alongside the standard cash tables and be accessible from the main lobby, giving customers the option to play on the regular tables or try their hand at something different.

Kate McLennan, Head of Poker at Ladbrokes Poker, said, “We are really excited about this launch. Never before have poker players been able to play without other players knowing who they are. This brings an added element to the game for people whose playing style maybe recognisable. For those new to the game, it is an opportunity to try some different moves without getting a reputation because players will simply never know who they are playing against.”
                                                                                                                      www.pokerinthepub.ie
                                                                                                                      www.bigslickevents.net
                                                                                                                      www.casinonightsireland.com
                                                                                                                      www.thevenuetramore.com

Comment

Speaking of food, can anyone recommend a good set of knifes? Price doesn't matter to an extent. i.e under €800.
                                                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Anonymous poker...jaysus.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X