This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
    Cheers for all the advice there and the back and forth. Even tho it seems from my reading here that the ps3 seems to be a bit better prob gonna go with the Xbox as all my mates seem to have it and can rob games on them obviously Also, i am intriqued with Halo for some reason having never played it. I used to play Quake3 a lot and it reminds me of it never having played it

Anyway muchos gracias
    Halo3 online is the most fun I've had since CCS on the PC. Although you would be getting Reach now. Reach is a great game as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
      United fans laughed at people who said that when he left the club he loved at 16 to go to the club down the road with a big bag of money and more chance of winning stuff

Meh!
      Lol, very different scenario. He was moving to the biggest club in the country, just up the road from his home. Was he really going to stay at Everton, who basically knew they couldn't hold onto the player? Would they have sold him to Liverpool? I think not.

As a very downbeat Fergie said in that interview, he has been treated so well since he arrived and can't understand why he would want to leave.

I can't understand this whole mess either

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        don't forget that Rooney has been playing non-stop since the age of 16, has serious character issues, doesn't have the ideal physiology for an athlete and is on a downward trajectory in form that has lasted a lot longer than the usual definition of a 'blip'

United should be delighted if they can get 70m for him, I doubt if he'll be playing football in 3 years

Lots of world class footballers do. The old saying "There's a fine line between genius and insanity" is highlighted most in professional sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
          Chartered Financial Analyst.

The gold standard qualification in the finance industry. There's three levels. One taken each June. Pass rate was 42% for level 1 this year. Lv I exam consists of 240 multiple choice questions broken down into two 3 hour sessions split over 10 topics shown in the image below.

@ Raoul

That's my analysis from last year. I'm sure not much has changed this year. Ethics gives you the most bang for your buck by far and some of those pages are optional iirc.

Edit: Raoul beat me to it
          What's the pass level for one of these? 40%?

Comment

Lol at "Rooney doesn't have the ideal physiology for a professional athlete"- I mean seriously!
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
              Lol, very different scenario. He was moving to the biggest club in the country, just up the road from his home. Was he really going to stay at Everton, who basically knew they couldn't hold onto the player?
              Lol it is so not different
              City are financially the biggest club in the country
              United cannot keep him

As a very downbeat Fergie said in that interview, he has been treated so well since he arrived and can't understand why he would want to leave.

I can't understand this whole mess either
              Sounds just like Moyes did at the time

Was he really going to stay at united if he could leave the club he supported
              at such a young age, United fans speak of Everton as if they are Tranmere

Comment

Originally posted by Zuutroph View Post
                Had to log on to find out what happened. texts galore at me training course, itching to get out. back in 10 minutes. .
                IMO.
                Rooney will definitely go to Real Madrid. Joses little comment that ALex will keep him is a smokescreen.. Ronaldo already beckoned him last year. The price will be 35/40m at least. Benezema maybe part of a swap deal. I'd also bid for Given if I were Alex.

I'd like now to see the young fellows get a chance up front. Kiko, Hernandez and tha old fella Owen with berba need to step up. Nani has improved also this year.
                Hell Utd ain't that far behind CHelski and only some huge errors recently have prevented them getting closer. At least we know now something has been on the players mind. No way UTD will get Torres (pity)

Don't be fooled by Fergies demeanour either, he is a canny Scot. He needs a midfielder or two. Glaziers weren't giving him the money so now he will get some.

Sad day though as Rooney is on his day a world beater. He has some mental Issues if he thinks going to City where the overrated barry and Millner are so called superstars will win him anything. Great Great player though :-(

MADRID
                Not so sure he'll go to Real Willie. He'll be hard pressed to break into that front 4. Ozil, Di Maria, Ronaldo and Higuain are really building up a great understanding and they have Kaka, Canales and Benzema as backup. Barca will take Torres and/or Llorente so can't see him going there. AC Milan might be a decent shout imo.

Comment

If Rooney goes to Real, Man United should make a serious play for Higuain. His president wants to get rid of him and just needs an excuse, the signing of a 'galactico' will likely provide sufficient cover to make the sale go through nicely and appease the fans.

Man United get to trade up and a younger player at that and probably make a profit, Real get another marketing boon. Winner winner all round, other than Real on the pitch but that's always been a secondary concern under Perez. Benzema has been absolute cack, and I mean complete and utter cack in Spain, I'd be skeptical that England will suit him any better.
                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

looking to swap 50 - 80e on boyles for ppp to play the lcs sats if anyone can sort me out?.. also in transfers thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                      If Rooney goes to Real, Man United should make a serious play for Higuain. His president wants to get rid of him and just needs an excuse, the signing of a 'galactico' will likely provide sufficient cover to make the sale go through nicely and appease the fans.
                      Really? Why? Seeing how he's scored a shitload of goals for them? And he has a contract til 2015 afaik.

Then again since when do Real do things the way they should be done? I.e sacking Del Bosque, selling Makalele etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuutroph View Post
                        Had to log on to find out what happened. texts galore at me training course, itching to get out. back in 10 minutes. .
                        IMO.
                        Rooney will definitely go to Real Madrid. Joses little comment that ALex will keep him is a smokescreen.. Ronaldo already beckoned him last year. The price will be 35/40m at least. Benezema maybe part of a swap deal. I'd also bid for Given if I were Alex.

I'd like now to see the young fellows get a chance up front. Kiko, Hernandez and tha old fella Owen with berba need to step up. Nani has improved also this year.
                        Hell Utd ain't that far behind CHelski and only some huge errors recently have prevented them getting closer. At least we know now something has been on the players mind. No way UTD will get Torres (pity)

Don't be fooled by Fergies demeanour either, he is a canny Scot. He needs a midfielder or two. Glaziers weren't giving him the money so now he will get some.

Sad day though as Rooney is on his day a world beater. He has some mental Issues if he thinks going to City where the overrated barry and Millner are so called superstars will win him anything. Great Great player though :-(

MADRID
                        United are on a downward trend accept it. Chelsea are only a couple of years behind you aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                          What's the pass level for one of these? 40%?
                          Do you mean pass mark? They never release the pass mark. It's a minimum passing score depending on how everybody else does. However, it's thought to be around 70%.

"The minimum passing score (MPS) for each level of the exam is determined by the CFA Institute Board of Governors each year after the administration of the exams. Neither the MPS nor individual candidate scores have ever been released. To set the MPS before the administration of the exams would require that an absolute standard be applied without regard to the difficulty of the exams; this could potentially be very unfair to candidates, especially across time.

The score matrix provided on the exam results is an indicator of overall performance and cannot be used to determine approximate scores or pass/fail status. The “<=50%” range is considered poor; “51%–70%” is considered poor to average; “>70%” is considered average to above average."

Comment

Lol at the lack of loyalty in soccerball - yet another reason why it's a joke of a sport

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post

Yes but on Xbox Live you can download full HD quality movies and stream media from your PC so this advantage is pretty irrelevant. MS see the future being digital downloads, not Blue-ray.
                              Lol this is Billy G propaganda at it's best. MS seen the future being HD-Dvds, not Blue-ray. Now that they got it majorly wrong they are saying its all about downloads.

Comment

He is basically just a spoilt little cunt if he walks out on the club and fans that have worshiped him for years now. What a wanker.
                                I would have thought that Everton fans said that a few years back

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  Lol at the lack of loyalty in soccerball - yet another reason why it's a joke of a sport
                                  the suckers fans are pretty loyal
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

the suckers fans are pretty loyal
                                    Soccer > Doom and Gloom > GAA

Comment

so where are you going?

Comment

Yep - that's what I was looking for alright, thanks.

Must see if I can get the books from my cousins and take a look...

Comment

hardly cutting-edge analysis!

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                            Really? Why? Seeing how he's scored a shitload of goals for them? And he has a contract til 2015 afaik.

Then again since when do Real do things the way they should be done? I.e sacking Del Bosque, selling Makalele etc etc.
                                            Well speculated Perez wants rid, with a boatload of evidence behind it. Essentially the same reasons he wanted rid of Sniejder, Van Der Vaat and Robben. A) They aren't 'galactico' and B) This is MUCH more important, they were signed by the previous administration. Perez has an ego like no other, and wants this to be HIS team. That Higuain was Real's top scorer in the league last season is a source of embarrassment for him. This was supposed to be his glorious new galactico era, fueled by the stars he signed, and yet it was Higuain who grabbed the headlines.

The Madrid media constantly swipe at him, including but not limited too a famous and hilarious article often mentioned by Sid Lowe last year, and Marca is essentially Perez voice in the media. Anyway said article last year was a front page story with a headline of "Operation Pachichi", the pachichi is the trophy given to the leagues top scorer. It was all about how Messi had say, 27 goals, and Ronaldo had 22 with x amount of games left, and how Real want to win the award and Ronaldo is capable of getting it.

All seems pretty standard, but it made no mention of the fact Ronaldo ranked 3rd on the top scorers list in Spain. Hilariously, 2nd was one Gonzalo Higuain, 2 goals behind Messi. This didn't even warrent a mention. If he could have gotten away with it, Perez would have sold him by now. Rooney signing being spun as dependent on Higuain going the other way would suit him nicely, and be some coup for Man United.
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I seem to be turning into a bit of a hate figure on the Soccer Forum these days - I guess I'm doing something right

Comment

It should give encouragement to the cfa takers that I just looked through the level 1 sample 20 questions and got over a third of them right with a policy of not guessing (1 in 3) if I didn't know which was the correct answer. The fact that I have zero interest and zero education in anything related to it suggests that there are a lot of soft questions in there somewhere.

I'm temped to arrange a massive prop bet that I can pass it with exactly one week of studying. The Lord so loved the world that he gave us multiple choice exams.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                  It should give encouragement to the cfa takers that I just looked through the level 1 sample 20 questions and got over a third of them right with a policy of not guessing (1 in 3) if I didn't know which was the correct answer. The fact that I have zero interest and zero education in anything related to it suggests that there are a lot of soft questions in there somewhere.

I'm temped to arrange a massive prop bet that I can pass it with exactly one week of studying. The Lord so loved the world that he gave us multiple choice exams.
                                                  the ethics questions should be nailed on certs for you

Comment

Same as every other professional team sport innit?

For a combinations of slightly bizarre reasons the GAA remained amateur. Do you honestly think if GAA took off bigtime in Italy tomorrow and Milan and Rome were offering Shefflin and Brogan 10K a week to play in the Italian GAA league that they wouldn't be on the first plane over?

Comment

Rooney to Inter imo.

Moratti said to the fans that he would get Messi for them (lol) but this could be a super alternative. Benitez would love him too.

Comment

Yup jammer is spot on!!

Higuain and a good box to boxer and united will be fine! Can only hope though.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

hardly cutting-edge analysis!
                                                          ha no, still feels very strange to be writing something where I repeatedly attack them though and talk of how fg is ready to lead.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

For a combinations of slightly bizarre reasons the GAA remained amateur. Do you honestly think if GAA took off bigtime in Italy tomorrow and Milan and Rome were offering Shefflin and Brogan 10K a week to play in the Italian GAA league that they wouldn't be on the first plane over?
                                                            Also, loyalty in GAA (club anyway) is practically forced. It is virtually impossible to move between clubs if they dont want you to go, unless you want to take a year out of the game

Comment

I seem to be turning into a bit of a hate figure on the Soccer Forum these days - I guess I'm doing something right

Comment

Uncharted 2 was the ps3 dealbreaker for me, such a sexy game.

Agree with Rasta re the Dreamcast, mine is still going strong, plus no copy protection so you can download every game for it burn it and play it on the console.
                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

You don't have to even make up leagues. Didn't Larry Thompkins and Shay Fahy switch to Cork, although that was because of work reasons

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                    Also, loyalty in GAA (club anyway) is practically forced. It is virtually impossible to move between clubs if they dont want you to go, unless you want to take a year out of the game
                                                                    Not too sure about that tbh. Fair enough it has happened this year with Fennell (?) in Dublin but there are loads of examples of it happening over the years.

Paul Curran made a big money family based move at one stage and I doubt his club wanted him to go.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                      You don't have to even make up leagues. Didn't Larry Thompkins and Shay Fahy switch to Cork, although that was because of work reasons
                                                                      Wicklows sponsor had a big job in Greystones so robbed two of Carlows players for Wicklow as they were on their books. Same thing really. GAA is a joke of an organization anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                        Uncharted 2 was the ps3 dealbreaker for me, such a sexy game.
                                                                        Someone bought this for me last xmas - is it worth opening and playing?

Is it much better than the first one which I did play?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the only thing it's good for anymore is annoying the droolers - not even through trolling, just through unflinching realism.

That shit is like kryptonite to United fans.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Chopper View Post
                                                                            Someone bought this for me last xmas - is it worth opening and playing?

Is it much better than the first one which I did play?
                                                                            Well i loved the first one as well so if you didnt like that its pretty much more of the same only much bigger and much better. Graphics are savage.

I dont think Higuain would do well for Utd tbh and defo dont think he would be a trade up on an in form Rooney.
                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

The actual test is much harder than the samples tbh. The samples gave me a false sense of security last year. Some of the multiple choice can be two parters and there's also least likely or most likely questions where two out of the three answers can seem pretty reasonable.

Example of a two parter:

Q.Does an offsetting forward contract with a party that is not the counterparty on the original forward contract eliminate price risk and credit risk in a forward contract?

Price Risk Counterparty Credit Risk
                                                                              A Yes Yes
                                                                              B Yes No
                                                                              C No Yes

So you could get half of the above right and get no marks whatsoever.

That would be an epic prop bet though. With no background I think 10/1 would be fair odds but seeing as it's you 5/1

Comment

B imo

Comment

I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that the only thing it's good for anymore is annoying the droolers - not even through trolling, just through unflinching realism.

That shit is like kryptonite to United fans.
                                                                                  It is only good for annoying the droolers. It is either cliquey twats or clueless idiots. Could count the good posters on one hand prob. Bring back SOTS for the comedy at least imo!

Comment

That King dude is an idiot. The Warper is the only person I hate on there and Xavi
                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                      That King dude is an idiot. The Warper is the only person I hate on there and Xavi
                                                                                      Yeah he's an awful tool alright.

I used to think Xavi was ok, but he's gradually becoming more and more smug the more soulless City become.

Comment

the ethics questions should be nailed on certs for you
                                                                                        Questions like these don't seem to require any specialised study in financial investment per se:

Under which measurement scale is data categorized, but not ranked?
                                                                                        A. An ordinal scale.
                                                                                        B. A nominal scale.
                                                                                        C. An interval scale.

The joint probability of events A and B is 32 percent with the probability of event A being 60 percent and the probability of event B being 50 percent. Based on this information, the conditional probability of event A given event B has occurred is closest to:
                                                                                        A. 30.0%.
                                                                                        B. 53.3%.
                                                                                        C. 64.0%.

If a firm’s long-run average cost of production increases by 15 percent as a result of an 8 percent increase in production the firm is most likely experiencing:
                                                                                        A. economies of scale.
                                                                                        B. diseconomies of scale.
                                                                                        C. constant returns to scale.

An equity analyst working for a growth oriented mutual fund has a tendency to misvalue the stocks of popular companies that she has previously recommended and the fund already owns. Her behavior is most likely consistent with which of the following biases?
                                                                                        A. Escalation bias
                                                                                        B. Prospect theory
                                                                                        C. Confirmation bias

I'm guessing that in not revealing what % you have to obtain in order to pass means that calculations in gaming the exam are thrown off because you cannot, for example, aim to get 100% in 75% of the exam and ignore the other modules.

edit: just saw Lurker's post that the samples aren't representative of the difficulty of the real test.
                                                                                        Last edited by hotspur; 19-10-10, 15:11.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                          God no, he knows everything about everything don't you know.

Comment

Yeah he's an awful tool alright.

I used to think Xavi was ok, but he's gradually becoming more and more smug the more soulless City become.
                                                                                            Come back and spin us a story wolfman, the thread is boring

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                              can i bring in my old xbox and got one of those 360s doohickeys?
                                                                                              Probably not, gamestop I know for a fact are not accepting trade ins on the majority of xbox consoles (the old crap ones obv.). They only want basically the special edition or elite models.

Comment

Questions like these don't seem to require any specialised study in financial investment per se:

Under which measurement scale is data categorized, but not ranked?
                                                                                                A. An ordinal scale.
                                                                                                B. A nominal scale.
                                                                                                C. An interval scale.

The joint probability of events A and B is 32 percent with the probability of event A being 60 percent and the probability of event B being 50 percent. Based on this information, the conditional probability of event A given event B has occurred is closest to:
                                                                                                A. 30.0%.
                                                                                                B. 53.3%.
                                                                                                C. 64.0%.

If a firm’s long-run average cost of production increases by 15 percent as a result of an 8 percent increase in production the firm is most likely experiencing:
                                                                                                A. economies of scale.
                                                                                                B. diseconomies of scale.
                                                                                                C. constant returns to scale.

An equity analyst working for a growth oriented mutual fund has a tendency to misvalue the stocks of popular companies that she has previously recommended and the fund already owns. Her behavior is most likely consistent with which of the following biases?
                                                                                                A. Escalation bias
                                                                                                B. Prospect theory
                                                                                                C. Confirmation bias

I'm guessing that in not revealing what % you have to obtain in order to pass means that calculations in gaming the exam are thrown off because you cannot, for example, aim to get 100% in 75% of the exam and ignore the other modules.

edit: just saw Lurker's post that the samples aren't representative of the difficulty of the real test.
                                                                                                yeah, I'd imagine that the statistical stuff is consistent with other disciplines (like psychology for instance)

economics is a social science so you'd probably be able to make reasoned guesses there too

stuff like corporate finance and financial analysis probably don't lend themselves to educated guessing though

Comment

Tune

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=burDvwQNEoc[/ame]
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I don't like Rooney, he plays for United, he was a fat sweaty head on him, he fucks grannies, etc, however I don't understand the hate for him.
                                                                                                    He has spent 6 of his best years at the club, he has another 6 or so solid years, so he has spent half his career there. Maybe he wants a new challenge.

OR maybe he is fed up with Alex Ferguson.
                                                                                                    Perhaps Ferguson being an abrasive strawberry faced cunt has come back to bite him on his cuntish strawberry face for a change.

Either way, good luck to him.

Also, watched an interview where he said he 'didn't know why the boy wanted to leave'.
                                                                                                    He is 24 years old, 24. He is not a boy you fucking twat.

I really hope United have the balls to tell City to Feck off and accept the 2nd best offer.
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Explain the rolleyes Lottie

Comment

B imo

Comment

The rolleyes is used to signify disagreement bordering on contempt with another poster's statement.

Comment

The rolleyes is used to signify disagreement bordering on contempt with another poster's statement.
                                                                                                            I would like to see if he will trawl out the Chelsea bought everyone thing though.

Comment

I'm going to print that out and stick it on my laptop

Comment

I figure that the primary reason you don't want him to go to City is because they are fast becoming your main rival for the title and you would prefer to see him go elsewhere (and for less than them, rather than it having much to do with nobility.

What Keane said.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                                  I figure that the primary reason you don't want him to go to City is because they are fast becoming your main rival for the title and you would prefer to see him go elsewhere (and for less than them, rather than it having much to do with nobility.

What Keane said.
                                                                                                                  Chelseas biggest rival is Chelsea

Comment

Ferguson is an unpleasant human being. Egotistical, over bearing, ignorant bully imo. Only blind loyalty to him is good enough. On the other hand Rooney has seriously lost it as a player since the start of the World Cup. He actually looks sick, which probably isn't a massive leap from constantly angry.

I feel sorry for him if he feels like he has looked and played over the past 6 months. It's not Pro Evo on the X-Box, he's a real person. I don't suppose any us will ever understand what people like him and the Britney Spearss of the world experience. Life can be tough enough without a billion people looking into your closet and under your bed imo.

Comment

Lol - right on cue to prove my point!

Comment

I feel sorry for him if he feels like he has looked and played over the past 6 months. It's not Pro Evo on the X-Box, he's a real person. I don't suppose any us will ever understand what people like him and the Britney Spearss of the world experience. Life can be tough enough without a billion people looking into your closet and under your bed imo.
                                                                                                                        hotspur, you're not talking to birds in a nightclub here

please revert to overwhelming cynicism tyvm

Comment

@ hotspur: You might get four or five like that per section but they'll usually add in a lot of two parters to make you think.

The worst part for me is the accounting as it's boring. For example, learning about the treatment of deferred tax liabilities and assets. Then having to know the difference between US GAAP treatment and IFRS treatment for both and be able to compare them.

Here's a good example of an ethics exam question (last one I promise ):

Quan Yang has terminated her professional relationship with Ten Peller Investments
                                                                                                                          (TPI) and has started her own hedge fund . Ms. Yang clearly served as an
                                                                                                                          independent contractor for TPI (working from her home) and had no agreement with
                                                                                                                          the firm with regard to solicitation of TPI clients or retention of client information.
                                                                                                                          After leaving TPI, Ms. Yang called several TPI clients using the contact information
                                                                                                                          sent to her by TPI and saved on her home computer. According to the Standards and
                                                                                                                          Practice, which of the following statements best summarized Ms. Yang’s duties to
                                                                                                                          TPI?

A. Since Ms. Yang was an independent contractor, not an employee, she is not
                                                                                                                          subject to the “Duties to Employers” section of the Standards of Practice.
                                                                                                                          B. Ms. Yang is subject to all of the provisions of the “Duties to Employers” but like
                                                                                                                          an employee is free to use the client contact information after leaving the firm.
                                                                                                                          C. Ms. Yang violated the standards by not erasing all client contact information from
                                                                                                                          her home computer when the relationship was terminated.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X