X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
    ship 2 packages to the IPB'ers
    wd, how many runners did it get?. is 2mrw the last sat?.

Comment

Sick skills.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CnOwGn3ik[/ame]

Comment

gonna buy some t-shirts online but I've confused myself, I normally buy large or maybe medium t-shirts, but just measured my chest at 36 or 37 inches, which is a small according to threadless.com anyway.

edit: just gambling on medium anyway
        Last edited by cardshark202; 18-10-10, 04:42.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
            Had a brutal Sunday in Stars Tourneys, then this hand came along to cheer me up. Check out my raise on river, leaving 50 cent behind to set up the perfect slowroll.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha, $0.50 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) ($46.25)
            UTG ($47.70)
            MP ($101.85)
            Button ($85.70)
            SB ($19.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 10, K, Q
            1 fold, MP bets $1.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($3.75) 10, 3, A (2 players)
            Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($3.75) A (2 players)
            Hero bets $2, MP calls $2

River: ($7.75) J (2 players)
            Hero bets $6, MP raises to $24, Hero raises to $42, MP raises to $60,
            Hero tanks for his full 30 second time bank ,
            Hero calls $0.50 (All-In)

Total pot: $92.75 | Rake: $2

Results:
            Hero had 10, 10, K, Q (royal flush).
            MP had A, Q, K, J (full house, Aces over Jacks).
            Outcome: Hero won $90.75

Doesnt come close to getting me out for the night and I personally couldnt care less about the fact i hit the royaller, just one of the most beautiful slowrolls i've ever done.
            So you're an asshole then....

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
              lol
              As I said yesterday elsewhere, a lot of the debate around Hodgson will be rendered irrelevant by his own incompetence. He seems set to persist with the current tactics and approach. So, when that has lost him into this mire, he will work it so that he loses his way to his P45. The new owners won't take too much idiocy, so he should be gone in a matter of weeks.

Of course, those out there who swore that downgrading from Benitez to Hodgson was good for the club will continue to say it was, but even they can't believe any of it at this stage as we enter a real live relegation battle. £10m to switch between the two? Now that's money well spent.
              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I believed Benitez time at the club had run its course, I still do. I also believed that Hodgson deserved a shot, that has proved to be wrong, but I can see him getting until xmas at any rate.

There are also those who stated that Lucas is actually a decent player and was just young. He is muck and I don't think he would get into any other premiership team. I realise he wasn't alone yesterday (Maxi should be dropped for a long time at this stage) but when you are playing in such a central role you need to be able to pass the ball 10 yards.

Comment

BTW anyone know how much it should cost to get a fuel filter replaced in a diesel car?
                  Ran out of fuel while driving yesterday (dont ask) and car would not restart after adding in about 10L of diesel.
                  sub 100 euro

Comment

I presume an IPB'er won the IPO?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

BTW anyone know how much it should cost to get a fuel filter replaced in a diesel car?
                      Ran out of fuel while driving yesterday (dont ask) and car would not restart after adding in about 10L of diesel.
                      Issue may not be fuel filter.

Older diesel cars may require the fuel lines be bled after running dry.
                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Can live players throw a bit of light on this for me as I thought it was a bit harsh.

At the IPO I just get moved to a new table (seat 8) and am sitting down and looking at TT at the same time so I ship for 10bb or whatever and get on with arranging my stuff, taking my coat off etc as its folded around. BB is a very chatty bloke and is deliberating with himself whether to call or not and eventually he doesn't so I push my cards over the line. Guy beside me grabs me and says hold on, SB (seat 2) has called but had his hands are covering the cards. Before the dealer touches them I grab my cards back and the guy flips out saying 'he mucked', and demanding to be shipped the pot without running the hand.
                        Is he right here? In any case I think its a bit mean spirited.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Angle shoot.

I'm never ruling them dead as they didn't reach the muck and are clearly identifiable as your cards.

Comment

sb is taking revenge for being bullied at school.

What was the outcome?

Comment

Can live players throw a bit of light on this for me as I thought it was a bit harsh.

At the IPO I just get moved to a new table (seat 8) and am sitting down and looking at TT at the same time so I ship for 10bb or whatever and get on with arranging my stuff, taking my coat off etc as its folded around. BB is a very chatty bloke and is deliberating with himself whether to call or not and eventually he doesn't so I push my cards over the line. Guy beside me grabs me and says hold on, SB (seat 2) has called but had his hands are covering the cards. Before the dealer touches them I grab my cards back and the guy flips out saying 'he mucked', and demanding to be shipped the pot without running the hand.
                              once it doesnt touch the muck I think your are ok

another quick one. If I call a player on the river and he insta mucks do I need to show my hand to take the pot?

Comment

Angleshoot by him imo. I thought so at the time, and still do now.

Comment

Defo a little fragile this morning, didn't go to bed until 7 raging I can't sleep
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

another quick one. If I call a player on the river and he insta mucks do I need to show my hand to take the pot?
                                    Technically yes. Ruling is usually no.

Comment

Cash game no, possibly in tournament if requested in case of chip dumping

Comment

Depends on rule in play at the tourn. I know if Killarney you didn't have to show but not sure what rule was being enforced at IPO.

Comment

@Bubbleking - injury question.

I strained my right achilles about 6 weeks ago and basically iced it and rested it since. Got back doing a bit of running but hadn't played any ball. When running both achilles were very stiff to start but would loosen up after a while and then be fine.

I had to play a match on sat as the team were stuck (wanted to wait another week or 2) and now my left achilles is in tatters. Could literally not walk up the stairs yesterday. I have dictac cream for it and its a small bit better today.

Any advice on what I could do to speed up recovery?

Thanks .

Comment

ah right because I asked the dealer did I have to show and he said no. I mucked and other player shouted "split pot" but gave it up after a couple of seconds of protesting

Comment

Just noticed the new thread name. I lol'd.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                @Bubbleking - injury question.

I strained my right achilles about 6 weeks ago and basically iced it and rested it since. Got back doing a bit of running but hadn't played any ball. When running both achilles were very stiff to start but would loosen up after a while and then be fine.

I had to play a match on sat as the team were stuck (wanted to wait another week or 2) and now my left achilles is in tatters. Could literally not walk up the stairs yesterday. I have dictac cream for it and its a small bit better today.

Any advice on what I could do to speed up recovery?

Thanks .
                                                cant say for sure without seeing it but it sounds a lot like achilles tendonitis. You can still do your usual icing, rest blah blah blah but you can also do eccentric calf raises. this is pretty much calf raises in reverse i.e. stand off the edge of a step and go on your toes. slowly lower your heels down as slowly as possible. rinse and repeat. Eccentric activity is the number one cure for tendonitis

you should also get some friction massage and ice the crap out of it too

Comment

The amount of angleshooting/slowrolling and general poor etiquette at the IPO over the weekend seems have been ridiculous. You don't get half as much at other tournaments with a similar buy-in

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
                                                    Eldest kid is 8 and is into the cartoon version of "Star Wars - Clone Wars" and all the Star Wars lego stuff. So I said I'd get the original Stars Wars movie for us to watch this afternoon in Xtra Vision.

Came home and stuck it on, the home screen said "Star Wars IV" - FFS, I said, wrong movie. Turns out it is the original. WTF? Then I google it and see that after the first trilogy they made 3 more but time wise, they predate the first lot.

Now I can't sleep wondering what else I missed since I got married
                                                    There is so much wrong with this post.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

ah right because I asked the dealer did I have to show and he said no. I mucked and other player shouted "split pot" but gave it up after a couple of seconds of protesting
                                                      Just on this...

Never release your cards until the dealer ships you the pot.

Comment

Surely you have to show your hand to claim the pot? I would have asked to see it. The whole tourney sounds like a farce btw.
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Hes hiding his cards and then looks to angle shoot the pot hes a prik whoever he is
                                                          if the dealer touched your cards they would be dead or if they hit the muck other loose cards
                                                          they didnt you retrieved them so are entitlled to play them
                                                          mean spirited is being very generous scum bag cheat gimp would be more appropriate Imo
                                                          i think he should have got a penalty for this bs

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                            sb is taking revenge for being bullied at school.

What was the outcome?
                                                            Ruling was my hand was live. Karma police were obv eating donuts at the time and allowed him to scoop with a rivered flush. fml.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                              Surely you have to show your hand to claim the pot? I would have asked to see it. The whole tourney sounds like a farce btw.

why should you have to show. It's the only hand still live, similar to an uncalled bet on the river.

If chip dumping was suspected you might be asked to show.

Comment

Ruling was my hand was live. Karma police were obv eating donuts at the time and allowed him to scoop with a rivered flush. fml.
                                                                LOL
                                                                Welcome to my world.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                  why should you have to show. It's the only hand still live, similar to an uncalled bet on the river.

If chip dumping was suspected you might be asked to show.
                                                                  Yup, as you said it’s to stop collusion so it should be enforced at each showdown

Comment

Were you one of the last onto the plane in Liverpool the other night?

Some craic had watching the girls trying to get their cases to fit into the Ryanair cage so that they didn't have to pay the £35 fee. Bags that were never going to fit where being squeezed in with arms, feet and whatever else came to hand, then they couldn't get them back out afterwards

Two lads had to help one woman, which gave the quote of the night "Jesus, it's like trying to get the sword out of the stone here"

Fairly surreal hour or so with all these lads sitting around a bar in Liverpool airport on their way home from football. 30/40 or so all glued to The X Factor on the big screen behind the bar, not what you'd expect on a football trip!
                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I'm sure all iPhone/ smart phone users can attest to this but I'm becoming increasingly dependent on mine, it's worrying, it's like a child, if I lost it I reckon I'd cry! I've literally everything it.

Currently reading "let there be range" by slowhabit while also reading the BBv, slow day here in allianz!

Also who remembers the days of proper drama, trippie and gholis massive dramabomb, those were the days! Bring them back IMO!
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post

Currently reading "let there be range" by slowhabit
                                                                        im pretty sure that book is one big level. if not he should hang his head in shame caus its terrible.

Comment

Read Slowhabit: Exploiting Regulars. Its better.

Comment

Also who remembers the days of proper drama, trippie and gholis massive dramabomb, those were the days! Bring them back IMO!
                                                                            Gholi is back, spotted in the SE on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                              Happy birthday 3O !!
                                                                              happy birthday

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                Were you one of the last onto the plane in Liverpool the other night?

Some craic had watching the girls trying to get their cases to fit into the Ryanair cage so that they didn't have to pay the £35 fee. Bags that were never going to fit where being squeezed in with arms, feet and whatever else came to hand, then they couldn't get them back out afterwards

Two lads had to help one woman, which gave the quote of the night "Jesus, it's like trying to get the sword out of the stone here"

Fairly surreal hour or so with all these lads sitting around a bar in Liverpool airport on their way home from football. 30/40 or so all glued to The X Factor on the big screen behind the bar, not what you'd expect on a football trip!
                                                                                lol yeah, that was the highlight of the trip...... That woman was running around like a headless chicken as she then left her wallet back at the desk and was trying to get the lads who direct the plane to help her go back and get it. I also felt the same when I sauntered into the bar to a scene of complete silence with everyone watching that shite.

Comment

That was the one that first sprung to mind with me when the old popcorn threads were mentioned anyway.
                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Hey Folks,

Quick Question:

My sister has given me her i-phone. I am currently a pay as you go customer with O2. I want to chage to bill pay getting one of those plans you get with the iphone like so many mins and texts and 1GB internet for €60.

Ideally I would like the 1GB internet and free texts to any network with free mins being the least desirable thing for me.

I have checked the website and this doesnt look possible. Should I change network? any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                      Hey Folks,

Quick Question:

My sister has given me her i-phone. I am currently a pay as you go customer with O2. I want to chage to bill pay getting one of those plans you get with the iphone like so many mins and texts and 1GB internet for €60.

Ideally I would like the 1GB internet and free texts to any network with free mins being the least desirable thing for me.

I have checked the website and this doesnt look possible. Should I change network? any suggestions?

Thanks
                                                                                      Go to Meteor if possible
                                                                                      €30 a month for 500 txts(with cabbage) 1g of internet and 200mins

Comment

The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.
                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 18-10-10, 10:26.
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                          lol yeah, that was the highlight of the trip...... That woman was running around like a headless chicken as she then left her wallet back at the desk and was trying to get the lads who direct the plane to help her go back and get it. I also felt the same when I sauntered into the bar to a scene of complete silence with everyone watching that shite.
                                                                                          I saw that alright, she left her case at the back stairs of the plane and went running back inside to get her purse then.

There were a few lads behind me in the queue (maybe 80-85% of people had already gone through but were standing waiting to be let out to the plane) who had Priority boarding tickets. Up they stroll at the last second and are told to join the queue where they are

Looks of incredulity follow obv as they realise they've each paid €5 to be the last onto the plane!!
                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Yeah and Liverpool airport is still a joke! Fancy new security desks but of course only two open and some ridic security getting a 1 year old to take off his shoes and full scan/body frisk etc
                                                                                            Last edited by RasTa; 18-10-10, 10:29.

Comment

im pretty sure that book is one big level. if not he should hang his head in shame caus its terrible.
                                                                                              Really? I've oh started, why do you say that?

Read Slowhabit: Exploiting Regulars. Its better.
                                                                                              Yeah have that too, but wanna get the basics down first which is let there be range!
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Hey Folks
                                                                                                never mind your shite

was that, or was that not, you in the paper at the weekend?

Comment

Really? I've oh started, why do you say that?
                                                                                                  !
                                                                                                  the main ethos of the book is

"lets raise any time the value range of the villain is rediculously small"

but what they fail to mention is that by doing that you become rediculously exploitable because your raising for value range is equally as small

e.g. on a K74 monotone flop they would advocate c/r a large % of the time.

Comment

I'm sure all iPhone/ smart phone users can attest to this but I'm becoming increasingly dependent on mine, it's worrying, it's like a child, if I lost it I reckon I'd cry! I've literally everything it.

Currently reading "let there be range" by slowhabit while also reading the BBv, slow day here in allianz!
                                                                                                    ahhh your the right man
                                                                                                    i spose you would do a fellow ipb'er a good deal in car insurance

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What time does the Monday night Omaha kick off tonight?
                                                                                                      Won a sat last night thinking it was for next week (don't ask)

Comment

the main ethos of the book is

"lets raise any time the value range of the villain is rediculously small"

but what they fail to mention is that by doing that you become rediculously exploitable because your raising for value range is equally as small

e.g. on a K74 monotone flop they would advocate c/r a large % of the time.
                                                                                                        I really dont think you understand it at all. Not being smart but the above comes across as clueless, did you even read it?

The main ethos of the book is not to be monkey aggro, it's to use a combination if variables to be aggro in the right spots but most importantly, in the right frequencies!

Comment

I hate the way monotone has crept in to replace monochrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                            That was the one that first sprung to mind with me when the old popcorn threads were mentioned anyway.
                                                                                                            Christ that was a memorable few days! Good ole Gordon, never fails to make an impression.

I wonder whatever happened to DaBear, I know he never actually posted but I wonder what became of him and his life!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              never mind your shite

was that, or was that not, you in the paper at the weekend?
                                                                                                              HAHA I was wondering if anyone would notice it allright!! Yeh that was me. Started with a journo mate ringing me asking would I "talk to a journo" on the subject. This spiraled into a photographer down in the house the next day!

Getting some stick about it but sure its a bit of craic!

Was on the website too!

Comment

I really dont think you understand it at all. Not being smart but the above comes across as clueless, did you even read it?

The main ethos of the book is not to be monkey aggro, it's to use a combination if variables to be aggro in the right spots but most importantly, in the right frequencies!
                                                                                                                no worries i need to move up levels obv

Comment

I hate the way monotone has crept in to replace monochrome.
                                                                                                                  monorail

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw[/ame]

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                    ahhh your the right man
                                                                                                                    i spose you would do a fellow ipb'er a good deal in car insurance
                                                                                                                    I'd love to but I won't lie, unless you fit a very specific set if metrics ( female, over 45, zero claims, full license, modest car, among others) then any price I give you will be sky rocket high!

Comment

HAHA I was wondering if anyone would notice it allright!! Yeh that was me. Started with a journo mate ringing me asking would I "talk to a journo" on the subject. This spiraled into a photographer down in the house the next day!

Was on the website too!
                                                                                                                      link?

Comment

Was on the website too!
                                                                                                                        I nearly shat myself with laughter I have to say

Mammys Boy

Comment

I was watching the television coverage of those poor people getting rescued and it was great to see the smiles back on their grubby little faces and the faint glimmer of hope in their otherwise impoverished and mudane lifes. then they went and got hammered by everton

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X