Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I worked in the States I remember a guy giving a description of a former work colleague as a light-skinned black dude and couldn't remember his name, nobody was offended by it.

In the same job there was a guy called Bob, a real unintentionally funny guy. A leftover from the 80's kind of dude, Italian American, he had a personalised plate for his 10 or 15 year old Chevy Camaro that had an I'm a stud ring about it but I can't remember exactly what it was. He was in his mid-thirties at the time and was still clubbing four nights a week, he combed his hair about twenty times an hour. He was a friendly guy though but one day he comes in and says to this other young black guy, 'nice hair Lance, you goin' for an Afro?'

Lance's icon was Malcolm X and he decided to make a big deal of this. The next thing we are all called in early for a meeting to discuss possible racist tensions. It was a real quiet meeting with just Lance who was pretty intelligent pw'ning Bob everytime he said something. The way it ended was great though, another black guy called Dexter just jumped up and said, 'Hey Lance, you cut you hair? What happened to that Afro you were growing?

Everybody clapped, Lance quit three weeks later.
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      What if he he's black with blond hair?

Pick the shit out of that.
      I'm pretty sure that's Wesley Snipes

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Enlighten us please.
      Phrases like African-american, and other formal names. They don't have a place in everyday speech imo.

I think it's a little silly when somebody refers to a black person as african-irish or some other nonsense. By inaccurate, not all people of black descent are african. Take Jamaicans for example.

Comment

Topic saving video (is it still a repost if it predated "the move"?)
        Skip to 3:00 in
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eFT4lJuCkQ[/ame]

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

imo, "Its the Black lad in accounts"

is no different from saying

"Its the Ginger lad in accounts"

There's nothing racist or prejudiced about it. You're describing someone.
            PC Brigade can fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

PC Brigade can fuck off.
              yup imo.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Top 20 best looking nations, as ranked by onepoll.com

1. America

2. Brazil

3. Spain

4. Australia

5. Italy

6. Sweden

7. England

8. India

9. France

10. Canada

11. Mexico

12. Portugal

13. Wales

14. Russia

15. Japan

16. Ireland

17. Argentina

18. Netherlands

19. Scotland

20. Germany

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1M5sWLBy8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww1M5sWLBy8[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Top 20 best looking nations, as ranked by onepoll.com

Total BS that we got 16th. We're a nation of mingers, but of charming mingers. We'll never get the girl by wandering into a bar with our tops off.

But give us a chance to talk, and we'll charm ya into cooking the fry the following morning too!

(also, I reckon that poll was clearly a case of "everyone vote for your country", anyway)

Comment

Comment

PC Brigade can fuck off.
                        Might depend on the context. "I have to fire someone...get me the black lad in accounts!"

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Might depend on the context. "I have to fire someone...get me the ginger lad in accounts!"
                          FYP for what an actual racist would do

Comment

The poor fuckers in accounts are always the ones to go first...

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                              FYP for what an actual racist would do
                              I just google image searched black ginger guy for a funny pic...I can't even begin to describe a couple of the pictures on the 1st page, but for God's sake don't do it with safe search off if you're in work.

Comment

Total BS that we got 16th. We're a nation of mingers, but of charming mingers. We'll never get the girl by wandering into a bar with our tops off.

But give us a chance to talk, and we'll charm ya into cooking the fry the following morning too!

(also, I reckon that poll was clearly a case of "everyone vote for your country", anyway)
                                Some are too charming for their own good and the girl will want to stay for good.
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                  Some are too charming for their own good and the girl will want to stay for good.
                                  sounds a bit ghey

Comment

Isildur1 vs Brian Townsend in 300/600 PLO.

Time for a comeback? I think Isildur1 should really stick to the NLHE, he's winning all his money there and then losing it and more back in Omaha...
                                    Last edited by Emmet; 18-02-10, 03:17. Reason: Hastings isn't playing, stupid sleep depravation

Comment

sounds a bit ghey
                                      lol.
                                      Am I must be mixing you up with someone else who posted recently after a one night stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                        lol.
                                        Am I must be mixing you up with someone else who posted recently after a one night stand?
                                        unfortunately not

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                          What has Rooney 'done' at international level that is REMOTELY comparable to Maradona and Pele in the name of god!? He hasn't been remotely close being the best player at a big international tournament. In fact by your own argument Rooney can't be compared to those players, but also by having a hint of common sense, not being incredibly biased, you could see he couldn't be.
                                          Did you see Euro 2004?? And that's twice you said "lesser". Jaysus.

Rooney can't be compared to the any of the greats at this stage. Way to early.

As for England in the WC, I think their squad this year is not as strong as more recent squads for big tournaments. Terry, Ferdinand, Gerrard, Lampard are all weaker than what they were 4 years ago. No quality strikers apart from the obvious and a goalkeeping problem..

Comment

Am i the only one that laughs everytime i see the poster Hornswaggle post.

Everytime i see it i think of elizabeth hornswaggle and chandler from friends in the episode where he is not allowed to make fun of everyone.

Comment

Northern Ireland is such a kip

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                Very true. But so is ROI in all fairness.

At least up north food, drink, clothes etc etc is so much cheaper.

I don't think there's one place down south you could have a good night out for 30quid.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                  Very true. But so is ROI in all fairness.

At least up north food, drink, clothes etc etc is so much cheaper.

I don't think there's one place down south you could have a good night out for 30quid.
                                                  Hmmm, you took the bait but passed I think.

EDIT - Still undecided.

EDIT - decided
                                                  Last edited by CHDad; 18-02-10, 03:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Ask pele if you don't believe me.
                                                    Pele has proclaimed loads of players to be great, that were far from it. He seems a bit dim to me to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                      I've just noticed that I'm massively addicted to exclamation marks. Aim for the next while is to refrain for the next 100 posts. I think there is pretty much no way I can do it though
                                                      I suffer from this very same affliction! I scan every post or email I write and remove about half of them.

Comment

A friend of mine was in Derry at the weekend for a wedding and she was telling me how behind the times the place is - her husband was wearing shades walking 200 metres from the hotel to a bar and 1st a guy in a car goes "Look at your man wearing SHADES!! In Derry!", then about 20 seconds later they pass 2 girls going "Jesus look at your man, he's wearing shades!"

She compared to it Ireland in the 80s when you weren't allowed to be different. Where different = wearing shades apparently.

Also nobody from Ireland would ever write ROI imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                          Pele has proclaimed loads of players to be great, that were far from it. He seems a bit dim to me to be honest.
                                                          He is very dim. Most former professionals are.

Comment

I cant watch any more of the Isildur1/Townsend match.

They are both sitting with ~1mill spread across 4 tables each. Some of the play has gone so far over my head that I have no idea what to think. Isildur1 calling AI with top pair no kicker no draw and being good vs Townsend and likewise.

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

And it looks like Isildur is steaming bad at the moment, he had all the cash a while ago, but has had a circa 200k swing in about 12 minutes.
                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 18-02-10, 03:17. Reason: I'm a sleepy retard, Hastings isn't playing

Comment

AC transit fight continues

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5fnjFVPCek[/ame]

Comment

That old dude is crazy.

Comment

Seriously WTF is the story with youtube comments??

Here's what was on that woman's channel comments just now;

herschelhater (1 second ago)
                                                                  Fix dem teef up ho yous a ho you some kinda fat dyke u fat gay gayfat

herschelhater (33 seconds ago)
                                                                  Shit's gayfat ho

Thanatos4655 (48 seconds ago)
                                                                  racist bitch

mogwais (1 minute ago)
                                                                  hahahaha

herschelhater (1 minute ago)
                                                                  Sheeit, whatchu knowin bout dat sorry shit? Mo like Gaylo 3!

gnnnjh (1 minute ago)
                                                                  racist nigger fat pig bitch

dagrak (2 minutes ago)
                                                                  You far surpass the dumbest person I've ever seen.

colongil (2 minutes ago)
                                                                  FAT NIGGER COCKSUCKING THIEF

MrJfenton (3 minutes ago)
                                                                  Give man back his groceries, he is marine and served his country well, he deserves better than to be attacked and robbed by human trash.

colongil (3 minutes ago)
                                                                  RACIST NIGGER
                                                                  Seriously 4chan has nothing on youtube!!!

Comment

In the first video, she was seen taking the old guys bog, and got a bit of abuse over it. In the second, she is shouting some abuse at the old guy.
                                                                    She would of been left alone if she didn't make an "apology video" that went something like;

"This is a public apology,
                                                                    I did nothing wrong,
                                                                    Don't shoot the messenger,
                                                                    I'm actually the victim
                                                                    Thanks"

Apology Fail imo

Comment

Shaun White is some snowboarder

Comment

That chatroulette thing is quite something...

Missed the reaction on their face when I typed that,
                                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 18-02-10, 05:19.

Comment

Daily update.

fiorentina were raped i hear, was it as bad as the reports made out to be?

getting lost in texas with no phone or gps is not fun at all

bought some chocolate, razor blades and 400 .40 bullets in walmart today. standard enough selection it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                            bought some chocolate, razor blades and 400 .40 bullets in walmart today. standard enough selection it seems.
                                                                            God bless Walmart.
                                                                            Obviously have to do the stereotypical beer cans on a fence shoot off

Comment

Treat yourself to some of these:

They're amazing. Can you ship a container my way?

Comment

Shaun White is some snowboarder
                                                                                Unreal performance alright, second run was outrageous. Pretty sick I had the Finnished who finished second at 44/1. woulda been nice scooop.

As for Pele, no doubt in his football skills but never thought he's came across the smartest alright

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                  Unreal performance alright, second run was outrageous. Pretty sick I had the Finnished who finished second at 44/1. woulda been nice scooop.

As for Pele, no doubt in his football skills but never thought he's came across the smartest alright
                                                                                  To do that 2nd run when he knew he had it wrapped up and prob wanted to burst was amazing. Sick talent he has.

Comment

The things I've learned from the all knowing BBV (LOL)

Pele knows more or less nothing about football due to extremem dimness.(in contrast to the geniuses on here)
                                                                                    Mother Teresea was an evil bitch
                                                                                    HR departments should not be so involved in the selection of the right candidate for a job.
                                                                                    To talk about soccer is akin to being a taxi driver , whereas to talk about Music, Poker hands, bad beats, Politics, Gaa, horse racing, etc etc etc is not

I couldn't think of anything to give up for Lent (last year it was guinness) so I guess the BBV would be a good one.
                                                                                    The other half is giving up Farmville (thank fcuk for that)

Happy Easter to all.

Comment

Pele is dumb. He rated El Hadj Diouf as one of the best and says similar stupid things.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        it's a side effect of Viagra
                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

this Willie O'Dea thing is fantastic entertainment

cliff notes:

Minister says rival Limerick politico is a brothel-keeper (on the record, into a tape recorder )

Then denies he said it in Court = perjury imo

Journo releases tape, O'Dea does swift back-flip, apologises and pays all costs + undisclosed damages

Opposition go nuts. Greens forced into defending O'Dea. Ryan publically humiliated in the Dail yesterday. Lunatic Gogarty makes about as much sense as Eddie Durkin on Newstalk this morning.

Eagerly awaiting the next chapter. We may have to replace LOL Cork people with LOL Limerick people.

Comment

Pele is dumb. He rated El Hadj Diouf as one of the best and says similar stupid things.
                                                                                            He also said Nicky Butt was the best player at the 2002 World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Blured View Post
                                                                                              He also said Nicky Butt was the best player at the 2002 World Cup

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...icky-Butt.html
                                                                                              he's Brazilian, they're all obsessed by butts

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      Cowen really is a dumb f*ck. He has been told by just about everyone outside of his cosy cartel to get rid of Coughlan since nearly the beginning of her being appointed. Surely this would be a great opportunity to give her the heave-ho. Instead he decides to back her against the 300 people who need jobs.
                                                                                                      you seriously think he listens to anyone outside of FF?

Lenihan must be highly unimpressed that all his work is being cancelled out by these fools
                                                                                                      let's remind ourselves of Lenihan's 'work':

Comment

may have to?!

I love that photo, it's almost as good as this one

Comment

...

Comment

* Please note that for the purpose of this particular exercise that beer-soaked beermats with mysterious ramblings and indeciperable symbols will NOT be considered an acceptable source.
                                                                                                            what!

next thing you'll be telling me that taxi drivers are an unreliable source of information...

the numbers are 'NAMAized', which means that the sneaky SPV nature of that particular beast is included plus further recaps

then the rest is simply deficit funding (those numbers come from the NTMA), there's a whole thread on thepropertypin about it, I'll dig it out later. EDIT: here it is
                                                                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 18-02-10, 10:42.

Comment

messi = ronaldo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rooney imo

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                Mr Pillow, as a man of the service industry do you know any bars looking for staff at the moment. I think I may kill the girlfriend if she doesn't get a job soon. Cabin fever is setting in and she's wrecking my head!
                                                                                                                My daughter dropped a cv into Crawdaddy and got a start there with them looking for her to do more hours than she wants to.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

further research on the National Debt throws up this article from the Indo last month

Now if you read through that, it says the ND will be €150bn at the end of 2014.

Two problems: it doesn't include the NAMA bonds. We're on the hook for those so they should definitely be included in any definitive calculation of overall debt. There's currently a bunfight in train with Eurostat over this.

The forecasts for debt increase in those years are fantastically optimistic as follows: "€18.75bn will be added to the national debt this year, €18bn in 2011, €14.75bn in 2012, €12.5bn in 2013 and €9.25bn in 2014"

18.75bn this year?

the deficit is going to be at least 25bn this year plus whatever we incincerate by giving to Anglo (we might be able to keep the other recaps off balance sheet by going through the NPRF, cleaning that out entirely). That's a huge difference in Year 1, how badly out are their forecasts for the following years? They might as well have asked a monkey to throw darts at a board.

Comment

...

Comment

Lol live poker.

Go in to play with a friend, Voodoo only has a 1/2 game playing.

Outside my limits, but fuck it, I'm there.

Buy in for 50bbs, he gets 100.

first hand, muck
                                                                                                                      Second hand AA UTG+1

raise to 7, 2 callers.

Bet 16 on a Q 10 4 flop

MP raises to 53, I ship.

He turns over AJo. Turn river bricks. Nice double up.

5th hand, friend raises UTG, flops two pair. Same villain has flopped TPTK. Money goes in on a 4 turn, giving villain the nut flush draw. River a 4 to counterfeit the two pair.
                                                                                                                      Friend (driver) says "time to go"

Cliff notes.
                                                                                                                      We got dealt 5 hands
                                                                                                                      I doubled up
                                                                                                                      He busted

Live poker is rigged obv
                                                                                                                      He sounds like a right cnut.

Does he post on here? I've been wondering if he is.
                                                                                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                        I don't know what psychometric tests most companies use, but the best psychological personality tests have built in ways to catch people who are faking good.
                                                                                                                        Oooohh you're such a tease.
                                                                                                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Anyone want to try to explain or defend this nonsense where restaurants charge 12.5% extra for groups of 5 or more ?

Last night 6 of went into FXB's and were seated together when we noticed this bollix We were 50 50 on whether to get up tell them to shove it and go to Tante Zoes next door - we have done that before in another place with that moronic fee - But when the Waitress came around I said that we are two tables a 2 and a 4. So she makes some smart remark that I didn't catch, pulls the tables apart takes an order from the 2 and announces that she'll get back to the rest of us when she can. There was absolutely no doubt in my mind that we were being punished here. Nothing much else happening in the restaurant more than 5 minutes then I grab the manager as he's going by and have to ask him to take the rest of the order.
                                                                                                                          Food came with growing gaps between the tables which was was not really a problem for us and well worth the €25 saving on a €200 bill.
                                                                                                                          The food was OK, nothing special and despite us being punished the service was in all other respects quite good.
                                                                                                                          I am certain that by breaking it into two orders and not paying the 12.5% we were making far more work and hassle for the staff.
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X