This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    Yeah I'm defo gonna lag it up this year. Last year was a joke. Spent 10 hours hovering between 8k and 14k and wanted to go on a penguin punching rampage when I finally got knocked out.

If Mr. TommyGunne is reading, are you playing and if so is it tomorrow. I know zero people going this year. Might drop over and say hello @ the update desk.
    I kinda was feeling left out that I wasn't playing this weekend but then this post reminded me of how much i hate donkaments when I'm actually there!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
      Ah yeah, you were eyeing up the food though so was excusable, its grand for me as I can get the Ste part in

Altho some lad I haven't seen round in ages at tourns had taken to calling me The Ghost which i rather liked! Might change the IPB name to that
      The Ghost? You are in every pot, hardly invisible .

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
        The Ghost? You are in every pot, hardly invisible .
        hush up there Carl Every 2nd or 3rd will do this weekend (i am a rock really )

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
          fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
            Saw the Doobies in the RDS years ago, very disappointing gig. I'm blamed it on the venue
            Is Michael McDonald still with them or gone?

Comment

Quick question for ye. Im only a late entry in the IPO tourney due to other plans being changed, so where should I look for a hotel room thats not too far from the regency? Anybody know any hotels within a mile or 2?

Connie

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                Quick question for ye. Im only a late entry in the IPO tourney due to other plans being changed, so where should I look for a hotel room thats not too far from the regency? Anybody know any hotels within a mile or 2?

Connie
                http://dublin.city-centre-hotels.com...tel/index.html is the closest I can think of.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Connie
                    get a room

Comment

Connie
                      The Skylon is just across the road and down towards town a wee bit.
                      Easily walkable but look both ways and wait for the green man.

Comment

Getting tired of these "Redundancy Fridays" this is the 3rd occasion this year and it does not get easier, starting to feel like this guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          Didn't realise those stock analyst reports were so long. Just got a 72 page one on Paddy Power from Davys. That's a feck load of analysis!
                          Just read the executive summary imo.....
                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Comment

You mean you are having to let people go?
                              Yeah had to let one of my managers go and place an admin person on short time. God help the Logistics industry if/when D/Stores go to centralised deliveries!!

Comment

Only realised today Full Tilt had switched to contributed rake, sucks fucking balls.
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                  Only realised today Full Tilt had switched to contributed rake, sucks fucking balls.
                                  nit

Comment

What does that mean?

Comment

Watched the Bride of Frankenstein (1935) last night on BBC 4. I wasn't expecting much but I really enjoyed it and would recommend it. It was nice to see a film that didn't rely on special effects to keep the audience interested.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                        What does that mean?
                                        it means all the bots will play elsewhere.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          nit
                                          Haha, id say it screws over 80% + of people playing Rush though in fairness.
                                          And i was all happy with playing 4.5k hands yesterday and everything.

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                          What does that mean?
                                          It means unless you play about 32/30 you will be getting less rakeback every month from now on.

You have to contribute money to the pot now to get a share of the rakeback in the hand when previously you only had to be dealt cards in the hand to get a share of it.
                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Comment

Much worse than that... it's weighted contributed (as opposed to average contributed).

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Been trying out Barbar beer recently when back in Dublin. You can get it from McHughs Off-licence (think that's the name) in Ranelagh. Phenomenal stuff, although you can't drink too much as it's an 8% brew. Well worth trying out for anyone in the area.
                                                OMG best beer ever. Can't believe they have it here now. tytyty.

Comment

One of the lads out here Jay Ralph wants to know does anybody have $400 on boyles for $400 on from stars?

PM if you can help.
                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

something a bit different from the run o' mill

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jywa9oK3ytU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuxKgu3Fx3o[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                      Much worse than that... it's weighted contributed (as opposed to average contributed).

Yup, im hating life today after reading this shit.
                                                      Only checked my rakeback site this morning and it was a lot less than i expected.

Comment

Only checked my rakeback site this morning and it was a lot less than i expected.
                                                        I was never getting huge rb payments anyway so it's not going to massively affect me. One of my rb providers sent me an email a while back suggesting some other sites (cake) using a) the dealt methed and b) offering 33% rb. But rush poker makes it far easier to put in the volume I want.

Comment

VPIP/PFR out of interest?

Comment

Comment

I was never getting huge rb payments anyway so it's not going to massively affect me. One of my rb providers sent me an email a while back suggesting some other sites (cake) using a) the dealt methed and b) offering 33% rb. But rush poker makes it far easier to put in the volume I want.
                                                              Yeah im the same, i only play Rush on Full Tilt, use other sites for 6max.

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                              Only play Rush Full Ring so 14/11.

Comment

Ah excellent!

Think myself and the gf are in danger of becoming the typical yuppie couple. We get our beers from McHughs, meat and veg from the farmer's market in Ranelagh, cheese from Sheridans cheesemongers, ground coffee from 3fe, etc etc.

/ also lol at the name 'cheesemongers'
                                                                Sorry to break it you but you are now well out of the danger zone that is pure yuppie

Comment

Ah excellent!

Think myself and the gf are in danger of becoming the typical yuppie couple. We get our beers from McHughs, meat and veg from the farmer's market in Ranelagh, cheese from Sheridans cheesemongers, ground coffee from 3fe, etc etc.

/ also lol at the name 'cheesemongers'
                                                                  No wonder you have no money.

Comment

Been trying out Barbar beer recently when back in Dublin. You can get it from McHughs Off-licence (think that's the name) in Ranelagh. Phenomenal stuff, although you can't drink too much as it's an 8% brew. Well worth trying out for anyone in the area.
                                                                    How much would a bottle of that set a gentlman back?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          One of the lads out here Jay Ralph wants to know does anybody have $400 on boyles for $400 on from stars?

PM if you can help.
                                                                          I can do $215, transfer limit is stuck there, can do another $175 tomorrow if thats any use.

Comment

Think it's 3.09 euro. Obv a lot, but less than a pint in a pub and you'd only drink maybe two of them in a night.
                                                                            Then switch to the harder stuff?

Comment

Think it's 3.09 euro. Obv a lot, but less than a pint in a pub and you'd only drink maybe two of them in a night.
                                                                              for a 330ml bottle?
                                                                              Flip top bottles of Grolsch were 1 euro a pop a while back.

You are gonna get raped on this investment game
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've seen that stuff used as part of a cocktail in a pub in Munich. They called it a Barbar Streisand!
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Wow thats pricey enough. Thought it would be in line with Duvel pricing. In Belgium its about 2.30 for one in a pub

True yuppies would buy coffee beans and own a grinder. Ground coffee is muck ffs!

Comment

can any one give me a number for Dave Masters please?

have an old number for him which says it's out of service.

Comment

...
                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-10-10, 13:54.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                        I wonder what buyin rule this guy uses.

Move the fuck up for fuck's sake!
                                                                                        Played a bit with him at 20nl
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Only drink two? Wat.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                            Played a bit with him at 20nl
                                                                                            Yup, that's all he plays! 1.5million hands of 20nl with a 2.3bb winrate.

Disgusting really

Bot?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              Only drink two? Wat.
                                                                                              He means for breakfast obv

Comment

3fe on Abbey Street grind the coffee for you when you buy the beans. The guy in there also came fourth in the world barrista championship! (a competition I was previously unaware of admittedly, but when you go in there you'll notice the difference between a regular coffee shop and the place that he runs)
                                                                                                I was one of the first Baristas trained in Ireland! I won the Bewley's championship one year and got a gift basket. The prize next year was a trip to Rome. FML. I had heard about his coffee but it was disappointing the two times I was in there, though admittedly it was his minions at the helm.
                                                                                                The quality of coffee starts to decline as soon as its ground and you're only meant to grind the quantity you're going to use at a time. We were told to dump anything that had been ground more than 30 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                  Yup, that's all he plays! 1.5million hands of 20nl with a 2.3bb winrate.

Disgusting really

Bot?
                                                                                                  Wouldnt think so 20/15 with a 5.8 3 bet is his stats.

Lets say he is from some eastern european country his win rate equates to €11.72 an hour assuming that he has 60% rb and wins at this rate.

I guess its possible this is his full time job i admit its still strange to never try moving up but who knows what goes on in peoples heads.
                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

...
                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 15-10-10, 14:12.

Comment

I don't usually have the HUD up playing rush but it's somewhere around 10/8

Comment

Anyone know whats the story with letting agents? I've called 4 separate agents about viewing apartments and just get told they'll call me back but never do. I thought they were trying to fill these apartments? I dont sound like a pedo or arsonist over the phone either fwiw

Comment

I don't usually have the HUD up playing rush but it's somewhere around 10/8
                                                                                                          thats sick nitty.

Comment

Cant imagine anyhing more boring than playing 10/8. Is that optimal for rush or do you get some 30/28s or 22/20s winning?

Comment

Cant imagine anyhing more boring than playing 10/8. Is that optimal for rush or do you get some 30/28s or 22/20s winning?
                                                                                                              Oh it's probably just me. It's far too tight really.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah had to let one of my managers go and place an admin person on short time. God help the Logistics industry if/when D/Stores go to centralised deliveries!!
                                                                                                                Jacky who do you work for in the logistics industry always meant to ask you near got around to it, pm me if wanted!

Comment

lol i hate poker over 50k hands and im down 100 buy-ins i hate this fuckin game! going to put a thread up in the theroy section would love some advice thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Plough View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyone know whats the story with letting agents? I've called 4 separate agents about viewing apartments and just get told they'll call me back but never do. I thought they were trying to fill these apartments? I dont sound like a pedo or arsonist over the phone either fwiw
                                                                                                                    Letting agent forms look like this:

Paedophile [ ]

Arsonist [ ]

Degenerate poker player [ ]

Normal [ ]

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                      thats sick nitty.
                                                                                                                      Its common enough at Rush Full Ring though, i have guys playing 6/3 over 3k+ sample sizes.

Nobody plays that loose at FR anyway, hardly anyone has a vpip of over 18 id say.

Comment

stronly worded email on its way to vodafone

internet provider is next on my hit list

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LACshMapSKo[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X