This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    btw my response to couriercollie was meant as a joke!
    I know, as was mine to you

Seriously don't care if some lad touches me up on the leg providing there's a good cultural reason for it, and not in any way bothered by it.
    I hear ya,
    has it happened a lot?
    just you?
    flinch slightly the next time he does it and see what happens

Personally (and moving a bit away from the point of your post), I think we should talk a lot more about sexual stuff as it is a driving force in how we live our lives. Every day I think waaayyy more about some girl I've seen that day who I'd like to fck than anything to do with life advancement.
    Heard somewhere that apparently men think about sex every six seconds
    Last edited by Guest; 14-10-10, 22:41. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
      long crazy person rant turned up on after hours and was deleted fairly wuickly which claims the lotto is a scam. might be of interest to certain posters!
      SPOILER

spoilered as its quite long
      I am a little surprised there is no regulatory information on the website. Look at any gambling company and they will have reglatory details on their pages...

Comment

Where did he pluck the 1.3 million figure from? Seems very big!
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
          Jesus, On deadly ground is some shite film

please tell me it has a kick ass ending
          were are not dealing with a student here we are dealing with a professor
          [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq4dhgD07qo"]so bad its good, so good its bad[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
            Where did he pluck the 1.3 million figure from? Seems very big!
            seems very big, i used to work in a shop a couple of years ago and the same people would come in buy same things etc, so you knew who the lotto people wer, the only time other random customers got the lotto was when it was big,

i'd guess the people who do the lotto week in week out to <500,000

i can't think of one of my friends who do the lotto regularly and i'm guessing most 18-30 don't
            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

for those who like old B&W films

Old school horror double bill just starting on BBC 4

I Walked with a Zombie

Supposed to be more a mystery than a horror

Bride of Frankenstein*****

haven't seen bride in years but seen as a classic

Comment

Ipo help

Hey lads, kinda forgot about the IPO there this year. Logged into boyles there to see day1a is finished(obv not but reg closed) and day 1b also not able to reg for...
                Was gonna get 5am train up from cork and have a mad laugh on the beer at hotel . Is there any way of this happening?
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                  seems very big, i used to work in a shop a couple of years ago and the same people would come in buy same things etc, so you knew who the lotto people wer, the only time other random customers got the lotto was when it was big,

i'd guess the people who do the lotto week in week out to <500,000

i can't think of one of my friends who do the lotto regularly and i'm guessing most 18-30 don't
                  18 - 35 years old should be your prime doing the lotto years dude.
                  It is the most +ev as you will on average have more time to enjoy the spoils of victory than if you win it when you are old.

People who are 60 years+ that do the lotto are lolbad and I frequently lol in their general direction, they should have their pensions stopped unless they really know what they are doing, but none do in my experience.
                  They spurn their lotto number choices based on birth dates and anniversaries and then spunk the rest of their cash on Werther's, ox-tail soup, corned beef and tissues.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

The Wire (end of season 3)

SPOILER
                    Stringer just got killed my Omar and Brother Muzzone

He was one of my favourite characters Fuck Avon

Crikey I wonder what way this will play out now...

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                      Hey lads, kinda forgot about the IPO there this year. Logged into boyles there to see day1a is finished(obv not but reg closed) and day 1b also not able to reg for...
                      Was gonna get 5am train up from cork and have a mad laugh on the beer at hotel . Is there any way of this happening?
                      lol this is nearly worse than all those posts of "can i pay on the day????" PM Ciaran Colbert he might be able to do something for you but you will prob have to play tomorrow friday as saturday has been full for over 2 weeks now!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                        lol this is nearly worse than all those posts of "can i pay on the day????" PM Ciaran Colbert he might be able to do something for you but you will prob have to play tomorrow friday as saturday has been full for over 2 weeks now!
                        I knew I couldn't pay on the day is why I didn't ask
                        Figured I'd have to pm Ciaran alrite, was hoping he'd be on msn but alas so posted here
                        cheers anyway
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                            The Wire (end of season 3)

SPOILER
                            Stringer just got killed my Omar and Brother Muzzone

He was one of my favourite characters Fuck Avon

Crikey I wonder what way this will play out now...
                            Enjoy every ounce of that show man, it just gives and gives

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                              18 - 35 years old should be your prime doing the lotto years dude.
                              It is the most +ev as you will on average have more time to enjoy the spoils of victory than if you win it when you are old.

People who are 60 years+ that do the lotto are lolbad and I frequently lol in their general direction, they should have their pensions stopped unless they really know what they are doing, but none do in my experience.
                              They spurn their lotto number choices based on birth dates and anniversaries and then spunk the rest of their cash on Werther's, ox-tail soup, corned beef and tissues.
                              i agree it is more plus ev to play the lotto young, but the lotto is grossly minus ev and the only way i'd every do it would be at 8draws at a time and at a simple level of a 4euro lotto is 32euro every month, 384euro a year if i was to play from 18-65 = 18048euro and that doesn't even include the euro millions, monday million or the inevitable scratch card addiction you wil get from the rebates of your lotto

i'll wait for the if you win once you get millions!
                              http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

i agree it is more plus ev to play the lotto young, but the lotto is grossly minus ev and the only way i'd every do it would be at 8draws at a time and at a simple level of a 4euro lotto is 32euro every month, 384euro a year if i was to play from 18-65 = 18048euro and that doesn't even include the euro millions, monday million or the inevitable scratch card addiction you wil get from the rebates of your lotto

You're doing it wrong

Comment

You're wasting your life pal.

Comment

Originally posted by drjff View Post

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
                                    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
                                    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
                                    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
                                    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
                                    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
                                    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
                                    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
                                    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
                                    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
                                    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
                                    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
                                    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
                                    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
                                    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
                                    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
                                    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
                                    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
                                    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
                                    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
                                    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
                                    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Comment

The Lotto always provides wacky theories.

WP Lotto.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

It will not happen again.

Comment

Comment

Wasted 73 mins of my life watching Jonah Hex, i advise none of you do similar.
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Comment

Comment

What toppings?

Comment

Comment

Glad you asked! It's a good old-fashioned pepperoni
                                                        Good stuff, only ten minutes til it is ready. 600 seconds. 600,000 milliseconds.

Comment

Buying a new mobile phone when you are clueless is very confusing and arduous.
                                                          Maybe I'll just keep the old one till one of us dies.

Comment

Buying a new mobile phone when you are clueless is very confusing and arduous.
                                                            Maybe I'll just keep the old one till one of us dies.
                                                            Hi, I'm CHD.

What model are you interested in?

How old is your current phone?

Comment

Just take my bank account details plz.

I'm currently running one of these bad boys:

a Nokia 6600. What about you CHD?

SPOILER

It was sent to me from Finland as a promotion on a poker site I sued at the time, think it was 2006, lol.
                                                              I wasn't even thinking of changing it but have gotten a 50e voucher from vodafone due to their 'vodafone cheer promo'.
                                                              But 50e doesn't go a long way considering their phones seem over somewhat over priced anyhow.

Actually, I never could fuck all to work with it (such as picture messaging) because it was sent from Finland. I tried years ago with customer service to no avail.

So I've never even been able to upload photos from it to my computer or anything.
                                                              Do you typically give you a cable to transfer between your phone and computer or do you have to buy one?

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-10-10, 05:07.

Comment

Gis 200 and I will buy you the bestest phone everz

That 200 can buy.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  Gis 200 and I will buy you the bestest phone everz

That 200 can buy.

Comment

Get a android. They are literally top, top phones and could do a job for you as Jamie Redknapp would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                      long crazy person rant turned up on after hours and was deleted fairly wuickly which claims the lotto is a scam. might be of interest to certain posters!
                                                                      I can confirm that he is both a scam and a fraud.
                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Just take my bank account details plz.

I'm currently running one of these bad boys:

a Nokia 6600. What about you CHD?

SPOILER

It was sent to me from Finland as a promotion on a poker site I sued at the time, think it was 2006, lol.
                                                                        I wasn't even thinking of changing it but have gotten a 50e voucher from vodafone due to their 'vodafone cheer promo'.
                                                                        But 50e doesn't go a long way considering their phones seem over somewhat over priced anyhow.

Actually, I never could fuck all to work with it (such as picture messaging) because it was sent from Finland. I tried years ago with customer service to no avail.

So I've never even been able to upload photos from it to my computer or anything.
                                                                        Do you typically give you a cable to transfer between your phone and computer or do you have to buy one?

wtf is that. LG GT540 its named like a robot and does things a robot can do.

SPOILER

You get a usb, crappy memory card and earphones with phones these days.

Comment

SPOILER

Just make sure you get the retro phone handset for guaranteed hijinks.

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER

Is that what you have?

Comment

Is that what you have?
                                                                              Yeah, was only 129 with meteor which seemed pretty good. Wasn't even looking to buy a phone but all the cool kids have them these days so had to get one.

Comment

What's your #?

Comment

555 - 568843789

Comment

Pick up

Comment

Hello?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ILDFp5DGA[/ame]

I should go to bed, wish I were tired.

Comment

I bought an LG touchscreen fone thing last week.

SPOILER
                                                                                          it sucks massive donkey balls

Comment

Is that an app?

Comment

it's friday, I have 50 mins left of work.

It's only me and the new guy left in the office, we both know that there's nothing to do, but neither of us can call it a day,
                                                                                              Him, cos he's the new guy.

Me cos I reckon the new guy will report me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                I bought an LG touchscreen fone thing last week.

SPOILER
                                                                                                it sucks massive donkey balls
                                                                                                So's your face

Comment

your sister, but not your mother

Comment

Lol,oh dear,somebody is ready for beddy buys and their favorite blankywanky.

Comment

it's friday, I have 50 mins left of work.

It's only me and the new guy left in the office, we both know that there's nothing to do, but neither of us can call it a day,
                                                                                                      Him, cos he's the new guy.

Me cos I reckon the new guy will report me.
                                                                                                      Rub his thigh.

Comment

I concede defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                          Rub his thigh.
                                                                                                          What happened with the, got the jist, but some sort of mix up with HH

Comment

What happened with the, got the jist, but some sort of mix up with HH
                                                                                                            What happened with HH?

Other then starting a flurry of homosexual references and pictures in BBV,I think he's still investigating the peculiarities of Nigerian cultural practices.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                              What happened with HH?

Other then starting a flurry of homosexual references and pictures in BBV,I think he's still investigating the peculiarities of Nigerian cultural practices.
                                                                                                              according to wiki HitchHiker was just leveled bigtime.

Culture of Nigeria
                                                                                                              From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                                                                                                              Jump to: navigation, search

National Arts TheaterThe culture of Nigeria is shaped by Nigeria's multiple ethnic groups. The country has over 50 languages and over 250 dialects and ethnic groups. The three largest ethnic groups are the Hausa-Fulani who are predominant in the north, the Igbo who are predominant in the south-east, and the Yoruba who are predominant in the southwest. The Edo people are predominant in the region between Yorubaland and Igboland. Much of the Edo tend to be Christian while the remaining 20 percent worship deities called Ogu. This group is followed by the Ibibio/Annang/Efik people of the coastal southeastern Nigeria and the Ijaw of the Niger Delta.

The rest of Nigeria's ethnic groups (sometimes called 'minorities') are found all over the country but especially in the middle belt and north. The Hausa tend to be Muslim and the Igbo are predominantly Christian. The Efik, Ibibio, Annang people are mainly Christian. The Yoruba have a balance of members that are adherent to both Islam and Christianity. Indigenous religious practices remain important in all of Nigeria's ethnic groups, these beliefs are often blended with Christian beliefs.

Nigeria is famous for its English language literature and its popular music. Since the 1990s the Nigerian movie industry, sometimes called "Nollywood" has emerged as a fast-growing cultural force all over the continent. All over the country, and even increasingly in the conservative north, western music, dresses and movies are ever popular.

Nigerian Super EaglesFootball (soccer) is extremely popular throughout the country and especially among the youth, both field soccer and professional international soccer, has developed into a cult of unity and division. Supporters of English football clubs Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea often segregate beyond the traditional tribal and even religious divide to share their common cause in Premier League teams. The Nigeria national football team, nicknamed the Super Eagles, is the national team of Nigeria and is controlled by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF). According to the FIFA World Rankings, Nigeria ranks 22nd and holds the third highest place among the African nations behind Cameroon (11th) and Côte d'Ivoire (16th). The highest position ever reached on the ranking was 5th in April 1994.

Nigerian food embellishes a rich blend of traditionally African carbohydrates such as Yam and Cassava as well as vegetable soups made from native green leaves. Praised by Nigerians for the strength it gives, Garri is a powdered Cassava Grain that can be readily eaten as a meal and is quite cheap. Yam is either fried in oil or pounded to make a Mashed Potato like Yam pottage. Nigerian beans, quite different from green peas, is widely popular. Meat is also popular and Nigerian Suya, a barbecue like method of roasting meat, is a well known delicacy. Bush meat, meat from wild game like deer and giraffes is also popular. Fermented palm products is used to make a traditional liquor, Palm Wine, as is fermented Cassava.

Nigerians, like most the the world, are fond of practical jokes. A popular running gag among the Nigerian community in the UK revovles around a university Professor known only as the HitchHiker. When given the chance, either alone or in a group, Nigerians will repeatedly rub his leg, not in a manly way, yet not quite homo-erotic. The purpose of the game is to see if he posts on in the BBV on IPB, and if he does, Nigerians around the world laugh and drink at his expense, while shouting together "leveled".

The music of Nigeria includes many kinds of folk and popular music, some of which are known worldwide. Traditional musicians use a number of diverse instruments, such as the Gongon drums.

Other traditional cultural expressions are found in the various masquerades of Nigeria, such as the Eyo masquerades, the Ekpe and Ekpo Masquerades of the Efik/Ibibio/Annang/Igbo peoples of coastal south-eastern Nigeria (the former Ekpe secret society of the Calabar Kingdom), and the Northern Edo Masquerades. The most popular Yoruba wooden masks are the Gelede masquerades.

Comment

Just missed John O'Shea plugging the IPO on TV3's breakfast show
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                  Just missed John O'Shea plugging the IPO on TV3's breakfast show
                                                                                                                  Come on down to Europes booked out biggest tournament?

Comment

X FACTOR FANS !! If your missing Gamu. Don't worry, From next Wednesday you'll be able to sponsor her for £3 a month.

Comment

X FACTOR FANS !! If your missing Gamu. Don't worry, From next Wednesday you'll be able to sponsor her for £3 a month.
                                                                                                                      Oh you are sick CHD but I did LOL at that!

Comment

What goes around, comes back around....

From the Archives; October 15th 1981

DRIVEN BY the government’s need to borrow money, high international rates and even higher rates for the punt, interest rates were hitting new highs in 1981 with the mortgage rate heading for 18 per cent. – JOE JOYCE

THE MAIN Irish banks are likely to ask the Central Bank to sanction an interest rate increase of about 2% when they meet tomorrow morning. If an increase is sanctioned, the building societies will follow swiftly with a mortgage rate increase, a society chief warned last night.

A 2% increase would bring the personal overdraft rate to a record 20¼%, while 5- to 7-year term loans for personal borrowers would rise to 22%. A similar building society rate increase would push the ordinary mortgage rate up to 18¼%.

This would mean that the holder of a new average mortgage of £19,000 for 20 years would have seen repayments rise by some £70 a month in the space of just four months. The main banks believe there is a case for a 2½% rise in interest rates, but last night appeared set to settle for 2% when they put their case to the Central Bank.

The rapid rise in Dublin money market rates over the past month has resulted in a severe loss of bank liquidity for the “Big Four” associated banks, and a senior banker last night claimed that the situation had become critical.

When a differential between money market rates and bank interest rates emerges, large companies tend to take advantage of it by drawing down overdraft facilities from the banks and placing the funds into the money market. This time, bankers say, these companies have reacted far more quickly to the opportunity, and many more than usual have taken advantage of it.

Bankers stress that a swift decision from the Central Bank is essential. But the regulatory body may attempt to delay the increase. The Bank might have reason to believe, for example, that additional funds will come into the Dublin money market, bringing rates down from their current all-time peaks.

The building societies, which took only four days to respond to the last bank rates increases, say that they may be forced to respond in a similar swift manner this time. Although there has been an improvement in the inflow of savings into the societies in September following a disastrous three months, demand for loans is still exceptionally high.

An indication of the strain on funds now being experienced by the banks was the organisation of a cartel on the Dublin money market over the past two days.

Sources indicate that the easing of rates in the market yesterday was the result of collaboration between some of the larger takers of deposits (i.e. the main banks) to lower rates throughout the market. There has been no increase in liquidity, bankers state, and it would appear that by consistently quoting rates below those offered by smaller institutions the banks have been partly successful in forcing larger depositors to settle for those lower rates.
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Found out going to a 3 day week this morning, be taking the IPO seriously this weekend now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X