This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

x-post from boards

NEWTON'S OPTIC: Our walking tour visits the homes of some of those responsible for the economic collapse

THANK YOU for joining this political walking tour of Ireland’s “Brass Circle”, where we will visit the homes of those responsible for the State’s economic collapse. Please keep to the centre and mind your step as the path we are taking is rarely used.

No 16 Pleasant View

This is the home of Andrew and Orla Cullinane. They purchased it in 2006 with a 110 per cent mortgage for 12 times their combined salary, following a particularly creative self-assessment.

They knew it was the absolute upper limit of what they or almost anyone else could afford, even if they ate spam and cat-food for their rest of their lives.

But they still assumed that house prices would keep rising indefinitely, while never asking how they could realise this capital growth without moving into a tent. They also assumed that their jobs were completely safe and their wages would increase forever. After all, they are both teachers.

No 39 Absentee Avenue

This house, which is currently vacant, was bought by Mr Patrick Lord as a buy-to-let investment using an extremely popular loan product designed for that purpose. While not expecting to profit significantly from the rent, Mr Lord did expect to make a huge profit from the property’s eventual re-sale. At no point did it occur to him that reward is the return for risk. He has 23 years remaining for this fact to dawn.

No 85 Haughey Mansions

This is the home of Séamus and Bridget Doolally, who always vote Fianna Fáil no matter what.

No 44 Lower-Middle Close

This is the home of Barry and Linda Rooney and their five-year-old son Wayne. Through the mock-Georgian front windows you can see a 60-inch flat-screen television manufactured by the Happy Liquid Crystal Company of Guangzhou, China. The Chinese government had little option but to spend the resulting $5,000 trade surplus on US treasury bonds, thereby lending the money back to the West at nominal interest.

China, like Japan before it, has now accumulated so many of these bonds that any move to redeem them would render them worthless. In effect, Asia has been tricked into taking cheques it can never cash by a post-imperialist global financial system serving unproductive western consumers. On the other hand, Barry and Linda do get to watch Celebrity X-Factor in super-sharp high definition.

No 17 Pinewood Park

This is the home of Anthony and Aisling O’Farrell. At the rear of the property, beside the conservatory, you will see an area of decking so expansive that their neighbours secretly call it “The Queen Mary”.

They paid for it with an equity release loan against the increased value of their house, telling themselves it was “an investment” which would further increase its value. Then they could borrow some more.

No 26.5 APR Long Street

This is the home of Brendan and Kathleen Martin. The his-and-hers 4x4s you can see on the cobbled drive were purchased through a consumer finance deal, as was all the furniture in the house plus the new fitted kitchen.

However, the food in the kitchen was purchased by credit card. The Martins are now facing repossession, something they could never have foreseen.

No 1 Circular Road

This is the home of John Donnelly, who works in a bank. Everybody shout “boo!”
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

laptop really starting to show signs of age atm even though its only 2yrs old

the "u" bttn has fallen out and is now just delicatly balanced in position
      the hinge is after getting very wobbly of late
      and the space bar is acting up again if i press the right hand side or middle of the bar iendupwithsomethinglikethis, so i now have to constantly hit the left hand side of the bar fo it to work.

i would buy a new one but i havn't got the spare loots
      does anyone know how much it would cost to repair??

its a dell studio1735

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

New ww game starting with limited places.

Back of the net.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...470#post171470
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to...
            Someone should write a strongly worded letter to the newspaper about this imo
            Get Hans Brix on that shit.

Comment

Lol'd at something written on a wall in the jacks in college.

'don't piss on the floor, be a rebel and shit on the ceiling'

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Really not sure we got enough analysis of this. I mean, the lad was touching me up! wtf?!
                Is he your housemate? Did you say anything to him when was doing it or just uncompfortably accepted it??
                Profit before people.

Comment

Really not sure we got enough analysis of this. I mean, the lad was touching me up! wtf?!
                  look its quite obvious you are a very attractive man

shur its well know of how women the world over have tried to have their wicked way with you and succeeded.

he is obviously a bit gay and maybe you should feel flattered about it, maybe even experiment with the guy, explore new boundaries and all that.

or else just don't sit beside him the next time

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    New ww game starting with limited places.

Back of the net.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...470#post171470
                    Full,sorry guys.

Comment

new toy http://memegenerator.net/El-Tren

sample..
                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

btw was having a few drinks last night in the house before the onset of manflu, and the Nigerian lad in the house kept touching my leg. I mean touching in the same way that i'd feel up a hooker. Almost 100% certain that he's as straight as they come and its just a cultural thing, but what do i do in this situation?
                          I'm just wondering if you had to think of a lot of football or baseball, to avoid becoming aroused? If you didn't have to I wouldn't worry about it, also you'd be better off asking the chap in question. You're really not going to get any useful answer here.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The bolded bit. Was so out of the ball park that didn't really know what to do. Know that Middle-Eastern guys have no problems holding hands, so was kind of guessing this might be the Nigerian equivalent of that.
                            Hmmm strange one, maybe it was some sort of black magic spell. Coincidence that you were sick this morning You could be damned to years a bad luck...
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

There is a chance that he has listened to all your stories of hookers & cheap floozies and read closest Gheylord into it ?

Comment

Someone introduce this guy to online poker please!

Originally posted by happymacmac
                                  I got an ipod touch 2 years ago and about a month ago i lost it i searched everywhere for it. about a day ago i got an email saying sent from my ipod . does that mean someone has my ipod and sent an email to someone using it or something else any help would be appreciated thanks
                                  Originally posted by Steoob
                                  Facepalm
                                  Originally posted by LiamN
                                  If the e-mail just says:

"<Body of Email>

Sent from my iPod"

Then that's just the default email signature for an email sent from an iPod, it says iPhone and iPad for the respective devices, i'd assume.

Comment

The bolded bit. Was so out of the ball park that didn't really know what to do. Know that Middle-Eastern guys have no problems holding hands, so was kind of guessing this might be the Nigerian equivalent of that.
                                    maybe you should try reverse physcology and start rubbing him upthe next time he sits beside you

was there anyone else in the roomto witness this?
                                    what was their reaction?
                                    have you disscussed it with the other housemates?

alot to be said for getting your own place tbh
                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C5xw4aGMco&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Last edited by KevIRL; 14-10-10, 20:22.

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Comment

Just watched Looking for Eric and it's a decent flick, think someone on here suggested it a few days ago so wp.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                              Saagar I used to be a big fan of, them getting shut down by health and safety kinda put me off!
                                              According to the boardsdeals.ie spokesperson, the restaurant was shut down for a very brief period in order to get the proper paperwork / licensing together, rather than being shut down because the authorities thought there was an immediate health risk. That said, as I said to my girl last night, they could have served me stewed rat instead of stewed lamb and I'm sure I would have gobbled it down just as quickly in the Saag sauce!

Comment

Yep, myself and another lad were both playing a stars tournie when this guy came back from work. He didn't seem to notice though.
                                                wait...let me get this staright
                                                this nigerian walks in and makes a beeline straight for you, he muscles in beside you and starts touching you up and the other guy didn't notice

Comment

Don't think that's the way it works! Wasn't a question of being aroused, lol. More a question of wtf is happening here. Obviously if it was someone local i'd say 'why the fck are you touching my leg?', but was half-thinking that maybe this is an acceptable social practice in his part of the world so didn't want to say anything like that.
                                                  Meh, you're not in his part of the world.

Our part of the world, our social practices imo.

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      Meh, you're not in his part of the world.

Our part of the world, our social practices imo.
                                                      and obviously our social practices would be to smack him one in the gob

Comment

Comment

not quite! we have two sofas in the living room and me and the other lad were sitting on one each. This guy sat down on my couch to drink a beer, and whenever he'd chat to me he'd touch my leg and feel and rub it a bit. It was all quite strange. I'm guessing it's just different social customs. Doesn't necessarily bother me in the slightest if he wants to touch me up as long as it is actually a social custom rather than a gay come on.
                                                          obviously very borderline

Comment

Hitchhikers, I was googling to try and see if it was the norm in Africa, I couldn't find anything. I put my I Phone down and left the room. When I came back in my brother was using it to check something online. My last few searches where along the lines of ' male Nigerian leg rubbing rituals'. It was very tough trying to explain my way out of that one
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                The new Jersey Shore episode of South Park is just inspired...
                                                                Just watched it very very good

Comment

Comment

I think its been mentioned but....At work our internet access is filtered by Websence. Access to IPB worked fine up to recently but now the site is recognised as a message board/forum...and computer says no.

Is there a way around this??

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                      Just watched Looking for Eric and it's a decent flick, think someone on here suggested it a few days ago so wp.
                                                                      "I am not a man. I am Cantona"

Quite a decent film alright, Eric was some hero
                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Inside Natures Giants on C4 is such a great science programme.

Cephalopoda are so cool.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I wonder what buyin rule this guy uses.

Move the fuck up for fuck's sake!
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm friendly with a Nigerian woman and she is quite physical in a friendly way - hugging, arm stroking, friendly pinching etc.

Now as a man who probably teaches some manner of statistics I wouldn't suggest you say "case closed" with a sample of 2 from 150m Nigerians. So don't become complacent on my behalf and end up, well, I think this is the most appropriate pic from Adebisi:

NSFW

SPOILER
                                                                            Last edited by hotspur; 14-10-10, 21:10.

Comment

Don't think that's the way it works! Wasn't a question of being aroused, lol. More a question of wtf is happening here. Obviously if it was someone local i'd say 'why the fck are you touching my leg?', but was half-thinking that maybe this is an acceptable social practice in his part of the world so didn't want to say anything like that.
                                                                              I'm fairly sure that the correct response is to nibble on his ear.

Comment

...
                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-10-10, 21:12.

Comment

I've spent a lot of time working and socialising with Nigerians and I've nebver known the men to be in any way touchy feeley.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Supernintendo Chalmers

Comment

That pic is not safe for anywhere Hotspur.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Played the Voodoo game last night. Played okish with only one or two mistakes. Got down to 3 BB's at one point and managed to chop it with our very own NuckChorris.

But I have to ask, what did you have when the boards was A456 and you pushed?

Comment

I was looking at some Iron Man footage on Youtube and came across this clip which i have not seen in years
                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTn1v5TGK_w&feature=channel[/ame]

Comment

I assume everyone's been watchin the news footage of those people gettin rescued from their ordeal. Great to see the smiles back on their grubby, little dirty faces and the faint glimmer of hope that all will be well in their pathetic, mundane lives.

Still I hope Everton beat the shit out of them on Sunday!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              I've spent a lot of time working and socialising with Nigerians and I've nebver known the men to be in any way touchy feeley.
                                                                                              I've spent a lot of time socializing in gay bars and saunas in the past, and I can't think of even one occasion when someone felt up my leg. Complete strangers sucking on my cock when I was otherwise distracted, yes. Feeling up my leg, never ( may have said too much)

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDBrdl2sZWs&feature=related[/ame]

Some set of...
                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                  most epsiode's of nitro circus are mental, if you haven't seen any of it i def recommend watching them.

Comment

...

Comment

BBV help

i want to find a story that was in the news 3/4 weeks ago

it was about some healthcare worker stealing a heap of money of a patient he was supposed to be caring for

Comment

...

Comment

Straight saunas are such a disappointment.
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Don't want to speak for the whole group, but......!

you're hardly the man to be prudish about someone telling strangers on the internet a story about a consensual sexual act?

*
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 14-10-10, 22:03. Reason: *

Comment

Jesus, On deadly ground is some shite film

please tell me it has a kick ass ending

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                I assume everyone's been watchin the news footage of those people gettin rescued from their ordeal. Great to see the smiles back on their grubby, little dirty faces and the faint glimmer of hope that all will be well in their pathetic, mundane lives.

Still I hope Everton beat the shit out of them on Sunday!!!
                                                                                                                All fun and games until the Glaziers wip another 80 million out of yer merchandise shop
                                                                                                                or are ye all wearing Norwich shirts now as well as their scarves

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-10-10, 22:22.

Comment

long crazy person rant turned up on after hours and was deleted fairly wuickly which claims the lotto is a scam. might be of interest to certain posters!
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

I want to take this opportunity to wish the National Lottery all the best as they play out the drama of letting the jackpot prize built up to accomplish the biggest prize fund to date of between €18,000,000 to €20,000,000 which the lottery intend to be won after the October Bank Holiday weekend 2010.

However, this is there last chance to reach the biggest jackpot in the history of the National Lottery as we are heading in to a deeper recession with less spending money to waste on Lottery games.

They may even consider dividing the €20,000,000 between 2 or more winners just like the Lotto jackpot of the 22nd Feb ’06 were 10 winners shared €2,473,743.

However, lately when it becomes too obvious the National lottery will usually let the lottery off when it reaches around €14,000,000. Then for Halloween add in another €1m which is save enough as they have no intention of having any winners.

I have been trying for a while to bring to the notice of the general public the biggest case of fraud in this country namely the constant roll over situation and improper operations of the National Lottery.

I wrote to some members of Dail Eireann to highlight the improper operations of the National Lottery but to no avail, makes you wonder how much lotto funds are past around to the different political parties to hand out for so called good causes funding local GAA clubs, etc to help keep a political presence in certain areas.

TV3 have in the past on my behalf questioned the National Lottery re the constant
                                                                                                                    rollover situation, however out of the blue they were rewarded the Monday Millions prize draws to air on their network so not to rock the boat!

I would expect that the National Lottery would reject all my allegations concerning improper operation of the National Lottery and its games.
                                                                                                                    You may think that it is possible to compose a story around past results of any number of draws and after the event come up with a theory that fits the facts.

However, it’s past the point of coincidence to the stage where you have to think that someone is tampering somehow with the system, no matter how many adjudicators are present, something is amiss.

The National Lottery maintains that they are fair and honest in everything they do and that they operate to the highest professional standards in all their activities. That all Lottery games including Lotto are operated to the highest standard of integrity and security, that all draws are independently scrutinised by independent auditors from KPMG and that lotto draws are transmitted live as they happen in studio by RTE that all draw equipment, games and processes are designed to ensure that there is no opportunity for tampering or manipulation.

I wonder!

I am also aware that there is a large staff who work behind the scenes who are under the impression they test the integrity of the lotto, including the accountancy firm of K.P.M.G (however, just look at the Financial Regulator for the Banks over the past few years).

I feel at this stage K.P.M.G should distance themselves from the National Lottery in case the truth ever finds the light of day.

I am aware that when the National Lottery added extra numbers it made it more difficult to win, which would lead to more rollovers.

However, anyone who has been participating in the lottery over the past few years will have noticed the strange effect that public holidays like St Patrick's Day, Easter, Christmas, Bank Holiday Weekends, etc have on the draws in the weeks running up to that date.

I now feel that large rollovers will be won around the time coming up to or just after a Bank Holiday and not directly on the Bank Holiday Weekends, St Patrick’s Day, Christmas etc, to take the heat off.

In 2008 I phoned the National Lottery when there was a similar rollover and they informed me that this was a game of chance and it was just a coincidence that there was no winner at the time.

However, they also informed me at the time that 2007 was a record year for Lotto sales due to the number of rollovers which took place and that there would be at least 4 major rollovers in 2008. (So much for the National Lottery Act of 1986)

I believe the overall odds of winning the Lotto is a 1 in 8,145,060 if this is the case how come there was no top prize winner since 1st of September with a population of over 4,100,000 in the country.
                                                                                                                    I am under no misapprehension that not all members of the public are of the age or economically active to take part in the lotto.
                                                                                                                    (Would you agree that at least 1.3 million people purchased tickets for the lotto and the minimum purchase is two lines?)

I am fully aware that the betting pattern suggest that a much greater number of tickets than normal have been sold, therefore a greater number of possible combinations have been covered and I am sure there is some combinations that have not been covered.

However in my opinion I believe just before the draw on a Wednesday or Saturday night between 7:45 and 7:50pm the National Lottery are in a position to check the computer database to pick a sequence of six numbers which have not been picked by any member of the public for that draw, in so doing afford them the opportunity to let the Lotto rollover for another while.

In a similar fashion when the National Lottery decide to let a large rollover be won, they can also check the database to pick a sequence of six numbers which may have been picked 2 or 3 times by members of the public to allow a large rollover be divided between 2 or more winners.

As you are aware there are ways of writing programs that produce a set of random numbers which have not been picked for a draw on any given night.
                                                                                                                    There are functions and commands in some programming languages that are used to generate such random numbers, known only to a hand full of people who work for the National Lottery.

Anyway the point I wish to make is that any one who entered the lotto since the 1st of September of this year entered a competition where there was never going to be a winner of the overall top prizes. They entered a competition under a false pretence that there would be an overall winner which I would regard as fraud.

I do not know why they do it. What their incentive is?

I am aware that when the Euro Lotto first started there was a fall off in sales of the Irish Lotto, more and more people were playing Euro Millions for a greater prize fund, hence the reason why National Lottery brought the jackpot up to 2,000,000 minimum prize.
                                                                                                                    They realizes that even €2,000,000 did not go far at the time (pre recession days) it was not enough of incentive for the Irish players.

As I already stated with a population of just over 4,100,000 in the country and say on average 1.3 million people play lotto (minimum purchase is two lines) there was not enough funds coming in over a one or two week period to build up a worth while prize fund.

By letting it roll over for say 6 or 8 weeks brings the jackpot nearer to the standard Euro Millions price fund of around €15,000,000 with lotto fever, when the jackpot increases, the National Lottery get a lot more customers who never normally play thus increasing revenue.

Frequently after a large roll over the National Lottery have a number of smaller prize winners for about 2 or 3 weeks to take the heat off!

The last large Lottery roll over obtain the biggest ever jackpot prize of over €17,000,000 and had no bank holiday to get in the way so it didn’t look too obvious.
                                                                                                                    As it was becoming just too obvious to let the jackpot be won around bank holiday weekends as the general public were beginning to see a pattern of large rollovers around bank holiday periods and a patter of large prize funds been won nearly always with a quick pick ticket.

I have been following this quite closely over the years, if there is some swindle going on it is an awful shame for what started out as a game of chance which was to raise funds for some very good causes.

I am under no misapprehension that I will be the person to uncover the improper operations of the Lottery it may take a few more years but the truth will find the light of day.

It is not my deliberate intention to cause defamation of the National Lottery however I feel that this petty juvenile carry on will finally lead to the downfall of the National Lottery as the general public start to cop on.

At this point I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for reading my letter and would welcome any comments from any member of the public or the National Lottery on this matter.

I really do not think it is all in my imagination. I am only one of a number of people who have noticed this pattern.
                                                                                                                    You may also think that this is total fantasy to imagine that so many people could have been in on a scam this long without it getting out. All you have to do is just look at the Moon landing cover up since 1969!

Myles na gCopaleen,
                                                                                                                    Formally trading as Brian P. Nolan

PS: The National Lottery should also contemplate a frequent winner of the Monday Millions for say 8 or 10 weeks a year to take the heat off!

spoilered as its quite long
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

btw my response to couriercollie was meant as a joke!
                                                                                                                      I kinda thought you were quoting it just to stop me editing it. I'm just finding it really odd that I remember almost every woman(not necessarily their names) that ever rubbed my upper leg region(which I quite enjoyed btw), and I'm certain no man ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                        long crazy person rant turned up on after hours and was deleted fairly wuickly which claims the lotto is a scam. might be of interest to certain posters!
                                                                                                                        SPOILER

spoilered as its quite long
                                                                                                                        I can't believe I read most of that.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I remember Brian Nolan alright, absolute mentalist.
                                                                                                                          Makes mysterious and SOTS seem borderline stable.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X