This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol live poker.

Go in to play with a friend, Voodoo only has a 1/2 game playing.

Outside my limits, but fuck it, I'm there.

Buy in for 50bbs, he gets 100.

first hand, muck
    Second hand AA UTG+1

raise to 7, 2 callers.

Bet 16 on a Q 10 4 flop

MP raises to 53, I ship.

He turns over AJo. Turn river bricks. Nice double up.

5th hand, friend raises UTG, flops two pair. Same villain has flopped TPTK. Money goes in on a 4 turn, giving villain the nut flush draw. River a 4 to counterfeit the two pair.
    Friend (driver) says "time to go"

Cliff notes.
    We got dealt 5 hands
    I doubled up
    He busted

Live poker is rigged obv

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Not suitable for the weak of stomach.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b21_1186385877

thats excellent.
      http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
        How about A football thread that only opens for a few hours after Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal matches and is locked the rest of the time
        To be fair, why there are some retarded arguments especially re Liverpool and Man U. Sledgehammers posts are always worth the read imo.

Comment

looked like the big boob lady that homer met in the simpsons movie

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
            BEAT: told by colleague at work that we have no hope of avoiding 3 day week, possibly week on week off. still no word from head office so don't know when/for how long, just that soon, I'm going to be broke.
            GF texts to tell me "we need to talk" next week.

f u c k

This is why we need a dislike button

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

well if I have to then obv the 3 day is a better option than no work, but it was all only a rumour the other day.
                fcukbeans though, what a shit day. jameson and joint, only thing for it.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

If this board were around in 1970, there'd be posts pointing out that Pele had only turned it on in 6 World Cups games over 4 tournaments, he'd been carried by the superior Garrincha in 58, that he'd bottled it in 1966, that the Mexican climate and kickoff times were biased against the European teams in 1970. Lets see if he can do it in Germany in 4 years when he should be at his prime aged 33, and if he can't then thats a sign of how overrated he is.

Furthermore Peles failure so far to play in any of top European leagues means his club career had a huge question mark against it as most of his goals had been scored against nonsense defences in uncompetitive leagues, and he needs a move to St Etienne or Ajax to prove his worth.

My point (I think) is we should just enjoy Rooney, Ronaldo, Messi, Casillas, Xavi, Torres, etc for what they are, and not get hung up in overanalyzing between players or between generations.

Comment

haha brilliant. Was funny after the fight when the coloured guy was saying next time ill get you, and he was wobbling all over the place!

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                    This should help remind us all to keep our passwords secure. Poker players can never be too careful.

Otherwise you could be in the exact same situation and mood as this guy..
                    Looks like this is the most excersise he has had in a while lol

Quality links!

Comment

Tiger's first press conference since the storm this Friday. The great man will surely announce a return date.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                        Messi > Rooney and it isn't even all that close, even though Messi doesn't play in England so is automatically awful. Rooneys been on fantastic form but even his best season ever is lesser than Ronaldos was at this stage statistically after the same amount of games for the same team. People need to calm down on the hype, if Rooney keeps up this form for another season or two we can start to talk about him as a best in the world contender and then as one of the best ever. To even put him in the same bracket as Pele is f-cking laughable at this stage.
                        Meh, not getting involved as to who is better between Messi and Rooney. I think Messi is classier but Rooney is a much harder worker and better team player.
                        The reason I quote you is that bit about Ronaldo v Rooney. I don't believe that Ronaldo was ever a better player than Rooney. I totally agree he had one absolutely phenomenal season for United but I don't think United would have won the last 3 PL titles without Rooney, but I think they could have won them without Ronaldo.
                        Rooney has been one of the best players in the world for a couple of years, but the fact that he is scoring a lot of goals this season means the bandwagonners start raving about him. He does deserve all the plaudits he is getting, its just sad that it takes goals to open peoples eyes.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                          thats excellent.
                          Gotta slightly agree with this post lol
                          The funny away and laughing was hilarious tho haha

Comment

well if I have to then obv the 3 day is a better option than no work, but it was all only a rumour the other day.
                            fcukbeans though, what a shit day. jameson and joint, only thing for it.
                            You will be able to sign on for the other 3 days afaik, will ask the wife in the morning.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                              Also, those psychometric tests are a load of codswallop for hiring people. Anyone with half a brain can give you exactly what you are looking for. If someone can't score well on those they don't deserve a job.
                              I guess in that way they're a good way of sorting out some people though!
                              I don't know what psychometric tests most companies use, but the best psychological personality tests have built in ways to catch people who are faking good. The only employment relevant one I did when I studied psychometrics was the MAPP (Motivational Appraisal of Personal Potential) and that was pretty good imo. Had good psychometric properties if I recall.

Talking about Rooney in terms of best player of all time is just weird. Wasn't even the best player on his team last year. I admire his application and his efficacy, a wonderful player, but on sheer ability he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same thread as Maradona, Ronaldo, or Messi imo. The latter type could destroy any team in the world singlehandedly, not struggle to score against Sunderland and Moldova.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                  I think Messi is classier but Rooney is a much harder worker and better team player.
                                  I don't wanna get into this again But I have to dispute the team player bit, Messis leading la liga in assists atm and works his arse off himself, he's as much a team player as anyone, making no comparisons here just making a point

But yeah both are obviously world class players
                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    You will be able to sign on for the other 3 days afaik, will ask the wife in the morning.
                                    I will, but it still leaves me down a few hundred a month on whats already a tight budget.
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

but I think they could have won them without Ronaldo.
                                      No chance and i say that with alot of confidence.

06/07 Won by 6 points. Ronaldo had 17 goals
                                      07/08 Won by 2 points. Ronaldo had 31 goals
                                      08/09 Won by 4 points. Ronaldo had 18 goals

If you take away the goals from him, not to mention the assists. United would have been lucky to finish top 4.

This season is similar. Without Rooney. United would be struggling. Dont forget about 'Own Goal' too
                                      Last edited by Guest; 18-02-10, 00:42.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        Tiger's first press conference since the storm this Friday. The great man will surely announce a return date.
                                        Saw this on the BBC news tonight. Mad that it is big news that sombody is going to hold a news conference.
                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          Saw this on the BBC news tonight. Mad that it is big news that sombody is going to hold a news conference.
                                          He's the biggest sportsman on the planet, with a perceived fall from grace that we probably haven't seen on this scale before from any sports person.

It's a massive story.

Comment

Meh, not getting involved as to who is better between Messi and Rooney. I think Messi is classier but Rooney is a much harder worker and better team player.
                                            The reason I quote you is that bit about Ronaldo v Rooney. I don't believe that Ronaldo was ever a better player than Rooney. I totally agree he had one absolutely phenomenal season for United but I don't think United would have won the last 3 PL titles without Rooney, but I think they could have won them without Ronaldo.
                                            Rooney has been one of the best players in the world for a couple of years, but the fact that he is scoring a lot of goals this season means the bandwagonners start raving about him. He does deserve all the plaudits he is getting, its just sad that it takes goals to open peoples eyes.
                                            Take a 42 goal player out of your team and still win the league, doubtful i reckon. Utd are struggling this year without Ronaldo badly.

Also goals win games, thats what its all about, id rather a bum who does fuck all but score 30 a season than a 12 goal a year workhorse.
                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

This is the first night I've watched any of the Winter Olympics, must say I'm enjoying it, BBC's red button could be better though!! I'd much prefer something similar to what Sky do on Champions League Group Stage days...

Comment

In every comparable attribute, Messi is better than Rooney imo. Sledgejammer seems to have a decent handle on things although Solsjaer makes some good point. I still fail to see how anyone can justify calling Rooney a better player than Messi though.

Also, I would also like to point out:

Anyone who thinks Zidane was the greatest player of all time, or one of them, didnt watch him nearly enough. The man was the moodiest, most tempermental, lazy assed son of a bitch of all time. Course, when he was bothered or was needed to turn it on then he was fantastic but he used to drift in an out of games more than Gerrard.

Thats the thing though I guess, when it was needed he did it and thats what people remember.

That pic of Maradon is phony btw. Genius photographer caught the opposition players as they were breaking from a wall before a free kick.

Comment

Comment

forgot my boards.ie password, posted by Yuletired August 8th. For fear of being called a bandwagon jumper

It's probably too early to have Dom spewing over his beloved Pool so I'll leave it for a while.

On a more serious note, I'll really miss Alonso he was quite the player and played some sweet football, who will ever forget his half way line/own half goals, Liked him very clever footbaler. pity. a loss to the PL.

I'm really looking forward to the new season. Ronaldo, Cantona, there is life and titles after both. Let's watch the new kids go. Rooney to dominate this season imo

Arshavin more of the same please.

I hope Madrid FLOP but with that Squad unlikely

anyway we all have our opinions, I am of course convinced mine is neither 'retarded nor woeful'. Spot on IMO. At no stage did i say Rooney was better than Messi. Fcking news of the World would be proud of some of ye.

Last edited by Solskjaer; 18-02-10, 00:49.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                      Lol live poker.

Go in to play with a friend, Voodoo only has a 1/2 game playing.

Outside my limits, but fuck it, I'm there.

Buy in for 50bbs, he gets 100.

first hand, muck
                                                      Second hand AA UTG+1

raise to 7, 2 callers.

Bet 16 on a Q 10 4 flop

MP raises to 53, I ship.

He turns over AJo. Turn river bricks. Nice double up.

5th hand, friend raises UTG, flops two pair. Same villain has flopped TPTK. Money goes in on a 4 turn, giving villain the nut flush draw. River a 4 to counterfeit the two pair.
                                                      Friend (driver) says "time to go"

Cliff notes.
                                                      We got dealt 5 hands
                                                      I doubled up
                                                      He busted

Live poker is rigged obv
                                                      Tell mate to GTFO imo.
                                                      If he insists on bringing only one buy-in then he should wait. Would he do the same in a tourney.
                                                      If he still insists on leaving, tell to fuck himself, your winning and will get a taxi

Comment

Originally posted by PhoneMonkey View Post

Anyone who thinks Zidane was the greatest player of all time, or one of them, didnt watch him nearly enough. The man was the moodiest, most tempermental, lazy assed son of a bitch of all time. Course, when he was bothered or was needed to turn it on then he was fantastic but he used to drift in an out of games more than Gerrard.
                                                        Last edited by The C Kid; 18-02-10, 00:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                          No chance and i say that with alot of confidence.

06/07 Won by 6 points. Ronaldo had 17 goals
                                                          07/08 Won by 2 points. Ronaldo had 31 goals
                                                          08/09 Won by 4 points. Ronaldo had 18 goals

If you take away the goals from him, not to mention the assists. United would have been lucky to finish top 4.

This season is similar. Without Rooney. United would be struggling. Dont forget about 'Own Goal' too
                                                          But? This season... Ronaldo was taken away? and they arent struggling?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PhoneMonkey View Post
                                                              But? This season... Ronaldo was taken away? and they arent struggling?
                                                              Who said they were? My point was directed at the comment which i quoted!

Comment

The camera woman on that bus fight clip resonds...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbsX5j-8T3Y[/ame]
                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  Tell mate to GTFO imo.
                                                                  If he insists on bringing only one buy-in then he should wait. Would he do the same in a tourney.
                                                                  If he still insists on leaving, tell to fuck himself, your winning and will get a taxi
                                                                  He seen Hellmuth do it on High Stakes Poker so he knew is was the right thing to do.
                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I will, but it still leaves me down a few hundred a month on whats already a tight budget.
                                                                    GF texts to tell me "we need to talk" next week.
                                                                    f u c k

Budget only going to get tighter with a baby on the way.

Comment

I thouroughly enjoyed reading through the football stuff, well played to all involved.

I had a long post written on the various comparisons but I scrapped it,noone's comparing like with like tbh.

Messi is a wonderful footballer no doubt, and i'd say he probably has more skill on the ball than Rooney will ever have, but Rooney seems to be one of that rare breed of player that can carry a team when needs be.

There's 22 players on the pitch,there are very few players i've ever watched who have it in them to take contol of a game,think about it, it's pretty special when one man can do that.

Gerrard can be brilliant in this regard but there's one performance which stands out for me .
                                                                      While he may not have been the most gifted footballer in the world, David Beckhams performance against Greece to get England to the 2002 world cup deserves to be heralded as one of the greatest examples of one mans desire and leadership getting his team over the line.

For me this is the one quality that Rooney has that very few others playing the game can never even dream of.

Messi is a more 'gifted' player but for what Rooney brings with him when he steps on the pitch I know who i'd rather have on my team.
                                                                      Last edited by dannydiamond; 18-02-10, 01:06.
                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

haha brilliant. Was funny after the fight when the coloured guy was saying next time ill get you, and he was wobbling all over the place!
                                                                        Black people don't like being called coloured. I don't know exactly what they do like being called as I don't talk to them and run if one approaches me, but I do know that calling them coloured is a slight step up from negro. And you don't seem like the kind of chap who would ever want to inadvertently insult someone or make a fool of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          Black people don't like being called coloured. I don't know exactly what they do like being called as I don't talk to them and run if one approaches me, but I do know that calling them coloured is a slight step up from negro. And you don't seem like the kind of chap who would ever want to inadvertently insult someone or make a fool of yourself.
                                                                          Oh. I actually thought that's what you were supposed to call them

Comment

I'm fairly sure words like 'coloured' or 'black' are bad if you use them in conjunction with 'man' or 'woman' or 'lady', but they are fine if used with 'dude' or 'lass' or 'chick'.

So 'black man' is bad, but 'black dude' is fine, ditto 'coloured chick' is perfect but 'black woman' is a huge no-no.

Don't take this as gospel though, I may be committing horrible faux-pas on a daily basis.

Comment

Tell mate to GTFO imo.
                                                                              We went in to play the 50/1 game, but it wasn't running. So we sat the 1/2 game.

He was the one with 2 bullets, I had just the one! (for the 50/1 game).

We were only going for a bit of a laugh, wasn't much craic in the place at all.

Cold too Brrrrrr

Comment

I always thought "coloured" was overly PC and comes across kinda patronising tbh

Comment

I always thought "coloured" was overly PC and comes across kinda patronising tbh
                                                                                  While on the subject, what actually are you supposed to say? For example if im standing with a few friends telling a story about a fight i seen at the weekend and i want to express that a 'black' guy was one of the guys fighting, how should i say it if there was other people standing close and i didnt want to offend them?

Comment

I don't wanna get into this again But I have to dispute the team player bit, Messis leading la liga in assists atm and works his arse off himself, he's as much a team player as anyone, making no comparisons here just making a point

But yeah both are obviously world class players
                                                                                    Assists are just more attacking stats. I have rarely seen Messi back tackling a winger near the corner flag in his own half because his full back is out of postion. I've seen Rooney do that regularly and then go on a lung bursting run back up the field as his team breaks.

Comment

this downhill skiing is incredible, the speed is frightening!

EDIT: I think they're back to being cool with "black" again.
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        I'm fairly sure words like 'coloured' or 'black' are bad if you use them in conjunction with 'man' or 'woman' or 'lady', but they are fine if used with 'dude' or 'lass' or 'chick'.

So 'black man' is bad, but 'black dude' is fine, ditto 'coloured chick' is perfect but 'black woman' is a huge no-no.

Don't take this as gospel though, I may be committing horrible faux-pas on a daily basis.
                                                                                        I have/had many black friends. 'black' is fine, 'coloured' I have been told,while not quite insulting is still a little 'off'.

Comment

good article for the Dannydiamonds of this world. Couldn't have said it better myself

Gimmeabreaks of this world don't click.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                            Surely all you've got to do is google scholar it and then learn how it is testing for each of the characteristics? Obv that might be a bit of a stretch, but a coach could google scholar it and then teach it to students. Am i wrong in thinking that a large part of the test relies on secrecy about its methods? - that's just not going to work anymore...

Back in the day i passed the psychometric test for anglo irish bank. Couldn't make it over for the second stage of interviews though. Could be sitting in a negative equity house now and villified by 99% of the population if i'd be able to make that second interview and ace it!
                                                                                            Anyone devious enough to scope out psychometric tests used by a firm and prepare answers deserves the job imo, they are probably a psychopath and would excel in the corporate business world.

Besides faking good there are issues of faking bad. The MMPI for instance is a top notch personality test used in mental health settings which has an in built fake bad scale to catch maligners

Speaking of malingering, one of my favourite ever newspaper cartoons was from an Irish paper, Tom Mathews maybe, there's a disgruntled looking boss with a puss on his face and hands in his pockets saying to a shopkeeper "I'd like a get well card with a thinly veiled accusation of malingering."

Comment

Assists are just more attacking stats. I have rarely seen Messi back tackling a winger near the corner flag in his own half because his full back is out of postion. I've seen Rooney do that regularly and then go on a lung bursting run back up the field as his team breaks.
                                                                                              You don't watch Messi enough if you've never seen him tracking back tbh, it's one of the things he's known for and often gets commented on on the La Liga coverage fwiw, it's part of Barcas overall system of pressing everybody when they're on the ball from the front up, it basically means everyone runs around like mad men off the ball, well everyone bar Ibra really. I doubt there's much in it work-rate wise, but there's no way to find any stats or anything to cover that so the argument is somewhat pointless.

Comment

While on the subject, what actually are you supposed to say? For example if im standing with a few friends telling a story about a fight i seen at the weekend and i want to express that a 'black' guy was one of the guys fighting, how should i say it if there was other people standing close and i didnt want to offend them?

Black is fine. But try not to precede it with the word "uppity" because then you're back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                  Is anyone watching the halfpipe on the BBC. The worst co-commentator of all time is doing it.
                                                                                                  She doesn't add anything, just goes uh huh, laughs and agrees wit hthe main guy.

She is like the commentating equivalent of that guy who lives on the soccer forum spiritoftheseventies. Just makes some inane pointless comment just to let everyone know they are still around.
                                                                                                  Still, enjoyable stuff. I love watching these sports. Once every 4 years is just the right amount to see them without getting bored.
                                                                                                  She is a disaster, all she done in the snowboard cross was say "oh my god" when someone fell over. Who let her in the commentary box.

Did anybody see the Skeleton event?? Jesus Christ.

Comment

I use black, in my opinion it's the most accepted. I know there are more formally phrases used in the states, but not for vernacular speech. Which are inaccurate anyway.

FYI February is Black History Month

Comment

I really don't see the difference between saying "a black man..." and "a blonde haired man..." myself...So that's what I'd use.

Comment

I really don't see the difference between saying "a black man..." and "a blonde haired man..." myself...So that's what I'd use.
                                                                                                        What if he he's black with blond hair?

Pick the shit out of that.

I agree with you by the way, I've never met a black person who's ever been offended by being called black.

Comment

I know there are more formally phrases used in the states, but not for vernacular speech. Which are inaccurate anyway.
                                                                                                          Enlighten us please.

Comment

anyone watching the skiing?! the downhill was hilarious there, marion Rolland managed to fall about 3 metres out of the gate.
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

i think we should get a taxi driver in to settle this debate.

Comment

Btw Pele said that Garrincha was the best player of all time, he also had a massive dong, lost his virginity to a goat, and was one of the greatest combination footballers / womanisers / drinkers of all time, yes even by modern day standards. Read this review of a biography of him on a Pope's O'Rangers' fan site:

Comment

You don't watch Messi enough if you've never seen him tracking back tbh, it's one of the things he's known for and often gets commented on on the La Liga coverage fwiw, it's part of Barcas overall system of pressing everybody when they're on the ball from the front up, it basically means everyone runs around like mad men off the ball, well everyone bar Ibra really. I doubt there's much in it work-rate wise, but there's no way to find any stats or anything to cover that so the argument is somewhat pointless.
                                                                                                                  I've seen lots of Messi, mainly for Barca and since he first got into the team. Messi drifts into midfield when the team defend, he doesn't do that much really. He does work very hard off the ball when Barca are on the attack. Xavi pulls the strings though and he makes things easier for Messi, Iniesta, Henry.

Its very hard to watch Ibra there, he has a job to do but Eto'o was better at that job imo. I think Ibra is a better footballer than Eto'o but not nearly as good a finisher.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                    i think we should get a taxi driver in to settle this debate.
                                                                                                                    Metalica SUCK.

hmm well maybe not them but some other nerdy stuff yer into , POKER, yeah POKER SUCKS.

Comment

Just spotted my mate in the crowd at the halfpipe I think.
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                          life is so much easier being white
                                                                                                                          racist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X