This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    I can't believe I agree with Ronnie Whelan on something he is 'punditing'.
    ya for once i agree with him too. Arsenals naivety cost them again. A shambles at the back. Fabianski is never gona cut it at the top.

Comment

whats the story with all this Pele love, most footballer back then were fat wastes of space, he scored a few goals, wtf, wouldnt be a first team regular at Everton now imo

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
        I have to feel sorry for tommygunne and lee_arama. bayerns last goal won me $360 from the both of them in the football threa.

Klose shouldnt even have been on the field plus he was miles offside anway. And Arsenal should have had a peno in the build up to Porto's second. The ref sure likes contraversy (same ref as ROI/France match if any of you didnt realise!

Good night for me, bad night for fabianski.

LOL Arsenal keepers
        This would never happen on boards, your banned there a million times over

Comment

I have to feel sorry for tommygunne and lee_arama. bayerns last goal won me $360 from the both of them in the football threa.

Klose shouldnt even have been on the field plus he was miles offside anway. And Arsenal should have had a peno in the build up to Porto's second. The ref sure likes contraversy (same ref as ROI/France match if any of you didnt realise!

LOL Arsenal keepers
          Fiorentina's sending off was also ridic!
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
            Messi > Rooney and it isn't even all that close, even though Messi doesn't play in England so is automatically awful. Rooneys been on fantastic form but even his best season ever is lesser than Ronaldos was at this stage statistically after the same amount of games for the same team. People need to calm down on the hype, if Rooney keeps up this form for another season or two we can start to talk about him as a best in the world contender and then as one of the best ever. To even put him in the same bracket as Pele is f-cking laughable at this stage.

Can't deny Portos two goals this week were absolutely hilarious, why does Wenger hate good goalkeeping so much?
            Messi and Rooney this season:

Rooney
            Apps - 33
            Goals - 25
            Assists - 6

Messi
            Apps - 31
            Goals - 23
            Assists - 9

Rooney on form. Messi just doing his thing. Messi > Rooney all day everyday.

Comment

Maybe the Messi hype should also calm down then as hes only in the middle of his third good season.
              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Messis been consistently one of the best players in the world since 05-06, though that season was marred a bit by injuries, this'd be his fifth season so...

Incidentially, for four seasons or so, Ronaldinho was better than them all
                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

LOL Arsenal keepers
                  Theres nothing like a good winner and you are nothing like a good winner

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                    Rooeny is nowhere near the class of Maradona and co. imo. Possibly if he keeps playing/improving like this season, but not yet thats for sure.
                    Can't agree with this at all but it's more to do with the context. In fairness Andrew how many times did you see Maradonna play? We all know he was a great player but most of us base that on word of mouth from other people.

I would say he is a great player and ive only ever seen 15 seconds of his career! (the England match goal)

I watch Rooney however week in week out an his workrate is imense. the game in general has also progressed since maradonna's time. Would a pele/maradonna be able to compete as good as they could back in the days? Im sure they could but i don't think they would be as far ahead of the other players. On that basis id go Rooney>Pele>Maradonna but obviously its hard to call having never played in the same era.

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                    This would never happen on boards, your banned there a million times over
                    Never been banned on there. Have one account about 2 years old with about 340 posts. lol at anyone still thinking im DBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                      Theres nothing like a good winner and you are nothing like a good winner

level? I said i feel sorry for them and went on to explain how i should have lost. here is what a post of a bad winner would have been....

loooool get in there bayern. Totally deserved that goal. All over them in last 5 mins. And also lol at Arsene Wenger giving of. Great thinking by Porto's players!!

Ship the $360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

.... Something like that

Comment

Chelsea have an ageing team, Man U have an ageing, Liverpool have no team - gotta love Dunphy..

Comment

tell it as it is eamonn........gotta love the Irish panel, they're brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                            Messi and Rooney this season:

Rooney
                            Apps - 33
                            Goals - 25
                            Assists - 6

Messi
                            Apps - 31
                            Goals - 23
                            Assists - 9

Rooney on form. Messi just doing his thing. Messi > Rooney all day everyday.
                            Messi is playing in a brillaint Barca team, at International level he has been average, whereas Rooney.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              Chelsea have an ageing team, Man U have an ageing, Liverpool have no team - gotta love Dunphy..
                              Chelsea have had that ageing team for a few years now and they still aren't ancient. Tis funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                Messi is playing in a brillaint Barca team, at International level he has been average, whereas Rooney.
                                Travelling miles and miles to play under a retarded Maradona isn't exactly inspiring.

Comment

Both are class players. Cant really compare them as messi is more of a winger. If i was asked which one i`d prefer in my team i dont think i`d be able to answer it

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Travelling miles and miles to play under a retarded Maradona isn't exactly inspiring.
                                    meh my point is made . I think Danny Diamonds post was spot on. Engerlnd better hope he doesn't get injured, he is maturing perfectly for them just now.

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
                                      Both are class players. Cant really compare them as messi is more of a winger. If i was asked which one i`d prefer in my team i dont think i`d be able to answer it
                                      Well at least you equate them. I do think Messi was top dog last season. He is still incredible, just bigging up Rooney to that level.

Comment

The only so called age'ing team from the top clubs in the world is AC Milan imo.

Fantastic names on a sheet of paper. Fantastic players about 3-5 years ago.

Comment

Can't agree with this at all but it's more to do with the context. In fairness Andrew how many times did you see Maradonna play? We all know he was a great player but most of us base that on word of mouth from other people.

I would say he is a great player and ive only ever seen 15 seconds of his career! (the England match goal)

I watch Rooney however week in week out an his workrate is imense. the game in general has also progressed since maradonna's time. Would a pele/maradonna be able to compete as good as they could back in the days? Im sure they could but i don't think they would be as far ahead of the other players. On that basis id go Rooney>Pele>Maradonna but obviously its hard to call having never played in the same era.

Never been banned on there. Have one account about 2 years old with about 340 posts. lol at anyone still thinking im DBC.
                                          True Maradona was before my time, but I have seen alot of him. Watched loads of different documeteries on him and world cups etc. Also a really good one on Aregentina and there world cup history, can't remember the name but was one of the better footy ones i've watched. Anyway basically what i'm trying to say was that unfortunately he was before my time but from what i've seen he was the best ever imo, and definitely the most natural tallent. In my time I think Zidane was the best I've seen, scary how much time he seemed to have on the ball, for such a creative player he never lost the ball.

lol @ Finkels comments, Pele just scored a few goals against fat people , ah thats all he did ye. Those 'fat people' were the best players in the world at the time and he was streets ahead of them. You can't compare the past players to now, it's pointless. You have to look at them in there era.

Comment

Messi is playing in a brillaint Barca team, at International level he has been average, whereas Rooney is a striker who's best season is about average for Messi who plays more in mid field
                                            fyp there. It's such a typical English tabloid media reactionary argument, nobody would have said this a couple of months back so based on a few months of good form he's now the best player in the world? I mean ffs, I know you don't like the word, but it's retarded. There's no other word. The argument is retarded.

Rooneys BEST EVER season so far is LESSER than Ronaldos best season for Man United, the same team, was after the same amount of games. Rooneys best ever seasons league form is 21 goals in 25 league games, Drogba has 17 in 21 this season, despite the fact that Rooney is Man Uniteds main goal thread whereas Chelsea's is more spread around. In other words, you can't even comprehensively claim he's the best striker in England, never mind the best player in the world*.

Messi, on the other hand, was the best player for the best club side in the world last year and has been again this year, and has been their best player since Ronaldinho's demise. Rooney can't even claim to have been Man Uniteds best player any season other than this one. Messi is leading La Liga in goals AND assists right now, even Rooneys best season ever isn't competing with Messi right now.

As for the Argentina argument, nobody plays well in that side, it's pretty much an impossibility.

I know Rooney is a world class player, and some people can't praise someone without going dramatically overboard and start putting him as one of the greatest of all time, but he's nowhere near. If he puts 2/3 seasons of consistently being the best player in the league, then you can talk about him like that. Whether he will or not, we'll see. Right now he's nowhere near being able to credibly claim being the best in the world.

*Though I know full well the distinction between England and the world is moot for some
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

hmm and Uniteds teams been weak the last few years ??

Comment

I think its wrong to say a player is good only because of the team around him. Messi is a STANDOUT player, rooney is a STANDOUT player, ronaldo was a standout player at UTD even with rooney there. The best thing that could have happened to rooney was ronaldo leaving imo for 2 reasons.

Number one IMO they didnt get on that well, rooney didnt celebrate alot of goals ronaldo scored, possibly spurned on by the world cup incident, and also ronaldos media attention/arrogence
                                                And number two was imo cause ronaldo took up the positions that rooney is taking up now, rooney was often played wide left/right to accomadate the striker. I remember a champions league game last season where ronaldo was playing as a striker, and rooney was forced to play left mid - simple because rooney has a worth ethic and ronaldo doesnt.

Rooney is having the season of his life, if he can continue this form consistently, there will be no doubt hes a special player - Hes already world class, and will "comparable" with players like ronaldo/messi/ronaldinho and when kaka was in his prime 2 or 3 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by nuxxx View Post
                                                  I think its wrong to say a player is good only because of the team around him. Messi is a STANDOUT player, rooney is a STANDOUT player, ronaldo was a standout player at UTD even with rooney there. The best thing that could have happened to rooney was ronaldo leaving imo for 2 reasons.

Number one IMO they didnt get on that well, rooney didnt celebrate alot of goals ronaldo scored, possibly spurned on by the world cup incident, and also ronaldos media attention/arrogence
                                                  And number two was imo cause ronaldo took up the positions that rooney is taking up now, rooney was often played wide left/right to accomadate the striker. I remember a champions league game last season where ronaldo was playing as a striker, and rooney was forced to play left mid - simple because rooney has a worth ethic and ronaldo doesnt.

Rooney is having the season of his life, if he can continue this form consistently, there will be no doubt hes a special player - Hes already world class, and will "comparable" with players like ronaldo/messi/ronaldinho and when kaka was in his prime 2 or 3 years ago
                                                  Yeah I think this is pretty much spot on.

Comment

hmm and Uniteds teams been weak the last few years ??
                                                    no point in debating further we have differing views. I've seem them all play. Rooney does it at International level , pele Maradona have also. messi hasn't, so whilst I refuse to diss a player like messi on that basis as he can be incredible, I content that Rooney is up there amongst the greatest. my grandad raved about Duncan Edwards and later Greaves but all ahead of my time. I was a Cryuff fan as a kid.

Anyway SOLSKJAER was the greatest ever IMO

and Sledgehamer et all, Rooney was brillaint for England last season as well as propping up Ronaldo on his off days.

Comment

What has Rooney 'done' at international level that is REMOTELY comparable to Maradona and Pele in the name of god!? He hasn't been remotely close being the best player at a big international tournament. In fact by your own argument Rooney can't be compared to those players, but also by having a hint of common sense, not being incredibly biased, you could see he couldn't be.

Comment

fyp there. It's such a typical English tabloid media reactionary argument, nobody would have said this a couple of months back so based on a few months of good form he's now the best player in the world? I mean ffs, I know you don't like the word, but it's retarded. There's no other word. The argument is retarded.

Rooneys BEST EVER season so far is LESSER than Ronaldos best season for Man United, the same team, was after the same amount of games. Rooneys best ever seasons league form is 21 goals in 25 league games, Drogba has 17 in 21 this season, despite the fact that Rooney is Man Uniteds main goal thread whereas Chelsea's is more spread around. In other words, you can't even comprehensively claim he's the best striker in England, never mind the best player in the world*.

Messi, on the other hand, was the best player for the best club side in the world last year and has been again this year, and has been their best player since Ronaldinho's demise. Rooney can't even claim to have been Man Uniteds best player any season other than this one. Messi is leading La Liga in goals AND assists right now, even Rooneys best season ever isn't competing with Messi right now.

As for the Argentina argument, nobody plays well in that side, it's pretty much an impossibility.

I know Rooney is a world class player, and some people can't praise someone without going dramatically overboard and start putting him as one of the greatest of all time, but he's nowhere near. If he puts 2/3 seasons of consistently being the best player in the league, then you can talk about him like that. Whether he will or not, we'll see. Right now he's nowhere near being able to credibly claim being the best in the world.

*Though I know full well the distinction between England and the world is moot for some
                                                        There is nothing wrong with being the debatable second best in your team when Ronaldo is there scoring more goals than anyone else in Europe.

Messi's best season was 23 league goals, where are all these magic seasons you are talking about, and hes in the best team by a mile getting all the possession and chances in the world. This year and last year he scored a bunch, before that his record was nothing to write home about.
                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

You can't compare the past players to now, it's pointless. You have to look at them in there era.
                                                          True, which is exactly why we will never know 100%. But it is why i would give a slight edge to Rooney as it's clear the game's pace has become alot higher since then. I personally think a world class player from now-adays would destroy a 70s/80s team.

I still think Rooney has alot to prove tho as he has only really fully came into the spotlight this year as being one of the best. I see a few people talking about C.Ronaldo. IMO he doesnt rate anywhere near the top. he had a great last season with United but apart from that i don't think he comes anywhere near the likes of Brazil's Ronaldo, Rooney etc etc.

Definitely also agree with people who are saying Messi>Rooney.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                            There is nothing wrong with being the debatable second best in your team when Ronaldo is there scoring more goals than anyone else in Europe.

Messi's best season was 23 league goals, where are all these magic seasons you are talking about, and hes in the best team by a mile getting all the possession and chances in the world. This year and last year he scored a bunch, before that his record was nothing to write home about.
                                                            Yes but Messi isn't a striker, yet still has a better goal scoring record.

On the international level record, Solksjaer, answer me this, is David Villa up there with Pele? As if Rooney is, Villa sure as hell is.

International goal records...Rooney, played 57 scored 25. Won - Nothing.

David Villa, 36 in 54, a better goal rate. Won - Euro 2008, finished as top goal scorer.

For 'doing it' on international level, if Rooney = Pele than Villa sh-ts all over him, no?

Comment

Id watch Rooney all day and as good as he is ive never seen him marked by 6 players
                                                              with the 6 players shitting themselves

World Cup 1982

Comment

What has Rooney 'done' at international level that is REMOTELY comparable to Maradona and Pele in the name of god!? He hasn't been remotely close being the best player at a big international tournament. In fact by your own argument Rooney can't be compared to those players, but also by having a hint of common sense, not being incredibly biased, you could see he couldn't be.
                                                                How can you blame Rooney for England not winning things? For god's sake man that's like saying Gerrard is not a great player because Liverpool haven't won the premiership.

It's not his fault the rest of the team haven't preformed.

Comment

How can you blame Rooney for England not winning things? For god's sake man that's like saying Gerrard is not a great player because Liverpool haven't won the premiership.

It's not his fault the rest of the team haven't preformed.
                                                                  I blame him on nothing, but Solksjaer said he 'done it' at international level like Maradona and Pele. Which to me is like saying B*Witched 'done it' in the music industry like The Beatles.

Comment

True, which is exactly why we will never know 100%. But it is why i would give a slight edge to Rooney as it's clear the game's pace has become alot higher since then. I personally think a world class player from now-adays would destroy a 70s/80s team.

I still think Rooney has alot to prove tho as he has only really fully came into the spotlight this year as being one of the best. I see a few people talking about C.Ronaldo. IMO he doesnt rate anywhere near the top. he had a great last season with United but apart from that i don't think he comes anywhere near the likes of Brazil's Ronaldo, Rooney etc etc.

Definitely also agree with people who are saying Messi>Rooney.
                                                                    Of course any top pro would destroy a team from 70's/80's due to strength/speed/fitness improvements over recent years but if you gave pele,Best etc todays training they would still rise to the top

Comment

Pretty weak and short sighted argumant using Messi's international lack of success to somehow propel Rooney higher than him.

David Villa is often overlooked in these argumant because he doesn't play regularly in the champions league or isn't within the premiership bubble that so many base they're whole football knowledge on and then go making crazy remarks on whose the best player in the world.

Anyway Villa has a goal scoring record both at club level and internationally that blows Rooney out of the water and he's been doing it regularly since 05.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

chill pill there ol chap. youtube is your friend.

Comment

chill pill there ol chap. youtube is your friend.
                                                                          You'll have to link me to Rooney single handedly winning a world cup or destroyig the best teams in the world cup as a teenager, winning the tournament, because I must have missed it

Comment

You'll have to link me to Rooney single handedly winning a world cup or destroyig the best teams in the world cup as a teenager, winning the tournament, because I must have missed it
                                                                            what you MISSED was me saying maradona was a cut above everyone else, what you MISSED was me equating Eooney to the best of the rest It's quite simple, I can play ping pong all night between yesteryear and today but what's the point we disagree, just sit back see see over the next while how right I am. good night, now where are the rashers.

Comment

So in your view Maradona > Rooney > everyone else?

I shouldn't let such woeful opinions bother me so much over trivial issues but I just can't help it. I also don't even see how you can argue Rooney is better than Villa based on what you said above, never mind the rest.

Comment

Yes but Messi isn't a striker, yet still has a better goal scoring record.
                                                                                Hes a "forward" same as Rooney.

I see a few people talking about C.Ronaldo. IMO he doesnt rate anywhere near the top. he had a great last season with United but apart from that i don't think he comes anywhere near the likes of Brazil's Ronaldo, Rooney etc etc.
                                                                                Ronaldo is a goal scoring machine 26, 42 and 23 in his last 3 season with Utd and 17 in 18 this season for Madrid, hes top drawer and anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

David Villa is also a goalscoring machine, best finisher in the world imo.

Comment

So in your view Maradona > Rooney > everyone else?

I shouldn't let such woeful opinions bother me so much over trivial issues but I just can't help it. I also don't even see how you can argue Rooney is better than Villa based on what you said above, never mind the rest.
                                                                                  basic maths, equate doesn't mean >

Comment

Idea for site

How about A football thread that only opens for a few hours after Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal matches and is locked the rest of the time

Comment

basic maths, equate doesn't mean >
                                                                                      Best of the rest implies, well, that he's the best of the rest, no? Either way if he's not even the best player in the world now it's a moot point.

Comment

Original ad:
                                                                                        **** Disguisable weapons wanted ****
                                                                                        Wanted: hidden blades, belt buckle knives, cane swords, etc.....
                                                                                        Offering: cash, items for barter

From Me to **********@***********.org:

Hey,

I saw your ad looking for concealable/disguised weapons. I have several fine-crafted items you may be interested in. Respond if you are interested and I will send you pictures and prices.

Thanks,

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

I am. lets see what you got.

From Me to Jeff ******:

Jeff,

Here you go:

Looks like a normal spoon, right?

Wrong. It is actually a deadly 2.5" half-smooth, half-serrated knife with tactical grip. One minute you are enjoying a bowl of cereal, and the next you are fighting off attackers with this deadly and disguised weapon.

I am asking $50 for the blade. Let me know if you want to stop by and take a look at it.

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

that is stupid as hell and looks like crap. unless you have anything better to offer, dont waste my time.

From Me to Jeff ******:

Jeff,

I am sorry you feel that way about the spoon blade. I do have some other weapons that I think you will feel differently about.

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

fine. but if it is another knife duct taped to a spoon then you can fuck off.

From Me to Jeff ******:

Jeff,

Thank you for re-considering. Here are three quality disguised weapons that I think you will love:

At first glance, this looks like a normal party cup. However, if you look close enough, you will see that it is really a fully automatic Glock 18C. You will be able to pour your enemies a nice warm cup of lead with this fine purchase. Asking $900 for the gun/cup combo.

Still thirsty for justice? Try this badass M16A2 disguised as a 24-pack of soda. The box has two finely crafted holes on each side to allow for any kind of optics (not included) that you wish to attach. This weapon is only for sale if you have a Class III permit.

This cleverly disguised weapon may look like a tissue box, but is actually a Benelli M3 12 gauge shotgun disguised as a tissue box. The ultra-soft quilted tissues serve as a comfortable grip on the pump-action shotgun. Also, if you find yourself sneezing during the heat of combat, you will have a handy tissue box ready for action. Asking $1500 for the weapon. Additional tissue boxes are an extra $5 per box.

Let me know if you want any of these items.

Thanks,

Mike

From Jeff ****** to Me:

youre a fucking dumbass, shitbrained, asswipe, retarded dipshit. you prob walk around with that shit too you dumb mother fucker. I hope you get hit by a car. fuck off, eat shit, and die

Comment

Ahahahaha absolute lol!
                                                                                          Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                            Original ad:
                                                                                            **** Disguisable weapons wanted ****
                                                                                            When is the book coming out?

*Looper btw!
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 17-02-10, 23:17. Reason: *

Comment

One of my favs

Original ad:
                                                                                              I need someone who owns or has access to a pipe camera to inspect a sewer drain that runs from my house to a creek behind my house.. I constantly have to snake out the drain and need to see what is causing the clog. The pipe is about 50 feet long. Thanks!!

From Me to **********@************.org:

Hello,

Are you still looking for someone to inspect your sewage pipe?

Mike

From Ben ****** to Me:

Yes I am...do you have a pipe camera?

From Me to Ben ******:

Ben,

I don't have a pipe camera, but I do believe I have the means to help you. I am a little person (3 foot 2 inches) and think I would be able to fit down the pipe. I will not only find the problem, but I might even be able to fix it. I will gladly do this for $150 compensation.

Mike

From Ben ****** to Me:

You get stuck in the pipe and then I have a real problem.. No thanks.

From Me to Ben ******:

Ben,

I promise I will not get stuck in your pipe. I have done similar jobs for a contractor and have had nothing but positive results. If you are concerned about me getting stuck, I can bring a tub of olive oil and cover myself in it so I will not stick to anything.

Mike

From Ben ****** to Me:

No. The ad was for a pipe camera guy...NO MIDGETS

From Me to Ben ******:

Ben,

First off, we prefer to be called "little people," not "midgets." I thought your ad was simply looking for a solution to your problem, not specifically a pipe camera operator. Us little people have to deal with jerks like you all of the time, and it is very discouraging. Perhaps you should change your ad to express your hatred for little people. That way you will not waste the time of any other potential little person plumbers.

Mike

From Ben ****** to Me:

I'm wasting your time huh... You're wasting my time you stupid little fucker...the last thing I need is a damn midget clogging my drain. Thats right you're a MIDGET not a little person. You midgets are so touchy!

From Me to Ben ******:

Ben,

I am going to have to report your ad for being discriminating against little people, and for you being plain mean and hurtful. Just because we have little bodies does not mean that we have little feelings. Maybe next time you will be more considerate.

Mike

From Ben ****** to Me:

Go ahead you fucking midget! Hey guess what. You can come over here and suck my dick and you dont even have to sit down to do it! hahahaha!!!

Comment

durrrr and isildur back it at the moment

edit: 5 min break

Comment

watching them now

durr has left all tables?
                                                                                                  Last edited by BrianByrne; 17-02-10, 23:28.
                                                                                                  Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                                    where? table id?!
                                                                                                    FTP 200/400 NLHE 4 tables

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                      durrrr and isildur back it at the moment

edit: 5 min break
                                                                                                      How'd the rematch with Hastings go?

Comment

How'd the rematch with Hastings go?
                                                                                                        Think isi was up 500k

Comment

Phil Babbs best comeback since Russia v Ireland in 2002, he'll probably take the rest of Dwans roll off him

Comment

Durrrr said he had to go do something for a 5 mins and just now he left all 4 tables with no chat.

Comment

Is anyone watching the halfpipe on the BBC. The worst co-commentator of all time is doing it.
                                                                                                              She doesn't add anything, just goes uh huh, laughs and agrees wit hthe main guy.

She is like the commentating equivalent of that guy who lives on the soccer forum spiritoftheseventies. Just makes some inane pointless comment just to let everyone know they are still around.
                                                                                                              Still, enjoyable stuff. I love watching these sports. Once every 4 years is just the right amount to see them without getting bored.

Comment

BEAT: told by colleague at work that we have no hope of avoiding 3 day week, possibly week on week off. still no word from head office so don't know when/for how long, just that soon, I'm going to be broke.
                                                                                                                GF texts to tell me "we need to talk" next week.

f u c k
                                                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Not suitable for the weak of stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                                                    Of course any top pro would destroy a team from 70's/80's due to strength/speed/fitness improvements over recent years but if you gave pele,Best etc todays training they would still rise to the top
                                                                                                                    This... it really is very simple IMO you compare the players to their contemporary peers, not to what some random Bolton player is like. If Maradona/Pele/Cryuff/Best/etc. etc. played with the current dietary regimes, training schedules, levels of professionalism, support from clubs etc. they'd be the same equivalent level today that they were then...

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Not suitable for the weak of stomach.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b21_1186385877
                                                                                                                        Won't work for me. I keep pressing play bit nothing happens

Comment

Has to be said, Rooney could have never realised any of his potential if he hadnt moved under Fergusons Guidance. He matured at a fantastic rate under Ferguson, when he could have easily turned into a Robbie Keane/fat gazza combo.
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X