This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Yea the bastards in the passport office have it back to normal service i.e. two weeks at outrageous cost to the state of something that should be run at a profit. They collected €1.74m in 'overtime' as a bonus for causing untold problems for people and costing hundreds of jobs.
    ahh good, back to normal then

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      then why do you need to express it send it in and just forget about it, its like a watched pot, your passport will never boil!

why not express it
      if i don't i will probably forget about it, it won't come back , i will book a holiday or something ,arrive at the airport and no passport

fuck'em they are well capable of doing it. see strewlpeters post above only took 2 weeks to clear the backlog, yet they caused untold mayhem and left people waiting for months for badly needed/emergency passports.

no its best to play it safer and get the passport now while there is a lull before the budget
      Last edited by Angry-Ball; 11-10-10, 11:44.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        why not express it

There is no value in using the express service for your situation.
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
          why not express it
          if i don't i will probably forget about it, it won't come back , i will book a holiday or something ,arrive at the airport and no passport

fuck'em they are well capable of doing it. see strewlpeters post above only took 2 weeks to clear the backlog, yet they caused untold mayhem and left people waiting for months for badly needed/emergency passports.

no its best to play it safer and get the passport now while there is a lull before the budget
          Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          There is no value in using the express service for your situation.
          Agree with the above your only paying to jump the que, and really you dont need to jump it, just write it down on a caldender for a couple of weeks time to remind yourself easy game! screw the goverment a little bit for all the fcuking you they have been doing!!

Comment

The Social Network:

I had seen the trailer for this film and had been looking forward to it, but was nonetheless apprehensive because it was big budget Hollywood production and a part biopic (and I hate biopics). However, when the title sequence kicked in after a few minutes I saw that David Fincher was the director - a fact I had no notion of before seeing it on the screen. And I was comforted.

SPOILER
            Accepting that there are dark shades to the facebook story in terms of the motivations and actions of its principal creator and the social reasons that make it such a phenomenon; the simple fact that no - one comes to real bodily harm at any point in the film (or is in danger of the same) makes this quite a departure for Fincher. The first thing that will jump out is the numerous funny moments, and they are all deftly handled and integrated into the wider film as a whole. At first, the flashback narrative structure is a little jarring, but it actually works really well as things progress. There are plenty of neat camera shots and clever jumps to and from different settings and elements of the story. The lead performance from Eisenberg is exceptional, and the supporting cast (including Timberlake) do fine. As such, this film is made to a very high standard - and being able to say that removes any doubt about offering a recommendation to go see it. The basic story underpinning the project is genuinely fascinating and highly relevant. Interacting to some extent with your social circle through facebook has become such a staple of our generation's (and ever more so for other generations!!) lives. That the idea did not form until the end of 2003 is mind blowing. And the fact that the world changing website was developed by an undergrad with no ability to contextualise the significance of his work is truly humbling.

Restrepo:

I'm not going to spoiler this - it's a hands on documentary of American soldiers fighting in one of the most dangerous parts of Afghanistan, interspersed with in depth interviews recorded after they got back from the front. If you're looking for a sweeping big issue take on why the US are in Afghanistan and the rights and wrongs of American foreign policy - give this a miss. If you would rather an incredible window into what is actually involved on the frontline of the "War on Terror", and an idea of the insane physical and emotional demands placed on soldiers in such environments this is your film. I came out of the cinema ever more firmly in the 'that is a stupid war that will never be won' camp, but the great thing about Restrepo is that it allows you the space to reach such a conclusion. It isn't forced down your throat. Well worth a look.
            Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 11-10-10, 11:57.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

have an interview at half two for a good job.
              hope i run good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                have an interview at half two for a good job.
                hope i run good.
                Good luck Eshan!

Comment

I honest to god think that the whole facebook thing is way overrated, remember when bebo was the siht i honestly belive that facebook will go the same way and another new type of social network will open up, like it has for the last couple of decades

Comment

I honest to god think that the whole facebook thing is way overrated, remember when bebo was the siht i honestly belive that facebook will go the same way and another new type of social network will open up, like it has for the last couple of decades
                    bebo really never was "the shit". It was a terrible social network for dummies, that of course the Irish embraced with open arms. It was a mess, and the main reason Bebo failed was they couldnt clean up the sprawl they'd created by adding features at random, instead of a long term plan.
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I agreed to a certain extent; I don't think the market capitalisation that the most recent stock sales equate to are grounded in reality at all, they vastly overvalue the company I think! I think trying to monetise Facebook will be MUCH more difficult than the challenges Google faced when trying to match its early VC expectations.

That said, we probably haven't seen anything from Facebook yet in terms of its potential and it is a totally different beast compared to Bebo or Myspace, both of which were like kryptonite to users over the age of 21 I think, they looked dreadfully childish! Facebook at least looks crisp and clean!

Comment

Anyone think there is a IPB serial Killer???

MIA

Hornswaggle
                        Gimmeabreak
                        Brianbyrne
                        Hectorjelly

(all of the top of my head)

anyone else think it's loyld?????
                        add whyno to the list aswell, hasn't been online since july and was on almost every day.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                          add whyno to the list aswell, hasn't been online since july and was on almost every day.
                          Damn you Lyold will your trust for blood never end! Alass Chips1234, ths Whyno, i knew him well, where be your jibs now sir

Comment

Eagle Eye was supposed to start WW today and never turned up.

Lloyd,have you killed any regs?
                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

could be a werewolf copycat killer...
                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I predict(??) that the next big social network will be in about 5-7 years
                                and it will be, people turning off the pc's and going outside, to the pub and such, talking to strangers and other related madness

well seeing as Im thinking about getting into the pub game when its dying on its arse

I hope the next big social network will be in about 5-7 years
                                and it will be, people turning off the pc's and going outside, to the pub and such, talking to strangers and other related madness

history is circular, much like biking holidays

Comment

Facebook is in a different stratosphere though in terms of size. I'm going by wiki here, but apparently one in 14 people in the world have a Facebook profile.

It's also blocked in several countries including China, Pakistan and Iran, which have a combined population of over 1.5 billion.

When we consider that a significant chunk of the world are too poor to eat on a regular basis, let alone own a computer with an internet connection, the percentage of Facebook users compared to people with a computer that can access the internet and Facebook is a lot higher than 1 in 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                    Eagle Eye was supposed to start WW today and never turned up.
                                    I'm still eagerly awaiting his answers to his sheep poker game.

Comment

Theres also The Curse of The Werewolf, with Sideshowbob and Luckmode not having posted since the conclusion of a Werewolf game months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        Theres also The Curse of The Werewolf, with Sideshowbob and Luckmode not having posted since the conclusion of a Werewolf game months ago.
                                        pretty sure 2 of them are DBC.

on another note how cool is over betting - its just so much fun

Comment

Ahh come on Lyold this is getting a bit much, its ok to kill cork people, but luckmode.... wait where's he from again??

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                            iri$hkelt & FMWT also on the missing list

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                              FMWT and BrianByrne work for the voodoo so that would explain them not posting

Comment

And that Howard Finkel always seems to go missing from the Werewolf threads after day 1.

Comment

Jesus Christ,get out of the house now Tony.
                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

From the bottom, whois viewing now...

RasTa, The_Chopper, ghostface ste, Blured, pgodkin, TrEMOlo1, sligboi, ionapaul, Gimmeabreak, The C Kid, BlkScholes55, carlop, dinjo99
                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Anyone else think it Would be awesome if there was a IPB serial killer murdering regs.

My moneys on Ste05.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                        Facebook is in a different stratosphere though in terms of size. I'm going by wiki here, but apparently one in 14 people in the world have a Facebook profile.

It's also blocked in several countries including China, Pakistan and Iran, which have a combined population of over 1.5 billion.

When we consider that a significant chunk of the world are too poor to eat on a regular basis, let alone own a computer with an internet connection, the percentage of Facebook users compared to people with a computer that can access the internet and Facebook is a lot higher than 1 in 14.
                                                        Yeah i dont argue with the size of it, or what they are doing with it but i just think it will fall on either fall on its face or evolve into something more! In fairness it has everything except chat roulette! but something else will come along it always does!

Comment

Wow They killed Noel and took over his account. Identity theft ftw

Comment

All hail The Little Master

14,000 test runs and still going strong. Respect.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

unlike most of you decaying decrepit lot in here, I am feeling very salubrious. I may even do a skip as I walk to my car. I expect though that this being the BBV I will no doubt land on a nail and spend the rest of the week swapping my crutch between hands forgetting which one gives me optimal relief and balance

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOur8qXvpnk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

o god lyold must have beaten noel for his password to his IPB account in order to offer Freerolls to lure unsuspecting regs to there doom! you Monster Lyold

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                    Wow They killed Noel and took over his account. Identity theft ftw
                                                                    BCB is alive

Comment

Played a local club game last night..everyone plays so LOOSE!! I got it in 20 big blinds deep with AJcc on an AdKs3d flop against Q7dd when I had raised utg..I mean how can anyone call an utg raise with Q7 and get it in with a bloody naked Flushdraw!?! Everyone plays so LOOSE!!

SPOILER
                                                                      Joke, calm down
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Someone needs to teach pgodkin how to spell Lloyd, it's getting out of hand now

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                          unlike most of you decaying decrepit lot in here, I am feeling very salubrious. I may even do a skip as I walk to my car. I expect though that this being the BBV I will no doubt land on a nail and spend the rest of the week swapping my crutch between hands forgetting which one gives me optimal relief and balance
                                                                          I read that initially as 'swapping my crotch between hands' and lolled to myself thinking 'ah yeah, only married a wet week and he's taken to the wanking like a madman!'

I really need to get out more

Comment

Thats just the killer hacking accounts to avert suspicion

it all fits
                                                                            interest in films about death
                                                                            self proclaimed "Voice of reason"

I vote Lloyd's tag line gets changed to "godless killing machine"

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              Ghay tag line needed Sligboi wants to see tony naked

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                Jesus Christ,get out of the house now Tony.
                                                                                Can't, i've only 1 good leg...and i'm playing the pokers. I'll just take my chances!

Comment

They are releasing an uncut version of SAW. I heard it's a lot tamer

Comment

Can't, i've only 1 good leg...and i'm playing the pokers. I'll just take my chances!
                                                                                    degan

Comment

Played a local club game last night..everyone plays so LOOSE!! I got it in 20 big blinds deep with AJcc on an AdKs3d flop against Q7dd when I had raised utg..I mean how can anyone call an utg raise with Q7 and get it in with a bloody naked Flushdraw!?! Everyone plays so LOOSE!!

SPOILER
                                                                                      Joke, calm down
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      Here you go

SPOILER

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                        Joke, calm down
                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                        Smart Ass!
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Jaysus Willie

How about a personal Last Longest between me and you at the IPO, winner gets to choose losers avatar and signature for 2 weeks

Comment

degan
                                                                                            Wtf is a degan? Someone who can't eat Diaries?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              I read that initially as 'swapping my crotch between hands' and lolled to myself thinking 'ah yeah, only married a wet week and he's taken to the wanking like a madman!'

I really need to get out more
                                                                                              Solskjaer: I call my left hand "The Stranger"
                                                                                              RDIII: why do you keep telling me this stuff???
                                                                                              Solskjaer: Because after i finish with Lyold, you next!

Comment

degan
                                                                                                Your doing all this on purpose ain't ya.

Comment

Jaysus Willie

How about a personal Last Longest between me and you at the IPO, winner gets to choose losers avatar and signature for 2 weeks
                                                                                                  can't we just fight in the bar?

Comment

Solskjaer: I call my left hand "The Stranger"
                                                                                                    RDIII: why do you keep telling me this stuff???
                                                                                                    Solskjaer: Because after i finish with Lyold, you next!
                                                                                                    It's Lloyd

Comment

Here you go

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Jesus tony, you dont let a bad leg get in the way of your modelling whatever you do, you have a gift!

Comment

We can do that aswell but i don't wanna get in trouble for abusing the elderly

Comment

Jaysus Willie

Loser has to wear the county jersey of the winners county in the bar for pints. Im doing this with another IPB'r. losing is not an option

Comment

Well not even the cruelest of cops who arrest a man in a coma.

Comment

think he used to play for liverpool ???

Comment

Can we get Iain to stream this?

Comment

A Degan is a shyte fullback who you sign to make your 17million shyte fullback look good in training

It's Lloyd
                                                                                                                  Finkel is gone!
                                                                                                                  SPOILER

Lloyd has clearly done him in and hacked his account

im going out, gonna have my eyes peeled for dodgy looking types following me with a copy of Ulysses under their arm

*come to think of it, KEV has been very quite about all his customers getting killed off, maybe he is framing Lloyd

eyes will also be peeled for someone following me while eating a blahh
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 11-10-10, 13:15. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                                    Can we get Iain to stream this?
                                                                                                                    I'll stream it, you will have to fish him out though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      Loser has to wear the county jersey of the winners county in the bar for pints. Im doing this with another IPB'r. losing is not an option
                                                                                                                      Needs to be more humiliating

Well not even the cruelest of cops who arrest a man in a coma.
                                                                                                                      Pistols at dawn it is so

Comment

It's Lloyd
                                                                                                                        i think I might add loyld to the swear filter so he can't spell it like that anymore.

Comment

Yeah it's definitely missing a cutting edge!
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X