This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Any doctors in the house? I stood on a rock and went over on my foot yesterday about 2pm. Unbearable pain for a few hours and it's still really sore and swelling a bit. The skins really tight and my little toe feels a bit weird. It's not really my ankle thats sore, but my instep and i can't really bend it. It's pretty red and bruised along the side.

Should i take a trip to A+E tomorrow or just bandage it up and take some anti-inflamitaries. Doesn't feel broke so i reckons it could be ligaments or tendons.

SPOILER

Its probably ankle ligaments - real nasty bastard of an injury. I have done mine a few times before. The damage looks to be exactly where the ligaments tend to give. Keep icing/resting and go to a physio imo. It will probably swell up for after any activity for the next 3 months btw.

Are you getting a numb/tickling feeling in your toe?
    If you are its prob some one tickling it. My guess is MrsFlushDraw. But seriously, it could be nerve damage - even more reason ot get it checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      That's brilliant, thanks for posting.

Comment

Well off to bed anyways. You're meant to let it breath at night or leave it bandaged? Think i will take a trip to docs in the morn. It feels pretty warm atm
        dont bother with the doctor Tony

its very hard to give a diagnosis on it until the swelling goes down on it so "Raise Ice Compress Elevate" is the best for it for the mean time

also lol at frost bite! you shouldnt have it on for 2 hours in a row. Ice it ever hour for 15 mins or so (for the first two days)

I wouldnt bother with strapping on it unless you have to walk on it. Also, get your hands on 1 crutch might alleviate some of the pain. when using the crutch - use it in the hand which is OPPOSITE to the foot you hurt

4 days later, just go to a physio. 50E for a consultation if its still killing you. Skip the doctors
        Ankles are the worse, itll get all bruised next, but sometimes looks alot worse than it is
        GAA News Website

Comment

Flushdraw, simple solution, completely DIY:

SPOILER

+

lots of
          SPOILER

Comment

If its a fracture from tripping on a pebble I think the mods should step in and change Flushdraw to Bottompairdraw

Comment

cut your toe nails imo

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpVLlnQ08OA[/ame]
                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  Is anybody else addicted to cleaning their ears with cotton buds?that is some good shit.

Please don't reply with "dont put anything smaller then your elbow in your ear" either.I know it's dangerous,that's one of the reasons I do it you see,I'm a rebel like that.
                  You see posts like this makes me wonder about your tagline!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                    You see posts like this makes me wonder about your tagline!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                      How come you never got as much shit for having your "I like strong black men" sig?
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

How come you never got as much shit for having your "I like strong black men" sig?
                        I'd probably abuse them but you will have banter about your situation. That's a honest answer as I am too tired/sick to think of something smartarsed.

Comment

Jesus,is there anyone in good health on this forum at all?

Comment

well come to think about it my aids is really acting up this morning!

I mean they havent brought me my coffee or anything!!

Comment

It is hard when diseased folk cough on you alot. Gimps.

Comment

well come to think about it my aids is really acting up this morning!

I mean they havent brought me my coffee or anything!!
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Get your hoop last night Icarus?

Comment

Suffering with a seriou case of man flu
                                    I wanna go home
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Quality try imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eYPkVjs9oU[/ame]

Comment

I've skinny feet

SPOILER
                                        Shouldn't your 'Big' toe be the biggest toe on your foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                          It isn't for alot of people.

Comment

That's fuckuing ridiculus!

EDIT: I was talking about the try.

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                              That's fuckuing ridiculus!

EDIT: I was talking about the try.
                                              me too, unreal handling in the midfield, BOD would have been proud of that one
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                Get your hoop last night Icarus?
                                                Oooooo,Matron!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0J9FdN8oqA[/ame]

Comment

It isn't for alot of people.
                                                  Can anyone else confirm this.

Comment

Username PaulGogartyTD has been contributing a lot on boards.ie over the weekend, and is doing a 'well' on Wednesday.

Actually good to see a politician getting involved in a medium like this.

Comment

Define 'bigger'

If you mean longer then yes my second toe is longer than my big toe
                                                      If you mean fatter, then no thats just too shreklike

Comment

Oooooo,Matron!
                                                        what's the story with your new tagline there Icarus?

have you been caught in a closet with Boy George, Donal Og Cusack and second-row forwards everywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Username PaulGogartyTD has been contributing a lot on boards.ie over the weekend, and is doing a 'well' on Wednesday.

Actually good to see a politician getting involved in a medium like this.
                                                          GoGo is clinically insane imo

Comment

Graffiti artist Banksy has done an opening credits sequence for the Simpsons..
                                                            very dark!
                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX1iplQQJTo[/ame]
                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                              me too, unreal handling in the midfield, BOD would have been proud of that one
                                                              The BOD Sexton loop on Saturday was pretty damn wonderful too

Comment

Off to sit this in an hour. Looks like fun!

Comment

Any doctors in the house? I stood on a rock and went over on my foot yesterday about 2pm. Unbearable pain for a few hours and it's still really sore and swelling a bit. The skins really tight and my little toe feels a bit weird. It's not really my ankle thats sore, but my instep and i can't really bend it. It's pretty red and bruised along the side.

Should i take a trip to A+E tomorrow or just bandage it up and take some anti-inflamitaries. Doesn't feel broke so i reckons it could be ligaments or tendons.

SPOILER

Hi Tony,

Ok first of all what the lads have said is mostly right as in for the next 24 - 48 hours just rest, ice, use a compression bandage at all times except when your asleep and elevate the ankle.

Its more then likely just an ankle sprain but there are certain things I would be worried about. That "weird" feeling in your little toe is one of a couple of things

1. you have an avulsion fracture (worst case)
                                                                  2. you are after straining your peroneal tendon (not too bad just takes awhile to heal)
                                                                  3. the swelling in your ankle is putting pressure on the peroneal nerve (best case)

Anyway in 80% of cases I wouldnt send someone to the doc with an ankle sprain but because you mentioned the weird feeling I would def go for an x - ray to get it checked out. (more to out rule the worst case scenario)

Comment

have you been caught in a closet with Boy George, Donal Og Cusack and second-row forwards everywhere?
                                                                    No,yes and yes.

Kev! you'll pay for this!

Comment

Anybody know how to find out what your eflow user id is? I really don't want to be stuck on the phone to these people.
                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

live sats for the IWF in Dublin over the next week and a half pls?

I know there's the customary supersat the night before, any others?

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                          I wouldnt bother with strapping on it unless you have to walk on it. Also, get your hands on 1 crutch might alleviate some of the pain. when using the crutch - use it in the hand which is OPPOSITE to the foot you hurt
                                                                          Cheers for the advice lads. Toes seems to be normal this morning. My calf and shin seem a little tense this morning tho

Stupid question time...why do you use the crutch on the opposite side? Are we not trying to take as much pressure off the injured side? I saw a bloke a few weeks ago coming up a hill with a strapped ankle and one crutch, and i was thinking "Use the other hand you idiot!"

Comment

Second toe is longer for me, but far thinner than the big toe.
                                                                            live sats for the IWF in Dublin over the next week and a half pls?

I know there's the customary supersat the night before, any others?
                                                                            The fitz has one on Sunday nights. Got nearly 3 tickets last night. The jackpot had 2 guaranteed on Saturday night and there was an overlay in it. I dint know if that's a regular sat though.

Comment

Cheers for the advice lads. Toes seems to be normal this morning. My calf and shin seem a little tense this morning tho

Stupid question time...why do you use the crutch on the opposite side? Are we not trying to take as much pressure off the injured side? I saw a bloke a few weeks ago coming up a hill with a strapped ankle and one crutch, and i was thinking "Use the other hand you idiot!"
                                                                              2 crutches are used for weight bearing (what you should be using)
                                                                              1 crutch is used more for balance than weight bearing

the reason that 1 crutch is on the opposite side is because the fulcrum of the injured limb is your hip. If you hold the crutch in the opposite hand it creates a longer leaver which helps to distribute the weight better and maintain your balance. the crutch and injured limb move in unison

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                New thanks button a couple of the skins as a trial at least. Imagination Dark Blue has it for those on others that want to see it in action.
                                                                                Brilliant well done on the new thanks button.
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just found this new picture of Icarus, suits his new tagline imo

Comment

SPOILER

Not getting it seen to because of the IWF SuperSat last night lol and worried today as I chatted to Dr today and they said come down as they charge 45e and if they refer to A&E all other costs covered.

Despite MrsF telling me to take it easy, i've been hobbling around on it for the last day or so. I wasn't manning anything up when it happened..i thought i snapped my foot off!

Had some ice thingies on it for a couple of hours but thought i was getitng frost bite so took it off! Will see whats its like in the morn and maybe just take a day off doing anything and see what it's like with some tlc. Cheers lads

Mine way longer than big toe, in fact my 3rd toe is a bit longer too!

Comment

I didn't see the papers this morning but was there a ornithological story in it , a mass awareness of a certain avian varity? I'm sure Tony Strewelpeter would be most interested in this.

Comment

Just found this new picture of Icarus, suits his new tagline imo

I don't like it.

Comment

some great action in the fitz 1 2 pl last night this morning win2k pot with 2 4 os
                                                                                          1600 with 25 off suit too
                                                                                          k5 sooted wins me a 2k pot
                                                                                          flop queens full of 6s and lose only 140 to quad sixes stacks over 1k
                                                                                          and people say the games are getting tougher

Comment

I found this

SPOILER

and

SPOILER

and

SPOILER

while searching for this: Possibly NSFW

SPOILER

Ok so this being my fourth day of five on Keto is killing me

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                              I didn't see the papers this morning but was there a ornithological story in it , a mass awareness of a certain avian varity? I'm sure Tony Strewelpeter would be most interested in this.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                was gonna post after your Owl experience. Any excuse imo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                  some great action in the fitz 1 2 pl last night this morning win2k pot with 2 4 os
                                                                                                  1600 with 25 off suit too
                                                                                                  k5 sooted wins me a 2k pot
                                                                                                  flop queens full of 6s and lose only 140 to quad sixes stacks over 1k
                                                                                                  and people say the games are getting tougher
                                                                                                  if your going to brag call the hands right its 24 & 25 double suited, makes them sound like much stronger hands! well done on the touch man, obv quad 6's was going for the bad beat jackpot

Comment

Anyone think there is a IPB serial Killer???

MIA

Hornswaggle
                                                                                                    Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    Brianbyrne
                                                                                                    Hectorjelly

(all of the top of my head)

anyone else think it's loyld?????

Comment

MIA

Hornswaggle
                                                                                                      Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      Brianbyrne
                                                                                                      Hectorjelly

(all of the top of my head)

anyone else think it's loyld?????
                                                                                                      It's not Lloyd (muhahahha) he is NEXT

Comment

On the same theme, did NickyOD ever make it over from boards?

Comment

No but the last time i was chatting to him was at the IPO last year said he went back to college in tralee or something to do with mutli media studies! but he had stopped posting on boards a long time before we moved though, his blog is gone and all

Comment

no i think big Iain ate him on one of the radio shows

Comment

I have finally figured out why your woman's drony voice from Fringe annoyed me so much, turns out she is Australian so trying to turn that into American makes her sound stupid!
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

ohh all great and knowing BBV

can anyone tell me if the passport office has got their shit sorted? and if i send of for a new passport now using passport express when can i expect my new passport back?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                  ohh all great and knowing BBV

can anyone tell me if the passport office has got their shit sorted? and if i send of for a new passport now using passport express when can i expect my new passport back?
                                                                                                                  Where you going?

Comment

if your going to brag call the hands right its 24 & 25 double suited, makes them sound like much stronger hands! well done on the touch man, obv quad 6's was going for the bad beat jackpot
                                                                                                                    It came ace on turn ace on river so the bare ace beats me i value bet river as flush got there and was loose game reraise and reluctant fold
                                                                                                                    i played the hand badly but save me loots

Comment

Where you going?
                                                                                                                      nowhere yet
                                                                                                                      just mine is outta date

and thinking of emigrating aswell

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Yea the bastards in the passport office have it back to normal service i.e. two weeks at outrageous cost to the state of something that should be run at a profit. They collected €1.74m in 'overtime' as a bonus for causing untold problems for people and costing hundreds of jobs.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                          nowhere yet
                                                                                                                          just mine is outta date

and thinking of emigrating aswell
                                                                                                                          then why do you need to express it send it in and just forget about it, its like a watched pot, your passport will never boil!

unless you need it to get away from the IPB serial killer (may be loyld or Solskjaer) then ring them up yelling dont you there's a fcukin serial killer on the loose, 2 days max and you'll have it back, if you survie that long, you look like on of those horror movie fallers and cant get upper's

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X