This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
    I grew up using macs but stopped liking them when everybody else started obv.
    thats a bit goth of you isnt it????

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      thats a bit goth of you isnt it????
      I was being somewhat ironic, but you've reminded me of good times.

When I was about 18 myself and one of my mates used to spend our hungover Sundays driving around Tralee following the goths that used to sit around looking glum with MMMBop blaring out of the car.

Rather childish really, but very much fun and a great excuse to listen to Hanson (whose later stuff is actually well worth checking out believe it or not).

Comment

Right can someone help me out,my laptop has slowed down over th last couple of days, really bad like it just feeze's when im doing somethiglike typin and missing letters i hit on the key board for ex

i was looking at my task manger and my Memory usage is 1.8G which looks to be 3/4 of my tota memory, anyone got any idea's how i clean this up. i am using Windows 7

thanks

Comment

The King of Rock and Soul Solomon Burke Died today

I was privileged to see him play in Vicar Street a few years ago and it was undoubtedly one of the best gigs I was ever at. RIP

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcaQkMp-qrM[/ame]
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEu8DrO9PbY[/ame]
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbseZp1nbDg[/ame]
          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0bsWl-GnOo[/ame]
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Right can someone help me out,my laptop has slowed down over th last couple of days, really bad like it just feeze's when im doing somethiglike typin and missing letters i hit on the key board for ex

i was looking at my task manger and my Memory usage is 1.8G which looks to be 3/4 of my tota memory, anyone got any idea's how i clean this up. i am using Windows 7

thanks
            check the actual tasks and see which ones are hogging the memory. if they're non system tasks and you don't need the application, end the process. if they're system tasks, check if they're essential or not. clean up your start up menu also, as a lot of the time you'll start processes which you don't need at all.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              A nice quiet night in here then. Well played PL on tidying things up. We had allowed dbc keep the clutchy account for pm's and to play those sheep games. But no more
              So it's confirmed DBC

Comment

ffs,poor Solomon.

Beautiful civil right song.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hv6sQXI1WY[/ame]
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                  So it's confirmed DBC
                  Yep. Weallowed him to have that acoubt to use for pm's that he needed to send but he wasn't allowed post. Obv he couldn't do that, so it's gone now. And no matter how much begging etc he won't be allowed back in the future either

Comment

Yep. Weallowed him to have that acoubt to use for pm's that he needed to send but he wasn't allowed post. Obv he couldn't do that, so it's gone now. And no matter how much begging etc he won't be allowed back in the future either
                    Perhaps he will help out with the blogging at the IPO

Comment

Oh Kev, fancy anything at the Curragh today

Comment

thanks
                        obviously you have alot of things running that you don't need
                        is go into the startup menu uncheck all the programme boxes and then restrat your computer and the ones that are needed will automatically start and all the rest won't, simples

it might not work for you as i tried this on lappie using XL, and iam running vista, and alot of the stuff didn't start for him like his wireless and bluetooth and a few other things, but easy to find these in the menu and check them anyhow

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

thanks
                          www.ccleaner.com is a great bit of software. It's especially good if your PC takes a long time to boot up, or if the disk keeps chugging long after your desktop has loaded. Run that and see if it helps. Also run msconfig and untick all the programs set to load and startup that you don't need. Makes a big difference.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Was Alfie a little drunk last nite as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              Was Alfie a little drunk last nite as well?
                              There's a load of posts missing there, he was replying to DBC

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                friday night i had the pleasure of totalling my jeep . I was approaching a crossroad and got shunted from behind into the path of a pick-up truck pulling a trailor with a big fkn forklift on it.
                                The person that hit me was kind enough to speed off and leave me with a wrote off jeep and the other guy's truck and forklift are the same .
                                Life is just soooo wonderfull at the moment
                                That's nasty Damo. Glad no-one was hurt but nightmare that you didn't catch the reg or anything. When you're so close to the border, the chances of expecting them to stop is slim to none. Hope you pick up something on the cheap to get you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                  So it's confirmed DBC
                                  I confirmed it straight after his second post and before he started sending me PM's accusing me of having 'Mental Issues' LOL

Comment

Minor brag: Was in the Baggot Inn for a few hours last night and they were having a 'Captain Morgan' night; in addition to snagging a few free Morgan and Cokes from the pirate wench themed promo girls, I snagged a sweet Captain Morgan t-shirt, a pretty cool mini-torch (in the shape of a bottle) and best of all, a really bad-ass red pirate hat! I was being offered cash for it within a few minutes of putting on my head! I know what I'm dressing up as for Halloween this year

Comment

thanks
                                      Open your start menu and type msconfig, in the window that pops up go into the start up tab and remove everything that doesn't look important, which'll be most of it. Anything you're not sure of, googling the filename will tell you what it does. Also remember anything you remove can be ticked back on in seconds, so no matter what stops working no permanent damage will be caused because you can just retick the files, even after the restart it'll make you do
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                        Minor brag: Was in the Baggot Inn for a few hours last night and they were having a 'Captain Morgan' night; in addition to snagging a few free Morgan and Cokes from the pirate wench themed promo girls, I snagged a sweet Captain Morgan t-shirt, a pretty cool mini-torch (in the shape of a bottle) and best of all, a really bad-ass red pirate hat! I was being offered cash for it within a few minutes of putting on my head! I know what I'm dressing up as for Halloween this year
                                        better brag would have been to bag one of the themed promo girls imo.

Comment

€3,000: Amount the Spanish FA fined Real Madrid last year after fans displayed Nazi banners and "chanted about gas chambers".
                                          €3,000: Amount the Spanish FA fined Espanyol's José Callejón last week for celebrating a goal by raising his shirt to reveal an image of former team-mate Dani Jarque, who died of a heart attack last year.

lol Spanish FA

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                            ya see I was just saying the other night how blokes never ever grow up (this was my defence) more proof.

I too expected to hear of you scoring a wench as you replenished your goblet.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                              Also run msconfig and untick all the programs set to load and startup that you don't need. Makes a big difference.
                                              This is a good website that you can use in conjunction with msconfig.
                                              http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
                                              It has a list of 10000+ programs which might be on your startup programs, and explains their purpose and whether they might be needed or you can remove them from startup.

Lots of stupid programs hog your machine at startup - some editor or downloader or videoplayer that you might use twice a year can be spending 20 seconds looking for upgrades every single time you boot up.

Comment

I'm fucking wrecked.

Comment

DBC glad I don't have to worry about cleaning up after him anymore

Comment

Kind of ironic that it is World Mental Health Day.

Comment

thanks
                                                      can you open up your task manager and give a screen shot?
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone on here work/deal with the selling of musical instruments?

Comment

Mark Billinghams Tom Thorne crime novels are worth a read [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sleepyhead-Thorne-Novels-Mark-Billingham/dp/0751531464/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1286717217&sr=1-1[/ame]

They are not your typical English Morse/Frost crime books. They'd be much more similar to the Harry Bosch books in their dark tone, with the lead detective a total fcuk-up in real life, and the London police force he's a part of being hugely inefficient and corrupt.

The first of the novels has been filmed and debuts on Sky1 tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                            Anyone on the BBV that can give me any good reasons why I would buy a MacBook over a Windows laptop?
                                                            The real big difference its probably all about personal choice, Downtown picked himself up a pretty sweet Toshiba laptop the other week for about €600 and said he is very happy with it. The cheapest Macbook you can get is €1150 but it really is some piece of kit but there is no need to splash out but if you can dont just take my opinion on it do a little bit of research and do some good comparisons for both Mac/PC and then make up your mind unless you suffer impulse buying

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            • You caught the ghey
                                                            • You want to fit in hanging out at Starbucks
                                                            • You have more money than sense
                                                            • You aren't able to work a computer
                                                            1. Strewelpeter will never catch the ghey not up to date enough
                                                            2. Fucking Starbucks monkey's, I have never once sat inside one on my Macbook
                                                            3. Your pocket might take a small hammering
                                                            4. You buy a Macbook because your stupid PC wont work properly

No, Danny will give you a serious response he loves his Mac I just don't get the point of them.
                                                            Why do you think you might want one?
                                                            Not a fanboy by any stretch but they are just a great machine

Plus you get Lego stickers like this for them thats the only reason I bought mine

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I like your beard.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                I like your beard.
                                                                His cap is nicer

Comment

€3,000: Amount the Spanish FA fined Real Madrid last year after fans displayed Nazi banners and "chanted about gas chambers".
                                                                  €3,000: Amount the Spanish FA fined Espanyol's José Callejón last week for celebrating a goal by raising his shirt to reveal an image of former team-mate Dani Jarque, who died of a heart attack last year.

lol English FA
                                                                  fyp, not sure which one is worse lol.... both ridic fines

Comment

headphones on if in work etc
                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbF5hDU_F-U[/ame]

Comment

Anyone going to play the big little crapshoot on full tilt today?
                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Episodes 43 and 44 is basically over an hour of Tony G needling Phil Hellmuth and is well worth watching. There's some really good play aswel so the episodes are well worth it for both of those reasons

Watch poker videos, TV shows & documentaries on PokerTube. With over 20,000 Poker related movies like High Stakes Poker, PokerTube is the world's largest site to watch anything about poker.

Comment

I'm starting to get suspicious about this poker elbow thing. Was talking to someone earlier who related that his sister went to hospital on Wednesday due to having the symptoms described by people here.

Also people who don't like Turkish Delight should be sterilised.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Also people who don't like Turkish Delight should be sterilised.
                                                                            Never, people who prefer that pink jelly crap instead of soft caramel or any other normal filler are weird.
                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                              Anyone going to play the big little crapshoot on full tilt today?
                                                                              Yeah think I'll give it a spin while watching the NFL
                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I've never been its biggest fan, but the old rugby has saved the sporting tv weekend.
                                                                                Toulouse Wasps was fantastic.

Comment

Anyone had any lag problems with FTP over last couple of days?

Comment

Kaymer is scary good, 3 tournys on the spin.

Comment

Just had a real LOL there one of my GFs friends has on her facebook status

xxxx xxxx is soo excited for mine and xxxxx xxxxxxxxx double blind date tomorrow night
                                                                                      The girl is actually obese so much so its actually unhealthy could you imagine been the lad who arrives on. I would actually pay to see his face.
                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

What ever happened to Hornswaggl, he used to post a lot and them seemed to disappear?

Comment

Great finish to the Cork SHC final on TG4 at the mo.

Comment

2nd last game in the IWF league on tonight. $5 PLO hi/lo

Password http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=5827

Comment

fuck variance and the horse it rode in on.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                Just had a real LOL there one of my GFs friends has on her facebook status

The girl is actually obese so much so its actually unhealthy could you imagine been the lad who arrives on. I would actually pay to see his face.
                                                                                                fml i was going on a blind date tomorrow.. i run guut

Comment

right someone asked me to post these to help me clean up my computer if you havea look and if someone could tell me what i can get rid of that would be great

Thanks

Comment

ugh major beat, just realised that i've been getting charged for meteor to meteor texts for the last 10 days, wasted 18 quid thinking that i was getting them for free - i run bad

Comment

is anyone getting a pop up after pressing the thanks button with a yellow warning sign, nothing else on it, or did i fcuk up my computer already???

Comment

What ever happened to Hornswaggl, he used to post a lot and them seemed to disappear?
                                                                                                        Triple H beat the fuck outta him

Comment

Can anybody tell me where to find streams for NFL games please? atdhe has them all blocked. Thanks

Comment

Check out the dancers rubbing their boobs at the end.
                                                                                                            The Wagner effect.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2tNdp_G3dY&feature=channel[/ame]

is anyone getting a pop up after pressing the thanks button with a yellow warning sign, nothing else on it, or did i fcuk up my computer already???
                                                                                                            No, maybe.
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              I like your beard.
                                                                                                              Cheers!

His cap is nicer
                                                                                                              Yeah always get weird looks for people I know from poker when I dont wear it.

Was thinking the same myself the other day, wasnt he talking about moving down the country somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                                Check out the dancers rubbing their boobs at the end.
                                                                                                                The Wagner effect.

The X Factor 2010: Brazillian Wagner was given a second chance when Louis chose him as his wildcard act. Tonight is very important to him as he must prove to...

No, maybe.
                                                                                                                If this happened it would be funny

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nNY0Zkixjk[/ame]

Comment

Just back from seeing Back To The Future in the cinema, gotta echo what those who've already seen it have posted - it is AWESOME and really well worth going to see, I am half thinking of going to see it again during the week in fact! I doubt I'll ever get sick of that movie, it is close to perfection for what it is.

Comment

Going to back to the future tomorrow.

Nice park job...

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I can't see anything on that task manager that could be causing your problems. It's probably worth getting rid of most of the Toshiba programs installed. I know when I did a fresh install of windows, Toshiba Tempro was the only piece of their crapware I reinstalled.
                                                                                                                      I assume you've already used disk cleanup, and defagmented it? 30% to 40% ram usage, should not be a concern imo.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Was thinking the same myself the other day, wasnt he talking about moving down the country somewhere?
                                                                                                                        Yea there was - think it was sligo - but i thought they had the internet down there - maybe Dom would know?

But then did i read that he was taking is son for an operation abroad or something along those lines, i checked out his last post was in june, strange.

Comment

It must have been my tight image that got him to lay it down. lol

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 16.5 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG (t1945)
                                                                                                                          Hero (UTG+1) (t50)
                                                                                                                          MP1 (t1500)
                                                                                                                          MP2 (t1470)
                                                                                                                          MP3 (t1870)
                                                                                                                          CO (t805)
                                                                                                                          Button (t1470)
                                                                                                                          SB (t2890)
                                                                                                                          BB (t1500)

Hero's M: 1.11

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6, K
                                                                                                                          1 fold, Hero bets t50 (All-In), 7 folds

Total pot: t75

Results:
                                                                                                                          Hero didn't show 6, K.
                                                                                                                          Outcome: Hero won t75

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X