This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
    Getting out for a quick 3 mile run at lunchtime is very refreshing!!
    Did doke tell you this you fat fcuk?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
      If the odds of 1 or more goals in a match is 1.13 pre kickoff, what would the odds be at halftime if the match was 0-0?
      Depends a lot on what happens in the first half obv like sendings off ect but I'd say about 1.7ish
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
        Depends a lot on what happens in the first half obv like sendings off ect but I'd say about 1.7ish
        Would they be that high?

Comment

Yes she is looking for a fugly au pair as my previous selections went down like a kamikaze pilot.

Wow, anything to get a job these days!
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
            Did doke tell you this you fat fcuk?
            LOL i will have you know i am down to 12 stone ,you still tipping over the 14 stone mark? I say if someone pinched you custard would come rolling out

Careful you might talk yourself into another weight prop bet for the Irish Open

Comment

Originally posted by RoundTower View Post
              how's it going?
              you're one of the more entertaining tards, but blocked now. ciao.

you know the drill big boy.

Comment

You are doing it wrong, same situation three kids and wife = cleaner I would so get battered if she seen this although we are still looking at Aupairs

Nice that. When couples have a shared interest like.

Comment

LOL i will have you know i am down to 12 stone ,you still tipping over the 14 stone mark? I say if someone pinched you custard would come rolling out

Careful you might talk yourself into another weight prop bet for the Irish Open
                  Must get a loan of those scales off you

Comment

sb bb lolz caught me stealing

Comment

very next hand just as you think your on a roll aipf against 99s 3 times before this then i get them . meh donkaments

Comment

lol hand in a 6-max tournie

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.1 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t22007)
                        SB (t8074)
                        Hero (BB) (t4370)
                        UTG (t4415)
                        MP (t15191)
                        CO (t2355)

Hero's M: 12.67

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, 7
                        2 folds, CO calls t150, 1 fold, SB calls t75, Hero checks

Flop: (t570) Q, Q, A (3 players)
                        SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: (t570) 10 (3 players)

River: (t570) 5 (3 players)

Total pot: t570

Results:
                        SB had 9, 7 (one pair, Queens).
                        Hero had 9, 7 (one pair, Queens).
                        CO had 9, 7 (one pair, Queens).
                        Outcome: SB won t190, Hero won t190, CO won t190

Comment

Mr Pillow, as a man of the service industry do you know any bars looking for staff at the moment. I think I may kill the girlfriend if she doesn't get a job soon. Cabin fever is setting in and she's wrecking my head!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Mr Pillow, as a man of the service industry do you know any bars looking for staff at the moment. I think I may kill the girlfriend if she doesn't get a job soon. Cabin fever is setting in and she's wrecking my head!
                            if she's desperate - eddie rockets in phibsboro are lookin for staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              if she's desperate - eddie rockets in phibsboro are lookin for staff
                              hmmm.....Dont think I'd wish that anyone. Seems like hell on earth working there. Awesome burgers though!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                Send her round to Emmet's for the day? Oh wait...

Comment

Good auld Eamon Dunphy, on Rooney: "He's the best player I've seen since Pele, which is saying something cos we've had Maradona." Now I love Rooney and all that, and don't dislike the dunph as much as the average punter, but even I think this is slightly out there. You can't say something like that for another 10 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                    Good auld Eamon Dunphy, on Rooney: "He's the best player I've seen since Pele, which is saying something cos we've had Maradona." Now I love Rooney and all that, and don't dislike the dunph as much as the average punter, but even I think this is slightly out there. You can't say something like that for another 10 years...
                                    In ten years he will be saying Rooney is better than Pele

Comment

Should be thankfull for any praise about a UTD player from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                        In ten years he will be saying Rooney is better than Pele
                                        VERY possibly, but you can't say that yet.

EDIT: Also for me Maradona >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zidane >/= Pele
                                        Last edited by Ste05; 17-02-10, 19:46.

Comment

nice retard call preflop...

2 hands later, I'm out.

I said it last time too, that 4max tournie is great, even though I've had disasterous hands like this to knock me out.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.4 Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 30 Ante (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (UTG) (t11699)
                                          Button (t17226)
                                          SB (t25134)
                                          BB (t19479)

Hero's M: 23.63

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K
                                          Hero bets t750, 1 fold, SB calls t625, 1 fold

Flop: (t1870) 3, 2, 2 (2 players)
                                          SB checks, Hero bets t1500, SB calls t1500

Turn: (t4870) 7 (2 players)
                                          SB checks, Hero bets t3250, SB calls t3250

River: (t11370) 10 (2 players)
                                          SB bets t3000, Hero calls t3000

Total pot: t17370

Results:
                                          SB had 4, 2 (three of a kind, twos).
                                          Hero mucked K, K (two pair, Kings and twos).
                                          Outcome: SB won t17370

Comment

I hate Rooney to the core but i would rate him up there very high.

Imo if you were taking all strikers at their peak.

Ronaldo (Brazil) >>> Rooney >>> Van basten

I only named a few examples fwiw.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                              I hate Rooney to the core but i would rate him up there very high.

Imo if you were taking all strikers at their peak.

Ronaldo (Brazil) >>> Andy Cole >>> Rooney >>> Van basten

I only named a few examples fwiw.
                                              imo

Comment

Ronaldo is my all time favourite striker

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

One thing I would argue is that the whole idea of HR departments is slightly illogical. Most everything about a position within a company (its identification, objectives, limitations, placement and function within a certain team) is a product of specific departmental management. Would it not be far more efficient for a company to leave the selling and selection of positions to the people who are going to be driving them forward?

I think (and I'm interested in people proving me wrong here! ) that the culture of HR is something distinct and generic across all sectors and firms. By making them the first point of contact for most entry and mid level positions to a firm, you are essentially placing a large slice of your organisation's future prospects in a group of people that are likely to be some of the most straight laced and uncreative people employed by you. Not forgetting that they also will tend to have the least general experience of what it is like to work in the positions they are staffing, and detailed on the ground understanding of what is practically required of staff in such positions on an ongoing basis.

Surely a lot of places drastically reduce their expectation in this way?
                                                  I agree with most of what your saying, however with the number of time wasting applications for some positions they are still very useful in identifying serious candidates. If well trained, they can do the same job as the higher level people who make the final recruitment decisions at a lower cost

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  jesus I used to have a cleaner up until I moved house a few months back. Absolute necessity.
                                                  QFT, if anyone knows of a good one in the D6 area please send me details

Comment

Also, those psychometric tests are a load of codswallop for hiring people. Anyone with half a brain can give you exactly what you are looking for. If someone can't score well on those they don't deserve a job.

I guess in that way they're a good way of sorting out some people though!
                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

what a mistake from arsenal kepper...

Comment

lol Arsenal keepers

Comment

The standard of defending for last 16 stage of Europe's most elite competition over the last two nights has been nigh on abysmal.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                            Should be thankfull for any praise about a UTD player from him.
                                                            taking the piss?

Rooeny is nowhere near the class of Maradona and co. imo. Possibly if he keeps playing/improving like this season, but not yet thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                              The standard of defending for last 16 stage of Europe's most elite competition over the last two nights has been nigh on abysmal.
                                                              Sol Campbell is holding court right now though.
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                taking the piss?

Rooeny is nowhere near the class of Maradona and co. imo. Possibly if he keeps playing/improving like this season, but not yet thats for sure.
                                                                I don't think he is tbh. Dunphy's greatest strength is his ability to make fans of every team believe that he bears some manner of deep seethed grudge against their club, while being an ardent cheerleader for their club's biggest rival. It's actually a magnificent achievement on his part if you think about it.
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

taking the piss?

totaaly disagree with the & co part

maradona was a one off and the best I've seen, after that and on current form Rooney is right up there with any of the rest, his goals are a plus but his workrate is incredible. i said it before this season started that you'd see him shine. If people can't see that I give up.

Ask pele if you don't believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                    I don't think he is tbh. Dunphy's greatest strength is his ability to make fans of every team believe that he bears some manner of deep seethed grudge against their club, while being an ardent cheerleader for their club's biggest rival. It's actually a magnificent achievement on his part if you think about it.
                                                                    ha maybe true, I've always thought he's been biased in favour of united. He's cetainly been sucking Rooney off for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                      totaaly disagree with the & co part

maradona was a one off and the best I've seen, after that and on current form Rooney is right up there with any of the rest, his goals are a plus but his workrate is incredible. i said it before this season started that you'd see him shine. If people can't see that I give up.

Ask pele if you don't believe me.
                                                                      True about Maradona , I think he's a different league alright. I just think Rooney's not as high a skill level as many that are around and that have gone before, obviously his workrate etc make up for a lot of that. But he hasn't done it for long enough to rate him in the top tear yet imo. He's in perfect position to prove that he is though, WC couldn't come at a better time for him.

Comment

ha maybe true, I've always thought he's been biased in favour of united. He's cetainly been sucking Rooney off for years.
                                                                        Let's be honest I can't think of any pundit who hasn't?? Even Pele basically offered to blow him FFS!! It's not as though there's anything unusual about Dunphy's stance on Rooney.

Comment

True about Maradona , I think he's a different league alright. I just think Rooney's not as high a skill level as many that are around and that have gone before, obviously his workrate etc make up for a lot of that. But he hasn't done it for long enough to rate him in the top tear yet imo. He's in perfect position to prove that he is though, WC couldn't come at a better time for him.
                                                                          This sounds strange but I think that English and Irish people tend to under-rate the Premiership players in terms of world greatest. Rooney just isn't as exotic as a Messi or a Ronaldinho. It's a subliminal thing probably due to the fact that we grew up on watching English football, and only got to see small highlights or European nights of European football, so it developed a mystery about it.

On current form, and importance to his team, I'd have Rooney ahead of anyone in the world at the moment, including Messi etc. *

*Apart from Gareth Bale obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post

QFT, if anyone knows of a good one in the D6 area please send me details
                                                                            ditto

pics helpful too
                                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Voodoo have decent numbers for some .5/1 cash tonight?

Thinking of heading in.

What time would games kick off?

Comment

lol @ arsenal keeper again...

Comment

lol Arsenal!!

Some awful stuff there between veteran and apprentice.

Comment

Campbell and Fabianski, wtf?

Comment

Arsenlol!
                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

LOL Arsenal defence!!!

Also good post c-Kid, very interesting...

Comment

lol terrible all round there Arsenal. and playing well too.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                            That's the last place I heard it too, and I made a note at the time to try and use that phrase more often.
                                                                                            Theres a really great phrase from The Sopranos ive forgotton and cant seem to find but it's from the episode in season3 Money, Shame and Reparation. The episode where Tony gets the patrol cop who booked him practically taken off the force then feels guilty after seeing him working in a hardware store. Near the end of the episode Tony rings the union fixer to try to get him back but the fixer said "fcuk him he deserves it, he's only a '????? ????' anyway" which i took as a term for one who's not for bending the rules as a favour or going along with the unwritten cop code of practice.
                                                                                            Scripts for Sopranos dont seem to be readily available online.

Comment

I've just noticed that I'm massively addicted to exclamation marks. Aim for the next while is to refrain for the next 100 posts. I think there is pretty much no way I can do it though
                                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Rooney is quitle simply funkin awsome.

I've gone out of my way this season to watch most of Uniteds games just to see this guy in action, he's the epitome of an all round footballer,and a wonderful example to kids on how to play the game.

I haven't been watching a lot of footie outside the premiership this season but if there is any other player on the planet playing anywhere near his level at the moment please let me know because I want to watch.
                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

lol arsenal defendaments!!
                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

The RTE commentator is hilarious there, "no that wont count, IT WILL COUNT the goal stands"

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                      Voodoo have decent numbers for some .5/1 cash tonight?

Thinking of heading in.

What time would games kick off?
                                                                                                      anyone?

Actually, is the mixed game going on there tonight?

Comment

anyone?

think that was march

Comment

anyone?

I was there last week and it kicked off about 10ish if i remember correctly.
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

must be nice! just checked the Highstakes DB and John O shea is up over 160k at 50/100 plo

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                              think that was march
                                                                                                              thats a few weeks away sure.

I'll set up a tent so

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                                must be nice! just checked the Highstakes DB and John O shea is up over 160k at 50/100 plo
                                                                                                                check back a few pages phillip, old news now

Comment

Rooney isn't the best player in the world. He is on form! Messi is the worlds best.

Comment

Let's be honest I can't think of any pundit who hasn't?? Even Pele basically offered to blow him FFS!! It's not as though there's anything unusual about Dunphy's stance on Rooney.
                                                                                                                    Ah Dunphy's been over the top with praise since day one but ye I think everyones been a bit overrating him, guess it's because he's sort of an old fashioned , hard working british style player which most of the pundits can relate to/respect easier.

Good point C Kid , although I've thoguht there's been many in the premiership that are better than Rooney.

Comment

I can't believe I agree with Ronnie Whelan on something he is 'punditing'.

Comment

Messi > Rooney and it isn't even all that close, even though Messi doesn't play in England so is automatically awful. Rooneys been on fantastic form but even his best season ever is lesser than Ronaldos was at this stage statistically after the same amount of games for the same team. People need to calm down on the hype, if Rooney keeps up this form for another season or two we can start to talk about him as a best in the world contender and then as one of the best ever. To even put him in the same bracket as Pele is f-cking laughable at this stage.

Can't deny Portos two goals this week were absolutely hilarious, why does Wenger hate good goalkeeping so much?
                                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I have to feel sorry for tommygunne and lee_arama. bayerns last goal won me $360 from the both of them in the football threa.

Klose shouldnt even have been on the field plus he was miles offside anway. And Arsenal should have had a peno in the build up to Porto's second. The ref sure likes contraversy (same ref as ROI/France match if any of you didnt realise!

Good night for me, bad night for fabianski.

LOL Arsenal keepers

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X