This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
    Ugh, feel all kinds of idiotic. Flying home for my Granny's 80th tonight, current account balance, €12.15, do I have any coins to get a bus back from the airport? Nope, anyone around to give me a lift? Nope. Walking would either kill me, or make me miss the party party.

How long does an internet banking transfer take?
    where you need to go emmet, could come over for you

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
      where you need to go emmet, could come over for you
      Airport to Harolds Cross, nah, I just don't have any euro coins is the problem, 16a goes door to door so I'll just figure out a way of doing it!

cheers tho

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Shit, is there some elbow disease on the go threatening our elbows? Mines been sore since last Friday but I don't remember what I did.

Comment

Went to charge my iPod today and when it flicked on it showed 11:11 the number is following me.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
            Airport to Harolds Cross, nah, I just don't have any euro coins is the problem, 16a goes door to door so I'll just figure out a way of doing it!

cheers tho
            listen i'll pm you my number, if you run into bother give me a shout and i'll do somthing!

Comment

Well done on the scope Tony, how's the goldclub these days? really miss the place sometimes! what do they have on a friday night now??
              Cheers Phil. I said i'd make an effort to get down once or twice a week when i got from Killarney so this was my first outing. €40 freezeout with 16k stacks. 31 players last night and they paid 4. As soon as we got 5 handed they all said "so we're paying the bubble, great." because they do it every night. I was a decent chip leader but because it's my local now, i didn't want to object too much, i told them to leave 1st place alone and take money off 2nd/3rd/4th and we have a deal. Managed to take it down without too much bother.

Not sure if it's really worth it tho. They only have 4 tournies a week now and all are pretty deep with low buyins. Blinds aren't that long but it would nice for them to have a bigger buyin, or a shorter stack game because putting in 4-5 hours to bubble or scrape the money is meh. The fact a lot of the players have no clue how to play a deepstack game tho makes it really profitable if they got the numbers but i think 31 players is pretty close to their top mark.

Wednesday - €30 freezeout - 8k
              Thursday - €30 Double Chance - 7k + 6k
              Friday - €40 freezeout - 16k stack
              Saturday - €30 freezeout - 11k

Was browing the cash tables for a while last and they only had 1 going all night which kicked off about 10.30 which is pretty bad for a Friday. I'm not a big fan of cash but it's still a €1-€3 but i think the biggest stack was about €250 so might give that a go and see how it plays

The best part tho, is being able to park outside and jump in the car and drive home when it's over which is something i never had in Dublin!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                played quite a bit online yesterday got a change, those double up dit n gos are great value, played about 12 doubled up in 10, played the 70k guaranteed got 12th for a lousy 600, top prize was 16k coolered right before the final tble, frustration abounds.

made about 1400 in total so meh. Withdrew a lot so doom switch alert.

On POD in the Dunhill for a decent score at 40s. Is it really bad if I had Russia to beat Ireland at 13/8. I was still cheering for Ireland it was just a softener if we lost. bad time in the rep of I camp. the group of shite though.
                Not one bit. Russia are a much better team and where huge value at 2/1 in some places. Irelands qualification campaign's are very similar to whenever England play in a major finals. Everybody thinks and expects them to do well but in reality its just a matter of time before they blow up and do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Went to charge my iPod today and when it flicked on it showed 11:11 the number is following me.
                  I meant to post this yesterday but went out of my head, read the stuff about 11:11 the other day. Thursday night I had to drive to Sligo because my sister is very unwell, just leaving Dundalk and my Ma calls with another emergency so I had to divert to Dublin, fix her up and head west.

Flicked on the sat nav on the way to see what time I would get there at at it said 11:11 (not set to 24hr clock).
                  Put the foot down on the Mullingar Bypass after a wee smile to myself but a delay behind two artics in Carrick on Shannon meant I still arrived at 11:11.

You just can't outrun the universe.

Still don't believe in that guff though

Comment

Are the rugby games on telly anywhere today?
                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Ah, a full day of Heineken Cup!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leGsjB39o0E[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                        Are the rugby games on telly anywhere today?
                        sky sports

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Cheers Phil. I said i'd make an effort to get down once or twice a week when i got from Killarney so this was my first outing. €40 freezeout with 16k stacks. 31 players last night and they paid 4. As soon as we got 5 handed they all said "so we're paying the bubble, great." because they do it every night. I was a decent chip leader but because it's my local now, i didn't want to object too much, i told them to leave 1st place alone and take money off 2nd/3rd/4th and we have a deal. Managed to take it down without too much bother.

Not sure if it's really worth it tho. They only have 4 tournies a week now and all are pretty deep with low buyins. Blinds aren't that long but it would nice for them to have a bigger buyin, or a shorter stack game because putting in 4-5 hours to bubble or scrape the money is meh. The fact a lot of the players have no clue how to play a deepstack game tho makes it really profitable if they got the numbers but i think 31 players is pretty close to their top mark.

Wednesday - €30 freezeout - 8k
                          Thursday - €30 Double Chance - 7k + 6k
                          Friday - €40 freezeout - 16k stack
                          Saturday - €30 freezeout - 11k

Was browing the cash tables for a while last and they only had 1 going all night which kicked off about 10.30 which is pretty bad for a Friday. I'm not a big fan of cash but it's still a €1-€3 but i think the biggest stack was about €250 so might give that a go and see how it plays

The best part tho, is being able to park outside and jump in the car and drive home when it's over which is something i never had in Dublin!
                          the friday game use to be €100 got on ave like 3 tables, saturday use to be a great game it was a €50 freeze out cashgames use to be very good on friday and saturday and if you have the right people on it you could see €800+ tanks in like 2/3 trhe seats and a few ramdoms (me mostly), A big game use to contain JP/Dusty/Cathel/Pady Boner ad a couple of the convoy boys, and you would have a pretty good 1-3 nl game! Normal open raise would be €15 some massive games played there when i was up there.

Tournies use to get good numbers the biggest was on wednesday night they got like 80 runners for a €35 game, think i came second that night!

Do tey still ave the EOM game there? €150 game??

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                            I meant to post this yesterday but went out of my head, read the stuff about 11:11 the other day. Thursday night I had to drive to Sligo because my sister is very unwell, just leaving Dundalk and my Ma calls with another emergency so I had to divert to Dublin, fix her up and head west.

Flicked on the sat nav on the way to see what time I would get there at at it said 11:11 (not set to 24hr clock).
                            Put the foot down on the Mullingar Bypass after a wee smile to myself but a delay behind two artics in Carrick on Shannon meant I still arrived at 11:11.

Hope your troubles arent too bad.

Lets see how much you spot the number now that its in your head, dont really believe all the mumbo jumbo myself but find it amusing.

Comment

Set all digital clocks to 24 hour imo..halves the chances of seeing it!!

Hope all's a but better now.
                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

lol, lol alot.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QYj4MQ-ZeI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                  Set all digital clocks to 24 hour imo..halves the chances of seeing it!!

Hope all's a but better now.
                                  Fuck that!

My number is 22

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                    Fuck that!

My number is 22
                                    Set all digital clocks to 12 hour imo
                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Fucking international football weekend. Absolutely gutted.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hope your troubles arent too bad.

Lets see how much you spot the number now that its in your head, dont really believe all the mumbo jumbo myself but find it amusing.
                                          Jst for all you number freaks if yor looking at this thread in a 100 post mode, the page number is 666, also pointing out were not that far from the magical 66,666 post! bets on who will grab it????

Edit: i see 666 everywhere i look does that mean im evil or just see eveil everywhere???
                                          Last edited by pgodkin; 09-10-10, 12:26.

Comment

rugbee shtream pleash
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              rugbee shtream pleash
                                              a few mins behind i think but good quality.

edit: its gone very jumpy for me now as always with veetle. A sopcast stream would be great.
                                              Last edited by shano_88; 09-10-10, 12:41.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                a few mins behind i think but good quality.
                                                ? do you have a link there Shano?

Comment

veetle stream is excellent, cheers Shano!

Comment

What are peoples best guess for numbers in the SE tonight (€75 f/o)?
                                                    One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Another stream if anyone needs it.

Not perfect but I've certainly seen worse.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                        11:11
                                                        Cheerleader massacre, looks like quite a movie.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEoeMhCaMK8[/ame]
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Fuckity fuck fuck! Not one screen in departures showing the Match. Stupid commonwealth games bollix! Stuck here tapping refresh impatiently on my phone with the rte text commentary!
                                                          Last edited by Emmet; 09-10-10, 13:06.

Comment

Is there online radio coverage anywhere? Internet is patchy but I think I found a decent spot

Boom rte radio 1 app

( halftime, ugh, I board in 25)
                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 09-10-10, 13:21.

Comment

That second try was a thing of beauty.

Comment

What a try? Just lovely

Comment

yip, second try was awesome. the drop goal attempt at the half time was ridiculous though.
                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by 30something View Post

between 666 & 11 11

Comment

There is a IWF sat in Jackpot, 2 tickets GTD tonight afaik

Comment

Off to Grenoble in January for the second semester of my masters.
                                                                        Anybody ever been?
                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                            Anybody ever been?
                                                                            cold and miserable in january. one of those places where everybody just lives for the weekend when they all fuck off up to the mountain to ski, surf, climb, etc.

if you're not into winter sports, it can be dull. if you are then you'll love it!

edit to say: not sure what the student life is like though.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                              cold and miserable in january. one of those places where everybody just lives for the weekend when they all fuck off up to the mountain to ski, surf, climb, etc.

if you're not into winter sports, it can be dull. if you are then you'll love it!

edit to say: not sure what the student life is like though.
                                                                              Thanks for the reply, never been skiing or anything like that in my life, but I'd definitely give it a go.
                                                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Thanks for the reply, never been skiing or anything like that in my life, but I'd definitely give it a go.
                                                                                Do, because skiing/surfing is one of the most fun things to do on this planet. it is just awesome. it will take a bit of getting used to at the start and you'll be sore, but you won't regret it. on top of that you ski all day, then you party all night, then get up early again and do it all over again.

The people of Grenoble really are mountain fanatics. in winter it's ski/surf every weekend, in summer it's climb/ abseil. They're all adrenaline junkies.

Comment

Anybody ever been?
                                                                                  Yup. Pretty plain city, nothing of note as far as I could see.

Go Skiing, Alpe D'Huez is about 1hour away. Nice resort. Les Dues Alpes is close too. In fact, most of the French resorts are withing driving distance. If you've never been before make it a staple of your time over there, season ends in early April.
                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

heinken up on the laptop, police academy 4 on the telly
                                                                                    what a day
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      Do, because skiing/surfing is one of the most fun things to do on this planet. it is just awesome. it will take a bit of getting used to at the start and you'll be sore, but you won't regret it. on top of that you ski all day, then you party all night, then get up early again and do it all over again.
                                                                                      .
                                                                                      it's also a fantastic hangover cure.
                                                                                      Though don't get too pissed there is a lodge off piste.
                                                                                      You have to get down that mountain, I learned that one the hard way
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The great saddnes of this is there is too much of a ring of truth in this !!!!

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario:
                                                                                        Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.

1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end
                                                                                        up buddies.

2010 - Police called, arrests Johnny and Mark.. Charge them with
                                                                                        assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it. Both children go
                                                                                        to anger management programs for 3 months. School board hold meeting to
                                                                                        impliment bullying prevention programs

Scenario:
                                                                                        Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1957 - Robbie sent to office and given 6 of the best by the Principal.
                                                                                        Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2010 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested
                                                                                        for ADD. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and
                                                                                        School gets extra funding from state because Robbie has a disability.

Scenario :
                                                                                        Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a
                                                                                        whipping with his belt.

1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to
                                                                                        college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2010 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to
                                                                                        foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister
                                                                                        that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison.

Scenario :
                                                                                        Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.

1957 - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with.

2010 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations.
                                                                                        Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario :
                                                                                        Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from Guy Fawkes, puts them in
                                                                                        a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a bullant nest.

1957 - Ants die.

2010- State Police, Star Force, Federal Police & Anti-terrorism Squad
                                                                                        called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, Feds investigate
                                                                                        parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated. Johnny's
                                                                                        Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario :
                                                                                        Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is
                                                                                        found crying by his teacher, Mary . Mary hugs him to comfort him.

1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing.

2010 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job.
                                                                                        She faces 3 years in Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                          Scenario :
                                                                                          niiiicccceeeee....
                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario:

up buddies.

Scenario:

Scenario :
                                                                                            whipping with his belt.

Scenario :

Scenario :

1957 - Ants die.

Scenario :

at least things haven't changed since 2007

SCHOOL — 1957 vs. 2007

Scenario: Jack goes quail hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
                                                                                            1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack’s shotgun, goes to his car and gets his shotgun to show Jack.
                                                                                            2007 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
                                                                                            1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
                                                                                            2007 - Police called, SWAT team arrives, arrests Johnny and Mark. Charge them with assault, both expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won’t be still in class, disrupts other students.
                                                                                            1957 - Jeffrey sent to office and given a good paddling by the Principal. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
                                                                                            2007 - Jeffrey given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra money from state because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor’s car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
                                                                                            1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
                                                                                            2007 - Billy’s dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy’s sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy’s mom has affair with psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some aspirin to school.
                                                                                            1957 - Mark shares aspirin with Principal out on the smoking dock.
                                                                                            2007 - Police called, Mark expelled from school for drug violations. Car searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high school English.
                                                                                            1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, and goes to college.
                                                                                            2007 - Pedro’s cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against state school system and Pedro’s English teacher. English banned from core curriculum. Pedro given diploma anyway but ends up mowing lawns for a living because he cannot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from 4th of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, blows up a red ant bed.
                                                                                            1957 - Ants die.
                                                                                            2007 - BATF, Homeland Security, FBI called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, FBI investigates parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated; Johnny’s Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls while running during recess and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
                                                                                            2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              heinken up on the laptop, police academy 4 on the telly
                                                                                              what a day
                                                                                              This guy was a childhood hero

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8szuknTjjbI[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZ20ZKgqGI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPvYMgyQxsQ&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 09-10-10, 14:27.

Comment

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010
                                                                                                ....
                                                                                                There isn't a big enough to describe how much my eyes are rolling at this.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

SCHOOL -- 1957 vs. 2010

Scenario:

up buddies.

1957 both sent to Parish priest who rides the pair of them

Scenario:

1957 - Christian Brother takes his bare hand to his ass, then rides him

Scenario :
                                                                                                  whipping with his belt.

1957 Billy gets raped in the confession box

Scenario :

1957 - Christian brother gives him another pill, Mark wakes up with a sore arse.

Scenario :

1957 - Ants die.

more clerical abuse to follow

Scenario :

1957 - Mary is really brother Mark in a dress, Johnny receives a few more scrapes
                                                                                                  some alternatives there Dave, probably just as true
                                                                                                  Last edited by Solskjaer; 09-10-10, 14:32.

Comment

Johnny has been in school for a very very long time.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Jst for all you number freaks if yor looking at this thread in a 100 post mode, the page number is 666, also pointing out were not that far from the magical 66,666 post! bets on who will grab it????

Edit: i see 666 everywhere i look does that mean im evil or just see eveil everywhere???
                                                                                                      Pretty much evil you are Phil

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      rugbee shtream pleash
                                                                                                      Drunk

Originally posted by 30something View Post
                                                                                                      0-9 doesnt run very often, savage little game thou.

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                      11:11
                                                                                                      Cheerleader massacre, looks like quite a movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEoeMhCaMK8
                                                                                                      I see what you did there

Comment

probably truer than most of mine

Comment

Does anyone know why the majority of the Airtricity League games are on during the day this weekend? Delicious ironing if they couldn't afford the light bill..
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                            There isn't a big enough to describe how much my eyes are rolling at this.
                                                                                                            the whole lot was a cut & paste, not necessarily my opinion

Comment

Went to see Back to the Future in the cinema last night and really glad I went, I must of seen the movie about 30 times but it was only last night that I had spotted a few things and coped on to others that ive never pieced together before

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                Might have been helped by all the free booze, but Aviva is some stadium. Excellent view of the pitch, and didn't look like there was a bad seat in the house.

First time at a football match and it was actually quite interesting.

Irish fans were woeful though. The 1,000 or so Russians were making more noise than the 59,000 sullen Irish (may not have the numbers exactly right!).
                                                                                                                Pretty standard for any kind of sizeable away support to be far far louder per man than home support in pretty much any match for a variety of reasons and that's without taking into account the fact they were destroying us to be fair.

Went to see Back to the Future in the cinema last night and really glad I went, I must of seen the movie about 30 times but it was only last night that I had spotted a few things and coped on to others that ive never pieced together before
                                                                                                                Yeah me too, what an awesome awesome movie and I also noticed one thing I'd never copped before, there's loads of little things written into the film that are really clever. Watched the next 2 films then after, and can confirm that 3 is still an atrocity
                                                                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

If there was any god X-Factor would be coming down to a play off between these two guys:

He looks like
                                                                                                                  We need a with grey hair imo to represent Wagner if he makes it onto the show as one of the wildcards.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLXhP_ELNzQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMgrr3F_PY[/ame]

Comment

were you johnny??
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    angry....angry young man

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I like a bit of lamebook but this is the first time I've facepalmed while looking at my own facebook...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Question for those with a smartphone: I bought a HTC Wildfire yesterday and am at a loss with it right now, going take me a while to get to grips with it. I have connected to the house wireless network but I've just checked my data balance and it seems to indicate that I've burnt through 500kbs of my monthly amount in a few hours of very light use (and without downloading any new apps) - I would have thought that while connected to a wireless network I wouldn't be eating into my network data balance at all! Can anyone shed a light on this? Is there anywhere on the device I can determine what order of preference the device uses to get its data from (I would prefer the device not to connect to the phone network for data while I'm connected to a wireless network obviously!)?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X