This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car insurance.

Up the start of next month and looking online the prices vary from 450 to 1200...wtf ? How can they get it so wrong ?

Anyonw know any good site online that they have used in the past ?
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Thursday! bringing my mother, hoping for severe lack of full-frontal nudity and\or simulated sex scenes (unlike the last 2 times I've brought her to plays )
      Lol, did you go to Les Liaisons Dangereuses in the Gate last year? I was a big fan of the nudity (female only, thankfully!) in it I have so much respect for hot women who are willing to take off their clothes for their art!

Freebird doesn't make it into the top 10 of Nova's top 500 - that is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Car insurance.

Up the start of next month and looking online the prices vary from 450 to 1200...wtf ? How can they get it so wrong ?

I went with No Nonsense this year and got the cheapest insurance ever - they really undercut their rivals. It is just FBD Insurance re-branded, so if you are already with FBD they won't quote you. Was with 123.ie last year, also pretty damn cheap. You do get what you pay for though, I wasn't comprehensive either year.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Car insurance.

Was allianz the 1200? Laughable really!
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Car insurance.

Best thing to do is set aside half a day and ring every broker in the phone book. Honestly, you could potentially save well over 50%

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                my daughter loves that one! I find it mildly disturbing
                The 3 year old with the building of death I presume.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                  Strange enough story:

We bring you the future as it happens. From the latest in science and technology to the big stories in business and culture, we've got you covered.

US student finds FBI tracking device on his car....
                  wtf so the FBI are that stupid to knock on the door to let said 'terroist' know they have being following him?
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Nova really is fucking awesome.
                    Just pulled the piss outta the news, boring, so what, who cares, Sheila Dikshit LOL
                    here's the weather, its grand out.
                    Back to the music
                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 08-10-10, 16:09.
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If I was visiting Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis's house for a swingers party, I'd find it difficult to decide which one to shag first.
                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Make it funky...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4R3fmyr0DY[/ame]

Comment

Just put on the stream of Nova, first time i've put on any radio in years, came on for U2 at no.5. Done with radio for another few years.

Comment

If anyone notices anything funny happening in the next wee while, it is just me trying some things out with the site.

Comment

Car insurance.

Went through this earlier in the year. Ring a broker. I used http://www.munstergroup.com/pages/Private_Motor.htm but I suppose anyone will do.
                              They will get you cheapest quote. Then get back to your insurance company (was fbd for me) and tell them you have a quote for whatever the broker says. Your insurance company will then come down significantly. You could obv just get insured through the broker but I didn't want to change as I had several years no claims built up and other shit house etc on same policy.
                              As far as I remember my insurance in 2009 was ~540. They quoted me in April 2010 for ~580. I get onto broker who quotes me ~380. I ring fbd and they insure me for ~400. (This was all 3rd party/fire/theft and not fully comp)

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                Was allianz the 1200? Laughable really!
                                quinn was the 1200, 123.ie was the 450.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                  If anyone notices anything funny happening in the next wee while, it is just me trying some things out with the site.
                                  So that Paddy O'Furniture thread was you then?
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                    Went through this earlier in the year. Ring a broker. I used http://www.munstergroup.com/pages/Private_Motor.htm but I suppose anyone will do.
                                    They will get you cheapest quote. Then get back to your insurance company (was fbd for me) and tell them you have a quote for whatever the broker says. Your insurance company will then come down significantly. You could obv just get insured through the broker but I didn't want to change as I had several years no claims built up and other shit house etc on same policy.
                                    As far as I remember my insurance in 2009 was ~540. They quoted me in April 2010 for ~580. I get onto broker who quotes me ~380. I ring fbd and they insure me for ~400. (This was all 3rd party/fire/theft and not fully comp)
                                    123.ie were 350 tptf, the 450 was for fully comp.

car is only worth about 5k, but for the peace of mind, 100 is worth it i think.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                      Lol, did you go to Les Liaisons Dangereuses in the Gate last year? I was a big fan of the nudity (female only, thankfully!) in it I have so much respect for hot women who are willing to take off their clothes for their art!

Freebird doesn't make it into the top 10 of Nova's top 500 - that is insane.
                                      Those boobs were very nice

Love the Gate, hate the Gaeity, mehhh the Abbey

Comment

I've being listening to the rolling stone top 500 all day in work, some good classics.

Freedbird is in there but so is Maggie May

Also in the footy Armenia 3 - 1 Slovakia

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                          Laughable!
                                          In the spirit of the last 24 hours
                                          <3 Liam. Struggles to keep straight face as Jesus goes off

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsEa_M7MqYE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsEa_M7MqYE[/ame]

Comment

Armenia about to beat Slovakia 3-1.
                                            Beat these Russians and were in nice shape.
                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                              I used Munster Group this year too, had claims 4 years ago and they came in with the best quote by far, 580 vs 800+. they only look for the previous 3 years driving history as opposed to most other companies who look for 5.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Just noticed this event on facebook.

You have been invite to "Liverpool Relegation Party"

Comment

Goggogogogogo Armenia

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                    Also in the footy Armenia 3 - 1 Slovakia
                                                    Pretty awesome result for Ireland, pull the miracle 6 from 6 over this week and we're firm favourites to top this group.

And Nova is the stone cold nuts, haven't listened to radio in years and now I've barely used my ipod in a few weeks. Phantom was good when it was pirate but went pretty terrible after, imho of course.

Saying that their top 500 songs list is a bit weak, but that's what happens when you leave things up to public opinion, you get things like Bertie in office and AC/DC 'you shook me all night' as the second best song of all time
                                                    Last edited by Sledgejammer; 08-10-10, 16:54.
                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Come on Armenia, awesome result for Ireland. Time for the pub

Comment

car is only worth about 5k, but for the peace of mind, 100 is worth it i think.
                                                        lol your piece of shit car is worth 5x my piece of shit car. Maybe 6 if yours was full of petrol and mine was empty

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post

Saying that their top 500 songs list is a bit weak, but that's what happens when you leave things up to public opinion, you get things like Bertie in office and AC/DC 'you shook me all night' as the second best song of all time
                                                          You gotta love how he slow-rolled the number 1. I nearly vomitted when lady gaga came on, then quickly changed to stairway. Got me!
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah, predictable too, but clearly not even Led Zepp's best song. Public opinion ftl
                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Post your real name and address so we can pass it on to the girls brothers.
                                                              Fucking moron creep.
                                                              Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Sure it makes a difference for her but it makes no difference to just how pathetic the no life, living with mammy loser who is running around the internet posting and reposting an unfunny thread is.
                                                              haha you have some serious mental issues. Hence you are the only one writing that crap. I dont live with my parents. Im friends with the dudes involved. I also have my own apartment. I also dont waste my time posting on the internet every day but you just annoyed me. Id picture you as an old man with not much of a life who is just bitter at young people having a laugh because you never got to have a fun childhood. amiright?

i already said its undersatandable now that they removed it after EVERYONE HAD A LAUGH. but you continued to be the only miserable sadcase.

and then the irony when raoul duke posts a picture of another random girl and you thank it!!! GET A LIFE!!!

Comment

Passed a hairdressers today which had a sign in the window "12 week blow dry €150". It has been unaccountably bothering me ever since. WTF is the service they are offering?

Also was flicking through a book on The Wire earlier on, looks quite good:
                                                                [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Truth-Be-Told/dp/1847675980/[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyO'furniture View Post
                                                                  haha you have some serious mental issues.
                                                                  I stopped ready at this point as OP clearly knows his shit.
                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    Passed a hairdressers today which had a sign in the window "12 week blow dry €150". It has been unaccountably bothering me ever since. WTF is the service they are offering?

Also was flicking through a book on The Wire earlier on, looks quite good:
                                                                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wire-Truth-B...dp/1847675980/
                                                                    Just type it into google

Exclusive 12 week blowdry salon treatment The 12 week blow-dry is a revolutionary treatment for taming frizzy and unruly hair. With just one treatment your hair will have a smooth sleek salon blow-dried finish everyday for up to 12 weeks.
                                                                    The application takes approximately two hours and the result is an amazing transformation from wiry frizzy hair into easy-t...o-manage silky smooth hair.
                                                                    ph 01 8142909 for your free consultation

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                      Did anyone else get an email from PokerStars

kincsem, win tickets to all the England Rugby Investec Internationals only at PokerStars

My reply by email
                                                                      Why would an Irish person want to support England?
                                                                      Its not exactly a giant leap, given most people support an English soccer team is it?

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyO'furniture View Post
                                                                        Id picture you as an old man with not much of a life who is just bitter at young people having a laugh because you never got to have a fun childhood. amiright?
                                                                        Scary !

What do you charge for the full reading ?
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                          You gotta love how he slow-rolled the number 1. I nearly vomitted when lady gaga came on, then quickly changed to stairway. Got me!
                                                                          I would have considered that a pretty sick slow roll tbh

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            I went with No Nonsense this year and got the cheapest insurance ever - they really undercut their rivals. It is just FBD Insurance re-branded, so if you are already with FBD they won't quote you. Was with 123.ie last year, also pretty damn cheap. You do get what you pay for though, I wasn't comprehensive either year.
                                                                            +1 on No Nonsense.

I paid €880 with Hibernian which was the cheapest at the time, they quoted €830 for the 2nd year so I shopped around and got it down to €295 with no nonsense tpf&t this year.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx6FV2qR2TY[/ame]
                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                Its not exactly a giant leap, given most people support an English soccer team is it?
                                                                                Ah that old chestnut.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Ah that old chestnut.
                                                                                  Just sayin' is all.

Comment

Pain! Out of nowhere (seemingly) my elbow started giving me lots of pain today. I dont remember banging it against anything. Its a bit swollen/sticky outy, but to touch it seems a bit mushy as opposed to bone sticking out or anything

Any ideas oh great BBV? Am I just gonna have to suck it up?

Comment

Fuck off Iarnrod Eireann or Irish Rail or whatever the fuck you are calling yourselves now!

Checked prices a couple of days ago for train tickets up to Dublin and back next weekend. They were €40 return..checked again yesterday and they were €52..wtf? but whatever it's only €12. Just checked there and they're up to €72..wtf is with that?!

In summary
                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                        Pain! Out of nowhere (seemingly) my elbow started giving me lots of pain today. I dont remember banging it against anything. Its a bit swollen/sticky outy, but to touch it seems a bit mushy as opposed to bone sticking out or anything

Any ideas oh great BBV? Am I just gonna have to suck it up?
                                                                                        only one thing for it:

SPOILER

Comment

reckon Arshavin will be hard to contain tonight. 8 tp 1 1st goal ?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            only one thing for it:

SPOILER
                                                                                            yep its definitely under consideration.

Comment

me mudder sez drink some cod liver oil. well she would say.

Comment

Montenegro 13/8 home to the swiss. Get on it.

Comment

If you get some luke warm water and some comfort . No wait that's for the pissy mattress , never mind just carry on

Comment

Beer should dull the pain for a bit. To the pub post haste!

Comment

C'mon Ireland imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                        If I was visiting Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis's house for a swingers party, I'd find it difficult to decide which one to shag first.
                                                                                                        Pretty sure this is the answer:

SPOILER

Comment

Montenegro 13/8 home to the swiss. Get on it.
                                                                                                          You know they're missing their playmaker Jovetic from Fiorentina, prob their best player along with Vucenic. I doubt they have the squad depth to cope with such a loss.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Can't decide on Russia's kit..it's either slick as fuck or disgusting!!
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Come on lads, step up to the plate now!

Comment

A win here is HUGE. One time.

Comment

jdbfoi awhfdxpoansdfkxBKVBGWX

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

the luck of the what ? feck off

Comment

Fuck off
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Load of fucking bollocks

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X