This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    how did your numbers finish up in the end? still number 1 political party in DCU?
    yeah easily. we're up 50% on last year actually!

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
      The price on Betfair is now 11.5.

"Liverpool could face points loss" on CEEFAX ..... possible nine points loss if Kop Holdings go into administration ...... if sale to Boston Red Sox is not completed by 15 October.
      You got them at 100/1, right?

You gonna lay now?
      eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
        yeah easily. we're up 50% on last year actually!
        sicko marketing skills well played (because you have to admit it has fcuk all to do with politics)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          So dat thread/girl was known to IPBers? Dats diff so imo, i thought it was just a 2+2 steal, not right den to contine it, ireland is tiny
          what the fuck?
          have you been hit in the head?
          Or posting from a phone?

Edit: nvm Tom got there first
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            what the fuck?
            have you been hit in the head?
            Or posting from a phone?
            Ketosis has kicked in obviously

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              sicko marketing skills well played (because you have to admit it has fcuk all to do with politics)
              One of our guys was just an absolute machine tbh.

People who were interested in politics were going to sign up without any help (or were much more likely to be one of the people giving out). Had to lol at the FG people trying to sign up people trying to talk about policies. Not very sexy

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                Enda needs to step down for the sake of his party - he is just not what the country wants in an opposition leader / taoiseach-in-waiting. Even though charisma doesn't matter to a lot of us, it matters to enough of the electorate ('arise and follow Charlie'! you bunch of imbeciles) that the parties need to get a charismatic person in front of the cameras as top dog. FF would undoubtedly get a jump in the polls if they ditched the dreadful Cowen for Lenihan, despite the latter's poor record since becoming Finance Minister; most people probably would guess he's done a sterling job!

We need a benign dictatorship!
                I know little about politics but this has been my default position since I was a young lad, a benevolent dictator.
                Seriously need to cut though all the red tape and b.s, I don't understand the current set up.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                yeah, it's very hard to justify giving SW benefits to middle-class families in this climate (even though that will cost me €3600 p.a.)

I'm sure the dole will take another trimming too - convergence with UK rates seems likely over the 4 year period
                I think the cost of living in the UK is lower to here. They spend more on social housing needs according to a Frontline report a while ago.

O Cuiv has confirmed that this year's budget cuts will be in the order of 4.3bn

with PS pay protected under the Croke Park farrango, that leaves a fairly narrow base for savings

bye bye child benefit imo
                I was catching up on watching The Frontline last night.
                News to me was the fact that child benefit rates increase with each child from the third child onwards.
                I don't understand the logic behind this. I'd understand if they were the same, I could understand if they dropped a bit with each child.

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                The price on Betfair is now 11.5.

"Liverpool could face points loss" on CEEFAX ..... possible nine points loss if Kop Holdings go into administration ...... if sale to Boston Red Sox is not completed by 15 October.
                After a number of extensions, I can't see RBS choosing to call in the debt at this stage which could jeopardize the deal.

On another note, here's a World Debt clock as per the economist.
                Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-10-10, 13:10.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                  You got them at 100/1, right?
                  You gonna lay now?
                  Liverpool 131.72 €14.88 €1,945.12

I'll wait until they are odds on. Its not much of a win if I lay off at these prices.

Comment

top 40 out of top 500 on nova now
                    should be a good afternoon
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                      I was catching up on watching The Frontline last night.
                      News to me was the fact that child benefit rates increase with each child from the third child onwards.
                      I don't understand the logic behind this. I'd understand if they were the same, I could understand if they dropped a bit with each child.
                      Traveller reverso tax imo
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Never knew that. That's insane.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          I have a few quid on Matt already. The best voice by a long way. Also a little flutter on Storm Lee to be top over 28s and a small e/w bet on the win.

Such a shame that Hussstle couldn't sing. Would have been nice to see more of the below. NSFW tags not working but they are defo NSFW!

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER
                          Wow i was thinking shes the hottest thing ever during the show.
                          Didnt know she did nudity!!!
                          Your best post ever imo.
                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            EMobile the new eircon mobile company were doing great offers on them last week and their tariffs look fairly good. BUT they are poxy eircon and everytime I have to deal with them they make me want to cry.
                            So I went after Vodafone who I've had no problem with ever and I've had a contract with them since right back Eircell and the Motorola brick (must be nearly 20 years now ) Anyway I was trying to talk them into giving me a free Desire and it went on over a couple of days because I really don't want to have to move. Now both companies are sold out of Desires and are waiting for the new HD edition of it to come in which is going to be dearer. Sigh!

What about the Samsung Galaxy Wave, whats the catch with it? Does it not do everything that the HTC does?
                            No idea.
                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                              Never knew that. That's insane.
                              and you get more for twins!

multiple births ftw

Comment

Got a new iPod Touch yesterday and remembered I had €2 left over on a 3V card couldnt really buy anything until it popped into my head angry birds from the app store is on 79c sweet gonna log some mad hours trying to clear it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                  top 40 out of top 500 on nova now
                                  should be a good afternoon
                                  Why hasn't there been a station like Nova over here before?? Who would have known playing good music is a premise for a successful radio station.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

O Cuiv has confirmed that this year's budget cuts will be in the order of 4.3bn

with PS pay protected under the Croke Park farrango, that leaves a fairly narrow base for savings

bye bye child benefit imo
                                    What a crock of shit and me with nearly a 5 a side team

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                      just make sure one of 'em is good at football, then flog him off to the highest bidder aged 12

sit back, lit up cigar with €50 notes

job done

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                        Why hasn't there been a station like Nova over here before?? Who would have known playing good music is a premise for a successful radio station.
                                        Phantom FM for those of you who like a little more than easy listening. Been around about 7 years now.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                          Phantom FM for those of you who like a little more than easy listening. Been around about 7 years now.
                                          Phantom is way older than that. I remember going to their first live event about 12 years ago, waiting outside some tiny little place on the quay where the evening press building used to be. No lights on, no one showed up to run it, nothing happened, so we just went to Doran's. Ah the pirate days. It was a far better station then than it is now too.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                            meh, it's very hit and miss IMO. The dj's all seem to put on fake American accents too which is annoying. Today FM is good for comedy but Nova is the nuts as far as music is concerned!
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

just make sure one of 'em is good at football, then flog him off to the highest bidder aged 12

sit back, lit up cigar with €50 notes

job done
                                              I also have golfing on the go just in case the football does not work out!!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                Got a new iPod Touch yesterday and remembered I had €2 left over on a 3V card couldnt really buy anything until it popped into my head angry birds from the app store is on 79c sweet gonna log some mad hours trying to clear it.
                                                Hmmm strange!

Just seen that they have released paid apps for the HTC Desire so I said I would get angry birds as well for my phone went to go and buy it but there was no money left on the card, checked the details and its showing up as €1.98 for the game from the app store?

Anybody every have any trouble with the app store?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                  Speaking of football, any interest in another ipb footy game?
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                    Yeah I reckon we will get plenty of numbers now the site has grown, start a thread and see what the interest is like. Ideally after the 25th October would suit me.

Comment

yeah Rekop was better when it was a pirate alright. I said about 7 , didn't know exactly how old as even then I listened to US stations on the PC at my old desk in MSFT into the wee small hours of the morning, helping create this ficticious boom

Ohh the memories.

actually Anna Livia play good stuff at times.

great stuff on Nova today alright.

Comment

I can't see anything about this now but there used to be details of a one off payment you got when you had a baby. (don't know if was for everyone or those on social welfare).
                                                        It was a small one off payment - about €9.60 or €13-?? or the like.

Always made me lol as it seemed pretty random and I have no idea what it was intended for.
                                                        Registering the birth maybe? A few pints?

Can't find head nor tail of it now.

Here it is.

A maternity cash grant of €10.16 on the birth of each child.
                                                        Might email them and ask what it is intended for.
                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 08-10-10, 13:57.

Comment

Thought you were heading away?

I'd be up for one end of Oct/early Nov anyway.

Comment

Meh,the country is ready for a real pirate radio station IMO,one run by actual pirates.

"Arrrrrrr,here be the sea-area forecast.2 Spanish galleons be floundering of the West coast.Strike the bones me maties,Arrrrrrr."
                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Wasn't Nova around years back as a pirate station? A bit before my time but I think it was around in the 80s. I don't listen to radio anyway though, seems pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                Thought you were heading away?

I'd be up for one end of Oct/early Nov anyway.
                                                                I am, gone nov 28th! Slogging around saying my goodbyes til then, and sure what better way for you to say goodbye than by chopping me down as I skip past you en route to screamer!!
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

wtf

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AzpByR3MvI[/ame]

Comment

A better WTF imo

NSFW!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQp5l4-sfFA[/ame]

Comment

[ ] real pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                        Wasn't Nova around years back as a pirate station? A bit before my time but I think it was around in the 80s. I don't listen to radio anyway though, seems pointless.
                                                                        Apparentely so according to wiki anyway, wouldn't remember myself as I was only born in 87

Anybody know whose funding it?? They've really hammered some money into the marketting of it, you can't walk very far without seeing it advertised somewhere.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

my daughter loves that one! I find it mildly disturbing

Comment

I'm only playing if I can be upfront and wear number 9. After my stint in goal the last time I think I've earned it.

Also I want to take all penalty kicks, direct free kicks, corner kicks and throws in when in the opposition half. Oh and somebody fit needs to play up front beside me so that they can do all the running while I poach the goals.
                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Speaking of Pirates and I actually dont like the movies but fan of Johnny Depp. Pretty cool from him.

Johnny Depp is one of the few people in Hollywood that you never ever hear anything bad about in any way. He’s talented, he’s humble, he works hard, and he does things like tip waiters $4,000.

So what did Mr. Wonderful do this time? Oh nothing. Just showed up unannounced in a little girls classroom, in full character as Capt. Jack Sparrow, after she wrote him a letter asking for help staging a ‘mutiny’ against the teachers. The Daily Mail says…

The school was told just ten minutes before that Depp would be arriving and two blacked-out cars swept through the school gates.
                                                                              An onlooker said she heard the most ‘incredible screams of joy’ as the actor, in full make-up, then entered the school.
                                                                              In an interview on London Tonight after the visit, Beatrice revealed what she had written in the letter to the star - or rather his salty seadog alter ego.
                                                                              She said: ‘Captain Jack Sparrow, At Meridian Primary School, we are a bunch of budding young pirates and we were having a bit of trouble mutiny-ing against the teachers, and we’d love if you could come and help.
                                                                              ‘Beatrice Delap, aged nine, a budding pirate.’
                                                                              She said that she was then asked by the star to make herself known from the assembled pupils once he arrived, and gave her a cuddle.
                                                                              Beatrice marvelled: ‘He gave me a hug and he said, “Maybe we shouldn’t mutiny today ‘cos there are police outside monitoring me.”‘

When his daughter was sick in 2007, with a rather serious blood disease after stepping on a rusty nail, Depp would go to the hospital as Sparrow, in full character then too, and read books to groups of kids for hours at a time. And after she recovered, he went back to the hospital, completely unannounced, and gave them 2 million dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                I'm only playing if I can be upfront and wear number 9. After my stint in goal the last time I think I've earned it.

Also I want to take all penalty kicks, direct free kicks, corner kicks and throws in when in the opposition half. Oh and somebody fit needs to play up front beside me so that they can do all the running while I poach the goals.
                                                                                Deal!

I'll stick up a thread later.

Where'll I put it actually? Community I spose but I'd rather somewhere with max exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  Speaking of Pirates and I actually dont like the movies but fan of Johnny Depp. Pretty cool from him.
                                                                                  That's brilliant, what a cool bloke.
                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I am, gone nov 28th! Slogging around saying my goodbyes til then, and sure what better way for you to say goodbye than by chopping me down as I skip past you en route to screamer!!
                                                                                    First time for everything I suppose

Comment

kinda surprised to see cts working for labour

Comment

meh, it's very hit and miss IMO. The dj's all seem to put on fake American accents too which is annoying. Today FM is good for comedy but Nova is the nuts as far as music is concerned!
                                                                                        That DJ with the english accent gets on me wick no end.

Comment

and you get more for twins!

multiple births ftw
                                                                                          No more boob jobs....

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Fuck this,I'm going for a pint.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                              Fuck this,I'm going for a pint.
                                                                                              I have to wait til 6. Was kinda hoping there were be 6/7 twists in WW 14 to keep me occupied.

Maybe I should just put something in

Comment

I need to stop using my work email as my default for all of my business

what do people recommend as a decent email provider? gmail??

Comment

I'm heading into the Silver Tassie in the Gaiety tonight - heard it's been getting really mixed reviews, so fingers crossed! Will defo have a good few pints afterwards so it will be a good night one way or the other...missing the sports as a result though, that's what happens when you book these things too far in advance.

The top 20 on Nova has justed kicked off with Derek & The Dominos..surprised they weren't further up the list. Wonder where Stairway to Heaven come in at? It has the weight of expectation behind it but I'd prefer to see the full version (live preferrably) of Freebird sneak in in front of it.

Comment

I need to stop using my work email as my default for all of my business

what do people recommend as a decent email provider? gmail??
                                                                                                    Yeah, gmail is the only one to use imo.
                                                                                                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I'm heading into the Silver Tassie in the Gaiety tonight - heard it's been getting really mixed reviews, so fingers crossed! Will defo have a good few pints afterwards so it will be a good night one way or the other...missing the sports as a result though, that's what happens when you book these things too far in advance.
                                                                                                      I was there last night

have a few pints before imo. Two intervals for further scooping opportunity.

Act II is an 'interesting' interpretation

Comment

I was there last night

have a few pints before imo. Two intervals for further scooping opportunity.

Act II is an 'interesting' interpretation
                                                                                                        Balls

At least it will set up Enron next week nicely, low expectations and all of that.

Comment

Balls

At least it will set up Enron next week nicely, low expectations and all of that.
                                                                                                          that's what I'm hoping too, what night are you hitting Enron?

Comment

Some random songs/tunes I've heard over the last month or 2...

SPOILER
                                                                                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnWDVPINu60[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOyfLBYtuU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K59pJ3I5u8M[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGOiIfih8Ls[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u_83y75ZG0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0prFicLgXxw[/ame]
                                                                                                            It's all an illusion

Comment

Did anyone else get an email from PokerStars

kincsem, win tickets to all the England Rugby Investec Internationals only at PokerStars

My reply by email
                                                                                                              Why would an Irish person want to support England?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                  Read a great review of B for Baby in the Telegraph yesterday. Has anyone been to it?
                                                                                                                  whenever I see the words 'Abbey Theatre' and 'world premiere' in the same sentence, I have an overwhelming desire to start screaming very loudly

Comment

that's what I'm hoping too, what night are you hitting Enron?
                                                                                                                    Wednesday - how about you?

Comment

Wednesday - how about you?
                                                                                                                      Thursday! bringing my mother, hoping for severe lack of full-frontal nudity and\or simulated sex scenes (unlike the last 2 times I've brought her to plays )

typical post-theatre conversation:

her (brightly); well that was....interesting

me (sweating profusely); yes, interesting

Comment

Armenia a goal up against Slovakia in our group. Would be huge for us if Armenia could get anything out of this game.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X