Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glyn, try the Adirondack Mountain region.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Glyn, try the Adirondack Mountain region.
      yeah, but with small kids?

I'm thinking Cape Cod or somewhere tbh as there'll be plenty of kiddie-friendly facilities
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I thought Washington DC was pretty cool well worth a visit anyway

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          The reason the thread stayed alive as long as it did even is because I assumed it was either a random internet person or else a photoshop job. When it became clear that it was an Irish person, and more to the point someone that was known to some people on here, then it stopped being funny even slightly. We are not here to sneer or bully random people. I realise there is possibly some hypocrisy in me saying it was OK if it was a random internet person, but it being someone that people here knew brought it home to me that it wouldn't be OK even if it was a random person, but it is somehow less bad though.

Anyways, what keane2097 said.
          I've obviously gotten far older than I ever thought - even when I thought the person was anonymous I didn't think it was particularly funny! That said, I think 99% of 'hilarious things' on 2+2 / 4chan / wherever on the internet are barely chuckleworthy...I must have a humour malfunction or something. Looking forward to Ross Noble's gig next month though, funniest guy on the planet IMHO!

Comment

lol at people not reading question in competitions.

I am either not communicating it very well or they just don't have the time. Either way it is doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              I thought Washington DC was pretty cool well worth a visit anyway
              yeah and the Chesapeake Bay area is really nice too imo

plus you get to re-enact scenes from The West Wing in your head

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                In all fairness, I'm pretty sure I know one of those girls to see.

It's one thing posting on 2+2 where there's a much smaller chance of the person being laughed at finding out about it.

On here we've had a couple of people already say they know the people in those pictures.

It would be absolutely terrible for that girl if somebody that knew her saw the thread and let it slip to her.

Cheap laughs are great and all, but that would be absolutely soul-destroying for a girl.

It was a great thread and hilarious while it lasted, but totally not worth it to keep it alive.

WP mods imo.
                Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Doesn't really matter who you are you are a fool. That is all.
                Fair enough keane i guess you are right. lol at strewelpeter. somone get the mini violin out for this man/woman!!

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                Hey Paddy,

Believe me other forums would have banned you. However I thought your thread was hilarious WP.
                tyty

and no we have done it on numerous forums with no ban. granted some have deleted it but why on earth would it warrent a ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  yeah, but with small kids?

I'm thinking Cape Cod or somewhere tbh as there'll be plenty of kiddie-friendly facilities
                  Well yeah, the more beaten the tourist track the more family friendly the place will be.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                    Well yeah, the more beaten the tourist track the more family friendly the place will be.
                    obv. I'm pushing Vegas hard

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      This cant come soon enough for me. Anywhere in Dublin i can get the novels.

Comment

O Cuiv has confirmed that this year's budget cuts will be in the order of 4.3bn

with PS pay protected under the Croke Park farrango, that leaves a fairly narrow base for savings

bye bye child benefit imo

Comment

obv. I'm pushing Vegas hard
                          Maybe Atlantic City. Closer to NYC, its a seaside resort so bound to be something for the kids to do. And poker for you.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                            This cant come soon enough for me. Anywhere in Dublin i can get the novels.
                            Any comic shop should have them but it will cost ye €200+ to get up to date, but it is worth it.
                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by PaddyO'furniture View Post
                              Fair enough keane i guess you are right. lol at strewelpeter. somone get the mini violin out for this man/woman!!

tyty

and no we have done it on numerous forums with no ban. granted some have deleted it but why on earth would it warrent a ban.
                              Post your real name and address so we can pass it on to the girls brothers.
                              Fucking moron creep.
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If the cousins had the thread, nobody would get hurt, and Stunty may get a giggle or two...

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Any comic shop should have them but it will cost ye €200+ to get up to date, but it is worth it.
                                  Great, might pop in to Forbidden planet in the morning so

Comment

Isn't a bit strange all the same that at this stage of the game FG are the ones that are so easy to ridicule? We spend most of the other day needling them, and most of our posters were making fun of Enda (which leo varadkar complemented ) and they never seemed to be able to retort.

Comment

Great, might pop in to Forbidden planet in the morning so
                                      Go to Sub City just off Georges Street, might be cheaper. Don't think they will have the full 12 but might have the books. Actually seems to be much cheaper online

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Walking-Dead-Book-Bk/dp/1582406197/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1286537933&sr=8-2[/ame]

First 5 books for £75ish
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

bye bye child benefit imo
                                        I agree with means testing for child benefit in a way. it will help bring in some extra revenue which is needed tbf

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                          Go to Sub City just off Georges Street, might be cheaper. Don't think they will have the full 12 but might have the books. Actually seems to be much cheaper online

First 5 books for £75ish

Thanks, i'll try sub city for the first book and get the rest online.

Edit: Sub City have the first 48 issues in a compendium for €60 which i'm picking up tomorrow..bye bye Sunday

Last edited by TomD; 08-10-10, 12:07.

Comment

In all fairness, I'm pretty sure I know one of those girls to see.

It's one thing posting on 2+2 where there's a much smaller chance of the person being laughed at finding out about it.

On here we've had a couple of people already say they know the people in those pictures.

It would be absolutely terrible for that girl if somebody that knew her saw the thread and let it slip to her.

Cheap laughs are great and all, but that would be absolutely soul-destroying for a girl.

It was a great thread and hilarious while it lasted, but totally not worth it to keep it alive.

WP mods imo.
                                            I agree with most of that but what difference does it make where the pathetic creep posts it, the odds of her finding the thread don't make any difference.

Comment

I see this

and raise you this

eight year olds Dude
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Post your real name and address so we can pass it on to the girls brothers.
                                                Fucking moron creep.
                                                Lol! Normally I'd be all for this but something similar happened to myself recently and sure didn't I get arrested for assault!

Apparently, violence is not the answer.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                  Lol! Normally I'd be all for this but something similar happened to myself recently and sure didn't I get arrested for assault!

Apparently, violence is not the answer.
                                                  Trip report

Comment

I agree with most of that but what difference does it make where the pathetic creep posts it, the odds of her finding the thread don't make any difference.
                                                    Course they do.

If the girl actually finds the thread it's obv a much worse situation than if she goes through her life totally unaware of it.

Comment

Don't think I'm meant to register for the IPO. Going around in circles trying to get into my boyles account. Mostly my fault.

Comment

Course they do.

If the girl actually finds the thread it's obv a much worse situation than if she goes through her life totally unaware of it.
                                                        Sure it makes a difference for her but it makes no difference to just how pathetic the no life, living with mammy loser who is running around the internet posting and reposting an unfunny thread is.

Comment

Anyone watching season 3 of fringe ? Been such a good start to the season.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                            Isn't a bit strange all the same that at this stage of the game FG are the ones that are so easy to ridicule? We spend most of the other day needling them, and most of our posters were making fun of Enda (which leo varadkar complemented ) and they never seemed to be able to retort.
                                                            Enda needs to step down for the sake of his party - he is just not what the country wants in an opposition leader / taoiseach-in-waiting. Even though charisma doesn't matter to a lot of us, it matters to enough of the electorate ('arise and follow Charlie'! you bunch of imbeciles) that the parties need to get a charismatic person in front of the cameras as top dog. FF would undoubtedly get a jump in the polls if they ditched the dreadful Cowen for Lenihan, despite the latter's poor record since becoming Finance Minister; most people probably would guess he's done a sterling job!

We need a benign dictatorship!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                              Anyone watching season 3 of fringe ? Been such a good start to the season.

Opr
                                                              Yeah. Nice to see it finally getting a decent overall arc after the questionable season 1.
                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Trip report
                                                                I'm in work at the minute, but I'll do it later! Interesting enough situation I was in, all sorted now though! Cops were particularly retarded in the whole debacle though!
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                  I thought that was wayne rooney.
                                                                  Tis Flea, bassist from RHCP

Comment

I agree with means testing for child benefit in a way. it will help bring in some extra revenue which is needed tbf
                                                                    yeah, it's very hard to justify giving SW benefits to middle-class families in this climate (even though that will cost me €3600 p.a.)

I'm sure the dole will take another trimming too - convergence with UK rates seems likely over the 4 year period

Comment

yeah, it's very hard to justify giving SW benefits to middle-class families in this climate (even though that will cost me €3600 p.a.)

I'm sure the dole will take another trimming too - convergence with UK rates seems likely over the 4 year period
                                                                      whats your position on means testing for medical cards?

Comment

Probably very old, but I lol'd

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          Enda needs to step down for the sake of his party - he is just not what the country wants in an opposition leader / taoiseach-in-waiting. Even though charisma doesn't matter to a lot of us, it matters to enough of the electorate ('arise and follow Charlie'! you bunch of imbeciles) that the parties need to get a charismatic person in front of the cameras as top dog.
                                                                          who do you replace him with though?

I know, strewelpeter's local friendly councillor, Emma Kiernan! She certainly seems to have what it takes in the charisma department imo

We need a benign dictatorship!
                                                                          V for Vendetta and I are waiting in the wings

you can be our Josef Goebbels

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                            Yeah. Nice to see it finally getting a decent overall arc after the questionable season 1.
                                                                            Yeah once they veered away from the monster of the week stuff the show really starts to come good. I really hope enough people are sticking with the show as the story is now so convoluted that I worry about viewing figures in the U.S.

Opr

Comment

Sure it makes a difference for her but it makes no difference to just how pathetic the no life, living with mammy loser who is running around the internet posting and reposting an unfunny thread is.
                                                                              I don't disagree with any of this.

Comment

whats your position on means testing for medical cards?
                                                                                no medical card for anybody who earns more than 20k p.a.

edit; and another thing! (he said, Alf Garnett style) cut the damn rates that we reimburse doctors for treating medical card holders. Same goes for free Legal Aid. Professionals need to share the pain.

and no dispensing of patented drugs when a generic alternative is available. Too much cosy shite going on between doctors and Big Pharma.
                                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 08-10-10, 12:40.

Comment

no medical card for anybody who earns more than 20k p.a.
                                                                                  maybe a bit extreme on your side Id have the cut off a bit higher. The arguements for not means testing medical cards and in particular child benefit are lol worthy.

On another note a valiant effort by FF to try and lure the opposition into a "whole govenrment" to make the tough decisions that will result in them losing about half a dozen seats. droolers dont like cuts. the Labour party is testement to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                    Yeah once they veered away from the monster of the week stuff the show really starts to come good. I really hope enough people are sticking with the show as the story is now so convoluted that I worry about viewing figures in the U.S.

Opr
                                                                                    This seems to be a standard approach for most new sci-fi though.

S1: Monster/issue of the week and some small character building
                                                                                    S2: Some of S1 and start to bring in wider arcs
                                                                                    S3 onwards: More of the same but the arcs start playing a bigger role.

A lot of shows that deviate from this format (defying gravity for example) don't seem to last.
                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Finished watching season 4 of the wire last night

SPOILER
                                                                                      FFS I cant believe they killed Bodie he was one of my favs

Comment

Raoul, have you that picture of Emma Kiernan (?) saved on your hard drive

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          Raoul, have you that picture of Emma Kiernan (?) saved on your hard drive
                                                                                          no, why?

Comment

I have no problem with water charges, increased taxes and the likes. Needs means and all.

However, if they don't abolish the Seanad and cut the number of TD's in half then we should burn the Dail.

Also I want to see that 1m bonus to Roddy Molloy taken back off him and his fucking car too actually (I have a hard on about that one and I wont' let it go).

Comment

no, why?
                                                                                              You like posting it is all.

Not that I don't mind seeing it every so often

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHx8y1rFjdk[/ame]

Comment

I would insigate a televised riot under a Raoulitarian government

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    You like posting it is all.

Not that I don't mind seeing it every so often
                                                                                                    strewelpeter is usually the culprit imo

I also don't mind seeing it, always nice to put a name to the tits face of our public representatives

Comment

So dat thread/girl was known to IPBers? Dats diff so imo, i thought it was just a 2+2 steal, not right den to contine it, ireland is tiny

Comment

I would insigate a televised riot under a Raoulitarian government
                                                                                                        the revolution will not be televised

Comment

you can be our Josef Goebbels

Comment

the revolution will not be televised
                                                                                                            Sk y have the rights sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                              So dat thread/girl was known to IPBers? Dats diff so imo, i thought it was just a 2+2 steal, not right den to contine it, ireland is tiny
                                                                                                              Are you posting from a phone or are you drunk? Fcking text speak!!!

Comment

you are a class enemy and will be eliminated accordingly

sorry and all

Comment

Sk y have the rights sorry.
                                                                                                                  The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal.
                                                                                                                  The revolution will not get rid of the nubs.
                                                                                                                  The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner,
                                                                                                                  Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother

Comment

Liverpool relegation

The price on Betfair is now 11.5.

"Liverpool could face points loss" on CEEFAX ..... possible nine points loss if Kop Holdings go into administration ...... if sale to Boston Red Sox is not completed by 15 October.

Comment

Another Clement Freud one, he was such a legend!

"In 1978 I was on a parliamentary delegation to Japan and returned via China during the Cultural Revolution, a choice also made by young Winston Churchill, then the Conservative MP for Stretford. On my final day I was debriefed by the Minister for Information who asked if there was anything at all I would like to ask. I said: “Yes. Everything you do, you do with extreme care and precision. When I ask questions that your government does not like, my driver calls for me five minutes later than arranged. When I ask if there are any blind or handicapped children in China, I get cabbage soup for dinner.

“Now I am in your country with a colleague, than whom I am older, have been in parliament longer, have held higher positions in our respective political parties: we are both staying at the Peking Palace Hotel and his suite is bigger than mine. Why?”

The Minister, very embarrassed, finally said: “It is because Mr Churchill had a famous grandfather.” It is the only time that I have been out-grandfathered."

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord
                                                                                                                        i've actually met a lot of politicians over the last week or so and all i can say is, it's been a scary experience.
                                                                                                                        how did your numbers finish up in the end? still number 1 political party in DCU?

Comment

The revolution will not give your mouth sex appeal.
                                                                                                                          The revolution will not get rid of the nubs.
                                                                                                                          The revolution will not make you look five pounds thinner,
                                                                                                                          Because the revolution will not be televised, Brother
                                                                                                                          *cue some background junkyard music*

Andy Gray WILL report on it afterwards .
                                                                                                                          It WILL be in HIGH Density
                                                                                                                          The red button WILL get you a better camera angle.
                                                                                                                          The Reveloution will be Televised
                                                                                                                          The Reveloution will be Televised
                                                                                                                          The Reveloution WILL be Televised

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X