• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
    Autoglass repair.
    Autoglass replace.
    Confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      I found an apartment i want to take on kijiji/craigslist its 1100 a month and im taking it for 2 months.

Im taking this based on pictures.

She is looking for a 500 deposit whats my play only a fool would send that ?

Whats my play to try secure the apartment while here in Ireland.
      this for toronto?
      You can get cheaper once there.

Oh and fuck craigslist, while you may be a scammer, it's possible she is too.
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Anyone here ever been to Colorado? is it interesting enough to spend a couple of weeks in even with a good amount of driving around included? more summer time I'm thinking,v rather than snowy winter.
        Ive twice been to Aspen when I was younger, the place is unreal. Skiing is incredible if thats what you are into, but from what I remember there was nothing I didn't like about the place. Apparently it is just as busy during the summertime with various mountanous activities, hiking/mountain biking etc. The scenery is something else. Bear in mind though this was before I was old enough to go boozing so can't comment on that aspect of the place (I'm still not old enough lol )

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        On the American theme, if a young family (like 2 small kids + Dukes III) were to spend a week in NYC and then have 2 weeks to go elsewhere in the NE, where would the BBV recommend? (non-city as we'll be all citied out)
        May\June time

I've spent time in the Catskills and the Nantucket\Marthas Vineyard areas before.
        I was in Nantucket and loved it, but you've been there so no need for me to add anything really. Btw, did you get a flight there from Logan, or did you get the boat? I flew on this tiny Cessna airplane, I was so scared! Everyone had to be weighed when they checked in so the place would be balanced.

Someone else mentioned Burlinton, NH. I was in Vermont which is close by there and is lovely, but if you are anywhere around that area of the states, go to Manchester, Vermont. It's basically this really nice town, full of designer outlets. The Ralph Lauren one is well worth going to, they had a great selection the time I was there.

Comment

On the American theme, if a young family (like 2 small kids + Dukes III) were to spend a week in NYC and then have 2 weeks to go elsewhere in the NE, where would the BBV recommend? (non-city as we'll be all citied out)
          May\June time

I've spent time in the Catskills and the Nantucket\Marthas Vineyard areas before.
          Maybe a bit far from New York (I think it's about 4/500 miles), but I think South Carolina would be ideal for that kind of trip. The drive isn't that bad as far as I can remember. I was in Charleston and Savannah with the family years ago and would definitely go back to both. Lots to do in both for kids and yourselves. Ideal time to visit as well. Pretty interesting history there and really nice areas. I'd definitely look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            I usually just watch it on the NBC site. Been a great game to watch so far with loads of action.

This happened only a few hands into the session.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1J4isFZ640[/ame]

Opr
            Last edited by Opr; 07-10-10, 17:20.

Comment

May\June time

Internal flight to San Francisco imo
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Tipp I'd be pretty wary of paying anything upfront, I know there's loads of scams here. Best bet is to stay in a hostel or somewhere for a week or two and view the legit places.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  what is the address?
                  if i get a chance later on I'll do some sleuthing
                  It was 192.168.1.100 James. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                    I sent a bank draft in advance of moving to Toronto. Standard imo, think of it from her point of view. You could be any ol' scammer.
                    this for toronto?
                    You can get cheaper once there.

Oh and fuck craigslist, while you may be a scammer, it's possible she is too.
                    Not great for a man in 2 minds.

I was thinking of maybe offering her €100 as a token to prove i will move.

She seems to be genuine i chatted on phone for 5 minutes to her.

I dont seem to see much cheaper and ive been researching with a few weeks. $1100 seems to be decent for a central 1 bed apartment in Toronto.

I arrive the 25th of Nov so im thinking offer her the $100 now then the rest when i meet her / see apartment. Im not due to move in her place until 1st if i do take it.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Where is that apt? I was paying $1100 for a 1 bed basement apt in Bloor West in 2001 so I dunno how much cheaper you can get!

Comment

Liam Sheedy? WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          Liam Sheedy? WTF!
                          Rumour has it there was something going on involving Lar Corbett's wife or something...

Comment

Hey all, just back from 4 days in sunny Malta, nice enough place but I'm glad to be back in Ireland to be honest, we've a better thing going on here in the depths of a recession than most places out there! Anyhow, doubt I'll be able to read through everything I've missed, so cliffs from last Sunday evening to now?

Comment

Yay, Modern Family is back. New series starting on sky1 now!!
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Hurling championship draw 2011

Leinster

Prelim
                                Antrim v Laois
                                Carlow v Westmeath

QF
                                Antrim/Laois v Wexford
                                Carlow/Westmeath v Galway
                                Dublin v Offaly

SF
                                Dublin/Offaly v Galway/Carlow/Westmeah
                                Kilkennt v Antrim/Laois/Wexford

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X_C9V56rI0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                    that's the default address for a router
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

that's the default address for a router
                                      edit:

ahhhh
                                      Is it the default address you are connecting to or your default IP address?

sure if you want me to do that teamviewer thing let me know

Comment

Munster Hurling 2010

QF
                                        Cork v Tipp

SF
                                        Limerick v Waterford
                                        Clare v Cork/Tipp

Comment

Fuckin 'ell

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inbnGw554Ks[/ame]
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Munster Hurling 2010

QF
                                            Cork v Tipp

SF
                                            Limerick v Waterford
                                            Clare v Cork/Tipp
                                            Handiest route for Waterford again \o/

Comment

Munster Football 2011

QF
                                              Kerry v Tipp
                                              Cork v clare

SF
                                              Limerick v Kerry/Tipp
                                              Waterford v Cork/Clare

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tonc76 View Post
                                                  Handiest route for Waterford again \o/
                                                  Limerick will be no pushovers this year imo. With Donal O Grady at the helm and a point to prove they'll be tricky opponents

Comment

Connacht Football 2011

QF
                                                    Leitrim v Sligo
                                                    Mayo v London
                                                    Roscommon v New York

SF
                                                    Galway v London/Mayo
                                                    Leitrim/Sligo v Roscommon/New York

Comment

Ulster Football 2011

Preliminary
                                                      Donegal v Antrim

QF
                                                      Donegal/Antrim v Cavan
                                                      Derry v Fermanagh
                                                      Armagh v Down
                                                      Tyrone v Monaghan

SF
                                                      Donegal/Antrim/Cavan v Derry/Fermanagh
                                                      Armagh/Down v Tyrone/Monaghan

Comment

Leinster Football 2011

Round 1
                                                        Kildare v Wicklow
                                                        Laois v Longford
                                                        Wexford v Offaly

QF
                                                        Kildare/Wicklow v Meath
                                                        Laois/Longford v Dublin
                                                        Wexford/Offaly v Westmeath
                                                        Carlow v Louth

SF
                                                        Kildare/Wicklow/Meath v Laois/Longford/Dublin
                                                        Wexford/Offaly/Westmeath v Carlow v Louth

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Limerick will be no pushovers this year imo. With Donal O Grady at the helm and a point to prove they'll be tricky opponents
                                                            Limerick will be tricky but they always have been bar last year with all the internal shenanigans?

Cork look like they need to rebuild, Clare are up and coming but still probably a year too early for them and Tipp have now set the bar.

Avoiding Tipp potentially until the MF will be a bonus

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                  edit:

ahhhh
                                                                  Is it the default address you are connecting to or your default IP address?

sure if you want me to do that teamviewer thing let me know
                                                                  Put the laptop on sleep while i was flying down to the shops earlier and when i came back, it had reset to the above address again. There's 3 laptops running a lot of the day but i'm clueless as to whats the address of the router or whatever.

No doubt it will be gone again tomorrow after i close down, so will let you know if it is. Handy enough to reset thanks to coillcam but just more of a pain in the arse. I ran full scans with avast and malwarebytes but nothing showed up

Comment

Comment

That monopoly board is awesome. I want to buy one!

Opr

Comment

Comment

So many things in Southern Europe make little to no sense.

I went to a branch of Santander (the bank) the other day and asked about opening an account. I was told I'd have to pay 50e to open it. Later that day I talked to my friend who'd gone to a different branch of Santander and had been told it cost 22euro to open an account.

Last week I went to a Yoigo shop (mobile phone operator) to try and switch to their network. The guy told me I'd have to pay a 10e deposit and then come back in a week and pay another 5r
                                                                          I went to a different Yoigo shop today and they did the exact same operation on the spot.

The icing on the cake though has to be the social security office. I went along with my passport and the appropriate form a few weeks ago and was told that I needed proof of address and employment. I went back three days later, with no contract or proof of address and was given a social security number no questions asked.

I remember this exact same randomness happening all the time in Italy.

Probably because I'm currently reading it, it reminds me a lot of the Diceman. I think all these people roll a dice and if its 1-3 they'll be a cunt, 4-6 and they'll help you out.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAneU22gAaM[/ame]

Comment

Seen some weird shit at the bus stop today. The bus stop was packed and there were two drunken 50+ers wearing the face off each other. At one stage he licked her nose ffs. Judging by the shenanigans I can only come to the conclusion that he lost his change up her arse crack

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                If there's 1 person on TV that deserves a smack in the mouth it's Jeremy Kyle

Comment

Savage shot, the man is a lethal weapon with an envelope.
                                                                                  Entirely deserved too.

Comment

Was so disappointed watching this I waiting for him to get floored

Opr

Comment

The missed a clear joke there.

Jeremy: The truth hurts huh?

Chavy new father: You tell me it hit you on the back of the head.

Comment

Hey all, I got a €150 voucher from Vodafone and I'm thinking of buying this phone: Nokia N5530, Touchscreen, 3.2 megapixel camera, video recording, MP3, etc.

Anyone have it or would recommend it? (I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these next generation phones )

Edit: found a reply to Shano88 earlier from tonc76 about the Nokia E5. Is this the same phone I'm talking about?
                                                                                        Last edited by bantee; 07-10-10, 21:13.

Comment

For all the Barca haters out there their lesser known, but equally successful basketball team just beat a pretty strong Lakers team. I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about basketball and it was only a friendly, but that's still fairly impressive.

Comment

x-post from the GAA thread

Limerick decent value at 10/1 for Munster Hurling Championship next year. They are straight through to the semi final and playing against a Waterford team that continue to struggle for scores. Limerick with a new manager, full squad and a point to prove after the strike will not be short of motivation and could very well get into the final. After that, who knows.

Comment

Speaking of new smartphones, I'm currently thinking about going for a HTC Wildfire rather than a HTC Desire - just don't think I will use the Desire anywhere near enough to justify getting a top-of-the-line phone. Does anyone have the Wildfire or have any thoughts on it?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                Speaking of new smartphones, I'm currently thinking about going for a HTC Wildfire rather than a HTC Desire - just don't think I will use the Desire anywhere near enough to justify getting a top-of-the-line phone. Does anyone have the Wildfire or have any thoughts on it?
                                                                                                If phones could make babies, then this HTC Wildfire would indubitably be the love child of the Desire and Nexus One. But of course, the humdrum reality is that 'tis just an Android 2.1 replacement for the entry-level Tattoo -- same 528MHz Qualcomm MSM7225 processor, 3.2-inch 320 x 240 capacitive LCD touchscreen instead of 2.8-inch resistive, 384MB RAM instead of 256MB, and a 5-megapixel camera instead of 3.2 (although quality matters more, obviously). So can this affordable handset provide enough bang for the buck to satisfy Europeans and Asians? Can the aging processor keep Sense UI well oiled? All will be revealed after the break.%Gallery-96128%
                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Just like to say that the latest episode of The Inbetweeners was the best one yet. Think it was zuutroy who mentioned it on Monday. For those of you that like the show you've got to see this episode! It's up on youtube on the 4OD channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                    Just like to say that the latest episode of The Inbetweeners was the best one yet. Think it was zuutroy who mentioned it on Monday. For those of you that like the show you've got to see this episode! It's up on youtube on the 4OD channel.
                                                                                                    Just watching it now on e4, brillant episode!

Comment

Wallstreet - Money Never Sleeps (spoiler tldr)

SPOILER

Possibly the worst film i have ever seem in the cinema. The script/dialogue was appalling. Actors obviously didnt give a shit. The score to the film was awful and can't understand how anyone put that kind of music with the film. Something i never notice in a film reall - editing - was really bad, scenes just finishing and another starting from some random point, i think at one point there was a kind of star swipe to a different scene The product placement was also hilarious. At one point in a meal Gecko asks for a heineken and there is a 2 second shot of a waiter putting a bottle of heineken on the table, laughable stuff. The only good scene was a meeting with charlie sheen and douglas so that about says it all...

Must watch Wallstreet to make sure it hasn't been ruined. Also Shia Lebouf or whatever the fuck his name is, no idea why he was in the film

Comment

FYI

The Hole, available now on iTunes. Snap....Crackle and pop.

hmmm, typing that made me think of "goody" , not the dead celeb, the breakfast dish....strange, 30 years since i had a bowl of that shite !
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          Snap....Crackle and pop.

the breakfast dish....strange, 30 years since i had a bowl of that shite !
                                                                                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TIsxTdrCU[/ame]

Don Draper would be amazed.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                            Love the bit at 30seconds where they throw half a kilo of sugar on top of the Krispies.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                                                              Hey all, I got a €150 voucher from Vodafone and I'm thinking of buying this phone: Nokia N5530, Touchscreen, 3.2 megapixel camera, video recording, MP3, etc.

Anyone have it or would recommend it? (I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to these next generation phones )

Edit: found a reply to Shano88 earlier from tonc76 about the Nokia E5. Is this the same phone I'm talking about?
                                                                                                              Different phones

Want to check your warranty? Or do you have a question about your order? Browse our FAQs or contact our support team.

Comment

I literally cant stop laughing at this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3woEDTUbDYg&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post

I have the 5530.

Really like it. Got it for 100 on metoer a while back. Broke once but still fine, comes with an 8g card so thats always good. Wifi is okish sometimes can be a bit slow connecting to a public network. No 3G so that's shit.

You could do alot worse then get this phone. But, you might be able to find better.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Nerds can resort to the most primitive and basic of retorts when given adequate ammo.

Bravo I think!
                                                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

Game Over

What would halloween be like without Saw to look forward to, last one apparently.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVQZIJr6z2g[/ame]
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X