X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    modern etiquette question for the BBV:

I'm working from home today as most of the office are off with half-term and I don't feel like going in to an empty office. So anyway, our cleaner comes every week on Wednesday morning. Moldovan lady, seems quite nice the couple of times I've met her.

Anyway, she does her thing and I am tip-tapping away at the laptop, making a few calls etc. She eventually finishes and comes in to say goodbye but as she's going she says that we have some nice DVDs and can she borrow one?

I'm a bit perplexed by this but say yes and away she goes.

Thoughts?
    Was it a blue?

Comment

Slightly strange, but can't see a problem as long as they get returned.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Was it a blue?
        no, some romcom shite of Mrs Stunt's
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm working from home today as most of the office are off with half-term and I don't feel like going in to an empty office. So anyway, our cleaner comes every week on Wednesday morning. Moldovan lady, seems quite nice the couple of times I've met her.

Anyway, she does her thing and I am tip-tapping away at the laptop, making a few calls etc. She eventually finishes and comes in to say goodbye but as she's going she says that we have some nice DVDs and can she borrow one?

Thoughts?
          lol im loving this. Someone please link the Seinfeld youtube clip where Geroge
          professes he has always been attracted to cleaning women and lets think of Raoul Duke III!.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            lol im loving this. Someone please link the Seinfeld youtube clip where Geroge
            professes he has always been attracted to cleaning women and lets think of Raoul Duke III!.
            it always comes back to Seinfeld with you doesn't it....

Comment

Wow, it is sick when you're 4 off the bubble, 97% on the flop to win the hand, and bubble...

poker break

Edit: hand in question.. Probably didn't play it optimally. (didn't realise that I had 3bet, your man had just instabet as soon as the table was dealt)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 300/600 Blinds 50 Ante (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (CO) (t9136)
              Button (t4855)
              SB (t2320)
              BB (t10970)
              UTG (t24000)
              MP (t7595)

Hero's M: 7.61

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, J
              UTG bets t1200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1800, 3 folds, UTG calls t600

Flop: (t4800) J, 3, J (2 players)
              UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t4800) 7 (2 players)
              UTG checks, Hero bets t1600, UTG calls t1600

River: (t8000) 10 (2 players)
              UTG bets t3600, Hero raises to t5686 (All-In), UTG calls t2086

Total pot: t19372

Results:
              UTG had 9, 8 (straight, Jack high).
              Hero had A, J (three of a kind, Jacks).
              Outcome: UTG won t19372

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post

nope still on.. min raise was a misclick btw
                Why are pockets 4s 3% to win the pot and pocket 9s are 2%.

Rigged.

Comment

no, some romcom shite of Mrs Stunt's
                  She's done you a favour so.

Comment

Were you expecting some kind of other question for her to ask? Alone in the house. Just finishing up after a hard days tapping on the keyboard. A lot of pent up frustration. Not a soul to disturb you.

And then she asks to borrow a DVD.

I can see why you were perplexed.

Comment

If she can afford a dvd player you should clearly be cutting her wages imo.

Comment

Thoughts?
                        What would you do if you came home and she was lying on your bed wearing your rupert the bear PJs.

Comment

Is the player Dagunman currently playing 50/1 HU on FTP John O'Shea??? He couldn't have BR for that surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgowho View Post
                            Is the player Dagunman currently playing 50/1 HU on FTP John O'Shea??? He couldn't have BR for that surely?
                            thats him alright..

Comment

Who is the guy he is playing ? (urnotindanger2)

Does that mean Isi is up around 1.5ish over the last two nights ?

Opr

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reJpj-rrsVQ[/ame]
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  says who? Mr Random Speculation esq?
                                  Was more a question really. Would you by any chance know the answer Mr Gimme a Break?

Comment

Originally posted by Belgowho View Post
                                    Even if he doesnt (IDK), many players shooting at high stakes split or sell action.

Prob BCB's case money imo

Comment

Does anyone know who URnotIndanger2 is?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ah yeah ship that woman the Dvds imo. Much love to her for asking!

Comment

anyone know a referal code for setting up a full tilt ac??

Comment

lol poker

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t1500)
                                              MP2 (t1400)
                                              MP3 (t1470)
                                              CO (t1600)
                                              Button (t1290)
                                              Hero (SB) (t1440)
                                              BB (t1670)
                                              UTG (t1560)
                                              UTG+1 (t1570)

Hero's M: 48.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
                                              3 folds, MP2 bets t60, 1 fold, CO calls t60, Button calls t60, Hero raises to t199, BB raises to t338, MP2 raises to t1400 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero raises to t1440 (All-In), BB calls t1102

Flop: (t4400) 10, 10, 3 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t4400) A (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t4400) 7 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t4400

Results:
                                              Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and tens).
                                              BB had J, 10 (three of a kind, tens).
                                              MP2 had Q, Q (two pair, Queens and tens).
                                              Outcome: BB won t4400

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                Make sure you go through an affiliate, whatever you do. All of the big affiliate sites have rakeback offers for FullTilt. Our own ianmc38 runs rakebackftw.com which is worth checking out if you want to help out someone in the community. Usual deal is 27% with the affiliate getting 3%.

Comment

This should help remind us all to keep our passwords secure. Poker players can never be too careful.

Otherwise you could be in the exact same situation and mood as this guy..

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                    This should help remind us all to keep our passwords secure. Poker players can never be too careful.

thats hilarious,nice room by the way

Comment

Is www.mlb.com not loading for anyone on NTL, if you wouldn't mind checking.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Not loading for me on vodafone @ home either. Site timed out.

Comment

working fine for me on upc/Ntl

this site - http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

is great in these situations

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post

Jabba has really let himself go since Star Wars.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                              Id sign up through Cardrunners if i were you.
                                                              Get 27% rb and $600 sign up bonus as standard and you get a free 3 month subscription and a free copy of HEM or Omaha manager, seems to be the best deal around.
                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

There is so much going on in the Mossad Assassination Murder in Dubai that its hard to figure out what the most amazing angle.
                                                                How do seventeen non nationals living in Israel all have their passports disapear without being reported?
                                                                Were they 'Clean' passports (Most Europeans who travel to Israel and the middle east have two passports one with and one without Israeli stamps)?
                                                                LOL at how much info the Dubai authorities were able to show in public, I haven't seen it mentioned yet but I'm fairly sure they have iris scans that can be used to nail the Mossad scumbags.

Yea Raoul, I know this is a war and I also know who the good slightly less evil guys are
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Yea Raoul, I know this is a war and I also know who the good slightly less evil guys are
                                                                  pre-emptive attack imo

Comment

Getting out for a quick 3 mile run at lunchtime is very refreshing!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                        I know the guy they were after wasn't any better, but it really is such a scumbaggy country
                                                                        all countries beginning with I are scumbaggy imo

edit: what really seems wierd is that if this guy was a senior member of Hamas (as he appears to have been), how come he had zero protection? Seems odd. Mossad have been assassinating terorists for ages across the ME so it can hardly have been a surprise to Hamas that they might target this particular dude.
                                                                        Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 17-02-10, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          says who? Mr Random Speculation esq?
                                                                          Judging by what everyone's saying, most of us read his blog. It's only a few months ago that he was uncomfortable having 75k on one PLO table. Unless he's left some very large wins out of his blog, I can safely say he's taking a shot at 25/50 PLO.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

all countries beginning with I are scumbaggy imo
                                                                            Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isreal, Italy, Ivory Coast

What a bunch of degens alright

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                              Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Isreal, Italy, Ivory Coast

What a bunch of degens alright
                                                                              Or England (I was there)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                Or England (I was there)
                                                                                Ingerland?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                  Judging by what everyone's saying, most of us read his blog. It's only a few months ago that he was uncomfortable having 75k on one PLO table. Unless he's left some very large wins out of his blog, I can safely say he's taking a shot at 25/50 PLO.
                                                                                  don't think so...

Comment

Ingerland?

England -> 'I' was there. Class? Anyone? Anyone?, Buller? Buller?

Comment

Posting this again

Faisant de plus en plus d'adeptes chaque années, il existe en effet certaines arnaques autour du poker. Voici comment les éviter.

Comment

Nah, I reckon Hollllaments finally accepted the Hu4Rollz challenge.

Dagunman clearly just doubled his roll..

Comment

Jesus, Cheryl ÂŁ"%^ing Cole's wedding ring is getting more famous than the inanimate carbon rod. Stupid media age.

Comment

Jesus, Cheryl ÂŁ"%^ing Cole's wedding ring is getting more famous than the inanimate carbon rod. Stupid media age.
                                                                                            Because she's worth it. Right girls.

Comment

Thoughts?
                                                                                              Okay I'll bite------
                                                                                              You have a cleaner
                                                                                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                Okay I'll bite------
                                                                                                You have a cleaner
                                                                                                lol, 'we' have a cleaner

we also have full-time jobs and two toddlers, it's money well spent imo

Comment

I thought most people had cleaners...
                                                                                                  my next door neighbour has an au pair, a cleaner and a gf...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                    I thought most people had cleaners...
                                                                                                    my next door neighbour has an au pair, a cleaner and a gf...
                                                                                                    Our cleaner has a cleaner and her cleaner has one also. I didn't ask after that as I had to go to the toilet.

Comment

lol, 'we' have a cleaner

You are doing it wrong, same situation three kids and wife = cleaner I would so get battered if she seen this although we are still looking at Aupairs

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        There is so much going on in the Mossad Assassination Murder in Dubai that its hard to figure out what the most amazing angle.
                                                                                                        How do seventeen non nationals living in Israel all have their passports disapear without being reported?
                                                                                                        Were they 'Clean' passports (Most Europeans who travel to Israel and the middle east have two passports one with and one without Israeli stamps)?
                                                                                                        LOL at how much info the Dubai authorities were able to show in public, I haven't seen it mentioned yet but I'm fairly sure they have iris scans that can be used to nail the Mossad scumbags.

Think sky news guys summation of the situation was pretty good this morning.

One of three things happened.
                                                                                                        Mossad copied the passports when the people passed through israel and didn't bother covering their tracks because
                                                                                                        a) They don't need to. No one can mess with the jews, and maybe its good to show the world what Mossad can do. or
                                                                                                        b) They stupidly assumed that no one would track the passports back to that one israeli airport (pretty much a non runner)
                                                                                                        Mossad are being framed for getting rid of this chap, and someone other then them did the copying passport job etc.

IMO no 1 seems the most plausable, that said not that much has come out about the victim other then he killed some Israeli's in 1980. That said I haven't looked too much into it.
                                                                                                        Looking forward to the book which will no doubt be serialised in some sunday tabloid.
                                                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                          You are doing it wrong, same situation three kids and wife = cleaner I would so get battered if she seen this although we are still looking at Aupairs
                                                                                                          I thought the whole 'sexy au pair' thing had been knocked on the head?

unless you're now specifying "wanted; ugly au pair"?

Comment

I thought the whole 'sexy au pair' thing had been knocked on the head?

unless you're now specifying "wanted; ugly au pair"?
                                                                                                            Yes she is looking for a fugly au pair as my previous selections went down like a kamikaze pilot.

Comment

Anyone feel like running for me?

EDIT - scratch that, left it too late, another time.
                                                                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 17-02-10, 17:56.

Comment

The purpose of HR isn't to hire the best people and make sure they're happy, it's to protect the company from liability. What they really do is make sure that the company follows employment law to the letter. That's why they always seem so messed up from the outside.
                                                                                                                That's fine. So, if you have a large HR department why not trim it down and keep the most competent as compliance advisors for HR rules / protocol / law? Get them to review the way in which you hire and treat staff, and leave the actual hiring and management to the managers.

the entire profession of 'HR' is actually a giant government conspiracy to provide employment to persons completely lacking in ability

a bit like 'marketing'
                                                                                                                It seemed like everyone was in marketing three years ago.

Thoughts?
                                                                                                                Fair play to her for asking. I don't see a problem with it whatsoever. If a work colleague asked you for a lend of something at the tail end of a lunch time conversation or whatever you wouldn't think much of it.

Maybe your reticence in this instance is borne out of some old timey ideas of how "the help" should behave.

lol, 'we' have a cleaner

You probably get extremely high utility out of such expenditure in the relative sense when you compare it to the other expenses that go into running a home.
                                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  Correction. Guttersnipe

The last time i heard the term gutter snipe was in the film 'Michael Collins'. "I've information relating to the guttersnipe called Collins."
                                                                                                                  That's the last place I heard it too, and I made a note at the time to try and use that phrase more often.

Comment

how's it going?

Comment

Originally posted by RoundTower View Post
                                                                                                                      how's it going?
                                                                                                                      Excellent sir, how are you?
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                        Getting out for a quick 3 mile run at lunchtime is very refreshing!!

What did the boss say when you landed back in the office at 5pm?

Comment

If the odds of 1 or more goals in a match is 1.13 pre kickoff, what would the odds be at halftime if the match was 0-0?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X