• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    I must have a rewatch !

BBV Q time.

Who is the mechanic here again ?

Wife had her car in for service a few days ago, ripped off if you ask me but they also told her of things that needed to be done, and she told them hold off, they were kind enough to supply a list:

2x no.plate bulbs €30
    PSF fog bulb €30...the 60 includes focus lights, now how one would focus a no plate or fog light is beyond me, if its the headlights they are on about, that should have been included in the service, but i digress.

The killer is both front and rear disks and pads need to be done soon, still legal but recomended, 220 for front and 200 for rear, along with 2 front brake hoses for front @ €160. I priced these up myself and disks and pads come in about £100 front and back and hoses, pack of 4 come in at £50, delivered, less than €200. Thats a pretty whopping saving of €400.

Now, the question, I am handy enough but have never changed brake related stuff, looked at some tutorials on youtube and it aint rocket science, would people reccomend diy brake work ?

Edit: life insurence is all up to date !
    Holy christ garge people still do this to people, there is no way i would ever go back to that place, 15 euro for a light blub lol, if you get all the parts just call around one of those mobile servicing mechanics, they will pull up to your house fix everything and charge you alot less due to not having to spend any money on spare parts!

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
    i thanked this post with out seeing it because so many pusses, thanked it to show them the way

Comment

Frau ref

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-K4p8D940"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc-K4p8D940[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        not a chance though.
        Publicans, Church, Joe Duffy Fanbase and to a lesser extent the guards wouldnt allow this to happen.
        It'd be gas though.
        FF know they are on their way out, gift the country this, with increased revenue it'd bring in, they be back in next twist no bother

2/1 that it will happen by 2015 on PP for medicinal. 1/3 against
        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
          2/1 that it will happen by 2015 on PP for medicinal. 1/3 against
          time to develop glaucoma imo
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh no she conceded a point!

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by GrangeUtd View Post
              was just about to post this. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Its been a free-for-all for about 8 years now.

edit: Lol at slower typers below.
                Never new/noticed/remembered that. Although I pretty much never fly ryanair

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  was just about to post this. lol
                  You have to be quick around these parts!!! I'm always paro when I post clips like this. They've usually been posted before. Even though this clip is a day old.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                    Yea, its the people that Q up behind "others" that are strange. And of course on AerLingus where you have an assigned seat that option makes no sense whatsoever and people still happily q away.
                    Yeah it's almost tilting watching them queue up for no reason. Or when they call like seats 10 - 40 and everyone just tries to board.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Seen a few of the lads posting about Fifa 11 over the last couple of days, if any of you have it for the xbox add me for a couple of games, tylerdurden944

Just got my copy there a few minutes ago
                      Any good or should i just stick to my 2010 version, i must try get a game going later although my xbox live connection has been shitty the last while.

Comment

Oh no she conceded a point!

I finally understand the reason for playing that game, Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                          Any good or should i just stick to my 2010 version, i must try get a game going later although my xbox live connection has been shitty the last while.
                          we got it yesterday and its pretty class (although the made a balls of penos)

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                            we got it yesterday and its pretty class (although the made a balls of penos)
                            Might just get a copy and be done with it. If there was a couple on here (xbox) we should setup a league for the craic, $20/$50 bucks a head!!

Edit: lol at me playing fucking computer games at my age!!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                              Yea, its the people that Q up behind "others" that are strange. And of course on AerLingus where you have an assigned seat that option makes no sense whatsoever and people still happily q away.
                              Ya im usually one of the last on
                              Sometimes you can have a good laugh at the "im cool" student who wants to be last on

pretend to get up, they move, you sit back down and watch them walk towards the plane

The ones that make me laugh are the ones who jump up to get off as soon as the plane lands

Im almost always in an Aisle seat
                              Im always getting awful dirty looks for not moving while everyone else jumps around like monkeys

after about 30 secs, I point at the non moving crush, smile and say where you going

person beside me usually goes something along the lines of "er um ahh ya", gives one of and sits down with one of these on their face

I then give it the power walk to the belt and get their before most of them just to annoy them
                              When I get to the belt I pull up a chair and wait to see my bag while the rest stare into the bag hole (heathrow is great for that, row of seats right beside the belt )

tl;dr
                              Failing species, dying planet

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                I finally understand the reason for playing that game
                                hmmm, I don't
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Techy question.

My Lapper took a nose dive from about 3 ft onto a hard wood floor.
                                  Since then it starts up and works fine but then freezes after about 20 mins.
                                  The only way of restarting it is to hold down the power button.
                                  I'm thinking it's a hard drive problem.

Anyone get this before, any nice solutions???

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                    Techy question.

cheers
                                    swap your monster truck for a new laptop imo

Comment

Techy question.

cheers
                                      Maybe a cooling problem, maybe the fan on the CPU has been jammed or broken so processor overheats and it cuts out.
                                      Does it last the full 20 minutes when you restart or less?
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Techy question.

cheers
                                        LOL
                                        More than likely you've snapped a connection in the power unit.
                                        a friend who can solder and knows his way around a motherboard could sort it.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          hmmm, I don't
                                          SPOILER
                                          making girls in low cut tops move their arms quickly from left to right or right to left

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            Maybe a cooling problem, maybe the fan on the CPU has been jammed or broken so processor overheats and it cuts out.
                                            Does it last the full 20 minutes when you restart or less?
                                            it wouldnt overheat after 20 mins. At least I dont think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              making girls in low cut tops move their arms quickly from left to right or right to left
                                              arrr, loike ye olde scullery maid washing the dishes you mean?

economically useful activity

I get it

Comment

Congrats to Jude Ainsworth on the second chance sunday scoop on ps. nice result and well done.
                                                Last edited by mickste; 05-10-10, 15:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                  Anyone have any idea about poker in the Blarney area please guys?
                                                  It's unlikely there is anything on there tbh.However it is only 5 miles from the city (approx. €15 in a taxi).

Poker options in Cork tonight,
                                                  Quinlan's pub Blackpool €30+2 fo self deal 'till ft.Usually get 25-40 runners.8pm.
                                                  Macau €25+5 1 rb 1 topup sattelite Ukipt Cork.8.30pm
                                                  The Bank €50+5 fo €1k gteed 15-30 runners.8.30pm.(10k stack 20 min blinds 2k eb chips good game)

Comment

That new Werewolf game is only a few hours old and already delivering the goods

Gas stuff, sick I didn't go in for it now.

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                                      Congrats to Jude Ainsworth on the second chance sunday scoop on ps. nice result and well done.
                                                      He's some player. nice result Jude. Another major.

Comment

I will always priority board with ryanair if travelling with the gf.

I have a strange one coming up i must say. Do i pay BA €25 each to make sure me and GF get to sit beside each other on the flight to Toronto or do i check in 24 hours prior online and hope there is seats left beside each other.

They actually charge you €35 for the double seats.
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                          That new Werewolf game is only a few hours old and already delivering the goods

Gas stuff, sick I didn't go in for it now.
                                                          Lottie trying to organise the first votes reminded me of the time I took my niece and 7 of her mates bowling, and tried in vain to get them to form an orderly line for getting their bowling shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

I have a strange one coming up i must say. Do i pay BA €25 each to make sure me and GF get to sit beside each other on the flight to Toronto or do i check in 24 hours prior online and hope there is seats left beside each other.

Would be hugely surprising if they didn't have two seats beside each other. As you'll be checked in from Dublin several hours before checkin opens in LHR its even more likely that you'll be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              I personally never bother queuing.
                                                              The plane isnt going without you.
                                                              People who queue or worry about leg room on a short flight as as bad
                                                              as people who clap when the plane lands
                                                              QFT
                                                              Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

ffs, what sort of gamblers is this forum attracting at all?

the wrong sort clearly

Comment

LOL at the two vids Ian Poulter posted on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    ffs, what sort of gamblers is this forum attracting at all?

the wrong sort clearly
                                                                    I feel i gamble everytime i get up on a plane. Im scared out of my wits when flying.
                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I feel i gamble everytime i get up on a plane. Im scared out of my wits when flying.
                                                                      so give your bird a break and let her sit beside someone who isn't a quivering heap of jelly

Comment

yeah people who clap when the plane lands, so tilting

Comment

Normally you can manage your booking online and book your seats. Check their website and see.

Comment

nearly as tilting as the Ryanaer song that plays when you are 45 mins late "another on time flight" blah blah blah

Comment

Pleae refer to above chart regarding manning the fcuk up

Comment

i dont know what all the hating ryanair, i think i love them god damn all the tight budget control talk, and tht bag checker thing, good god Mr. OLeary do i have to pay you any extra for this hard on im carryin for you!
                                                                                Last edited by pgodkin; 05-10-10, 16:11.

Comment

Ive only played a couple of games so far and im liking but that can all changed when the fifa rage kicks in.

Might just get a copy and be done with it. If there was a couple on here (xbox) we should setup a league for the craic, $20/$50 bucks a head!!

Edit: lol at me playing fucking computer games at my age!!
                                                                                  Maybe rent it and give it a shot if your worried about it?

Not a bad idea about getting a little league set up.

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                  Normally you can manage your booking online and book your seats. Check their website and see.
                                                                                  Hey man was wondering what happened to you over the weekend, just seen you on the Friday and then you were nowhere to be seen, did you shot home early?
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Hey man was wondering what happened to you over the weekend, just seen you on the Friday and then you were nowhere to be seen, did you shot home early?
                                                                                    Yeah i got out of dodge on Saturday morning was pretty wrecked so just wanted to get home and flake out on the couch.

Comment

If I'm ever in a plane and the engines blow sending us to certain doom I'm going to clap. I may even bring an A5 print out of the El Tren icon to hold up for it every time I fly.

Hmm that gives me an idea, deaf people should replace their silly sign language with an A5 pad consisting purely of emoticons.

Comment

Ive only played a couple of games so far and im liking but that can all changed when the fifa rage kicks in.

Maybe rent it and give it a shot if your worried about it?

Not a bad idea about getting a little league set up.

I thought I was the only one, so many broken joypads!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          If I'm ever in a plane and the engines blow sending us to certain doom I'm going to clap. I may even bring an A5 print out of the El Tren icon to hold up for it every time I fly.

Hmm that gives me an idea, deaf people should replace their silly sign language with an A5 pad consisting purely of emoticons.
                                                                                          ground control, ground control, a red light is flashing in the cockpit, we have another situation at the jackpot, let me know where we can land this baby. .

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                            nearly as tilting as the Ryanaer song that plays when you are 45 mins late "another on time flight" blah blah blah
                                                                                            What annoys me even more is paying over €100 quid for a flight to the UK! I'm on Ryanair about 30-40 times a year myself if you include both legs, try dealing with drunken United droolers on the way back from matches
                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                              Il have a look again but it seemed from what i looked at that i had to pay €25 for the honour.

I remember flying to San Fran with them and been able to pick seats through there electronic check in at heathrow but we were limited enough in what was left.

I guess checking in 24 hours prior should get me a decent seat.
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

To anyone who has a passing interest in UCD superleague team names I'm fairly sure this is the greatest one since "Spottinem Hotbirds", its "Murder on Zidane's Floor F.C".

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                  ground control, ground control, a red light is flashing in the cockpit, we have another situation at the jackpot, let me know where we can land this baby. .
                                                                                                  "This is a hijack, fly this plane to Syria or I'll post about it on IPB!"

Comment

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                        I'm getting them for £25 return at the moment (including everything and using the prepaid Mastercard). Although that's flying over to Dub on a Thursday night and back on a Monday night, so off-peak times. £12.50 each way is some bargain!
                                                                                                        Stop that dirty talk, off-peak times 12.5 each way, god your gettin me goin there HH, go on a little more!!please

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                          Stop that dirty talk, off-peak times 12.5 each way, god your gettin me goin there HH, go on a little more!!please
                                                                                                          So it's true? No action once you get married?

Comment

just moved into a gaff with a bloke and a girl.

dont know them but the girl seems sound enough.havn't met the bloke yet.

kinda sucks living with other people really and i haven't dont it in 10 years or so but shit is tight at the mo till i get a job.

im going to be relying on BBV a lot more me thinks to keep me company so keep it coming folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
                                                                                                              just moved into a gaff with a bloke and a girl.

dont know them but the girl seems sound enough.havn't met the bloke yet.

kinda sucks living with other people really and i haven't dont it in 10 years or so but shit is tight at the mo till i get a job.

im going to be relying on BBV a lot more me thinks to keep me company so keep it coming folks.

Comment

Anyone playing the Fitz 50 DC chance tonight?
                                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                                                  4 hours for a final table bubble and a payout profit of 5$ wtf. fook off
                                                                                                                  If that was the only game you played yesterday, then yes you made $5 profit! For me however it capped a lol shocking run bad day. Should be only ten paid imo with 108 runners but I guess we would be $33 down rather $5 up from it!

Good exit hand for me eh? LOL

My internet went down just after I got knocked out and when I got back in I saw you were next out. Ul gg. Crazy games those double stacks, gotta love em!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                    Ticket for Ryanair last night had Priority Q written on it, presumably by accident as definitely didn't pay for for that. So nice getting on the plane first without queuing, but obv wouldn't pay for it. I'm thinking you could easily photoshop 'Priority Q' and erase the 'Other Q' part from the ticket you print out. Because they are always in such a rush they wouldn't notice. Trying to work out if that's a bit too risky!
                                                                                                                    lol @ anyone that queues for a flight imo

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                                                                      To anyone who has a passing interest in UCD superleague team names I'm fairly sure this is the greatest one since "Spottinem Hotbirds", its "Murder on Zidane's Floor F.C".
                                                                                                                      my favourite team names are Accrington Stanley Baldes and Fritzl Palace.
                                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

P.S> am drunk and playing the Voodoo 25 game. come along for the value.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Anybody with Fifa 11 for PS3 fancy a game? LTSMASHie is my psn id.
                                                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X