This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
    Do you have a link/article that I could read to get me started on the manning up thing?
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      On my phone now but will pm you a couple of .pdf files when I get home.Watching a few John Wayne movies would be a start though.
      Thanks pilgrim.

Comment

Keane you are off work with a sore throat?. There is a recession man, get back to work FFS.

*Excuse my post if you are in fact an Opera Singer.

Comment

"do not snitch" ha
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
            Damn, a hooker - it's so obvious now...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
              Keane you are off work with a sore throat?. There is a recession man, get back to work FFS.

*Excuse my post if you are in fact an Opera Singer.
              Nah it's grand I reckon I've got the only secure job in the country.

Although I wish they'd fire me so I could get the fuck out of Limerick

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                Was about to install the tor program for the BBC iPlayer

anyone had any problems with it since putting it on?
                I use it a couple of times a week, mgeni is a bit of a processor hog but other than that no issues.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had a strange conversation with some biddy who lives in my apartment block

She was loitering on my floor as I came in and struck up a conversation only when she saw that I wasn't the accused. Apparently there was 'an incident/disturbance' night before last at 6am from the apartment across from me (I didn't hear a thing and I am a light sleeper).

Apparently the guy that lives there was 'being violent' towards his girlfriend as there was shouting and things thrown, good to see the domestic violence stereotypes in full swing.

Conversation concluded with...

Her: You know what they say about redheads, they can be very (I was expecting her to say temperamental) VIOLENT.

Me: err, yea.

Comment

Old John Wayne joke

It is said that when filming the biblical epic The Greatest Story Ever Told, the director George Stevens was trying to encourage extra passion from John Wayne when delivering the highly significant line, "Truly, this was the Son of God."
                    "You are talking about Jesus - think about it," said Stevens, "You've got to say it with awe."
                    For the next take John Wayne duly summoned his most intense feelings. He paused dramatically, and said:
                    "Aw, truly this was the Son of God."
                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Had a strange conversation with some biddy who lives in my apartment block

She was loitering on my floor as I came in and struck up a conversation only when she saw that I wasn't the accused. Apparently there was 'an incident/disturbance' night before last at 6am from the apartment across from me (I didn't hear a thing and I am a light sleeper).

Apparently the guy that lives there was 'being violent' towards his girlfriend as there was shouting and things thrown, good to see the domestic violence stereotypes in full swing.

Conversation concluded with...

Her: You know what they say about redheads, they can be very (I was expecting her to say temperamental) VIOLENT.

Me: err, yea.
                      What was her plan of action when she found the accused??
                      Profit before people.

Comment

I was just wondering about that too.
                        Probably a wagging finger and tell him to 'leave that poor girl' alone.

Maybe he is a brute and she is a victim, maybe not.
                        Nothing she said to me indicate she had any evidence as to which side to take, if either.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                          Old John Wayne joke
                          love it.

The Catholic Church should have hired John Wayne. I didn't believe in god until John Wayne delivered that line.

Comment

Nothing she said to me indicate she had any evidence as to which side to take, if either.
                            Maybe she wanted INSKI. I think I may know this girl.

Comment

Yeah not adding up really is it. Maybe she was planning on breaking and entering. She see's you and goes into stereotypical granny mode and has a rant about your "violant" neighbour which she only conveniently hears, even though your a light sleeper and most definitely have better hearing than a pensioner. I'd watch that bitch like a hawk!
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Last night I was out walking with the dog just before half seven, the sun had just set but the sky was clear when I saw a large bird moving about two meters from me at the bottom of a ditch. I thought at first it was a hen pheasant from the colouring but it raised its wings and with two or three flaps of its huge wingspan it was right up in the air in front of me but unlike a pheasant there wasn't a sound out of it. The silence was extraordinary so quiet that the dog never even noticed it and as it glided by me I saw the face of an enormous Owl. He flew on down the road about 50M and sat up on the top of a bush staring back at me and stayed there until we were about 10M away and then flew again completely silently past us back to where he was in the ditch. I'm fairly sure from looking at the field guides that it was a long eared owl.
                                Absolutely amazing experience.

Comment

RIP Moss Keane

Legend and some character by all accounts.

Comment

one of these lads?

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      RIP Moss Keane

Legend and some character by all accounts.
                                      RIP the Ruck Inspector as Mick Doyle used to call him. Its at times like this you'd love to imagine there being a bar called Heaven where the two of them could be outspoofing each other.

Edit:
                                      It was Neil Francis that Doyler used that name for but I do think he may originated it in slagging Moss,
                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 05-10-10, 10:47.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Ah yes, forgot you were a car man. Sera still going strong. Have it 6 years this week and just passed the NCT a month or so ago!
                                        Good to hear

The only issues mine ever had with the NCT was the guys couldn't get into the boot (heavy SLSS parcel shelf falling apart made it tricky to lift)

I don't know how you have managed to keep the car 6 years. I have the celica 3 years in February and have wanted it gone for the last 9 months (finances dont allow).
                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                          one of these lads?

Yea, thats him, he seemed to be much bigger than the 30 - 40 cm that the books say they are I suppose the wingspan is over a meter.
                                          The silence was really disconcerting, that something so big can just be there, pick himself up out of a ditch and move right past me without even the slightest sound was really weird.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              Ticket for Ryanair last night had Priority Q written on it, presumably by accident as definitely didn't pay for for that. So nice getting on the plane first without queuing, but obv wouldn't pay for it. I'm thinking you could easily photoshop 'Priority Q' and erase the 'Other Q' part from the ticket you print out. Because they are always in such a rush they wouldn't notice. Trying to work out if that's a bit too risky!
                                              Priority boarding is the best €5 you can spend IMO.

Comment

Only seats I ever want are the Exit Rows, and they are surprisingly easy to get without paying the €5.
                                                Most of the people who buy the priority boarding are families with kids, or coffin dodgers. And neither of these groupings are allowed use the exit row seats anyway.

So if you make sure to be near the top of the other queue you'll almost always get an exit row seat.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                      Only seats I ever want are the Exit Rows, and they are surprisingly easy to get without paying the €5.
                                                      Most of the people who buy the priority boarding are families with kids, or coffin dodgers. And neither of these groupings are allowed use the exit row seats anyway.

So if you make sure to be near the top of the other queue you'll almost always get an exit row seat.
                                                      Scrambling to be top of the regular queue is for poor people imo.

My grandpappy always told me never listen to poor people.

Comment

Perhaps, but it'll be 60 flights over the next year, at least. That would be an extra €300!
                                                        Oh yeah, sorry I forgot the Dublin -> Preston thing or whatever it is.

Have you looked into whether there are any sort of frequent flyer deals or anything like that?

Ryanair do a credit card that might get you some perks...

Comment

I personally never bother queuing.
                                                          The plane isnt going without you.
                                                          People who queue or worry about leg room on a short flight as as bad
                                                          as people who clap when the plane lands
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I would never get priority if it was a short trip or if I am on my own. Fair enough if you are going to Italy or somewhere and you want to sit with the family, but if its just to England does it really matter?

HHG2, I would not bother photoshopping anything. Sure you will prob get away with it, but if you ever do get caught I'd imagine they would make a big fuss of it with security as it is.

Comment

Priority boarding on Ryanaer = first cow on the truck. What I do and I would pay the extra. I sit sipping/reading until all the cattle are on the plane and mosey my way to an empty seat. If the overhead is full it's the trolly dollys problem. I then sit in my seat sweaty palms and white knuckles expecting the plane to crash during take off. I will be right one of these days and as I head towards the ground I will LOL at the people clutching onto their priority boarding tickets.
                                                              Why someone would want to get on a plane early is beyond me. (solo flyers) The lounge is much more comfy.

Comment

But being at the top of the Other Q means queuing for 20 mins, whereas with the Priority queue you can just rock up whenever you feel like it. Can't imagine a photoshopped ticket would be noticed....
                                                                I don't think theres a 20 minute difference in time between priority boarding and normal boarding (no way should it take 20 minutes to board the maximum 20 people who've paid for priority*) as Rynair pride themselves on getting people on at speed.

I'm dubious about the photoshopping of the Q, I think they scan the ticket at a lot of airports and it would probably come up as not being a genuine Q ticket.

* might be such a time difference at those airports where you get bussed to the plane.

Comment

How do you get an exit row seat that way? Each ticket has an assigned seat surely or is it now just a free for-all on ryanair?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                    How do you get an exit row seat that way? Each ticket has an assigned seat surely or is it now just a free for-all on ryanair?
                                                                    Its been a free-for-all for about 8 years now.

edit: Lol at slower typers below.

Comment

Has been for years Cardshark, they basically don't give a shit about you just want you on the plane

Comment

It's a free for all.

Comment

Perhaps, but it'll be 60 flights over the next year, at least. That would be an extra €300!
                                                                          60 Ryanair flights in a year. Ugh, suicide booth please.

Comment

* might be such a time difference at those airports where you get bussed to the plane.
                                                                            I can't remember where it was but I recall being told a tale of priority boarding where you were simply first onto the bus. Last people on bus were then first onto plane
                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I don't think theres a 20 minute difference in time between priority boarding and normal boarding (no way should it take 20 minutes to board the maximum 20 people who've paid for priority*) as Rynair pride themselves on getting people on at speed.
                                                                              not a chance they have a 20 or 25 minute turnaround.
                                                                              no way is a wait that long
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Jesus what a bunch of fucking retards!
                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

But being at the top of the Other Q means queuing for 20 mins, whereas with the Priority queue you can just rock up whenever you feel like it. Can't imagine a photoshopped ticket would be noticed....
                                                                                  wtf, the plane leaves at the same time. Just jump on the plane last, find your seat and get on with it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16n7mgTWxqw[/ame]
                                                                                  Last edited by RasTa; 05-10-10, 11:25.
                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeF7ZevR4cs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Hitchhiker, I assume you already know this, but using a moneybookers prepaid MasterCard to book flights will cost you $10 a year, but save you £300 over the year on cc charges

Comment

Either pay the 5 and be first on or sit back and relax and be last on. Never be in the middle.

I read a couple of years ago about a loading method that put people into groups of about ten or twenty according to where they were sitting on the plane before boarding and let them onto the plane in an order that was supposed to save loads of time. I'm surprised if it works that Ryanair aren't using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Either pay the 5 and be first on or sit back and relax and be last on. Never be in the middle.

I read a couple of years ago about a loading method that put people into groups of about ten or twenty according to where they were sitting on the plane before boarding and let them onto the plane in an order that was supposed to save loads of time. I'm surprised if it works that Ryanair aren't using it.
                                                                                          I've definitely seen that method in use. If people listened it would work but they'll call rows 40-60 first and all the usual muppets will queue up and start trying to show their boarding passes, I still waited to be the last to board.

At this stage I'd probably pay extra for exit seats/Premium economy flying to America or further but flying to Europe on Aer Lingus I just try to run good or check in early enough to ensure myself at least an aisle seat.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                                                            5'9'', yeah, pull the other one.

There is no way your 5'9'', sure Im 5'8'' and defintely taller than you. Nice try though.
                                                                                            Your both telling fibs i am 5.7 and your both smaller than me

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              not a chance they have a 20 or 25 minute turnaround.
                                                                                              no way is a wait that long
                                                                                              That's not what people are saying.

They're saying that if you want to be at the top of the peasants queue you'll need to actually start queueing 20-25 minutes before boarding starts.

With the priority boarding you can sit on your arse in the lounge, stroll to the top of the queue as soon as they decide to open boarding and be the first in the plane.

I think to not be clambering past people, squeezing into middle seats and struggling to jam your bags into full overhead compartments is worth the fiver and it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post

I think to not be clambering past people, squeezing into middle seats and struggling to jam your bags into full overhead compartments is worth the fiver and it's not even close.
                                                                                                I wait till the majority are seated and stroll down to my aisle seat, my bag is small enough that there's usually loads of room overhead or I put it under the seat in front still leaving plenty of leg room. And as Im the last one on there's usually not much waiting for departure either.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                  I wait till the majority are seated and stroll down to my aisle seat, my bag is small enough that there's usually loads of room overhead or I put it under the seat in front still leaving plenty of leg room. And as Im the last one on there's usually not much waiting for departure either.
                                                                                                  this.
                                                                                                  Paying the fiver to feel nice an important sitting down 1st also runs the risk of fat mess whose blubber spills over the side of the arm rest/screaming baby with flustered parent/pissed up smellbag ending up beside you as well.
                                                                                                  Getting on last means you have the pick of whatever is left and not having to pay for it.
                                                                                                  A more +EV solution obviously

Comment

Fuckin heebs

Comment

At this stage I'd probably pay extra for exit seats/Premium economy flying to America or further but flying to Europe on Aer Lingus I just try to run good or check in early enough to ensure myself at least an aisle seat.
                                                                                                      the joys of business travel as you priority queue swan past the peasantry into Business Class, there to recline upon your rosepetal-showered double bed and drink vintage champagne with nekkid supermodels

ah

must plan a few more trips before this place closes!
                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Some people : Willingly pay extra to be guaranteed to be on first with pick of seats.

Others : Willing to stand for 15 minutes at top of peasants queue to save money, but be almost guaranteed pick of seats.

Other others : Happy to maximise time on arse, and save money, by getting on after everyone else has boarded. Willing then to take any of the remaining seats.

More others : Would like to save money, but get priority, so willing to risk shame of being caught photoshopping ticket.

****
                                                                                                        In truth theres probably something positive to be said about any of the 4 options.
                                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 05-10-10, 12:02.

Comment

Some people : Willingly pay extra to be guaranteed to be on first with pick of seats.

Others : Willing to stand for 15 minutes at top of peasants queue to save money, but be almost guaranteed pick of seats.

Other others : Happy to maximise time on arse, and save money, by getting on after everyone else has boarded. Willing then to take any of the remaining seats.

****
                                                                                                          In truth theres probably something positive to be said about any of the 3 options.
                                                                                                          Yea, its the people that Q up behind "others" that are strange. And of course on AerLingus where you have an assigned seat that option makes no sense whatsoever and people still happily q away.

Comment

Yea, its the people that Q up behind "others" that are strange. And of course on AerLingus where you have an assigned seat that option makes no sense whatsoever and people still happily q away.
                                                                                                            That is the worst for me.
                                                                                                            But no matter how many times I try explain it people always want to queue to get 'settled'

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                the joys of business travel as you priority queue swan past the peasantry into Business Class, there to recline upon your rosepetal-showered double bed and drink vintage champagne with nekkid supermodels

ah

must plan a few more trips before this place closes!
                                                                                                                Just in case you are wondering why the place is closing

Comment

Everything must be considered....

Reporter estimated total sales at the coffee shops at 265,000 kilos of hashish and marijuana annually, with an annual gross revenue of about $3.2 billion.
                                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Seen a few of the lads posting about Fifa 11 over the last couple of days, if any of you have it for the xbox add me for a couple of games, tylerdurden944

Just got my copy there a few minutes ago
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Berocca boost and the likes. Yay or nay?

Comment

Berocca boost and the likes. Yay or nay?
                                                                                                                        Nay, eat food.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                          Everything must be considered....
                                                                                                                          not a chance though.
                                                                                                                          Publicans, Church, Joe Duffy Fanbase and to a lesser extent the guards wouldnt allow this to happen.
                                                                                                                          It'd be gas though.
                                                                                                                          FF know they are on their way out, gift the country this, with increased revenue it'd bring in, they be back in next twist no bother

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X