Comment

Originally posted by Belgowho View Post
        Rush poker is effectively crack
        Just about to say something similar.

Tis madness Ted.

Comment

Love these vids.

Comment

Jesus that old fellas a beast, threw about 20 solids into the cnut, fair dues.
            "To the mind that is still, the universe surrenders."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              I really hope it was off the scale. I don't mind paying above average for good steak.

But there is no way I could justify paying $400 at the minute.
              I'd much rather a $30 steak (which is still above average price) and the change. It's that I don't think its "that" much better. It could be, but my bank account needs the extra cash more so than my stomach needs the extra steak
              thats starters and mains for 6 people and 3 desserts as well as 6 cocktails and tip so quite reasonable for amount paid imo

Comment

Don't know if hes been back a while but Isildur is 6 tabling Hastings atm, pretty sure thats the guy who took his loot not long back. ~$1m each overall.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                  thats starters and mains for 6 people and 3 desserts as well as 6 cocktails and tip so quite reasonable for amount paid imo
                  That makes more sense. I thought it was $400 for you for steak/dessert/drink

That's fine then. I'll check it out when i'm back in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                    Don't know if hes been back a while but Isildur is 6 tabling Hastings atm, pretty sure thats the guy who took his loot not long back. ~$1m each overall.
                    Im logging on now for a look, is he winnin of losin? has anyone seen that video on epic poker of him (victor blom) makin the biggest donk move possibly ever seen live in the ept

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                      i think i remember people talking about bonsai trees in this thread or maybe the old one. anyone know if i have much of a chance of saving this one? i've watered it a decent amount but the leaves just stayed wilted and are all dead now. should i just trim everything back and hope those are new shoots coming out the top?

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                      I find it hard to believe the people can't comprehend that Employers do not view poker playing as a plus when it comes to hiring. If it's not a plus why mention it. How many rolls can you apply for where the Employers want to hear that and will tick a pro box in youre favour. The argument is do you mention it. Of course not, nor do you mention that you lust after everything in a skirt, or stay up till the wee small hours of the morning praticing the harpsicord. Unless the information is of benefit don't mention it. If they ask for hobbys, try to fit your lies around the roll. Your aim is to get the job not to make a point that poker players have more saavy then non players. What is hard to get here?
                      For the record I'd never hire El Stuntman as he is too obsessed with Bertie and this is very unhealthy.

PS, I'm so not ghey.
                      Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                      for a casual player yeah, but for a pro that can't be the case, mentioning poker is surely preferable to having a huge unexplainable gab in your employment history.
                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      make something plausible up instead IMO

'I was travelling'

'I was working in the local community'

'I was abducted by aliens'

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                      On the whole job front thing.

Dont mention it on your cv or in interview, it is only going to be viewed as a negative.

So it's better to have a huge gap than admit you were playing poker fulltime?
                      That's pretty sad.

I'm not an employer but if someone told me they had been travelling for 5 years (not 1-2) I'd think it quite likely that travelling may be their mistress and the job a means to going travelling again soon as.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      I have my own filtering questions also

1. Do you queue to get onto a plane?
                      2. When a plane lands do you stand up and queue to get off?

If you answer yes to either of those then you are drawing dead.
                      1.1 Do you clap when a plane lands?

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      For sure. What real alternatives do you have to such a method that can be used on a regular basis?

One thing I would argue is that the whole idea of HR departments is slightly illogical. Most everything about a position within a company (its identification, objectives, limitations, placement and function within a certain team) is a product of specific departmental management. Would it not be far more efficient for a company to leave the selling and selection of positions to the people who are going to be driving them forward? I mean, I can understand the value of high brow HR consultancy for high level positions where the supply : demand equilibrium is radically different than that of the majority of jobs available within a majority of firms.

I think (and I'm interested in people proving me wrong here! ) that the culture of HR is something distinct and generic across all sectors and firms. By making them the first point of contact for most entry and mid level positions to a firm, you are essentially placing a large slice of your organisation's future prospects in a group of people that are likely to be some of the most straight laced and uncreative people employed by you. Not forgetting that they also will tend to have the least general experience of what it is like to work in the positions they are staffing, and detailed on the ground understanding of what is practically required of staff in such positions on an ongoing basis.

Surely a lot of places drastically reduce their expectation in this way?
                      This a 100 times, dealing with HR departments has always been irritating in my experience, some strangely disconnected people.
                      It's like putting your granny in charge of your facebook account.

What were they talking about at the start? The black guy claimed to be 50 when the white guy said that he was 67.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC9w2bIQ9IE

Isildur1
                        Last edited by Rycn; 17-02-10, 07:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Rycn View Post
                          FYP.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                            FYP.
                            It wont embed for some reason.

Comment

This a 100 times, dealing with HR departments has always been irritating in my experience, some strangely disconnected people.
                              It's like putting your granny in charge of your facebook account.
                              The purpose of HR isn't to hire the best people and make sure they're happy, it's to protect the company from liability. What they really do is make sure that the company follows employment law to the letter. That's why they always seem so messed up from the outside.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                For sure. What real alternatives do you have to such a method that can be used on a regular basis?

One thing I would argue is that the whole idea of HR departments is slightly illogical. Most everything about a position within a company (its identification, objectives, limitations, placement and function within a certain team) is a product of specific departmental management. Would it not be far more efficient for a company to leave the selling and selection of positions to the people who are going to be driving them forward? I mean, I can understand the value of high brow HR consultancy for high level positions where the supply : demand equilibrium is radically different than that of the majority of jobs available within a majority of firms.

I think (and I'm interested in people proving me wrong here! ) that the culture of HR is something distinct and generic across all sectors and firms. By making them the first point of contact for most entry and mid level positions to a firm, you are essentially placing a large slice of your organisation's future prospects in a group of people that are likely to be some of the most straight laced and uncreative people employed by you. Not forgetting that they also will tend to have the least general experience of what it is like to work in the positions they are staffing, and detailed on the ground understanding of what is practically required of staff in such positions on an ongoing basis.

Surely a lot of places drastically reduce their expectation in this way?
                                the entire profession of 'HR' is actually a giant government conspiracy to provide employment to persons completely lacking in ability

a bit like 'marketing'
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

First time I have seen O'Shea on the highstakes DB

EDIT: Hes currently playing HU with URnotINdanger2 with about $200k on the table
                                  Last edited by Megatron; 17-02-10, 10:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                    First time I have seen O'Shea on the highstakes DB

EDIT: Hes currently playing HU with URnotINdanger2 with about $200k on the table
                                    John O'Shea breaking his bankroll management? Shirley you can't be serious.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                      Dont call me Shirley.

Hes playing very deep on one table with approx 1250 BB's ($50/$100 hu table)

Comment

a bit like 'marketing'
                                        I will let that one slide

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                          Dont call me Shirley.

Hes playing very deep on one table with approx 1250 BB's ($50/$100 hu table)
                                          Faisant de plus en plus d'adeptes chaque années, il existe en effet certaines arnaques autour du poker. Voici comment les éviter.

Good week he says

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                            Faisant de plus en plus d'adeptes chaque années, il existe en effet certaines arnaques autour du poker. Voici comment les éviter.

Also
                                            The idea of sharing a bankroll is that it evens out variance, no use when we're both running like death.
                                            so he's not going to lose his roll.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

they picked you to do that? lollers!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    okay BBV, i've tried to get you to do my work before with almost no success. How about you help me out in this my latest laziness-induced moment of need?

Have to come up with an idea for a talk to be given to admin staff on personal money management with a request that the content be relevent to the needs of these (quite low paid) staff, and that it have a catchy title (no doubt due to the fickleness of their corrie and eastenders obsessed brains).

Any ideas?!

fwiw my area of research is psychology of financial decision-making, but think they are looking for an Eddie Hobbs style thing (despite being oblivious to the greatness that is the Hobbmeister).

If need be, i give you permission to slack off your own work while working on this. Just tell your bosses i said it was okay!
                                                    "Penny-pinching: How stealing stationary from work can subsidise YOUR income!"

You're welcome.
                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Jeez just looked at that highstakesdb and Isildur1 win 832k in the last 24 hours
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

Comment

okay BBV, i've tried to get you to do my work before with almost no success. How about you help me out in this my latest laziness-induced moment of need?

Have to come up with an idea for a talk to be given to admin staff on personal money management with a request that the content be relevent to the needs of these (quite low paid) staff, and that it have a catchy title (no doubt due to the fickleness of their corrie and eastenders obsessed brains).

Any ideas?!

fwiw my area of research is psychology of financial decision-making, but think they are looking for an Eddie Hobbs style thing (despite being oblivious to the greatness that is the Hobbmeister).

If need be, i give you permission to slack off your own work while working on this. Just tell your bosses i said it was okay!
                                                            Tell them if they can't afford something then don't buy the fucking thing!!! If they can't work out why their income is less than their expenditure then they need a slap.

Alternatively, tell them that when they are running short, amke sure to win more than £60 on stars so that they can withdraw it for a funds top up.

Comment

and that it have a catchy title (no doubt due to the fickleness of their corrie and eastenders obsessed brains).
                                                              "West End living on an East End budget"?

Comment

Less of the Eastenders slagging plz.

Comment

If there wasn't such an immediate deadline, i'd also be spendin time laughing at the poorness of the decision to pick me. It does indicate a paucity of talent in our department!

Thinking of something along the lines of 'psychological tricks for better money management' - but obv with a better title. e.g. the idea of allocating money to mental accounts - "i can only spend this €100 for poker" and so on...
                                                                  Fags, Booze and the Leather Sofa.

Simply use the Old Dublin method of valuing everying in Guinness/cigarette currency
                                                                  A new Suite of furniture cots 100 pints of Guinness, or 2 weeks off the Booze
                                                                  School books for young Timothy cost 200 cigarettes. of 2 days off the fags.
                                                                  A trip to the dentist to correct your rotten and gammy teeth. 500 cigarettes.
                                                                  The complete works of Ronnie Drew , 1000 cigarettes (collectors edition)
                                                                  Or to keep smoking and boozing and still have all of the above. Stay out of William Hill on Friday after work.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                    Jeez just looked at that highstakesdb and Isildur1 win 832k in the last 24 hours
                                                                    Great stuff...God help them cheating cardrunners fckers now
                                                                    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Any ideas?!

what you want is a slideshow!!!!
                                                                      Slideshows work great on the prole.. prola.....poor types

You want pics of Corrie stars with voice bubbles with info related to what they do in the shows (dont use eastenders as you northern type will not listen to soft southern poofs)

eg:
                                                                      Sally Webster says: dont buy a new shirt for every friday night out, buy a couple of good ones and take care of them

Betty says: Dont eat processed foods, do what betty do and make a hotpot

thankfully dont know other character names

Comment

Comment

Comment

@ADMMM - really like that. Not sure this audience would get it though as they would be more corrie than anything despite my previous comment. Eastenders would be considered a bit foreign up north!
                                                                            How te pay fur beer and tabs while still havin de money fur footbal on theey saturday

Sadly processed food is so much cheaper than non-processed food. Pop into Tesco in Ballymun and you'll be lucky to see a single fresh veg. Findus Crispy Pancakes are a far more economic option.
                                                                            Not if betty shows them how to cook on te budget

Comment

...

Comment

wish it was an irish crowd, could use something topical:

"From Panto to Pauper: The Cautionary Tale of Twink, too big the House, too big the Ego. "
                                                                                FYP

*was a bit mean!?

Did she EVER earn enough to really buy that house in the first place?
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 17-02-10, 12:34. Reason: *

Comment

emm somebody left the doomswitch on ipoker, turn it off plz u cnut!..

QQ V AQ 9979A
                                                                                  JJ V 1010 9781010

among others feck off

Comment

(no doubt due to the fickleness of their corrie and eastenders obsessed brains).!
                                                                                    Maybe pass on some of the quality fool-proof lotto winning theories that have been doing the rounds in here!?

Simple steps to propel YOUR LIFE from Weatherfield to that LAS ANGELES 'The Hills' style living that you have ALWAYS DREAMED OF*.

*May not actually work in reality

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                      FYP

*was a bit mean!?

Did she EVER earn enough to really buy that house in the first place?
                                                                                      Wouldn't have thought so, wasn't her ex husband in the RTE concert orchestra? That can't pay a mint either. Maybe she was as unrealistic about her finances as a lot of us during the celtic tiger years. She should go to Hitchhikers talk!!
                                                                                      If he signs her attendance sheet it'll look good for the judge.

Comment

...

Comment

Tuesday night pints are all well and good, its the wednesday morning presentations that are the real killer.
                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

nope still on.. min raise was a misclick btw

Comment

Juts looking at that http://www.highstakesdb.com/live-results.aspx
                                                                                              and O'Shea/Dagunman is up 105k in the last 24hrs. Must be
                                                                                              be bloody nice.

Comment

2+2 is really good for your game.
                                                                                                I was reading 2+2 and was clicking on a page when PS jumped up in front of the page and I accidentally clicked call.

Worked out well

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t1510)
                                                                                                MP2 (t1520)
                                                                                                CO (t1280)
                                                                                                Button (t1330)
                                                                                                SB (t4440)
                                                                                                BB (t1460)
                                                                                                UTG (t460)
                                                                                                Hero (UTG+1) (t1500)

Hero's M: 50.00

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8, 3
                                                                                                UTG bets t460 (All-In), Hero calls t460, 1 fold, MP2 calls t460, 3 folds, BB calls t440

Flop: (t1850) J, Q, 7 (4 players, 1 all-in)
                                                                                                BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks

Turn: (t1850) 3 (4 players, 1 all-in)
                                                                                                BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks

River: (t1850) 3 (4 players, 1 all-in)
                                                                                                BB checks, Hero bets t200, MP2 calls t200, 1 fold

Total pot: t2250

Results:
                                                                                                UTG mucked Q, 4 (two pair, Queens and threes).
                                                                                                Hero had 8, 3 (three of a kind, threes).
                                                                                                MP2 mucked 8, 8 (two pair, eights and threes).
                                                                                                Outcome: Hero won t2250

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                                                                                  what part of limerick are you from ??
                                                                                                  lols limerick i live in dublin

That aul fella knocked the bollox out of him, love to see stuff like that
                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                    lols limerick i live in dublin
                                                                                                    Was there anything in the papers or news about the shooting?? Did you find out what happened?

Comment

Irelands Jerry Flannery to miss rest of six nations after received a six week ban for kicking French Player...
                                                                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                        Was there anything in the papers or news about the shooting?? Did you find out what happened?
                                                                                                        No haven't heard or read anything yet about the one last night but my dad informs me there was a house around the corner shot at twice last week, the same house which got its car petrol bombed last year, i caught that one on video thou.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                                                                          Irelands Jerry Flannery to miss rest of six nations after received a six week ban for kicking French Player...
                                                                                                          Good enough for him. Thug.

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post

Deserved it.

Idiot, and one of the positions we really don't have any cover in. I like Best, a lot, but he's only just back from a long absene.
                                                                                                            Cronin to bench?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              Good enough for him. Thug.
                                                                                                              Correction. Guttersnipe

The last time i heard the term gutter snipe was in the film 'Michael Collins'. "I've information relating to the guttersnipe called Collins."

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                No haven't heard or read anything yet about the one last night but my dad informs me there was a house around the corner shot at twice last week, the same house which got its car petrol bombed last year, i caught that one on video thou.
                                                                                                                So they shot twice at a house and burned the houses car? Fecking hell what did that house ever do on anyone. I'd say it's curtains for that house by the end of the week.

Comment

modern etiquette question for the BBV:

I'm working from home today as most of the office are off with half-term and I don't feel like going in to an empty office. So anyway, our cleaner comes every week on Wednesday morning. Moldovan lady, seems quite nice the couple of times I've met her.

Anyway, she does her thing and I am tip-tapping away at the laptop, making a few calls etc. She eventually finishes and comes in to say goodbye but as she's going she says that we have some nice DVDs and can she borrow one?

I'm a bit perplexed by this but say yes and away she goes.

Thoughts?

Comment

I'm working from home today as most of the office are off with half-term and I don't feel like going in to an empty office. So anyway, our cleaner comes every week on Wednesday morning. Moldovan lady, seems quite nice the couple of times I've met her.

Anyway, she does her thing and I am tip-tapping away at the laptop, making a few calls etc. She eventually finishes and comes in to say goodbye but as she's going she says that we have some nice DVDs and can she borrow one?

Thoughts?
                                                                                                                    Seems fine. If its the same lady each week, and you trust her with keys to your house, I'm sure you can trust her with a DVD.

With regard to her asking, she had finished, so was technically "off the clock". Its not like she asked to watch them on your nice TV?

Comment

Thoughts?
                                                                                                                      No doubt she has been borrowing them all the time, it would be a bit rude not to ask in view of the fact you're there I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                        Correction. Guttersnipe

The last time i heard the term gutter snipe was in the film 'Michael Collins'. "I've information relating to the guttersnipe called Collins."
                                                                                                                        a term sadly lacking in our modern times

as is 'toerag' and 'poxbottle'

Comment

Thoughts?
                                                                                                                          I hope you lent her The Wire? Little strange thou.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X