X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by max_power View Post
    BBV advice needed.

Over in Oz at the moment, the girlfriend just checked her Irish bank account to find out that AXA decided to renew her car insurance while we were away. She rang and sent a letter before leaving to make sure this didn't happen but they say they have no record of the letter and it's pretty much tough shit, any recourse?
    When I worked in the AA this was always a big deal. That people had to send letters in to cancel. My best bet would be to find a fax machine as that will be the quickest way to sort this out.

Comment

Yeah we're cancelling it now obviously but she was paying monthly and they've taken two months already.

Comment

Bargain car here for anyone looking...

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Another poor Ryder cup weekend for Harrington.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Another poor Ryder cup weekend for Harrington.
            Bit harsh, thought he was the most important European caddie by a long way.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
              Yeah we're cancelling it now obviously but she was paying monthly and they've taken two months already.
              Kick up a fuss! Genuinely!! Ask them toisten back to all calls between herself and the cs representative, insist that you sent the letter! Mention 'the codeword "ombudsman" for extra effect! Don't do this with a lowly phone monkey though, get onto a supervisor or manager!!

Other way to play it is, tell them your in oz and he car hasn't been used, it's been lying around! They might backdate cover to theft only and the when you cancel you'll be due a bit more back than if you cancel a full policy!!
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Jaysus Captain Planet lay off the exclamation marks, it hurts me eyes
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Steve types like a 14 year old girl on a red bull buzz sounds...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

potential sweat at the death in the Ryder Cup?

office golfers are having heart attacks watching Graham McIlroy here

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        potential sweat at the death in the Ryder Cup?

office golfers are having heart attacks watching Graham McIlroy here
                        Epic stuff and no work getting done here until this is over.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                          Epic stuff and no work getting done here until this is over.
                          rather unusually I am the only non-female working here atm

the sweat just got sweatier it appears

USA! USA! etc

Comment

This is getting tense, come on Graeme.
                            Last edited by Maloney; 04-10-10, 14:11.
                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              hmmm 'wish-shopping' in IKEA this morning.... Apparently suggesting to the gf that I could move back to Dublin, we share a gaff, and then commute to Preston for the teaching days was interpreted as 'he asked me to move in with him'. Which is, of course, a technically correct interpretation, but.....![/SIZE]
                              you're fucked now boyo!

Comment

He should do the honourable thing and walk. Just looking at him rooted to his seat in the dug out yesterday as the game slipped away said it all tbh.

Huh? I wouldnt have thought giving someone less than a a fair amount of time in a job was your style Lloyd. Its 7 league games in FFS.

Comment

Next Werewolf game should be Ryder Cup themed imo.

Comment

A magnificent effort from the greatest country in the world all the same.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                      Huh? I wouldnt have thought giving someone less than a a fair amount of time in a job was your style Lloyd. Its 7 league games in FFS.
                                      Have you watched those seven games?

Comment

Yurrop?

Comment

What did Bhutan do now?

Comment

Yurrop?
                                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6zMznCm2Cw[/ame]

Comment

Common mistake from American's, Europe isn't a country.

Comment

Those Ladbrokes update threads were the nuts.

Where/when will the next similar event be if I want to join in the craic by providing some of the dead money or helping with the updates?

Comment

Yurrop?
                                                  your german mates are not in charge just yet lad

Comment

Yup Europe done good.

KenMcLeod on Europe:
                                                    "Hey, this is Europe. We took it from nobody; we won it from the bare soil that the ice left. The bones of our ancestors, and the stones of their works, are everywhere. Our liberties were won in wars and revolutions so terrible that we do not fear our governors: they fear us. Our children giggle and eat ice-cream in the palaces of past rulers. We snap our fingers at kings. We laugh at popes. When we have built up tyrants, we have brought them down. And we have nuclear *fucking* weapons."
                                                    Sitck it up yer gash Amerikay
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have you watched those seven games?
                                                      I have,they have been truely atrocious but thats not really the point. Its ludicrious to suggest that such a short amount of time is fair to give someone who is clearly competent at their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                        your german mates are not in charge just yet lad
                                                        zat iss vot you think mein kleine untermenschen Irishche freund

Comment

Comment

Am I right in thinking that it's far too late to start any work and should just write the whole day off?
                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Quick q:

Would the round-of-each tournie in the Fitz on a Saturday get many runners? Was tempted to head in there, but looked like there was some big freezeout on at the same time that assumed would be taking all the players. Also would the Sunday afternoon game in the Fitz get many in?
                                                              you're living with a burd now
                                                              Mass, Lidl and IKEA for you on Sundays from now on!

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                Am I right in thinking that it's far too late to start any work and should just write the whole day off?
                                                                5 min job you have been putting off for weeks is crying out to have a good hour spent on it!

Christ we have infected the whole of Europe with the OLE OLE shit

Comment

Quick q:

Would the round-of-each tournie in the Fitz on a Saturday get many runners? Was tempted to head in there, but looked like there was some big freezeout on at the same time that assumed would be taking all the players. Also would the Sunday afternoon game in the Fitz get many in?
                                                                  what round of each would this be now Ted?

there's a 120+5 FO at 8.30pm on a Saturday but that's the only regular donkament I'm aware of on Saturdays unless they do something else in the afternoon

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                      I have,they have been truely atrocious but thats not really the point. Its ludicrious to suggest that such a short amount of time is fair to give someone who is clearly competent at their job.
                                                                      It isn't ludicrous Sam. We have been THAT bad. His tactical approach is way out of whack with the players at our disposal. It simply makes no sense to sit deep at home to Northampton. To then go to Utrecht a week later and repeat the trick is galling. To sit deep again against Blackpool the following Sunday unforgivable.

He isn't changing things, either in the games themselves, or between games. And he has looked on another planet both during games and in post game interviews.

He isn't up to it and, to be perfectly honest, his record does not demand extreme patience. He has been a journeyman, and this challenge appears beyond his capabilities.

Comment

It isn't ludicrous Sam. We have been THAT bad. His tactical approach is way out of whack with the players at our disposal. It simply makes no sense to sit deep at home to Northampton. To then go to Utrecht a week later and repeat the trick is galling. To sit deep again against Blackpool the following Sunday unforgivable.

He isn't changing things, either in the games themselves, or between games. And he has looked on another planet both during games and in post game interviews.

He isn't up to it and, to be perfectly honest, his record does not demand extreme patience. He has been a journeyman, and this challenge appears beyond his capabilities.

Stick with Hodgson imo, not a premiership manager but he will be a revelation for yas in the championship next season.

Comment

We will have to agree to disagree Lloyd. You clearly were pretty appalled by his appointment (I didnt think he was a great choice either) but a journeyman in the sense that you mean he really is not and now that he is there I certainly think its only fair to give him a chance, just as anyone else would expect in a job.

Comment

The crowd control was pretty terrible at the end. It looked like an All Ireland final when it was all over.

Comment

How many does the Fitz get on a Monday and what time does it finish at normally? On a wee bit of form so perhpaps it's worth sacrificing a school night .

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                  How many does the Fitz get on a Monday and what time does it finish at normally? On a wee bit of form so perhpaps it's worth sacrificing a school night .
                                                                                  about 50, usually finishes about 3

it's a decent game, little bit light on starting stack though (6k + 500 early bird)

Comment

I have booked Toronto for November 25th with a return flight on Feb 20th. I know everyone said pick Vancouver but i just stuck with my first choice.

I plan on living there for 2 months and the using February to travel maybe hit stateside.

If anyone can think of must dos in that part of the world feel free to fire them at me.

Il have to bring the GF to NYC and i think id like a few days in Washington.
                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Stay indoors

Comment

Anyone recommend somewhere for a holiday in November? Was thinking somewhere like Cyprus, some sun and not too expensive.
                                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Anyone recommend somewhere for a holiday in November? Was thinking somewhere like Cyprus, some sun and not too expensive.
                                                                                          Bray

Comment

Bray
                                                                                            Bray is a rip off tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              Bray is a rip off tbf.
                                                                                              it's a delighful Victorian resort replete with amusing characters

it even has its own toy train

Comment

Cyprus was pretty expensive when I was there a few years ago.

Bulgaria and Croatia are supposed to be pretty cool not sure what the weather would be like at that time of year.

Comment

Anti-smoking ad from 1915.
                                                                                                  That told them!

Comment

Ryanair fly to Malta and hotels are reasonably priced.

Cant say the place blew me away but suppose its not bad.
                                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Now the golf is over this is keeping me entertained - Ricochet Game

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                      Cyprus was pretty expensive when I was there a few years ago.

Bulgaria and Croatia are supposed to be pretty cool not sure what the weather would be like at that time of year.
                                                                                                      Apparently Croatia is pretty cold at that time of year, and I'm never going back to Bulgaria - not sure I'd be allowed back in tbh!

Comment

Cleared it a few days ago

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                        I have booked Toronto for November 25th with a return flight on Feb 20th. I know everyone said pick Vancouver but i just stuck with my first choice.

I plan on living there for 2 months and the using February to travel maybe hit stateside.

If anyone can think of must dos in that part of the world feel free to fire them at me.

Go see the Ryder Cup Trophy...oh wait...
                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Its Blue-Rinse Brigade season anywhere in Europe in November unfortunately.
                                                                                                          Canary Islands would be your best bet, not really a place for cheap flights though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Didn't the make a big hoopla a while ago about how their nuggets were 'now made with real chicken'?
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                              Steve types like a 14 year old girl on a red bull buzz sounds...
                                                                                                              iPhone. It's a habit I seem to have picked up.'tough to break!
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Did I hear you get a mention on Ryder Cup FM ?
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                                                  Didn't the make a big hoopla a while ago about how their nuggets were 'now made with real chicken'?
                                                                                                                  Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve—bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this
                                                                                                                  It is REAL in the truest sense of the word.
                                                                                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                                                                    Those Ladbrokes update threads were the nuts.

Where/when will the next similar event be if I want to join in the craic by providing some of the dead money or helping with the updates?
                                                                                                                    Irish Winter Festival in the Burlington at the end of this month probably.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                      Irish Winter Festival in the Burlington at the end of this month probably.
                                                                                                                      The IPO hopefully.

I asked Dom if he could get a team together.

Comment

anyone know what is on in Barry's casino tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

Tim Bits, Poutine, Alexander Keiths and hockey.
                                                                                                                          You'll spend a lot of time in the P.A.T.H as well
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X