Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rooney you legend, well played Becks not doing a tap for milan helping the real club out.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        Solid post Andrew, I'd only take issue with that sentence. I'm not sure that getting over to Vegas is any barometer of success in poker really. For a lot of Irish all it means is that they are in action and had their run hot period of the year in the lead up to it. Plenty of lads who get over in successive years by the seats of their pants and return home broke. Plus I'm sure there are a few successful players who can't be bothered heading over for whatever reasons. .
        Yeah I agree totally. Heading to Vegas is probably - EV for 90% of professional poker players (compared to staying at home and playing whatever their normal game is). Check out Andy Wards blogs on the subject, one of the most consistently successful MTT players this side of the Atlantic.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 16-02-10, 23:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            Not sure if this is crap, genius or sad:

Cleverbot - Chat with a bot about anything and everything - AI learns from people, in context, and imitates

ask him any questions you want... he's a bit weird though (and quite philosophical) in some of the responses! Can turn into quite the strange conversation!

EDIT: guessing this is the bot taking the piss below about the spelling thing? Has to be!

Bot: I never heard of them, can you give me a link to a song of thiers?
            Me: theirs, not thiers
            Bot: What do yoou mean?
            Me: ha ha, you have bad spelling
            Bot: Where did I spell something wrong?

EDIT2: and then it continued:

Me: You pretended not to be able to spell
            Bot: No I didn't. I never pretend to be sick.
            Me: Have you ever been sick?
            Bot: Yes. Have you ever been sick?
            Me: Yes, of course, but you are a computer; surely its strange that you were sick?
            Bot: No, you are a computer. I am the dog.

(going to stop now but somewhat intrigued)

EDIT3: but there was a slightly obvious follow on to the last part...

Me: Does that mean you can lick your own balls?
            Bot: I am able to infer.
            Me: What? Infer what self-ball-licking would be like?
            Bot: It is great. We hosted the 2004 Olympic Games you know.

(slightly addictive tbh for about five mins)

Its kind of scaring me.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Cleverbot - Chat with a bot about anything and everything - AI learns from people, in context, and imitates

ask him any questions you want... he's a bit weird though, and quite philosophical, in some of the responses! Can turn into quite the strange 'conversation'!
              Yep interesting and sad.

Me:what is color
              It:What is love.
              Me:red
              It:I live in a yellow submarine.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                BOOM tie over
                lol

Typical as always of united to get a lucky goal to get them back into a game that they were getting dominated in.

Comment

ask him any questions you want... he's a bit weird though (and quite philosophical) in some of the responses! Can turn into quite the strange conversation!

EDIT: guessing this is the bot taking the piss below about the spelling thing? Has to be!

Bot: I never heard of them, can you give me a link to a song of thiers?
                  Me: theirs, not thiers
                  Bot: What do yoou mean?
                  Me: ha ha, you have bad spelling
                  Bot: Where did I spell something wrong?

EDIT2: and then it continued:

Me: You pretended not to be able to spell
                  Bot: No I didn't. I never pretend to be sick.
                  Me: Have you ever been sick?
                  Bot: Yes. Have you ever been sick?
                  Me: Yes, of course, but you are a computer; surely its strange that you were sick?
                  Bot: No, you are a computer. I am the dog.

(going to stop now but somewhat intrigued)

EDIT3: but there was a slightly obvious follow on to the last part...

Me: Does that mean you can lick your own balls?
                  Bot: I am able to infer.
                  Me: What? Infer what self-ball-licking would be like?
                  Bot: It is great. We hosted the 2004 Olympic Games you know.
                  Tried my best to get it to turn their cam on but was having none of it, typical internet chat for me...
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                    A big lol at the government, i was at a Transport & Logistics function last week and you would think the Minister for Transport would come along, oh no we had the joy of listening to the Minister for Education spout on for 20 mins about government policy and other such nonsense which had fck all to do with the function.

O god they still do that do they, did they have like 5 stalls there with everyone sellin telematics and RFID, o u have to buy dat trackin for your fleet so u know where they are..... lol if u dont know where your fleet of trucks are u shouldnt be in a transport office lol... was at a couple of these really really unimpressive (if thats a word)

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Also, when people are speculating who Eddie Durkin is can you please not refer to other posters you think it might be as retards or similar please?
                    Sorry if that was pointed at me i didnt want to direct that comment at anyone but myself.. i sometimes read my posts and laugh at alot of them lol dyslexia!!!!

Comment

What a woman in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                        Sorry if that was pointed at me i didnt want to direct that comment at anyone but myself.. i sometimes read my posts and laugh at alot of them lol dyslexia!!!!
                        Not directed at you as far as I remember. Eoghan104 I'm looking at you, you big heartbreaker you.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Sigh. I recognise her. I always thought it would be a dark day whenever I finally recognised some random hot celebrity picture posted up!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Seen numerous nicer looking birds walking up grafton street tonight. Celebrities are overated.

Comment

lol, heard a good comment about 4chan. There was some moves to have the place shut down or cleaned up, but then people realised it was good to know where all the freaks are at any point in time. Was also a useful way to keep those people away from the rest of the internet!
                              True, though in fairness, sometimes they come up with absolute gold
                              e.g
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                Seen numerous nicer looking birds walking up grafton street tonight. Celebrities are overated.
                                I couldnt make my mind up whether i found you funny or annoying before but that post has put you firmly into the annoying camp

Comment

Comment

That computer bot fails the Turing test so badly, but so have any bot I've ever tested which had been written specifically for that purpose.

That United match was something else, great viewing. Why does Fergie often turn into a moron when United get to the knockout stages in the European Cup? His one trick years ago used to be to move Giggs from an effective left winger into a central role as a secondary striker who didn't do much.

Tonight he decides that Fletcher on the left and Park in a free role like he's Ronaldo is just the job. I don't get it. No way Milan should have lost on chances created. I thought they were dead and buried at 3-1 and that their oldness would see them ship another, fair dues to them, Seedorf had a great impact. It also helped that Scholes was left on past his bedtime as he usually can't last anywhere near that long and is always subbed.

Looking forward to the return leg and hope Milan get an early goal.

Comment

4chan does have some quality stuff on it.

Comment

Link to Andy wards Blog on the topic HJ? his blog is hella long!

Comment

lol, heard a good comment about 4chan. There was some moves to have the place shut down or cleaned up, but then people realised it was good to know where all the freaks are at any point in time. Was also a useful way to keep those people away from the rest of the internet!
                                          What is it for though? Apart from hoarding freaks. At least here, poker is somewhat a theme.

Comment

Comment

DBC making a effort imo

Comment

anyone want $50 on stars for the same on full tilt?
                                                il send 1st of course
                                                pm please

Comment

This is 4chan single-handedly destroying a guys life:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                    anyone want $50 on stars for the same on full tilt?
                                                    il send 1st of course
                                                    pm please
                                                    a bit off, irish, but what part of portlaosie u from. lived there for a couple of years a while back. just a wonder is all
                                                    http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Pathetic post. I thought you were just acting the maggot but having read some of your posts in other threads of late and now this one I feel I was sadly mistaken.

I'm now certain who you are after checking your writing style against the most hated poster in the old forum.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                        What was Danny doing last weekend???
                                                        I dont see it but each to their own
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                          Pathetic post. I thought you were just acting the maggot but having read some of your posts in other threads of late and now this one I feel I was sadly mistaken.

I'm now certain who you are after checking your writing style against the most hated poster in the old forum.
                                                          Confirmed DBC then??
                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post

http://i.imgur.com/RihMh.jpg
                                                            Obviously not a nice thing to do (although sadly I did LOL ), but it's not exactly "destroying a guys life" His HDD got wiped... and what sort of gobshite asks 4chan for advice and follows it???

Comment

http://i.imgur.com/RihMh.jpg
                                                              lol, are people really that stupid. I think the guy was trolling.
                                                              if not, then ul

edit: 2 stars for me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                  Obviously not a nice thing to do (although sadly I did LOL ), but it's not exactly "destroying a guys life" His HDD got wiped... and what sort of gobshite asks 4chan for advice and follows it???
                                                                  Am i the only one thinking here he leveled those idiots ?

Then again, i know people are dumb, but the magnet thing, has to be a level.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                                                    a bit off, irish, but what part of portlaosie u from. lived there for a couple of years a while back. just a wonder is all
                                                                    down by the old dunnes stores at the mo, moved to the borris rd 1st off
                                                                    Last edited by Laois Hammer; 17-02-10, 01:00.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                      Am i the only one thinking here he leveled those idiots ?

Then again, i know people are dumb, but the magnet thing, has to be a level.
                                                                      probably, kinda a shit level though innit?? Although I never really understood the appeal of levelling if there isn't gonna be a big reveal at the end??

I thought it might have been a set-up of some description if it wasn't just some moran... but with the amount of morans in Internetland who knows...

Comment

I thought the Moran's were just a problem here in Waterford! Never knew they caused trouble all over the world!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                                          down by the old dunnes stores at the mo, moved to the borris rd 1st off
                                                                          sound. used to live in beechlawn. up a bit from dunnes. ach was just a bit curios when i saw Portlaoise on ur Sig.

Comment

I think it was a level, but with out a reveal, or maybe some sort of faked news story that his father literally killed him (news prop bet ammo) then its a bit pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              As an aside, I believe the ability of the interview process to determine the most suitable candidate to be extremely low.
                                                                              For sure. What real alternatives do you have to such a method that can be used on a regular basis?

One thing I would argue is that the whole idea of HR departments is slightly illogical. Most everything about a position within a company (its identification, objectives, limitations, placement and function within a certain team) is a product of specific departmental management. Would it not be far more efficient for a company to leave the selling and selection of positions to the people who are going to be driving them forward? I mean, I can understand the value of high brow HR consultancy for high level positions where the supply : demand equilibrium is radically different than that of the majority of jobs available within a majority of firms.

I think (and I'm interested in people proving me wrong here! ) that the culture of HR is something distinct and generic across all sectors and firms. By making them the first point of contact for most entry and mid level positions to a firm, you are essentially placing a large slice of your organisation's future prospects in a group of people that are likely to be some of the most straight laced and uncreative people employed by you. Not forgetting that they also will tend to have the least general experience of what it is like to work in the positions they are staffing, and detailed on the ground understanding of what is practically required of staff in such positions on an ongoing basis.

Surely a lot of places drastically reduce their expectation in this way?
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Mr.Flash?

Comment

I thought the Moran's were just a problem here in Waterford! Never knew they caused trouble all over the world!
                                                                                  I wonder where the moran meme came from??

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    DBC making a effort imo
                                                                                    Although i feel honoured that you rate me the same as DBC

Sadly you're wrong again

Comment

checking your writing style
                                                                                      haha get a life mr flash!

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                        I wonder where the moran meme came from??
                                                                                        I knew there was a reason why I was somewhat surprised that you used "moran". I ploughed on with my reply though .

Terrible meme though

Comment

Most users ever online was 112, Yesterday at 22:00

Thats more than boards poker ever got isin't it?

Comment

Originally posted by nicK View Post
                                                                                            michel cleis - la mezcla, pretty meh..
                                                                                            No its a bad remix of La Mezcla. La Mezcla is fantastic, probably the best dance song of 2008.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y7D8eUrjMc[/ame]

Comment

lads trying to login into deucescracked.com. it keeps popping up with a upc page redirecting me to more options for 2cracked.com. any ideas

Comment

Most users ever online was 112, Yesterday at 22:00

Thats more than boards poker ever got isin't it?
                                                                                                I doubt it. Not during some of the popcorn moments or irish wsop FTs, Marty, John o'Shea etc

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                                                                                lads trying to login into deucescracked.com. it keeps popping up with a upc page redirecting me to more options for 2cracked.com. any ideas

Does linking help?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  I doubt it. Not during some of the popcorn moments or irish wsop FTs, Marty, John o'Shea etc

Does linking help?
                                                                                                  no linking does the same thing as i have.

Comment

does any one else have any probs tryin access ducescraked.com.??

Comment

Fine for me on Vodafone @ home BB

Comment

think i just got done. sick to the teeth too.

bought the remainding 3 month membership of 2scracked off some1 in the main room. paid $60 for it. he sent me a mail saying my email was login and the password was ............. now i cant get in. iv sent him 2 pm's but to no reply.

sick to the teeth i is.

dismiss all but the no ans from the 2 mails i sent him. i went and reset the the whole thing thru the email. i think its working now.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Ziggin&Zaggin; 17-02-10, 02:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                          Also - El St or Willie, would you not hire Doke because of his current profession?

Well I certainly wouldnt employ doke!!
                                                                                                          I mean, fcuk it, with all the time off he'd need to go and play all them tournaments he keeps multi-qualifying for, he wouldnt be of much use!!

connie

Comment

Im 90% sure there has just been a shooting/somebodys house shot at where i live, heard what sounded like 2 shots went out to the door stood there for a couple of minutes and then seen a bunch of garda and special branch cars flying down the road.
                                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                              Im 90% sure there has just been a shooting/somebodys house shot at where i live, heard what sounded like 2 shots went out to the door stood there for a couple of minutes and then seen a bunch of garda and special branch cars flying down the road.
                                                                                                              what part of limerick are you from ??
                                                                                                              You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

FT sweat on PS 30r 6max, 1/6
                                                                                                                http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                                                                  Ul, first hand I saw was when that cnut slowrolled you for that pot, sick, karma will get him back hopefully...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

UL
                                                                                                                    You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

such a sick slowroll pot that wud guarantee the win ah well fml
                                                                                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQJFv9SMSMQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

lol

Comment

Haha, that was brilliant, the best bit is when the black hits the old guy first and the girl with the camera starts laughing. The old guy shuts her pretty quick

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X