This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
    I'll take a bit of that. Bet is who gets back from Killarney last yeah?
    Mmmmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Mmmmmmmmm
      No confidence in me .. may require odds lol.

Just do it amongst yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        I have a Sony Bravia, would that work?

(really am clueless about this stuff)
        Dunno, mine is only a pretty low level Panasonic (albeit relatively new), but if your TV has a USB slot in the side it prob should be able to. Well worth checking and trying a tester to check IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
          No confidence in me .. may require odds lol.

Just do it amongst yourselves
          Me thinks Ghostface has plans for Monday.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
              Are you doing it in May? (Level 2, yeah?). Going to do the first one in May, just waiting on the uni to pay the bill.
              Not sure I want to talk to you after your WW shenanigans

I wish. Failed L1 band 8 (top 20-30% of failures) last June even though I've a first in the Finance and Capital Markets masters from DCU. Just didn't put enough time in.

Paying it twice out of my own pocket is not nice. I think it's June 4th next year. I'm sure you'll fly through it any way. It's not tough just the volume is a killer. Any questions about it just hit me up with a PM.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                  +1 I was the same at first, now I basically only watch stuff I DL.

Also, +1 on the new TV aswell. My new one has a USB slot so all I have to do is DL something, put it onto a USB HD thingy and the TV plays it!! Easy peasy!!
                  Yeah some people are just so stubborn about stuff I try to give them a reasonable explanation and you can just see them turn off after about 30 seconds so I just give up

Im the same I very rarely watch anything on tv just the odd bits and bobs. Ive turned into a bit of quality snob and the majority of my stuff is all HD.

I really have to get some more storage in the meantime, ive only 3gb left on my main storage hard drive with so much new tv shows back and some new ones starting ive just built up a bit of back log.

The new tv we bought has a USB port but I cant find my memory stick to try it out

I have a Sony Bravia, would that work?

(really am clueless about this stuff)
                  You should look into buying a little media hard drive and hooking it up through your tv and you would be sorted.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Broadcasting Act 2009

“television set” means any electronic apparatus capable of receiving
                    and exhibiting television broadcasting services broadcast for general
                    reception (whether or not its use for that purpose is dependent on
                    the use of anything else in conjunction with it) and any software or
                    assembly comprising such apparatus and other apparatus;
                    Section 140 onwards if you are interested. http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/b...2009/a1809.pdf
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Any maths people on here have any recommendations on where to read up on Set and Measure theory? Been over 2 years since I did some of this stuff, and I don't think I had any clue what Borel Measurable meant back then either!

Just looking for some decent definition and examples, could be as easy as using Mathematica or Wiki or a combination of both (which I've been trying), but struggling to wrap my head around it all again.

Comment

I have downloaded movies that I already have on DVD because its to much hassle to mess around with physical disks.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                          Any maths people on here have any recommendations on where to read up on Set and Measure theory? Been over 2 years since I did some of this stuff, and I don't think I had any clue what Borel Measurable meant back then either!

Just looking for some decent definition and examples, could be as easy as using Mathematica or Wiki or a combination of both (which I've been trying), but struggling to wrap my head around it all again.
                          Not a recommendation but I took some measurement theory definitions from http://suppes-corpus-stanford.edu/te...s/IMSSS_45.pdf previously.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                            Me thinks Ghostface has plans for Monday.
                            Lounging round in a jacuzzi full of champagne celebrating my win (in the side even) with some of Killarneys finest ho's. Altho why i'd waste good champagne like that is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              btw a lad in my office thinks he is doing it in December despite only being half way through the first book, and not even having much of a finance background.
                              It's definitely possible. I only used the CFA books last time as I was overconfident and paid the price. Gonna go with Elan Guides this time. I've heard great things about them. I was talking to a few people after the exam and a few were upset with Schweser as some of the questions that came up were not included in their revision books.

Bring your career to the next level, explore our online CFA CMA CPA exam review courses. Industry standard excellence at your convenience. Learn more here.

If you sign up you get a free book that covers the economics section. Some other free samples on that site too.

I found this site pretty late in the day last year. Absolute gem. Wish I'd found it earlier.
                              Last edited by Lurker23; 29-09-10, 16:35. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                Not a recommendation but I took some measurement theory definitions from http://suppes-corpus-stanford.edu/te...s/IMSSS_45.pdf previously.
                                Broken link?

Comment

Broken link?
                                  Pretty sure I didn't save the document at the time. It was alive mid august so try google cache maybe?

Suppes, P., Zinnes, J.L. (1962) Basic Measurement Theory

Comment

Please post NSFW material in spoiler tags!! Aye Carumba.
                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                      And your a creepy old man hanging around a, for the most part, youthful BBV

so posting randomn shiit is creepy, what should I do instead, drive a fecking TAXI around wexford? The internet is not just for taxi driving rednecks who've obviousy been speared by some equally ugly older relative. Get help Finkle, some of us are not here to get into your charred jocks. What creepy is you going on about it ad nausem.
                                      God help the blind fecker that buggered you.

As for the BBV, when I hit it 1st it was a boring badbeat fest Now it for the most part
                                      a thread for amusing. informative chat. so GTFO CREEP.

now tell us another joke from sickepdia you creative genius

enjoyed that
                                      Last edited by Solskjaer; 29-09-10, 16:40.

Comment

just played super mario on my ps3.
                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                          Pretty sure I didn't save the document at the time. It was alive mid august so try google cache maybe?

Suppes, P., Zinnes, J.L. (1962) Basic Measurement Theory
                                          hmm, maybe Measure Theory isn't quite what I'm after.

I'm doing sets and sigma-algebras and Borel-algebras across Probability Measurements, Probability Spaces etc.

All I have to work with is quite dense theoretical papers and notes, effectively need a math translator!

Comment

Rubin Kazan vs Barca

Currently 1-0 to Rubin

Comment

off to Chapter One for me tay tonight

pre-theatre menu though, there is a recession on after all
                                              Enjoy. i booked it for early Dec for the wife's birthday, based on your scale.

No pressure

Comment

off to Chapter One for me tay tonight

pre-theatre menu though, there is a recession on after all
                                                trip report pls, trying to decide where to go for nosh before bill bailey on friday evening.
                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I'm doing sets and sigma-algebras and Borel-algebras across Probability Measurements, Probability Spaces etc.
                                                  I'm about 50/50 thinking you just made up half that sentence... so I guess I can't be of any more help

Comment

I would've said sigma-field / Borel-field in undergrad, but they're known as sigma-algebras here apparently.

Comment

Cracked PS3 Zuroph?
                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Anyone playing the Jackpot tonight? Any other good games on?
                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

United team for tonight

van der Sar

Rafael
                                                          Ferdinand
                                                          Vidic
                                                          Evra

Fletcher
                                                          Carrick
                                                          Anderson

Nani
                                                          Park

Berbatov

Valencia a snip at 13/8?

Comment

Spurs are complete certainties tonight.

Comment

I think Lyon are a good punt tonight

Comment

any links for the United match online?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                  I think Lyon are a good punt tonight
                                                                  Utd have to win tonight and PP are offering 13/10 for them to get over 2 corners in the 1st half, good bet imo

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                    Cracked PS3 Zuroph?
                                                                    looking for easy to follow instructions on how to do this
                                                                    ie. instructions for a clown

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                      looking for easy to follow instructions on how to do this
                                                                      ie. instructions for a clown
                                                                      Place PS3 on the ground
                                                                      Jump on it repeatedly
                                                                      Voila, cracked PS3

Comment

chinese poker tonight in the IPB league only 13 reg'd sp far

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrtMcHOwEE4&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Penalty miss to one side, Van De Vaart is a seriously tasty footballer. Looks a real bargain.

Comment

Britney is on Glee, I shall have to watch my 1st episode after the football
                                                                              I love that lunatic.

Will Spurs do their 2nd half collapse.

Park is a laughable little player, absolute rubbish . pure muck though from most of the utd team so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                Penalty miss to one side, Van De Vaart is a seriously tasty footballer. Looks a real bargain.
                                                                                This.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                  i've dropped my sailing weekend to €200 if anyones interested. Its 2 nights accomodation, 2 days of sailing lessons, and all your food included, for two people, over any weekend in october.
                                                                                  Could you throw up a link to your ad? Cheers.
                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

This was posted in AH a while back and pretty sure they both turned out to be actors.

Edit - Just caught up with the currently airing Mad Men series. What nights does it air ? This week to week thing is going to be shit!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      Britney is on Glee, I shall have to watch my 1st episode after the football
                                                                                      I love that lunatic.

Will Spurs do their 2nd half collapse.

Park is a laughable little player, absolute rubbish . pure muck though from most of the utd team so far.
                                                                                      Forced to watch it there..she's in it for about 2 seconds..although there were some other very sexy ladies dancing Almost made up for the rest of it!
                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                        Could you throw up a link to your ad? Cheers.
                                                                                        he posted a link earlier today. Check his last few posts in here and you will find it easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          This was posted in AH a while back and pretty sure they both turned out to be actors.

Edit - Just caught up with the currently airing Mad Men series. What nights does it air ? This week to week thing is going to be shit!

Opr
                                                                                          Sunday evenings in the US, usually available from the usual sources by Monday lunchtimes. Sick episode this weekend!

Comment

Seats booked for Back to the Future on Friday. Can't wait to see it on the big screen. What a classic. Props to whoever posted about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                                                                              Sunday evenings in the US, usually available from the usual sources by Monday lunchtimes. Sick episode this weekend!
                                                                                              Thanks, show just keeps getting better and so much going on at the moment.

Opr

Comment

lol
                                                                                                ipoker

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

GF is fighting with me. Sent me a text saying "Can you believe some bastard stole the boomerang off my grandmothers grave?" and I replied "maybe it will come back"...
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

MAd Men fans should check out the Guardian's Series Blog (link) its chock full of goodies and explanations of all the cultural references you may have missed.
                                                                                                    I never felt older than when we saw the daughter watching 'The Man from UNCLE' on the TV because I remember watching that when I was a kid, I suppose though it was years before RTE showed it.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

bump as requested. Sailing holiday.
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Docu on James Connolly on TG4 now.

Comment

ha, ship €150 on a €3 accumulator!

Comment

By the way, given the recent topic of conversation in here, you could do worse than purchasing the following two books:

Bought them on Saturday, and finished the second on the way home this evening. Great reads.
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

If you enjoyed them, you should read

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fooled-Randomness-Hidden-Chance-Markets/dp/0141031484[/ame]

I'm half way through it so far, has been pretty enlightening so far.

Going to have to get his second book after.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                bump as requested. Sailing holiday.
                                                                                                                I'll have a chat to my wife tomorrow, it's her birthday next month and could be fun.

Baltimore is a bit of a hike, but i've been there before and spent a weekend on Sherkin island and had a great weekend. I'll check with her tomorrow and see if I can get her mum down to babysit.
                                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Possibly the most disturbing picture ever lol

Comment

If you enjoyed them, you should read

I'm half way through it so far, has been pretty enlightening so far.

Going to have to get his second book after.
                                                                                                                    I've read the Black Swan too. His ideas are brilliant, even though his tone of superiority grates a little.

Comment

Brag: Had 3 months paid leave.

Beat: Back in work today after 3 months paid leave, long long day.

Variance: €100m Euromillions win on Friday night?
                                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

That Spurs penalty should have been retaken tonight, and it's at the core of why so many people get pissed off at match officials.

Not only was the keeper off his line before the penalty was taken but there were also 2/3 Twente defenders encroaching in the box before it was taken. What's the point in having 2 extra officials if 3 of them can't spot what's going on two foot in front of them?

No doubt there'll be at least one penalty retaken over the weekend for the same thing but the inconsistency over something so clearcut is beyond ridiculous.
                                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Full of win

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X