X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    That is kinda cool.

Slightly related; can't believe some people still use a landline. Without wanting to state the obvious, it is a crazily inferior phoning device. Looking through the Argos catalogue recently and they had an entire page advertising an expensive landline phone where you could create a contacts list i.e. something that mobiles have done for 10 years! Oh, and you can carry your mobile around with you, rather than being stuck in the one place! Phones, televisions, newspapers, and pepper - all relics of a simpler time.
    [ ] understands old people
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

That is kinda cool.

Slightly related; can't believe some people still use a landline. Without wanting to state the obvious, it is a crazily inferior phoning device. Looking through the Argos catalogue recently and they had an entire page advertising an expensive landline phone where you could create a contacts list i.e. something that mobiles have done for 10 years! Oh, and you can carry your mobile around with you, rather than being stuck in the one place! Phones, televisions, newspapers, and pepper - all relics of a simpler time.
      A house always looks slightly more respectable with a landline phone on a table in the hallway.
      If I go into someones house and they don't have a landline phone I automatically sense that its a weird household.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        I had a read of the wiki article on haiku, still dont get it !!
        "Haikus are easy
        But sometimes they don't make sense
        Refrigerator"

is a haiku. It doesn't make sense.

Refrigerator.

Comment

Could anyone sort me out with $50 on Boyles for full tilt please?

I will transfer first.

edit: No need now, sorted!
          Last edited by NewApproach; 24-09-10, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            anyone on for last longest in the Fitz schalps tonight

or even a bounty on V for Vendetta's ass should he make an appearance
            Overwhelmed with choice for tonight, I thinkI could end up staying in.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
              "Haikus are easy
              Refrigerator"

is a haiku. It doesn't make sense.

Refrigerator.
              So I was thinking
              It is probably not too
              Late for a refund
              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

An amazing picture of thousands of rays swimming through the ocean in a colossal school has scooped top prize in the CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year 2010 awards.
                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I gave up on the TV show Community after a couple of episodes as I didn't think it was great but supposedly it gets much better. Someone on boards recommended watching episode 23 the paint ball one as an example of how much better it becomes. It can be watched out of context and is very funny.

Opr

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQ-OGZyDfY[/ame]

Comment

I bit a zombie.
                      it was ironic but the
                      taste was terrible

Comment

doing moot court soon, i presume all i have to do is constantly say my name

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqsIpYQ5e_g[/ame]

Comment

I'm playing tonight at the button factory at 11, supporting Tony Lionni who is playing a live set. Should be a pretty good night!

Also - Boardwalk Empire is brilliant, probably the best pilot I've ever seen

and also related, Is there an Irish charity for victims of Domestic Abuse that is not gender specific. The pilot made me want to help somehow, but I don't want to have to choose (and I'm not that generous)

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            I'm playing tonight at the button factory at 11, supporting Tony Lionni who is playing a live set. Should be a pretty good night!

Also - Boardwalk Empire is brilliant, probably the best pilot I've ever seen

and also related, Is there an Irish charity for victims of Domestic Abuse that is not gender specific. The pilot made me want to help somehow, but I don't want to have to choose (and I'm not that generous)
                            Doubt there are many that deal with both sexes,maybe I'm wrong.Give half to a women's charity and half to a male one? "Amen" is a good one for male victims of abuse.

Good luck with the gig.

Comment

Another pakastani cricketer has been arrested after he placed a suspicious bet with an online bookmaker. His £5 bet on Liverpool to win this weekend alerted the authorities immediately!

Comment

Thought Boardwalk Empire was good, it kept my interest. But i think its one of those ones that if Steve Buschemi wasnt in it and if we didnt know it was a Scorsese thing it wouldnt get much attention. Buschemi is making it good.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  Thought Boardwalk Empire was good, it kept my interest. But i think its one of those ones that if Steve Buschemi wasnt in it and if we didnt know it was a Scorsese thing it wouldnt get much attention. Buschemi is making it good.
                                  That's kind of the whole point though. Scorsese's made some of the best films of all time so it would be a bit of a shock if he turned to TV and made a hash of it. Apparently he has been pretty hands on throughout the whole series even though he only directed the pilot.
                                  sigpic
                                  www.d4events.com

Comment

The opening credits are awful imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBTjymxdweA[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Haikus are easy
                                      I call it a fridge

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoR6YQ1V8ks[/ame]

Tom Petty & Jeff Lyne and Prince

Pure brilliance
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I really like it it,the only small critisisim I'd have is it's a bit heavy on the CGI.Maybe that's what the lads are getting at with not liking the opening credits.

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                            That's kind of the whole point though. Scorsese's made some of the best films of all time so it would be a bit of a shock if he turned to TV and made a hash of it. Apparently he has been pretty hands on throughout the whole series even though he only directed the pilot.
                                            I suppose but for me a top show you dont need a big name as the main player and it would still work but im just not sure in this case. Theres something kinda smalltime about operating from the boardwalk though. He seems too approachable aswell, got too much home town morals. Turning up at the hospital there, im not sure about that.

Comment

Anyone after an IPO ticket-cant play and looking to sell it. Discountage PM me.

Comment

I suppose but for me a top show you dont need a big name as the main player and it would still work but im just not sure in this case. Theres something kinda smalltime about operating from the boardwalk though. He seems too approachable aswell, got too much home town morals. Turning up at the hospital there, im not sure about that.
                                                I suspect I am being whooshed but isn't that the point?

Once you have seen any show that works it is hard to imagine it working with any other lead. Can you imagine a different actor playing Tony Soprano, McNulty, Dexter or even Sookie Stackhouse and the show being the same?
                                                sigpic
                                                www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                                  Can you imagine a different actor playing Tony Soprano, McNulty, Dexter or even Sookie Stackhouse and the show being the same?
                                                  I'm having fun mixing up the actors there in different roles. McNulty could pull off Dexter, but I'm struggling with James Gandolfini as Sookie with his man boobs in that tight white t-shirt. Sookie isn't a great Tony Soprano either though.

Comment

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Is that meant to be funny because he ignored the kid weaing a different jersey, or 'uniform' to use an americanism.

Either way, it doesn't work imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        Is that meant to be funny because he ignored the kid weaing a different jersey, or 'uniform' to use an americanism.

Either way, it doesn't work imo.
                                                        or because the black guy punches him

Comment

Nick Cage deserves an Oscar for The Bad Lieutenant. One of my favourite parts, couldn't stop laughing!

"To the break of dawn"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWyj3gGPWU[/ame]

Opr
                                                          Last edited by Opr; 24-09-10, 20:47.

Comment

Lol Bono's charity takes in 15mil and gives out 184k.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                              or because the black guy punches him
                                                              It looks more like a friendly fist bump to the shoulder than a punch to me. I did see that, but there is no force behind it at all and looks nothing like a punch, apart from the closed fist obviously.

Comment

got this bad boy today. has a 500gb harddrive though not a 320gb one.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                  Nick Cage deserves an Oscar for The Bad Lieutenant. One of my favourite parts, couldn't stop laughing!

"To the break of dawn"

Opr
                                                                  I thought this was a dreadful film. Bad Lieu with harvey Keitel is so superior its not even funny. Part with him in the chursh with the statue is riculous!!

Comment

I reckon he out-levelled the kid.

He'd probably seen what that little Chelsea punk did to Steven Gerrard a few years ago.

Comment

There's a stunningly bright full moon up there tonight.
                                                                      Perfect excuse to repost this, love it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTPTa278dZY[/ame]
                                                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Did you go to the Waterford match Danny? Thats Limerick's season over, couldn't believe the price Waterford were.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                          I thought this was a dreadful film. Bad Lieu with harvey Keitel is so superior its not even funny. Part with him in the chursh with the statue is riculous!!
                                                                          Its not a remake of the one with Keitel and Herzog opposed the studio calling it Bad Lieutenant but didn't get his way. Its meant to be a ridiculous dark comedy that is a parody film of the police drama stuff.

Opr

Comment

dannydiamond

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                              got this bad boy today. has a 500gb harddrive though not a 320gb one.

http://laptops.toshiba.com/laptops/s...650/L655-S5075
                                                                              I have a Toshiba Satellite, about a year old, and imo they are a very solid machine.

Get yourself a notebook cooler. I have a Zalman Notebook Cooler ZM-NC2000 cost about €50 from Komplett.ie. It sits under the laptop and blows air at the base of the laptop. It is powered by a USB cable from the laptop, cooling fan speed can be increased / reduced.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                Did you go to the Waterford match Danny? Thats Limerick's season over, couldn't believe the price Waterford were.
                                                                                Nah, I didn't go. It's getting fairly tight at the top now, that's Limerick pretty much finished alright.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                  dannydiamond
                                                                                  What in the what now

Comment

Its not a remake of the one with Keitel and Herzog opposed the studio calling it Bad Lieutenant but didn't get his way. Its meant to be a ridiculous dark comedy that is a parody film of the police drama stuff.

Opr
                                                                                    Yeah i know its not a remake but there is an obvious comparison between the 2 films. Like one is shit and the other isn't

SPOILER
                                                                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qI60RZ0Gr4

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                      I have a Toshiba Satellite, about a year old, and imo they are a very solid machine.

Get yourself a notebook cooler. I have a Zalman Notebook Cooler ZM-NC2000 cost about €50 from Komplett.ie. It sits under the laptop and blows air at the base of the laptop. It is powered by a USB cable from the laptop, cooling fan speed can be increased / reduced.
                                                                                      +1

I got this one [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001380EU4/ref=oss_product[/ame] a few months ago for about €20 and find it excellent. This one actually sucks air away from the laptop, and blows it out the back. I'd imagine yours does the same, as blowing air into it would risk blowing dust in too, imo.
                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                        What in the what now
                                                                                        Funny WW injoke,nvm.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                          Yeah i know its not a remake but there is an obvious comparison between the 2 films. Like one is shit and the other isn't

SPOILER
                                                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qI60RZ0Gr4
                                                                                          I don't see any comparison as they are trying to do completely different things. The fact it was associated with the original really hurt the film because lots of people didn't realise what type of film or expected something else when they watched it. God I thought it was genius and haven't laughed so much at a film in ages.

Opr

Comment

I don't see any comparison as they are trying to do completely different things. The fact it was associated with the original really hurt the film because lots of people didn't realise what type of film or expected something else when they watched it. God I thought it was genius and haven't laughed so much at a film in ages.

Opr
                                                                                            Different strokes for different folks i guess. I didn't find any comedy in it, black or otherwise.

We should discuss this instead Save the Green Planet very very good

Comment

Its a great film and some of the camera stuff is really unique for the time. I actually meant to see if the director did anything of note after it because he was touted as the next big thing in Korea.

SPOILER
                                                                                              What did you think of the ending (Showing him to be an Alien) ? I wasn't sure it was really needed.

Opr

Comment

Was just knocked out of a donkament on ipoker by silent reap, im sure he posts here, i shoved KQ over his open and he called with A9 and held.

So he decides to say thanks for the chips in the chat bar. Not cool.

I dont overly care really but i thought id just wish an unspeakable horor on him. DIAGF you jackass

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  So I depart Japan in the morning. It (and China) is the first 'new place' I've visited in a while and my first trip outside Europe/North America. I secretly expected to be wowed and amazed at the differences from home, but tbh its just another place, albeit a slightly bizarre one. It still has people going to work, shops, traffic etc... Maybe I'm getting old but travelling doesn't capture my imagination the way it did when I was 19. Instead of being hilarious a la Lost in Translation, no one understanding you and vice versa quickly becomes pretty tiresome. I haven't had a meaningful conversation with anyone since Wednesday! I think a lot of the enjoyment of travel is gleaned from the people you do it with rather than where you go. Still, its always good to see new places especially when you don't have to pay for it.
                                                                                                  I much preferred holidays when I was a kid.
                                                                                                  Aside from actually being a kid, travel was much more fun when it wasn't as dirt cheap as it has become. Can't really go anywhere without seeing and hearing some ham head in a gaa jersey or worse, some howayeh.

okaaay, discovered who the pasta evictee is.

Think he actually might be slightly crazy as he was quite overwrought about someone else's pasta being left out from last night and mentioned that he had to throw out this guy's pasta before (!!!) and talked about how 'this guy is really starting to piss me off'. Not sure if misinterpreting his way of talking, as he's from somewhere in Africa, but he definitely seems unhinged the few times I've talked to him.

/ was just looking at the property ads in the local newspaper and apparently you can actually buy a house on this (nice, safe, central) street for £65,000. Got to get that sorted out....
                                                                                                  I'm still on his side.
                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I hit a pretty cool career milestone tonight as I worked my first Airtricity Premier League game. It was a great experience even if we (Galway United) got thumped by Rovers.

Bit surprised after when a well known rovers player refused to give some kid with a fake microphone an interview but loads of his team mates made up for him being a bit of a dick tbf.

Comment

Was just knocked out of a donkament on ipoker by silent reap, im sure he posts here, i shoved KQ over his open and he called with A9 and held.

I dont overly care really but i thought id just wish an unspeakable horor on him. DIAGF you jackass
                                                                                                      Buy that man a pint

Comment

insensitiveaments by reaps

SPOILER
                                                                                                        like i give a fuck

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

"To the break of dawn"

Opr
                                                                                                          Really enjoyed this film. Very funny and really well directed. I couldnt recommend it enough. Not really sure why it would get any hate. That scene is so funny as is the please release me scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFpRsgxcNA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCFpRsgxcNA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Do your footie predictions this week, DannyD,
                                                                                                            instead of posting all your favourite tunes from Sachs niteclub.
                                                                                                            Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 24-09-10, 22:44.

Comment

SPOILER

Comment

I am sure this is a repost but only heard it tonight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I[/ame]

Opr

Comment

I thought the new Bad Lieutenant was brilliant but I've an inexplicable admiration for Nicholas Cage
                                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Made the mistake of watching American Gangster a couple of days ago (Ridley Scott is such a bad director imo) however the couple of hours losr was almost redeemed by discovering this funky song with a great chorus:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLNJQLBJ88U[/ame]

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                                      +1. Thought it was excellent

Comment

These Jesus cartoon type picture things are class.

Opr

Comment

More funk required,imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmo6MRYf5g[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X